Pet Mod SylveMons (Discussion Phase)

Hoo boy, I've had a lot of ideas from a fangame I'm making. Here's a few of them:

Items:

Name: Plate Armor
Existing Item?: N
Effect: Doubles the holder's physical Defense, but prevents it from using Status Moves.
Removable via Knock Off?: Y
Ignored by Klutz?: N
Niche: Basically a physical version of the Assault Vest, this should help bulky offensive Pokemon become even bulkier (ex. Alolan Muk) or help Pokemon with decent Special bulk but abysmal Physical bulk a lot more bulky (ex. Nihilego, Goodra).
i think plate armor should be 1.5 to match assault vest.

Most HMs are absolute piss in competitive (other than Surf and Waterfall) So I'm deciding to buff them to give them a bit more use

Name - Strength
Existing Move? - Yah
Damage - 80
Accuracy - 100%
Category -

Type -

PP - 15 (24 max)
Special Effects - Breaks Protection.
Z-Move - All Out Pummelling (160 BP)
Niche - Strength is a very outclassed move, because it is basically an Extreme Speed with no priority. In Sylvemons, this is not the case. Giving many pokemon an 80 BP Fighting type move as coverage, and a way for many mons to break through Protect. This will give a much needed nerf to Kings Shield, Baneful Bunker, Spiky Shield and Protect.
Potential Pokemon With This Move - Same as usual
because aegislash is totally hurt by fighting type moves (yes i know kanghaskhan and miltank have scrappy, but it's still funny)

This is a wonderful start to SylveMons! However, some things I need to get out of the way:

I am banning the creation of signature items unless they are for pre-existing form changes (like Meloetta). It's uncreative and is a bit of a cop-out.

I forgot this originally but specify the base power and effect of items when used by fling. Here is a guide to determining Fling base power.

Finally, please keep in mind that we are building for OU, and not anything lower or higher.

This slate is likely going to end either tomorrow or the day after (unless we get a sudden flood of submissions) so finalize them while you can!

P.S: Please make all of your submissions into a single post!

P.P.S: Remember that you may only do two additions in each category per slate!

Last edited:

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
Name: Sand Decoy
Existing Move?: No
Category: Status
Type: Ground
PP: 20-32
Effect: Acts like Substitute, but with Water type moves doing 10% of the damage done, and physical contact moves are halved in power.
Misc.: N/A
Z-Move: Raises Defense by 1.
Niche: An unique variation of Substitute for Palossand and Sandygast, helping out the long run by dealing less damage to them, especially to Water-type moves. This also helps them out a lot to activate Water Compaction, considering it wasn't made like an immunity thing. Do note that it is a Substitute clone of sorts, meaning it will go down after a few hits.
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Sandygast, Palossand

Name: Aura Jab
Category: Fighting
Type: Psychic
PP: 16 Max
Effect: 80 BP, 90% Accuracy, Physical, Lowers the opponent's Special Attack and Special Defense by 1.
Misc.: Deals damage based on the opponent's Special Defense.
Z-Move: 160 BP.
Niche: Always annoying to have your special attackers get their stats lowered. A way to get passed Physical walls is always nice as well.
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Lucario, Hariyama, Riolu

Name: Time Crystal
Existing Item?: No
Effect: When held, the Pokemon's Speed will double, but their Defense and Special Defense will drop by 1/3.
Removable via Knock Off?: Yes
Ignored by Klutz?: Yes
Fling BP: 60
Niche: Basically an free Choice Scarf without the lock in, but at the cost of being much less sturdy. This can be used as a way to set up hazards quickly.

Name: Light Orb
Effect: When held by Cherrim, it becomes Sunshine Form and activates Flower Gift.
Removable via Knock Off?: No
Fling BP: 40, lowers the opponent's accuracy by 1.
Niche: Helps Cherrim become more useful in a way, but still is not the best to use.

Name: Disperal
Existing Ability?: No
Effect: Boosts Bullet Seed, Seed Bomb, and Seed Flare by 1.2x power, and Leech Seed deals 20% more damage and heals 30% more HP each turn.
Niche: High reward, especially with Leech Seed. Mostly for Shaymin-Land to see a little bit more usage.
Potential Pokemon With This Ability: Shaymin-Land, Sunflora, Sunkern, Seedot line, Bulbasaur line (replaces Chlorophyll)

Name: Root Trap
Effect: Prevents the opponent from escaping or switching out, bypassing even Shed Shell, Run Away, and phazing moves. Ghost-types can still escape, as well as any Fire-type, Flame Body, and Magma Armor
Niche: Just a way to troll any non-Fire or Ghost types, especially surpressing their U-turn and Shed Shell. However, the users are Grass-types, meaning Fire-types will wreck them.
Potential Pokemon With This Ability: Tangela line, Lileep line

Last edited:

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
Name: Airborne Strike
Category: Physical
Type: Flying
PP: 24 Max
Effect: 90 BP, 10% Chance to lower the opponent's Defense by 1.
Misc.: Contact
Z-Move: Supersonic Skystrike - 160 BP
Niche: A strong, recoil-less, physical Flying-type move that give Pokemon unable to learn Brave Bird a good STAB option, and even as coverage, Flying is a pretty decent offensive typing, hitting Pokemon like Tangrowth and Mega Medicham.
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Unfezant, Fearow, Staraptor, Talonflame, Gyarados, Thundurus(-T), Tornadus(-T), Skarmory, Dragonite, Salamence, Gliscor, Hawlucha, Aerodactyl, Crobat, Toucannon, Arcehops, Jumpluff, etc. (Flying-types, especially those with limbs, in general)

Name: Magic Room
Existing Move?: Yes
Category: Status
Type: Psychic
PP: 16 Max
Effect: For 5 turns, the opponent's held items have no effect unless it is a Mega Stone or Z-Crystal. Under Magic Room, Judgement's type is always Normal.
Misc.: N/A
Z-Move: Raises the user's Special Attack by 2 stages
Niche: Removing the ability to use items can be huge in the right situations, like shutting down Choice Scarf users, eliminating Focus Sashes, and preventing the use of helpful berries. Also, the Z-Move is a Nasty Plot on top of this and can work well in combination with negating Sashes if hazards aren't up.
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Everything that learned it before + Musharna, Girafarig, Victini, Porygon-Z, Starmie, Sylveon
Name: Relic Charm
Effect: If Meloetta holds this item, it will enter the battle in it's Pirouette form and boosts the power of Fighting-type moves by 1.2x. If anything else holds this item, no effect
Removable via Knock Off?: No (Meloetta), Yes (Anything else)
Niche: Allows Meloette-Pirouette to actually be used by itself, and with an amazing Speed Tier, unresisted combination of it's STABs + Knock Off, pivoting ability in U-Turn, priority in Quick Attack, and an overall good movepool, Meloetta-Pirouette can be a great Pokemon in OU.
RIP

Name: Blue Herb
Effect: When held, if this Pokemon has it's stats lowered, all of it's stat changes will immediately be inverted.
Fling BP: 10
Niche: A one time Contrary that can benefit Pokemon that like to use moves like Leaf Storm or Draco Meteor or help to counter Sticky Web or Defog. Unburden users, particularly Hawlucha (with Superpower) and regular Sceptile (with Leaf Storm) greatly boost in viability thanks to being able to boost their power and speed at the same time. However, keep in mind that ALL stat changes are inverted as if Topsy-Turvy was used, so don't try setting up with something like Dragon Dance before use.

Name: Adrenaline Orb
Existing Item?: Yes
Effect: Raises the Pokemon's higher stat of Attack or Special Attack upon switch-in. Single use.
Fling BP: 30
Niche: Basically a one time Download that allows Pokemon with Unburden to immediately become fast AND strong and can allow certain Pokemon do sweep late game if they're never forced to switch, like Beast Boost Pokemon.
Name: Flower Veil
Existing Ability?: Yes
Effect: This Pokemon cannot have their stats lowered or be inflicted with a status by the opposing Pokemon.
Niche: A slight change that allows Flower Veil to actually be useful, preventing being worn down by Toxic or crippled by burns and prevent Intimidate or random stat drops like Moonblast from messing up your day.
Potential Pokemon With This Ability: Flabebe line and Comfey + Chikorita line, Sunkern line, Budew line, Cherrim line, Leafeon, Petill line, Fomantis line

Name: Magic Healing
Effect: This Pokemon heals 6% of their HP every turn.
Niche: Gives Pokemon, especially those without reliable recovery, an omnipresent way of recovering HP, which greatly benefits a certain Pokemon with this ability to go from worthless to usable. You'll know the one.
Potential Pokemon With This Ability: MEGA AUDINO, Misdreavus line, Fennekin line, Hoopa (both forms), Baltoy line
To be fair, you can still have your Relic Charm submission, considering that Reviloja said you can still make Signature items for Pokemon with pre-existing form changes. Probably the Purin's Fighting Spirit item was the one that probably caused that to exist.

Name: Home-Run Bat
Existing Item?: N
Effect: Reflects Sticky Web, Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes when an opponent would use it. Single-use. Does NOT break after any uses of Spikes or Toxic Spikes.
Removable via Knock Off?: Y
Ignored by Klutz?: Y
Fling BP: 40
Niche: Very useful item on your main leading Pokémon as if they try to set up hazards, you can reflect them back. Very useful on slower mons with Taunt as with Home-Run Bat you get a free pass by reflecting Stealth Rock then you get to Taunt. It is very helpful for slower mons + leads.

Name: Stadium Burn
Existing Move?: no
Category: Special
Type: Fire
Base Power: 20
Accuracy: 100%
PP: 20-32
Effect: Removes this sides hazards and removes any terrains in play.
Z-Move: 100
Niche: Fire-Type Rapid Spin. It also clears terrains like Psychic Terrain and Electric Terrain which can be quite useful. Rapid Spin is already preform to be a good move, so this is just way better!
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Simisear, Pansear, Chimchar, Monferno, Infernape, Heatran, Houndoom, Heatmor, Turtonator, Reshiram.

Last edited:
How is voting going to work?
it's outlined in the OP as vote for six submissions for each category so i'll do that

Also I edited my items to have Fling BPs hope it's not too late for that

Moves:
Thunderclap (Pika Xreme)
Flame Bullet (Pika Xreme)
Hidden Force (LordChespin)
Airborne Strike (Yoshiblaze)
Reckless Tackle (Heavyweapons Mann)
Iceberg Crush (Samtendo09)

Abilities:
Housekeeping (Reviloja753)
Magic Healing (Yoshiblaze)
Ethereal Fist (Ezaphs)

Items:
Stimulus Replicator (Pika Xreme)
Relic Charm (Yoshiblaze)
Assault Shield (Ezaphs)
Surpresser Belt (Reviloja753)
Adrenaline Orb (Exploudit)

(rip Jigglypuff's 666XX spirit. balloon inflation device is a lame replacement tho lmao)

Also, question: Would expanding a certain signature item to include a bigger group of 'mons be against the rules?

Abilities:
Housekeeping (rev)
Magic Healing (Yoshi)

Attacks:
Stadium Burn (yveltal)
Flame Bullet (pika)

Items:
Home-Run Bat (Yveltal)
Time Crystal (ticktock)

Moves:
Airbourne Strike (Me)
Reckless Tackle (Heavy)
Thunderclap (Pika Xtreme)
Flame Bullet (Pika Xtreme)
Sap Wire (Dilasc)
Metoer Shower (Exploudit)

Items:
Relic Charm (Me)
Surpresser Belt (Rev)
Room Extender (Pika Xtreme)
Assault Shield (Ezaphs)
Adrenaline Orb (Exploudit)
Home-Run Bat (Yveltal for PU)

Abilities:
Magic Healing (Me)
Ethereal Fist (Ezaphs)
Flare Boost (Exploudit)
Disperal (Ticktock)

i think we should have a rule where you can't vote for yourself
because that's just kind of stupid imo.
btw my votes

abilities:
disperal (ticktock)

Move:
Wild Charge: (ludicrousity

Item:
Assault shield (ezaphs)

(i only did one each because i don't really want to sift through all of them and determine six for each).

btw my votes

abilities:
disperal (ticktock)

Move:

Item:
Assault shield (ezaphs)

(i only did one each because i don't really want to sift through all of them and determine six for each).
I'm allowing people to vote for themselves as disallowing them risks this Pet Mod to essentially halt in place like some other pet mods *cough cough Z-moves everywhere*

I'm allowing people to vote for themselves as disallowing them risks this Pet Mod to essentially halt in place like some other pet mods *cough cough Z-moves everywhere*
Allow me to go more in depth, and propose a rule so that everyone's happy (probably)

btw my votes

abilities:
disperal (ticktock)

Move:

Item:
Assault shield (ezaphs)

Uh, are you daft? If you just voted for only your submissions, of course that would be stupid, but it's basically proven that some degree of self-voting is healthy for keeping vote counts up. And given that if you maximize your submissions and your votes, only 1/3 of those votes can be self-votes. There's absolutely no logical basis for a complete ban on self-votes.

You know what's REALLY stupid? A situation where not voting is beneficial to your submission, and so vote counts are minimal, slowing down. That's what I call stupid.

I would say that it would prooooobably be helpful to stop anyone for voting ONLY (or mainly) for themselves. Make it against the rules to have your self-votes outnumber your other votes imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)