Pet Mod SylveMons (Discussion Phase)

After corrosion’s buff, Scrappy feels a bit excessive or overshadowing unless it denies poisoning to the once immune types. If it ignores absorb abilities then mold breaker and clones are in trouble too:

As for Somber Ambush, why not call it Encroach or Invasion or Fade Away or overshadow? Imho these have a nicer ring to them.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Give Scrappy to Umbreon so it can use Synchronoise

I'm not sure what exactally, but something in Sneasel just screams Technician.

I'm bored, so let's go with some thoughts about the distributions:
Somber Ambush: EVERY GODAMM GHOST, OK?!?! + Umbreon, Darkrai, Noctowl, Gothita line (because shadow tag) & Ariados.
Recrystalize: The original list + Onix line, Swinub line, Nihilego, Nosepass line, Aron line, Necrozma (all forms), Sableye, Dialga.
Stalwart Sword: The original list.
Ion Absorb: The original list.
Scrappy: Everything that got it before + Idk, Pikachu line? Zeraora? Fabio-Mega?
Technician: Everything that got it before + Sneasel line, Golisopod, Skorupi line?

Last edited:
I agree with the suggestions so far.

Other Possibilities:

Somber Ambush: Alolan Persian (Or Kantonese too?), Gengar, Noctowl, Ariados, Crobat, Umbreon, Sableye, Banette, Dusknoir, Rotom, Giratina, Darkrai, Golurk, Toxapex, Marshadow

Recrystalise: Vanniluxe, Crustle, Conkeldurr, Regice, Regirock, Ggalith, Diancie, Carbink, Araurus, Avalugg, Steelix, Forretress, Alolan-Sandslash, Probopass, Agron, Necrozma,

Salwart Sword:Swords of Justice, Bisharp, Samurott, Gallade, Excadrill, Scizor, Beedrill, Sceptile, Absol, Kartana, Honedge-line, Lurantis

Ion Absorb: Xurkitree, Mimkyu, Vikavolt, Heliolisk, Galvantula, Probobass, Magnezone, Rotom, Porygon-Z, Electivire, Metgross, Magearna, Plusle, Minun, Manectric, Raikou, Amphorus, Zapdos, Jolteon, Alolan-Golem, Raichu

Zeraora

Scrappy: In addition to the old users, Marshadow, Pichu-line (Aim for the horn!), Electivire, Medicham, Beedrill (Twin Needle used to Poison Steel types), Honedge-line, Donphan, Marowak

Zeraora

Technician: In addition to old users, maybe Stakataka, Magearna, Kartana, Vikavolt, Klinklang, Rhyperior, Magnezone, Registeel, Metagross, Banette, Golurk, Claydol, Steelix, Marowak, Alakazam

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
Also, is it possible for us to simply give a move/ability to a mon without changing the move/ability or the typing of the Pokémon in question?

Stakataka is gonna need a ghost move infusion. Some good ol Shadow Sneak will go a long way as it dominates TR teams in a meta where TR is easier than ever to set.

"Somber Ambush" doesn't really sound like a Ghost move but w/e
As for Somber Ambush, why not call it Encroach or Invasion or Fade Away or overshadow? Imho these have a nicer ring to them.
This is why you shouldn't NEVER use google translate. Anyways, i think i should be able to change it for something more fitting. I was thinking about "Shadow Strike" or something like that.

This is why you shouldn't NEVER use google translate. Anyways, i think i should be able to change it for something more fitting. I was thinking about "Shadow Strike" or something like that.
Shadow Strike is already a CAP move, which means it's coded into Showdown. Might be tricky.

Calling everything Shadow X is just the layman's ghost move.

Stun Orb is a thing yet I'm surprised with its vote count that there's little to say. Its best use is on Quick Feet mons, but I'm guessing there must be some use alongside trick (though physical sweepers are stopped better by Burn Orb.)

Well, I voted for it as I was the first to submit it, so naturally I thought it was a good idea.

Quick Feet is obviously its best use, but as I said, if you have a Guts mon that prefers longevity to reliability, its available. Especially for Flareon which can't use Flame Orb.

Better than Guts might be Marvel Scale Milotic which won't want to be losing HP every turn.

Tricking is great, though its advantage over Flame Orb is that Electric Types and Limber users can Trick it without needing Klutz in order to rmin unaffected.

You could even combine Guts/Marvel Scale/Quick Feet with Trick in order to gain the boost and then simultaneously paralyse another mon while protecting you from Knock Off.

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
I mean, have you seen all the Trick Room going around? Halving your Speed is finally benefitial (However, losing a few turns will be pretty risky)

Also Gyro Ball.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
I mean, have you seen all the Trick Room going around? Halving your Speed is finally benefitial (However, losing a few turns will be pretty risky)

Also Gyro Ball.
Bro do you even Iron Ball?
I guess stun orb would be useful on things that want to be slow but don't want to lose their ground-type immunity

S. Court

[Takes hits in Spanish]
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
Welp, it's time to create abilities to make Stun Orb functional I guess (well, for next submission round of course)

Alright, so sorry that we haven't gotten the results yet, but in the meantime there was discussiom about the name of Somber Ambush. Since the name of a move can effect distribution, Ludi and I decided that we should poll the names suggested and see if anything changes.

So, in the Somber Ambush renaming poll, you may vote for ONE of the following:

Somber Ambush
Shadow Charge
Overshadow
Eerie Invasion
Haunting Haymaker
Jumpscare
Other (please specify)

Shadow Charge

Much of why I find "Somber Ambush" a bad name is that, well, Ghost-type moves aren't associated with being "somber" by the most common definition. In fact, the early, and thus type-defining, Ghost-types in the Gastly and Mismagius lines seem pretty pleased with their un-lives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)