Tabletop Discussion

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
i'd recommend getting coup reformation if you don't have it already because I find the inquisitors to be more fun to play with
i've always been a fan of exploding kittens. no thanks is also pretty decent.

i don't know what level of tactical depth you like but you can try cribbage if you're willing to roll with some harder stuff. two player blocus and backgammon are also both pretty fun if you wanna bring a slightly bigger tote.
Yeah we have Coup Reformation, it’s great. We do have exploding kittens as well. I’ll check out no thanks though. Never heard of it. Thanks!

For two players at that size I recommend Hanamikoji: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/158600/hanamikoji

It's a fast psychological game where you and your opponent draw these gifts that each go to a specific geisha and you want to win over a majority. The catch is that most of the ways to give gifts involve "fact or fiction" type choices where you group your gifts into piles and your opponent gets to take one before leaving you with the rest. I personally always enjoy the kinds of decisions you have to make; every game feels fresh.

Hive: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2655/hive

It's a well studied chess like abstract strategy game that's been around for a long time. Basically you can either put bugs in play or move them around, trying to surround the enemy queen. You don't even need a board for it and it comes in a pocket edition. The moves are natural and interesting, the game plays pretty fast, there's a lot to love.

Radlands: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/329082/radlands

A dueling card game where both of you play off the same deck. You've each got random camps that represent your life and also have abilities you can activate, directing your strategy. You defend your camps with people and events that you draw from the shared deck, and you can even "junk" your cards for a minor effect if you don't have the resources to do everything you want. I have playmats for this which make the layout easy but without those you can easily fit this in a tote bag. Really well balanced with a great art style to boot.

I've got more but that's a good start I think.
Oh man, all 3 of these look like so much fun, already ordered Radlands and I’ll check out the others in the future. Thank you!

I just finished Cyberpunk Edgerunners today and I fell in love with the Cyberpunk world. I would really like to try out the TTRPG, but never played a TTRPG before. Is it beginner friendly? If so, which version would be the best?

I've also heard from Warhammer friends how expensive their game is, does that apply to Cyberpunk too? I am really stingy so that would not be right for me

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I just finished Cyberpunk Edgerunners today and I fell in love with the Cyberpunk world. I would really like to try out the TTRPG, but never played a TTRPG before. Is it beginner friendly? If so, which version would be the best?

I've also heard from Warhammer friends how expensive their game is, does that apply to Cyberpunk too? I am really stingy so that would not be right for me
Monster fight club's cyberpunk minis are relatively cheap compared to anything from GW, afaik you also don't need quite as much "stuff" to start playing as you do with warhammer. I don't have any experience playing cyberpunk personally, but it is far less complex from what I've heard from friends

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)