SM Ubers Team is inconsistent, Any help appreciated :)

Hi this is my go to team in ubers amd i cant seem to get any fluidity with it often being outplayed or just weak to certain pokemon and i would love to be able to make this team as balanced and overpowered as possible, I am open to changing pokemon and moves, thank you :)
Here are 2 games played with this team 1 win and 1 lost:
/Users/kyle_evans/Downloads/Gen7Ubers-2019-04-13-nrgjngjldfhiu-kyle28e.html.
/Users/kyle_evans/Downloads/Gen7Ubers-2019-04-13-kyle28e-frozite.html

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Synthesis
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake
Tangrowth is used as my physical wall, mainly countering water, electric and ground types, I find synthesis and sleep powder really useful together allowing Tangrowth to heal without taking damage, knock off used to deal damage and remove item, sludge bomb damage with a 30% chance to poison. Regenerator is a great ability healing 1/3 of health every time I switch him out which ca be a big advantage. Rocky helmet used to inflict damage to physical attackers and makes Tangrowth a great switch in.

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Mewtwonite Y
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aura Sphere
- Psystrike
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
I love mega mewtwo Y and his movepool, as he can cover his weaknesses and counter Pokemon like Mega Gengar and darkrai with aura sphere and Psystrike with its 100 base power and accuracy is Mewtwo’s signature S.T.A.B. move, ice beam for dragon and grass types and fire blast to deal with steel walls and stallers,

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 144 HP / 128 Atk / 128 Def / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Toxic
- Roar
Primal groudon is my bulky physical attacker, he has great attack stat and his ability to make water moves useless is great, he is also resistant to fairy types which I use as a switch in when against fairy users like mega gardervoir when my darkrai is out, fire punch is used for S.T.A.B. and coverage against grass and steel types, roar for any Pokemon I do not want groudon facing, toxic to weaken opposition and earthquake as a reliable counter to other primal groudons and ground types.

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 128 HP / 128 SpD / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Aeroblast
- Toxic
- Calm Mind
- Roost
My special wall, Lugia’s calm mind makes it incredibly difficult to get rid off along with its ability Multiscale which allows Lugia to take less damage when on full HP, Lugia can boost his Sp Atk and sp def making it take super effective hits like it’s nothing with leftovers recovering health to almost full HP, roost is there to use toxic and heal, by using toxic and keep roosting until the opposition faints, aeroblast is a reliable and powerful move with can end up sweeping but PP is low

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
- Hypnosis
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
Darkrai is used to set up his nasty plot, I do this buy putting the user to sleep where he will take damage from bad dreams as I use nasty plot, then sludge bomb is used for coverage and dark pulse as the S.T.A.B. move to begin sweeping, I understand this is a risky strategy as hypnosis is very unreliable. Life orb used for increased power with the consequence of taking damage after each move

Greninja-Ash @ Waterium Z
Ability: Battle Bond
Hasty Nature
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Water Shuriken
- U-turn Ash greninja is my favourite poke in this team, water shuriken is a must for me, the multiple hits to K.O focus sash and sturdy users, waterium Z for the increased power to hit more bulky targets, grass knot is a great counter for primal Kyogre which it can 2K.O, and u turn for that super effective against darkrai and greninja with safety of the switch, I understand sacrificing dark pulse might be a mistake but with darkrai I didn’t see the need for it.

in conclusion i like many pokemon in this team but i want to overpower my opponent and this does it but on a rare occasion,Thank you for taking the time to look at my team and read this, I would love any suggestions on areas to improve and even Pokemon to replace etc, thank you very much :)

Last edited:
Um so you need more detailed explanations on your items and abilities.
It will end up being locked if you don't.
Have a look at some other RMTs for examples.

For suggestions, #1 Change Darkrai out for Marshadow. Marshadow is faster, stronger, and just has a less gimmicky set. It's not 75% accuracy hypnosis, bad dreams stuff. It's a solid set that is hard hitting, and can take down threats such as Necrozma-Dusk Mane with ease. Here is a solid set that works very well

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Hidden Power [Ice]

#2 if you want a physical wall, Tangrowth is not the best place to go. Groudon is already a very solid physical wall, and if you want another one, Necrozma-Dusk Mane is a very good one. Necrozma-Dusk Mane also counters a very common threat (Xerneas) that could do a lot of damage to your team right now if allowed to set up with geomancy. Here is a nice set for it.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Solganium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Sunsteel Strike

#3 If you take the previous importable, you would want to take away the previous Z move from Ash Gren. This could be a solid speed control if you give it Scarf, or you could give it Specs to make it hit harder.

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Water Shuriken

#4 Mewtwo Y is great, I have to agree, but honestly Xerneas does a better job there. Darkrai and Mega Gengar barely show up in Ubers anyways so yeah. Xerneas running a standard Geomancy Power Herb set will power up in the first move and be able to defend and sweep after that, even being able to do damage to Necrozma-Dusk Mane with Hidden Power Fire. Here is an importable to a very solid standard Geomancy set

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 172 Def / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder
- Geomancy

#5 You don't have a rocker on your team. It isn't necessary but I would suggest taking away Roar on Groudon and replacing it with Stealth Rock

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

I enjoyed having a look at your team and I hope I helped! :D

Here is an importable to the whole new changed team!

(Oh and btw you need to have an importable to your whole team at the end of your RMT)
(You might want to edit that before it gets locked :O)

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Solganium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Sunsteel Strike

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 172 Def / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder
- Geomancy

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Water Shuriken
- U-turn

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 128 HP / 128 SpD / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Aeroblast
- Toxic
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Thank you very much for the suggestions and I have used Xerneas but seems to be countered very often, I will defiantly test Marshadow and necrozma-dusk mane, never used them before but your advice is great, thank you a lot, I will try and add a importable I’m just not sure how XD, again thanks a lot

Oh and I was just eating breakfast and I had a eureka moment. So I was thinking about your gren. And I thought, the reason you put your gren there, isn't really useful. Because in Ubers, focus sash and Sturdy mons are VERY uncommon. Also, another poke that can counter Kyogre that can fill in that spot is Mega Salamence. Mega Salamence would also fill in the mega spot that would be taken away if you chose to replace Mega Mewtwo y with Xerneas. Mega Salamence running a Dragon Dance, Roost, Double Edge, Earthquake set is amazing. It is a solid COUNTER not check to Kyogre. It is able to switch in and OHKO it every time with an unboosted Double Edge. Dragon Dance sets it up to sweep, Roost is recovery from recoil, and Earthquake is for extra coverage. I think it would make better use of the greninja spot.

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Roost
- Earthquake

Also about Xerneas, with a Geomancy setup, if you take out their Necrozma Dusk Mane before trying to sweep with Xerneas, it can easily sweep past most of the opponent's team. Necrozma Dusk Mane is the only massive threat to it. It also doubles as a Kyogre check with thunder, and has a solid Moonblast Boosted STAB. It also counters some really common threats like Marshadow and Dragon types like Mega Sal, Ultra Necrozma, and Zygarde. You should really consider adding it instead of Mewtwo. Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoy your team.

Thank you that’s very useful advice and I think I will replace Mega Mewtwo Y now you have said, I have never tried Mega Salamence and I think that it will be rather successful, thank you for taking the time to reply to my thread and further comment to help me out even more, you’ve been very kind and I’m grateful, thanks a lot I’m sure to be checking your advice a few times as I build my new team.

737373elj

Banned deucer.
Just commenting, I always use Necrozma Dusk-Mane with Solganium Z and it ALWAYS kills Xerneas when it hits it. I say ‘when it hits it’ because half the time the opponent switches and I hit like, a Mewtwo instead.

About Xerneas, I was just using it and I switched in to Zekrom when it used Bolt Strike (can it learn that move? Maybe it was Fusion Bolt) and it OHKOed my Xerneas. Yeah, Xerneas is not the all-dragon counter.

737373elj

Banned deucer.
I was just looking at your team, and I think you should upgrade your Tangrowth, Knock Off isn’t there anymore...

Only thing I have to say is, keep in mind when facing Gengar with your Mewtwo, Aura Sphere actually deals no damage to it cause of its immunity to fighting and normal. Actually, I think replacing Fire Blast to Shadow Ball is better, you have Groudon for that Fire-type coverage, and in return you can get a Ghost-type attack to hit other ghosts like Gengar more reliably. It’s your opinion if you want to change, don’t have to follow me :) .

um 7373732lj #1 Gengar is very uncommon/easily beaten #2 I agree with the Necrozma Dusk-Mane XD I use Solganium Z too :D
#3 Yes Dragons can KO xerneas with other moves but those are physical moves. Xerneas is a special wall. #4 No one uses zekrom in ubers anyways

abriel gabram Those are some beautiful suggestions, and I agree with all of them! The only one I disagree with is the Focus Blast change on Xerneas XD. I was about to say the Necrozma one, but that is actually a pretty good idea. :D The only reason I usually run Z-Moves on it is because when it comes down to one mon standing, its almost always Necrozma, so I often end up having to finish a game a Z-Move. And you saw a bunch of things that I missed :o Like precipice blades, and calm mind XD

Playing without the most used or important attack is a crime (Stealth Rock) can not be dispensed with as it is very useful when it comes to pressing the opponent.

Well, I suppose they have already told you about it but I hope you have it in mind. In any case it is in PDon your user of rocks. For my part I will put a set that can come well with the style of the team. Which by the way, is not bad at all.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 144 HP / 156 Atk / 56 SpD / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades / Earthquake
- Rock Tomb / Fire Punch

with this set you press the double overcoat in defensive forms of Ceus. This way you can aggressively try to keep the rocks in a rival field or eliminate a threat. I consider leaving PBlades but if you are like me and you have bad luck try EQ lmao.

Why Growth? Do I really rent it in ubers? I think that it is not viable at all and as much as it recovers life thanks to Regenerator I do not think it will hold much. On top of that there is a lot of Yveltal / Ho-Oh that at first glance is somewhat weak to them although they can be controlled. Well, here I suggest two more changes to cover a bit of these Mons.
First of all, Magearna by Growth I see it necessary and you also cover Xerneas, which is another important threat. The other would be Waterceus by Greninja. Seeing the team above I think it would be a good change since you have another answer for Ho-Oh which is a bit annoying. Next I put both sets. I hope you serve.

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heart Swap
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split / Heal Bell

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Toxic

This way it shows a little more solid. This is all at this point but there are few details left.

the next step seeing that you do not have a user with Defog qud I think is always important especially if you play ubers. You can appreciate two things. For example, one of them would be to change the Lugia set and do it with Defog. The other option is to change to Giratina-o and thus earn something for Arceus ekiller or the PDon itself. In any case, it is according to your preference. Below I leave the set with Giratina-or the only counter is that as a recovery method has Rest. If you want to innovate try that and Heal Bell with Magearna.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Hex
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder Wave / WoW / Rest

OK, we've already reached the final part and I think it's longer than I thought. Well, here as before I thought of two other changes to finish. One would be Yveltal by Darkrai and the one left by MMewtwo and by Ultra Necro. This part can be more delicate because it would remove the gap of the mega and NPlot Darkrai are your most dangerous mons. The reason is simple, one to continue covering spam Ghost and Dark but above all the first Lunala is always a threat to take into account. It is mandatory The last change would be to dispense with the power of your mega and result in Ultra Necro. Why? basically for Xern although you have PDon and Gearna. And because you need things that hit hard and if it's better first. Apart from wearing Z obviously. I recommend taking Knock Off to Lunala among others, it's all a matter of trying. Here your sets.

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Foul Play
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn

Necrozma-Dusk Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake / Knock Off
- Sunsteel Strike

nothing more to add. I just hope you do well if you decide to try and a pleasure to help.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)