Tournament The Anything Goes Open [Round 3]

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Welcome to the Anything Goes Open!
Previous Round

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • OM Grand Slam III information can be found here.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the Anything Goes ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown, and can be found here.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • Replays must be posted alongside the result.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts; get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
  • See the next couple posts about decisions and additional rules

Round 3 Bracket (updated with results)
Deadline: Sunday 01/14 11:59pm EST (UTC -5)

If you feel there are any errors, post here or on my wall asap.

Thank you to h_n_g_m_n for contributing the artwork for this tournament!

Last edited by a moderator:

E4 Flint

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Extensions
If results are not posted by the deadline, a coinflip will be done
1 Day:
Deadline: Monday 01/08 11:59pm EST (UTC -5)
DBW vs LordST (internet went out, agreed to play on Monday, 1/8)
ScarfWynaut vs Bluxio (replays were not found, provide them by the deadline)
Tohru and the Adachi vs Satanic Beast (did not officially post for an extension)

2 Day: (Requested via Thread)
Deadline: Tuesday 01/09 11:59pm EST (UTC -5)
Catalystic vs Level 51
TylerWithNumbers vs Squawkerz

(Full list of decisions can be found in the OP of the previous round here)

Last edited:

E4 Flint

Important Note on Posting Etiquette

There have been many cases where replays and other information were not posted either partially or completely in the thread. Make sure to do it for this round i.e.
  • Activity: Post in this thread with proof of contact or discussion either via screenshot or links to the posts
  • Concession: If your opponent gives you the win, post here saying so, again with screenshot or links to proof
  • Extensions: Post an official request for an extension here with proof as mentioned above of attempts to schedule, and confirmation that both sides accepted an extension
  • Replays: Post any and all replays in your result post. If you had to play 3 games, post all of them, not just the wins
Failure to do any of the above by the designated deadline will lead to us deciding the result via coinflip as per our discretion.

For the last round, we went and looked for the replays and results ourselves since this was not explicitly mentioned. However, there is no excuse this time. Please make sure to follow the rules to make things smoother for everyone.

Thanks

Predicts:
Laxpras vs. Alpha Rabbit laxpras is good at everything
jagonite vs. bdov picking against yourself means you already lost.
GRNBLN vs. lost heros he's pretty good, and an ag driver. he'll take this
Hassin627 vs. terrors dont know these two but terrors will do what terrors does best TERRORIZE
(DBW vs LordST) vs. Quantum Tesseract DBW pulls off the upset on QT in 3
Megazard vs. lax Zard shouldnt lose this, after all, pikachu cant do anything in ag.
cromagnet42 vs. lotiasite HL matchup: cro i feel will have the better prep and will take this one in a close 3
roman vs. MamoJustWins roman seems like the better ag player
MMagma vs. Uselesscrab whats worse than a uselessscrab? Magma? pls.
Serene's Grace vs. Hamhamhamham hard to flinch a raging piece of ham.
MAMP vs. Anish dont know these two
Highlord vs. Pigeons HL matchup: Pigeons is the goat, but highlord could be a good opponent.
mael vs. Racool She seems pretty cool.
Isotonex vs. Mysterious M HL matchup: FARDIN FARDIN FARDIN GOAT.
(Catalystic vs Level 51) vs. Big words scare me Cat is the better player imo
EternalSnowman vs. 21pichus Esm gets haxed again as arushii gets the luck she always seems to get.
YoloMoboJobo vs. (Tohru and the Adachi vs Satanic Beast) Fluffie is good
Loloartsi vs. dogknees idk about u, but i wouldnt want to go head to head with a dog that has knees.
Holy Break vs. zugubu royale good matchup
WhiteLion vs. OminousDraco he plays ubers, and idk his oppo
(TylerWithNumbers vs Squawkerz) vs. insaneguy1083 Tyler only needs one number to win this one, but his name implies multiple ?_?
DurzaOffTopic vs. (ScarfWynaut vs Bluxio) Thick headed durza takes another win from people feeling bad for the poor boy.
double switches vs. SaDiSTiCNarwhal what did u get for christmas? i doubt u got two switches, although someone did get a sadistic narwhal rip chlosers
DoW vs. parivard DoW has more experience in the tier, he'll take it vs pari

Also contacted

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Laxpras vs. Alpha Rabbit -Laxpras or Laxgoat? Doesn't matter anyway. Regardless, the rabbit is likely to be beaten.
jagonite vs. bdov - With awesome teambuilding powers, I believe bdov has this!
GRNBLN vs. lost heros - GRNBLN actually plays AG
Hassin627 vs. terrors -Rolled a dice for this one. Sorry terrors.
(DBW vs LordST) vs. Quantum Tesseract - Quantum Tesseract overall is a good player. He is also someone who actually plays AG
Megazard vs. lax - AGTL ftw
cromagnet42 vs. lotiasite - I think cromagnet can do this!
roman vs. MamoJustWins - This is just a guess...
MMagma vs. Uselesscrab - idk MMagma, but I know Uselesscrab, and he's not really a bad player, so I'll root for Uselesscrab here!
Serene's Grace vs. Hamhamhamham - Another guess
MAMP vs. Anish - With the right teams, Mamp becomes a goat.
Highlord vs. Pigeons - Pigeons is one of the best AG players at the moment. If this was a Mix and Mega tournament, my prediction would flip the other way around for a similar reason.
mael vs. Racool - What I said for Mamp also replies to Racool.
Isotonex vs. Mysterious M - Fardin overall does really well in Anything Goes. Certainly one of the best and there is no doubting that.
(Catalystic vs Level 51) vs. Big words scare me - Pretty much what I said for Pigeons and GRNBLN combined.
EternalSnowman vs. 21pichus - Arushii got this!
YoloMoboJobo vs. (Tohru and the Adachi vs Satanic Beast) - FluffieMareep is underrated
Loloartsi vs. dogknees - dogknees is equipped with highly armed teams and is ready to fight!
Holy Break vs. zugubu royale - idk
WhiteLion vs. OminousDraco - I rolled a dice for this one
(TylerWithNumbers vs Squawkerz) vs. insaneguy1083 - Tyler has been consistently getting better lately, especially with the use of higher quality teams. That alone might just give them the win for this round.
DurzaOffTopic vs. (ScarfWynaut vs Bluxio) - Might be a bit of a stretch against ScarfWynaut, but I have a feeling Durza just miiiiight make it
double switches vs. SaDiSTiCNarwhal - ??? maybe?
DoW vs. parivard - I believe DoW has this easy :)

cromagnet

I pledge allegiance to the grind
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Contacted

Laxpras vs. Alpha Rabbit - undefeated in OMPL
jagonite vs. bdov - Innovative player,more experienced in the current meta
GRNBLN vs. lost heros - I haven't seen much of lost heros, but GRN is a very solid player
Hassin627 vs. terrors - don't know either of them but terrors seems rather solid based on performance thus far
(DBW vs LordST) vs. Quantum Tesseract - kinda a guess, haven't seen any of the three battle in a long time
Megazard vs. lax - gotta support the boss
cromagnet42 vs. lotiasite - as Pigeons says: If you predict against yourself, you win either way
roman vs. MamoJustWins - roman is the more solid player from what i've seen
MMagma vs. Uselesscrab - kinda a guess as well
Serene's Grace vs. Hamhamhamham - third guess
MAMP vs. Anish - fourth guess
Highlord vs. Pigeons - Pigeons is one of the most solid players rn, bringing back that F6
mael vs. Racool - better in the current meta and a good OM player
Isotonex vs. Mysterious M - Fardin is one of the best players around rn, should pull through
(Catalystic vs Level 51) vs. Big words scare me - cata certainly has two good matchups coming up, big words scare me is good in ubers so there may be potential for an upset, either way, i do not expect this to be easy
EternalSnowman vs. 21pichus - Arushii can pull through with this one as long as she brings CAP mons :]
YoloMoboJobo vs. (Tohru and the Adachi vs Satanic Beast) - Fluffie imo can take this especially since he's the only name i recognize
Loloartsi vs. dogknees - Dogknees is a better than i thought coming in to this tour, so i expect him to win here
Holy Break vs. zugubu royale - better player and more experienced in the meta although zugubu can certainly pull an upset here
WhiteLion vs. OminousDraco - guess based on bdov and ransei's predicts
(TylerWithNumbers vs Squawkerz) vs. insaneguy1083 - Tyler has been getting better, he can pull this off
DurzaOffTopic vs. (ScarfWynaut vs Bluxio) - Durza can pull it off as long as he uses teams he's familiar with
double switches vs. SaDiSTiCNarwhal - more of less of a guess again
DoW vs. parivard - DoW is the better player imo and more experienced, plus he beat hunterstorm in fall ssnl

Last edited:

E4 Flint

Extensions
If results are not posted by the deadline, a coinflip will be done
1 Day:
Deadline: Monday 01/08 11:59pm EST (UTC -5)
DBW vs LordST (activity)
ScarfWynaut vs Bluxio (proof provided)
Tohru and the Adachi vs Satanic Beast(coinflip)
Updated the OP with results from the 1 day extension and other results since. You can contact your new opponents now where applicable.
DBW Tohru and the Adachi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)