Walrus The BrainpanCydonia Cross-Server Walrus - Won by Lebossle

8th Place
Submitted by Walrein
Score: 6.6

Flathead by The Fratellis

This has a swingy kind of drive to it. The lyrics are bouncy, too, but it took me a couple of plays for me to actually pay attention to what was being sung. I dig it enough to go back and relisten to what I had previously glazed over. It’s something I’d add to my Pandora, but probably not something I would binge on repeat.

Last edited:
4th Place
Submitted by Lord Gaius
Score: 8.2

DNA by Kendrick Lamar

The rhythm and the rhymes have me grooving. I like how confident the lyrics are. But this was hard to listen to the first few times around. It’d get to the part where all the voices are overlapping, breaking my concentration, and then the repetitive shouting in the backing would keep me from resuming my focus on the lyrics. The part I was able to enjoy stuck with me, but being shaken out of the groove like that was discouraging. Wanting to enjoy it as a whole, I kept trying and trying until I finally reached a point where I could focus on the second half and enjoy the song in its entirety. I’m so glad I stuck it out.

Last edited:
3rd Place
Submitted by Lebossle
Score: 8.4

I Love it by Icona Pop ft. Charli XCX

I forgot which company uses this song for their ads, but recently and often I’ve heard bits of this on TV. Listening to this song in its entirety, it’s obvious that getting chopped up and packaged for commercials does NOT do it any justice. Sweet, edgy, bouncy, ooh yeah. It’s got me chairdancing and hitting repeat for the hell of it.

Last edited:
1st Place
Submitted by LightWolf
Score: 9.6

Max Power by Dr. Love ft. D.Essex

This seems like a song that would get shortlisted for use in a DDR or Just Dance game because of its appeal. It’s got a good, encouraging energy to it. Definitely something to dance to until you wear yourself out. I wouldn’t mind listening to this on repeat for hours at a time, and subsequent repeats have made it more appealing to me. I’d find myself coming back to this one when I should have been listening to other songs that still needed to be judged, so it’s definitely got an iron grip on me. Easy to listen to, hard to pull myself away from. I’m addicted to this song.

Last edited:

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Carried Away is an interesting choice for pump you up bc lyrically it doesn't really fit (watch the music video) but I Love It is SUCH a good sub for this omg how did I forget that song

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Carried Away is an interesting choice for pump you up bc lyrically it doesn't really fit (watch the music video) but I Love It is SUCH a good sub for this omg how did I forget that song
Hey the lyrics don't match but I've always associated it with good feelings as it just sounds so upbeat

22nd Place
Submitted by Earlio
Score: 2.6

Young Folks by James Blunt (originally by Peter Bjorn and John)

I... vaguely know who James Blunt is. (Protip: if I ever say I vaguely know/remember something, either I don’t know it at all or I’ve forgotten damn near everything about it.) Peter Bjorn and John I’m a little more familiar with. This cover has about as much impact on me as James Blunt has on my memory.

Last edited:
20st Place
Submitted by mendelde
Score: 4.9

Mighty Quinn (Quinn the Eskimo) by Manfred Mann (originally by Bob Dylan)

Cry foul if you want, but the original recording is found in Bob Dylan’s Basement Tapes sessions. This, however, is what I (and pretty much everyone else) is used to. And it’s good. But I’m pretty damn picky about live performance audio quality (bit of an understatement). I like this song, but I prefer the album version.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)