The Heart of the Cards - Gen 7 Edition (Slate #9: Blissey, Claydol, Ampharos (Submission Phase))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully, this isn't dead.

Torkoal Move: Origin0, Exploudit
Raichu Move: Arno64, Reviloja753, Origin0
Raichu Ability: Origin0, PikaXtreme
Clefable Move: Gravity Monkey, Origin0, Arno64

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Torkoal (Move): Origin0, Explodit
Raichu (Move): Reviloja753, Origin0, Arno64
Raichu (Ability): PikaXtreme, Origin0
Clefable (Move): Origin0, Arno64, Gravity Monkey

Now seems like a good time to wrap up voting!

Winners(Click on the names of the winners for their post):
Points were based on the following scale:
IF:
1. (Worth 3)
2. (Worth 2)
3. (Worth 1)

IF:
1. (Worth 2)
2. (Worth 1)

IF
1. (Worth 1)

TORKOAL MOVE: Hot Air by Origin0
Exploudit - 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 5
Origin0: 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 7

TORKOAL ABILITY: Hot Snort by Exploudit
Exploudit - 0 = 0

RAICHU MOVE: Power Short by Reviloja753
Reviloja753 - 3 + 1 + 2 + 3 = 9
Origin0 - 2 + 3 + 1 + 2 = 8
Arno64 - 1 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 7

RAICHU ABILITY: Voltage Increase by Pika Xtreme
Pika Xtreme - 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 7
Origin0 - 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 5

CLEFABLE MOVE: Fairy Power by Gravity Monkey
Gravity Monkey - 3 + 3 + 3 + 1 = 10
Origin0 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 = 9
Arno64 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 5

CLEFABLE ABILITY: Moon Guidance by Origin0
Origin0 - 0 = 0

Congrats to Origin0, Exploudit, Reviloja753, Pika Xreme, and Gravity Monkey for winning!

Might switch to just picking the slates soo, but for now the first 3 of you that suggest a Pokemon for the slate get that Pokemon into the next slate! If less than 3 suggest a mon by tomorrow around this time, then I'll fill in the rest.

Hall of Fame:
Exploudit moves to
rank with 6 wins! (And Pika Xtreme has 2, I forgot to update HOF after tiebreaker)

Last edited:
Well that was fast

Slate #5:
First up, we have the Popular Pixie Power Eeveelution, suggested by Reviloja753, it's SYLVEON:

(moves and abilities can only come from Eevee or Sylveon cards)
Next, we have what I think to be an underrated fossil Pokemon and also some underwater plant thing, suggested by Gravity Monkey, CRADILY:

Finally, we have one of the most popular Pokemon from Generation 3 and a quite noble Pokemon, suggested by Origin0, it's GARDEVOIR:

(no abilities or moves from Gallade allowed, that will be for when Gallade gets its own slate)

Deadline: Tuesday, December 18th, 2017

In other news, to avoid another long hiatus, I'm open to formig a council! Just PM me if you're interested.​

Pokémon: Sylveon
Ability Name: Energy Evolution
Appearance In The TCG: Furious Fists 80 (Eevee)
Effect: This Pokémon has 1.5x Defense and Special Defense.
Ability Replaced: N/A
Design Rationale: Sylveon is the most similar eeveelution to Eevee. Since it doesn’t change as drastically as its siblings, the energy goes into its soul or energy. Since Eevee is the evolution Pokémon, I think the flavor checks out. In terms of competitive use, Sylveon has the distinct honor of having a baked-in Eviolite and still will be able to hold another item. This patches up its otherwise bad physical bulk. Due to this, Sylveon becomes a better defensive Pokémon and the best cleric in the game.

Pokemon: Sylveon
Move Name: Dress Up
Appearance In The TCG: Generations RC21
Power Points: 16
Accuracy: —
Elemental Type: Fairy
Damage Category: Status
Effect: Raises the user’s speed by two stages and special attack by one stage. Lowers the user’s Special Defense by one stage. If the foe is of the opposite gender, they have a 25% of being infatuated.
Z-Effect: +1 Defense
Target: User
Special Properties: Effected by Snatch.
Design Rationale: I made this mostly because I wanted to give Sylveon a way to have an actual speed stat. However, it has more to it than just mindless set up. It has a downside of lowering SpDef, meaning Calm Mind is still viable. However, it actually works with both Pixilate and Energy Evolution in terms of use. The former should be obvious. The latter counteracts the downside of this move for the first time you use it. You also could run Z-Dress Up to Boost Defense one time, maintaining more bulk. You also could use Dress Up as a way to more easily WishPass or benefit from Wish itself when running Protect while becoming less passive. Overall, Dress Up is very versatile and useful, but also has a downside. It really gives Sylveon a niche in OU, even if only given Pixilate, due to how good of a setup move it is. In terms of flavor, dressing up in Sylveon’s case would likely be a sort of tea party OR a way to attract mates with cute/hot outfits.

Last edited:
Been a while since I've done anything involving this... =]

Move Name: Chill Wind
Appearance In The TCG: Poncho-Wearing Eevee, SM-P #143 (Sun-Moon Promotional Cards)
Base Power: 50
Power Points: 10-16
Accuracy: 95%
Elemental Type: Normal
Damage Category: Special
Effect: 50% chance to put the target to sleep.
Z-Effect: Breakneck Blitz, 110 BP
Target: All adjacent Pokémon.
Makes Contact: No
Special Properties: Sound-based move
Design Rationale: This is a very potent move that has potential to give Sylveon a free turn to set up. While it can only put an opponent to sleep once, that once is sometimes all you need. The fact that it comes from an Eevee card means it can be Normal-type, too, which gives it another bonus courtesy of Pixilate. =]
Ability Name: Dress-Up
Appearance In The TCG: Dress-Up (Move), Sylveon-EX, Generations #RC21
Effect: This Pokémon's held items have double their normal positive effect where applicable.
Design Rationale: Look, it's got to be pretty insane to compete with Pixilate, and this is a seriously powerful ability. 60% extra damage from Life Orb. 1/8th recovery per turn from Lefties. +100% stat boosts from Choice items. The list, it doth go on. Hell, even Weakness Policy can be worth the risk. Also, y'know, there's the delicious prospect of being reason enough to ban Recycle on this 'mon, which is kinda wild when you think about it. =]
Move Name: Time Spiral
Appearance In The TCG: Lileep, EX Sandstorm #42
Power Points: 15-24
Accuracy: 100%
Elemental Type: Grass
Effect: This move does double damage against fully evolved Pokémon
Z-Effect: Bloom Doom, 120 BP
Target: Single adjacent enemy
Special Properties: --
Design Rationale: In the TCG, it's a status move that essentially devolves opposing Pokémon. That's not a thing in the video games, so I reworked it into an eminently spammable bit of Grass STAB that can really help it in battle, since that effect is pretty much always going to proc. Now, if only there was some way to boost its damage further...
Ability Name: Primal Sway
Appearance In The TCG: Cradily EX, EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua #90
Effect: This Pokémon's attacks deal 50% additional damage to fully evolved Pokémon, but deal 50% less damage to Pokémon that are not fully evolved.
Design Rationale: This ability is an extremely powerful one that has incredible utility as a damage source in the heavy combat-centric meta of competitive Pokémon battling. The ability on the card means you can't evolve a Pokémon while Cradily is active; while this might be a hard counter to mega evolution, I elected to play up the time-warping aspect of this reanimated fossil. The ability is designed to synergize with Time Spiral, a very daunting prospect given how spammable that move is, as well as try and make the most of its distinctly average statline. =]
Move Name: Black Metal
Appearance In The TCG: Black Magic, Gardevoir δ, EX Delta Species #6
Base Power: 25
Accuracy: 90%
Elemental Type: Ghost
Effect: This move gains an additional 25 BP for each surviving Pokémon in your opponent's party other than the target.
Z-Effect: Neverending Nightmare, 150 BP
Target: Single enemy
Special Properties: Sound-based
Design Rationale: Essentially an inverse Beat Up, this move gives Gardevoir some type coverage and a heaping helping of hurt against a variety of unpleasantnesses. Ghost hits a lot of stuff neutrally, including Steel, and it can be an excellent opener against an unpleasant-looking assailant after you Mega Evolve. =]
Ability Name: Psycho Storm
Appearance In The TCG: Psystorm (Move), Gardevoir ex, EX Sandstorm #96
Effect: Upon entering the field, this Pokémon deals Psychic-type damage equal to its level to all other Pokémon on the field.
Ability Replaced: Trace
Design Rationale: While Trace is a very useful ability - as indeed most of Gardevoir's abilities are - Mega Gardevoir is just a much stronger Pokémon than the base forme, and as such you'll not be getting any utility out of an ability you copy. With Psycho Storm, however, you can do a little extra chip damage that can help to get that key revenge kill or let you Mega Evolve without fear.

Move Name: Curly Ribbon
Appearance In The TCG: Furious Fists
Base Power: 30
Power Points: 30
Accuracy: 90%
Damage Category:

Effect: Can hit from 2-5 times
Z-Effect: Twinkle Tackle: BP 100
Target: Single Adjacent Enemy
Makes Contact: Yes
Special Properties: -
Design Rationale: Since there is only 1 physical fairy move I decided to make another physical move for the fairy type. And it is pretty obvious that Sylveon will get this move since it is the only mon with ribbons on the design.

No ability for Sylveon

Move Name: Eerie Light
Appearance In The TCG: EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua
Base Power: -
Power Points: 20
Accuracy: 75%
Elemental Type: Darkness
Damage Category:

Effect: Lowest target accuracy by 1 and confuses the target.
Z-Effect: Black Hole Eclipse: Raises Defense by +1
Design Rationale: This is a very good move to use. it just a better version of Confuse Ray but with less accuracy More PP and 1 additional effect

Ability Name: Primal Vibes
Appearance In The TCG: EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua
Effect: Prevents Switching out for 5 turns while doing 3% damage each turn.
Ability Replaced: -
Design Rationale: Not as good of an ability as Arena Trap but it's still very good while the opposing Pokemon has vibes with this mon that's why it can be switched out for 5 turns And while the opposing Pokemon wants to feel vibes with this mon it instead attacks the mon doing 3% damage.

Move Name: Psychic Protection
Appearance In The TCG: Platinum
Base Power: 60
Power Points: 10
Elemental Type: Psychic
Damage Category:

Effect: It attacks the opposing mon and then allows the users Pokemon to have no Weaknesses
Z-Effect: Shattered Psyche: Raises SpA y +1
Design Rationale: This move it a monster move. I decided to take the description of the card and make it onto here in the real CB on Pokemon.

No ability (again)

Last edited:

Move Name: Fairy Surprise
Appearance In The TCG: Eevee, Dark Explorers 83
Base Power: 60
Power Points: 10 (max 16)
Accuracy: 100
Elemental Type:

Damage Category:

Effect: 50% chance to lower the target's Attack by 1 stage
Z-Effect: Twinkle Tackle, 160 BP
Target: Selected Target
Special Properties: +2 priority, only works on the first turn the user is in battle
Design Rationale: A decently strong priority move is very useful for a slow Pokemon like Sylveon, plus it greatly benefits from the chance to lower the target's Attack because of Sylveon's lower physical bulk.

Ability Name: Magical Ribbons
Appearance In The TCG: Sylveon GX, Guardians Rising 92
Effect: This Pokemon takes 25% less damage from super effective attacks and does 25% more damage with super effective attacks.
Design Rationale: In exchange for losing Pixilate, Magical Ribbons Sylveon can now do more damage with super effective attacks including coverage moves like Psyshock and HP-Fire. Sylveon also survives better from occasional Flash Cannons and Poison Jabs.

Move Name: Poison Ring
Appearance In The TCG: Cradily, EX Power Keepers 7
Power Points: 10 (max 16)
Accuracy: 90
Elemental Type:

Damage Category:

Effect: 100% chance to badly poison the target, prevents the target from switching out on the next turn
Z-Effect: Acid Downpour, 100 BP
Special Properties: N/A
Design Rationale: Effectively a better version of Toxic that does some chip damage and can't be stopped by Taunt or Magic Bounce/Coat. Also can help trapping opponents while Cradily can then switch to a better-suited teammate.

Ability Name: Acidic Poison
Appearance In The TCG: Cradily ex, EX Team Magma VS Team Aqua 90
Effect: This Pokemon's Poison-type attacks can damage and poison Steel-type Pokemon.
Design Rationale: Cradily's offensive stats aren't the best, so it sometimes has trouble making a mark on bulky Steel-types which often threaten it with their STAB moves. Acidic Poison allows Cradily to at least poison them before switching out (this ability goes really well with the move above).

Move Name: Luminous Blade
Appearance In The TCG: Gardevoir EX, Steam Siege 111
Base Power: 90
Power Points: 15 (max 24)
Elemental Type:

Damage Category:

Effect: High critical hit ratio, has a 20% chance to lower the target's Defense by 1 stage
Z-Effect: Twinkle Tackle, 175 BP
Special Properties: Deals damage based on the target's Defense
Design Rationale: An alternative Fairy-type STAB that hits on the target's physical side is nice for hitting Dark-types with higher special bulk or Assault Vests, like Alolan Muk, Houndoom, and Umbreon. It also has a chance to lower their Defense to potentially force them out.

Ability Name: Life Leap
Appearance In The TCG: Gardevoir EX, Primal Clash 155
Effect: This Pokemon's direct attacks heal it for 33% of the damage done to the target. This ability is ignored if the Pokemon uses an HP-draining move.
Ability Replaced: Telepathy
Design Rationale: Life Leap will help Gardevoir stay healthy throughout the battle, making its powerful STAB attacks draining moves. Could be especially useful if used with Choice Specs or a few Calm Mind boosts.

Last edited:
Missed the slate choosing thing :( it when up at midnight my time...

Move Name: Mind Schock
Appearance In The TCG: BW - Next Destinies
Base Power: 90
Effect: Ignores Weaknesses and Resistances
Z-Move: Shattered Psyche (BP 175)
Target: Single Opponent
Design Rationale: Pretty loyal to the card, I did boost the power a bit, as 60 was rather low.
Competitive Corner: Makes Mega Gardevoir able to break through Stell-types with much more ease.
Ability Name: Psychic Mirage
Appearance In The TCG: BW - Next Destinies
Effect: Gives the user a Psychic-type Flash Fire boost upon switch in.
Replaces: Synchronize
Design Rationale: Doubling the power would be a bit too much, so a 1.5x modifier is just enough!
Competitive Corner: Gives it a niche alongside Tapu Lele as a stronger Psychic-type, however the boost goes away after Mega Evolving and switching out, so that neither outclasses the other.

Last edited:
Move Name: Eternal Radiance
Appearance In The TCG: Gardevoir Black and White Legendary Treasures
Base Power: /
Power Points: 5 PP
Effect: The user moves all damage that it has taken to the opponent, the user can't use Eternal Radiance for the next 2 turns.
Z-Effect: All of the users lowered stats are reset.
Target: Single Target
Design Rationale: I don't know....it's just cool.]

Ability Name: Teleportation
Appearance In The TCG: Gardevoir Diamond and Pearl Secret Wonders 131
Effect: Once during your turn before you attack you may activate this ability to switch Gardevoir with one of your party Pokémon (that one can still attack). This can't be used if Gardevoir has a status condition.
Ability Replaced: Telepathy
Design Rationale: I wish the move Teleport did this so it could be usefull, but this is a good replacement.

Move Name: Drain Down
Appearance In The TCG: Cradily Legends Awakened 21
Base Power: 30
Power Points: 10 PP
Elemental Type: Grass
Effect: Before doing damage, you may switch the defending Pokémon with one of your opponents Pokémon, this attack does damage to the new defending Pokémon, if the defending Pokémon was knocked out by this move, Cradily will receive all of its HP back.
Z-Effect: Bloom Doom 100 BP
Design Rationale: Hey i guess its kinda like Fell Stinger. I think its a cool move though.

Ability Name: Harsh Fluid
Appearance In The TCG: Cradily EX Holon Phantoms 40
Effect: At the end of every turn, Cradily does 20 damage to the opponent. Happens after Poison/Burn effects.
Design Rationale: If Cradily's attack just missed the kill then boom Harsh Fluid.

Move Name: Dirty Water?
Appearance In The TCG: Poncho-Wearing Eevee SM-P Promotional Cards
Base Power: 10 BP
Power Points: 20 PP
Elemental Type: Normal
Effect: This has 10 BP but there is a 50% chance that the dirty water will attack the opponents party Pokémon too.
Z-Effect: BreakNeck Blitz 100 BP
Special Properties: Even though this isn't a Water Type attack, it doesn't work in Desolate Land, gets weakened in the sun and is stronger while its raining.
Design Rationale: Eevee wearing a Vaporeon poncho is just too cute i just wanted to make it because of that. Sylveon should wear a Vaporeon poncho when using this move!

Ability Name: Magical Ribbon
Appearance In The TCG: Sylveon GX Sun Moon Guardians Rising
Effect: Sylveon searches your bag for 3 battle items for it to use. You can only do this once per battle and it does not throw away said items.
Design Rationale: A lot of people (including me) don't use battle items like X Attack, so by using this maybe we can see the light of the Battle Items that are not only the Adrenaline Orb.

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
Here I go!

Move Name: Curly Ribbon
Appearance In The TCG: Furious Fist #32
Base Power: 70 BP
Power Points: 5 PP (8 max)
Accuracy: 90
Effect: Cuts 4 PP of the last move used by the opponent
Z-Effect: Twinkle Tackle (140 BP)
Target: Opponent
Design Rationale: This move is there more to be used with the ability I created, but still could be really usefull to shut down some opponents sweepers. I think removing PP was the best way to represent the loss of an energy in TCG.

Ability Name: Dress Up
Appearance In The TCG: Generations #21 (of the Radiant Collection)
Effect: As long as the user have an item equipped, every moves with 70 BP or less see their base power doubled.
Design Rationale: Sylveon didn't have any abilities in the TCG, so I had to base it on a move. Since Dress Up was linked to items and to "doubling power", I thought that doing some kind of a Technician clone could be relevant. It might seem overpowered, but Sylveon with this ability would become extremly linked to their item, and some kind of weak to Knock Off. But still, it would be an insane ability coupled with Curly Ribbon.

Move Name: Lure Poison
Appearance In The TCG: EX Sandstorm #3
Base Power: -
Power Points: 5 PP (8 max)
Accuracy: -
Elemental Type: Poison
Effect: The opponent switches out. The new pokemon on the field gets toxified
Z-Effect: Raises Cradily's special defense by one stage
Special Properties: -6 Priority
Design Rationale: I think I don't need to elaborate on the link with the card. This phazing move would help Cradily to become more efficient as an utillity pokemon. It can also prevents opponents wincon to enter the terrain or even have a way to gets Cradily matchups away.

Ability Name: Primal Vibes
Appearance In The TCG: EX Team Aqua vs. Team Magma #90
Effect: While Cradily is on the field, opposing pokemons can't boost their stats.
Design Rationale: Preventing from evolving in TCG kinda means preventing from boosting. This ability would make our good ol' Cradily an interesting wall who could prevents opponents to set up.

Move Name: Psychic Lock
Appearance In The TCG: DP Secret Wonders #7
Base Power: 60 BP
Power Points: 15 PP (24 max)
Effect: Nulifies the target's ability
Z-Effect: Shattered Psyche (120 BP)
Design Rationale: In a meta where a lot of pokemon gets new OP abilities, a move of that kind, even with low BP, would be really useful. It could be run as a main stab or more like an utility move. I think that this move would make Gardevoir more polyvalent and lot less predictable, a boost it would need to go in the upper ranks.

Ability Name: Psychic Mirage
Appearance In The TCG: Next Destinies #57
Effect: As long as the user is on the field, every psychic pokemon gets their stat boosts doubled.
Ability Replaced: Telepathy, because Psychic Mirage would be a more interesting ability to use in duo, and because it,s pretty useless in solo.
Design Rationale: More energies mean faster set-up in TCG, so that's basically what is this ability. This Simple clone would make Gardevoir far more relevent to use with Calm Mind sets. Also, I think it could be interesting to see how someone would use mega-evolution later in a battle to use a past ability.

Last edited:

Move Name: Infinite Force
Appearance in the TCG: Sun and Moon – Burning Shadows
Base Power: 25
Power Points: 30 (48)
Effect: No added effect
Z-Effect: Twinkle Tackle (100 BP)
Special Properties: Multi hit move

Voting time once again!

Blaziken - Attack:
1. This dude (gets 3 points)
2. Yoshiblaze (gets 2 points)
3. This other dude (gets 1 point)

Submissions with the most points win!

Voting List:

Sylveon -

Cradily -

Gardevoir -

Voting will end Thursday or Friday

Side note: How did I forget that Gardevoir is a TCG powerhouse? That would've been much better for the tagline thing I do for each new slate.

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
Sylveon (Move): Origin0, Gravity Monkey, Reviloja753
(Ability): Colorcodedchaos, Gravity Monkey, Reviloja753
Cradily (Move): Arno64, Gravity Monkey, Origin0
(Ability): Cofaiclus, Arno64, Gravity Monkey
Gardevoir (Move): Arno64, Gravity Monkey, Exploudit
(Ability): Origin0, Gravity Monkey, Exploudit

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
Can I vote for myself?
Your answer

EDIT 12/11/17:
I just realizedthat I changed this so:
"People are allowed to vote for ONE (1) MOVE and ONE (1) ABILITY unless otherwise explicitly stated, and are not allowed to vote for themselves unless otherwise explicitly stated either" - This was changed to a points system where you can vote for up to 3 subs and you can vote for yourself, but not as first place. If you vote for 3 subs, 1st gets 3 points, 2nd gets 2, and 3rd gets 1. If you vote for 2 subs, 1st gets 2 points and 2nd gets 1. And if you vote for 1, they get 1 point.

Sylveon - Attack:
1. Reviloja753
2. Gravity Monkey
3. Origin0

Sylveon - Ability:
1. Gravity Monkey
2. Reviloja753
3. colourcodedchaos

Cradily - Attack:
1. Gravity Monkey
2. Arno64
3. Origin0

Cradily - Ability:
1. Cofaiclus
2. Gravity Monkey
3. Arno64

Gardevoir - Attack:
1. colourcodedchaos
2. Cofaiclus
3. Origin0

Gardevoir - Ability:
1. colourcodedchaos
2. Arno64
3. Gravity Monkey

Sylveon - Attack:
1. Reviloja753
2. colourcodedchaos
3. Gravity Monkey

Sylveon - Ability:
1. Origin0
2. Reviloja753
3. colourcodedchaos

Cradily - Attack:
1. colourcodedchaos
2. Origin0
3. Gravity Monkey

Cradily - Ability:

1. Gravity Monkey
2. Origin0
3. Arno64

Gardevoir - Attack:
1. Origin0
2. Exploudit
3. Cofaiclus

Gardevoir - Ability:
1. Origin0
2. Exploudit
3. Gravity Monkey

Votes will be counted up very shortly!

Sylveon Ability: Origin0, Reviloja753, Colourcodedchaos
Sylveon Attack: Origin0, Reviloja753, Gravity Monkey

Last edited:
Sorry to double post, but with Sylveon Attack, this is what I got-

Reviloja753: 9 points
Origin0 & Gravity Monkey: 4
Colourcodedchaos: 2

For Sylveon ability, there’s this-

Reviloja753: 7 points
Colourcodedchaos & Origin0: 6 points
Gravity Monkey: 2 points

Don’t feel like counting any more but Yoshiblaze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)