Monotype The Insectarium (Bug Monotype ft. CB Araqunaid

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
The Insectarium

Disclaimer: this RMT has a lot of writing. Be warned.

:sv/ribombee::sv/araquanid::sv/volcarona::sv/scizor::sv/kleavor::sv/lokix:

PokePaste is above

:ribombee:

As this team was supposed to be a Sticky Web team, I had to choose between
:galvantula:
:araquanid:
, or
Even tho I like
I chose
because its kinda better than the others.

:volcarona:
:scizor:
:kleavor:

The next 3 Pokemon should be on every Bug Team, but also benefit from Sticky Web.

Helps against Fire Types and also hits hard with Water Bubble boosted Liquidation.

:lokix:
Chosen cleaner is Lokix with two priority moves and a decent Speed stat that is taken care of by Sticky Webs
It is a Tuesday morning at the Monotype Battling School. The students coming into the classroom have no idea what is about to happen to them. The teacher waits for the class to quiet down. The teacher suddenly slaps down the papers on her desk. “We’re going on a field trip!” The class erupts in cheering! They all start babbling about which type this field trip would focus on. The teacher, reading their minds, gets ready to answer. The class quiets down. “The type focus will be…… “ The class holds their breath. Will it be a trip to the mountains and would focus on Rock? WOuld they go to the beach and focus on the Water type? WOULD THEY PERHAPS BE GOING TO SOME ANCIENT RUINS AND LEARN ABOUT THE MYSTERIOUS DRAGON TYPE? The teacher takes a breath. “Bug.”
Everybody gets off the Charjabug bus and steps on to the sidewalk in front of a huge building that looks like a mix of the Azalea, Castelia, Santalone, and Cortundo Gym and in one. The sign says “Monotype Insectarium.” Inside, the class meets a 13 year old kid that looks like he came from an electric gym and greets them at the entrance, a bunch of STicky Webs threaded together. “Hello everybody! My name is Dr. DaRotomMachine, PhD, PhD, PhD. Welcome to the Monotype Insectarium. I hope you will have fun on this tour.”

:sv/ribombee:

Ribombee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- Stun Spore
- Skill Swap

The class, along with Dr. DaRotomMachine walked into the first room of the insectarium. The Kids all saw in the first room a 8 inch bug with a scarf around its neck and wearing a peculiar sash around its head. It was busy chucking a ball of thread that spread out into a Sticky Web. The description of the :ribombee: was above the glass container it was held in. A kid raised his hand. “Doctor?’ “Yes?” Dr. DaRotomMachine asked. “What is that :ribombee: doing?” The 13-year old kid seemed to brighten like a lightbulb when the kid finished the question. “Well,” the kid began. “The role of this particular is to set up Sticky Web for its teammates. You see that Sash around its head? That’s the Focus Sash, which guarantees that it gets up once. “ The kids nodded, taking notes on their pads as they wrote down the information. “It's only attacking move in Moonblast, which hits decently hard in :great-tusk:, a very prominent spinner that I have seen so many times because Fighting seems to be a really popular type.” Another kid raised his hand. “What is the point of SKill Swap on the :ribombee:? I get Stun Spore helps with more speed control, But shouldn’t more coverage like Bug Buzz be in Skill Swap’s place?” The kid acknowledged the question. “Interesting question from that kid over there,” he replied. The kids waited expectantly. “The reason it runs Skill Swap is that it effectively removes Magic Bounce from :hatterene:, which would help a lot as you don’t want Sticky Webs on YOUR side.”
The kids nodded. But he wasn’t done. “It can also help against other scenarios. It can switch the abilities of weather setters and make sure they don’t set it up again, it can relieve :glimmora: of its ability, etc., etc.”

:sv/araquanid:
Araquanid @ Choice Band
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Mirror Coat
- Poison Jab

The class moved on to the next section, where a large lake-looking pool stood in the middle of the next room. It looked a lot like Brooklyn Hill from Akala Island. One kid looked at a sign looking across the room. “Don’t touch the water?” he asked. Immediately, he dipped his hand into the cold water. Screw that. FREEZING water. The kid stood up. “What is wrong with the-” he began. Suddenly, a huge spider’s legs came erupting to the top of the surface, and a huge bubble covered head with a Band around its head heaved its 5’11’’ frame out of the water, and roared at the class. The teacher was in awe, the kids screamed, while Dr. DaRotomMachine smiled. “This,” he said “Is something I call one of the saving graces of the Bug type.” He whistled at the :araquanid: and it went back down to the pool. “Everybody knows what Water Bubble does?” Dr. DaRotomMachine asked. A kid raised his hand. “It has the power of fire moves that hit :araquanid: and doubles it down Water Moves.” The teacher nodded in confirmation, and Dr. DaRotomMachine smiled. “Correct. Now, if I had Liquidation on my :araquanid:, what power would it be?” The kids looked dumbfounded as they processed it in their heads. “A 170 BP Water Move is nothing to laugh at,” Dr DaRotomMachine continued. “And isn’t supposed to be laughed at when this :araquanid: has Choice Band.” The kids looked at each other, seeing the reasoning behind the band around the Pokemon’s head and shook their heads. They never thought of this before! Dr DaRotomMachine continued. “Just to show, a Choice Band :araquanid: is guaranteed to OHKO a Non-Bulky :gholdengo: and there . The rest are just fillers, Leech Life is its Bug STAB and keeps it healthy for the duration of a match, Mirror Coat abuses its Gigantic SpD and can also KO :gholdengo:, if it survives the +2 Thunderbolt, with it. Poison Jab is just coverage and hits Fairy-types and has a Poison chance.” The kids, making note of this, made sure that they should be careful of facing an Araquanid when using Fire. “Not only that,” Dr. DaRotomMachine said, “Sticky Webs partially fixes its 42 Base Speed against slower mons. Satisfied, Dr. DaRotomMachine peeked to the next room, and stopped the class. “Hold on,” he said. He ran to a panel in the wall, and a bunch of sunglasses fell out. “Everybody wears these,” he said. “You’re about to meet the Sun.”

:sv/volcarona:
Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Morning Sun
- Fiery Dance
- Will-O-Wisp

The class was met with a blinding flash when they stepped into the next room. When the sunglasses readjusted their sight, they saw a huge bug with scales like fire coming off gigantic huge wings that shined bright red. The class oohed and aahed at the sight. “This,” Dr DaRotomMachine asked, “is Bulky :volcarona:.” The kids all crowded around the description, accepting a familiar set. However, they found something strange. “Will-O-Wisp… Instead of Bug Buzz or Psychic? The teacher asked, looking at the description. She looked at Dr. DaRotomMachine. “Well,” he said. “I personally love this set more than others. But there is a reason for this.” He turned to the students. “Imagine this; You set up with your :volcarona: and you sweep with almost all of the opponent’s team. The last pokemon is a :kingambit:.” The students mumbled. They had all experienced this before. “Then, the :kingambit: Sucker Punches! But It fails! Why? Because of Will-O-Wisp neutralizing it. Next Turn, it tries again. But it doesn’t even do half (unless it's a crit). You kill it with FIery Dance.” he paused. “And that’s not all. Not a lot of people expect Will-O-Wisp :volcarona:, so if they start setting up on you, then you Wisp Them. Simple.” The kids looked at the description, then looked at the kid. He was smiling. “Of course,” he continued, “the rest of the set is pretty standard. Quiver Dance + Morning Sun helps it set up, and Fiery Dance can boost its SpA even more. Heavy-Duty Boots prevents the Half Health lost from Stealth Rock. And it is further helped by :ribombee:’s Sticky Webs as it outspeeds certain Scarfers and others fast pokemon with a QD and Webs” Then he saw kids rubbing their eyes with their glasses off. “Okay,” he said hurriedly. “Next Room!”

:sv/lokix:
Lokix @ Silver Powder
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Throat Chop
- First Impression
- Leech Life
- Sucker Punch

The students could hear loud noises coming from the next room. When they entered, they expected a huge bug to be bearing at them, but instead they saw a 3 foot 3 athletic looking Bug swiftly beating up a statue of :gouging-fire:. All the kids crowded around it as it continued on the statues of :corviknight:, :groudon:, and even :arceus:. “This,” Dr, DaRotomMachine said, “is a AOA :lokix:, also known as an All-Out Attacker :lokix:.” The kids were so mesmerized by :lokix: beating up a Statue of :arceus: that they didn’t pay attention. “Sticky Webs benefits :lokix: alot,” Dr. DaRotomMachine continued. “It can put its offensive tools, which is its very strong ability, Tinted Lens, double priority in First Impression and Sucker and decently strong STAB moves, Leech Life and Throat Chop, to use by being an excellent cleaner/wallbreaker without having to worry about speed too much . Things include outspeeding :greninja:, :hoopa-unbound:, and anything under that and OHKOing both Gren and :hoopa-unbound: with Leech Life.” The kids, now seeing :lokix: finished with the statue, turned back to see Dr. DaRotomMachine polishing his glasses and looking expectantly at the statues. “Impressive,” he muttered, then he looked back at the kids. “You, with the right support, can sweep through teams that don’t have a sturdy check or a bulky pokemon. Just check the test results for his Karate career(:lokix:).” He checked his watch. “Ok, we're almost done.” When the kids started to file out, Dr. DaRotomMachine looked back. “These last two are the good ones.”

:sv/scizor:
Scizor @ Metal Coat
Ability: Technician
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Trailblaze

As they went into the next room, the first thing the kids saw were massive slashes on a stone wall that covered an entire wall of the room. In the middle they saw a green :scizor: looking straight at them reading its pincers as it flew to the wall and attacked it over and over again. “This is something I spent 3 hours finding,” Dr. DaRotomMachine said, inspecting the stone wall. “If you don’t run a Bug team without a :scizor:, I don’t know what you’re doing with this type.” He turned to the kids. “With Swords Dance + Trailblaze, once this thing gets set up you are going to do damage with either Metal Coat-boosted Bullet Punch or a Close Combat and even Trailblaze, as it's boosted by Technician.” One of the kids stepped up. “Yes..?” Dr. DaRotomMachine replied. “What about :gholdengo:?” the kid asked. Dr. DaRotomMachine rubbed his eyes under his glasses. “Usually I would sack :ribombee: after Webs is up, then go into :lokix: to KO it. But yes, :scizor: cannot effectively deal with :gholdengo: unless it carries Thief.” He adjusted his glasses and looked over at the :scizor: description to see if he missed anything. “Oh yes, just in case you were wondering, :scizor: has enough speed to outspeed uninvested :rotom: forms-” he stumbled a bit. “- and Adamant :azumarill:.” He stood up straight, and he looked toward the last and final room. “Alright,” he said. “Last room.”

:sv/kleavor:
Kleavor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sharpness
Jolly Nature
- Stone Axe
- Defog
- U-turn
- Close Combat

When they stepped into the room, there were several yelps of pain. Some of the kids found themselves standing on sharp rocks that were hidden when they had walked in. The kids who had yelped looked up and saw a massive Rock looking Bug with axe-like arms looking down at them. “:kleavor:,” grunted Dr. DaRotomMachine after he himself stumbled on Hidden Rocks. “Defog.” All the rocks disappeared. The teacher helped the kids who had yelped in pain while Dr. DaRotomMachine gestured to the :kleavor:. “Choice Scarf :kleavor:,” he said, “is one of the main reasons why this team does automatically lose against Fire and Flying. It forms a Hazard-Stack Core with Ribombee with Stone Axe and can also remove the hazards on our side.” One kid raised his hand, but Dr. DaRotomMachine already knew it. “Why would you put Defog on a Webs team, you may ask,” he said. Nobody asked. But he still continued. “Usually your hazard removal would be :forretress:, but it isn’t on this team, so Kleavor has to do. And usually you should only be clicking Defog if :volcarona: has lost Boots or something or you lose unless you remove SR from the field.” He looked at the rest of the kids. “Everything else is just coverage, as Close Combat hits Steel and Dark types while U-turn is a given on Choice sets.
Dr. DaRotomMachine glanced at the clock way above the room. “And that’s it. That,” He said, turning to the teacher and the kids. “is the Insectarium.”
As the kids filed out of the building, the teacher shook hands with the 13 year old kid that was not even out of middle school, and said farewell.

THE END

Shoutouts

As my time in middle school come to an end in a few weeks (9 I think), maybe my time in Smogon will soon as my schedule is due to get busier. But anyway,
I would like to thank Batmason09 for being a very nice friend (which I mean a complete dickhead trying to grind on my terrible proxy while also not giving me answers for schoolwork). I would also like to thank potatovicious for being a nice frind outside of Smogon, bro get on you Smogon account its been 7 months dang it. I would also like to congratulate myself for somehow finding the time to write all of this up and sharing it with all of you.

Thats all from me I guess....

Rototototototototototoototototo...........​

boomp

Never Give Up
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
The Insectarium

Disclaimer: this RMT has a lot of writing. Be warned.

:sv/ribombee::sv/araquanid::sv/volcarona::sv/scizor::sv/kleavor::sv/lokix:

PokePaste is above

As this team was supposed to be a Sticky Web team, I had to choose between
, or
Even tho I like
I chose
because its kinda better than the others.

The next 3 Pokemon should be on every Bug Team, but also benefit from Sticky Web.

Helps against Fire Types and also hits hard with Water Bubble boosted Liquidation.

:lokix:
Chosen cleaner is Lokix with two priority moves and a decent Speed stat that is taken care of by Sticky Webs
It is a Tuesday morning at the Monotype Battling School. The students coming into the classroom have no idea what is about to happen to them. The teacher waits for the class to quiet down. The teacher suddenly slaps down the papers on her desk. “We’re going on a field trip!” The class erupts in cheering! They all start babbling about which type this field trip would focus on. The teacher, reading their minds, gets ready to answer. The class quiets down. “The type focus will be…… “ The class holds their breath. Will it be a trip to the mountains and would focus on Rock? WOuld they go to the beach and focus on the Water type? WOULD THEY PERHAPS BE GOING TO SOME ANCIENT RUINS AND LEARN ABOUT THE MYSTERIOUS DRAGON TYPE? The teacher takes a breath. “Bug.”
Everybody gets off the Charjabug bus and steps on to the sidewalk in front of a huge building that looks like a mix of the Azalea, Castelia, Santalone, and Cortundo Gym and in one. The sign says “Monotype Insectarium.” Inside, the class meets a 13 year old kid that looks like he came from an electric gym and greets them at the entrance, a bunch of STicky Webs threaded together. “Hello everybody! My name is Dr. DaRotomMachine, PhD, PhD, PhD. Welcome to the Monotype Insectarium. I hope you will have fun on this tour.”

:sv/ribombee:

Ribombee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- Stun Spore
- Skill Swap

The class, along with Dr. DaRotomMachine walked into the first room of the insectarium. The Kids all saw in the first room a 8 inch bug with a scarf around its neck and wearing a peculiar sash around its head. It was busy chucking a ball of thread that spread out into a Sticky Web. The description of the :ribombee: was above the glass container it was held in. A kid raised his hand. “Doctor?’ “Yes?” Dr. DaRotomMachine asked. “What is that :ribombee: doing?” The 13-year old kid seemed to brighten like a lightbulb when the kid finished the question. “Well,” the kid began. “The role of this particular is to set up Sticky Web for its teammates. You see that Sash around its head? That’s the Focus Sash, which guarantees that it gets up once. “ The kids nodded, taking notes on their pads as they wrote down the information. “It's only attacking move in Moonblast, which hits decently hard in :great-tusk:, a very prominent spinner that I have seen so many times because Fighting seems to be a really popular type.” Another kid raised his hand. “What is the point of SKill Swap on the :ribombee:? I get Stun Spore helps with more speed control, But shouldn’t more coverage like Bug Buzz be in Skill Swap’s place?” The kid acknowledged the question. “Interesting question from that kid over there,” he replied. The kids waited expectantly. “The reason it runs Skill Swap is that it effectively removes Magic Bounce from :hatterene:, which would help a lot as you don’t want Sticky Webs on YOUR side.”
The kids nodded. But he wasn’t done. “It can also help against other scenarios. It can switch the abilities of weather setters and make sure they don’t set it up again, it can relieve :glimmora: of its ability, etc., etc.”

:sv/araquanid:
Araquanid @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Mirror Coat
- Poison Jab

The class moved on to the next section, where a large lake-looking pool stood in the middle of the next room. It looked a lot like Brooklyn Hill from Akala Island. One kid looked at a sign looking across the room. “Don’t touch the water?” he asked. Immediately, he dipped his hand into the cold water. Screw that. FREEZING water. The kid stood up. “What is wrong with the-” he began. Suddenly, a huge spider’s legs came erupting to the top of the surface, and a huge bubble covered head with a Band around its head heaved its 5’11’’ frame out of the water, and roared at the class. The teacher was in awe, the kids screamed, while Dr. DaRotomMachine smiled. “This,” he said “Is something I call one of the saving graces of the Bug type.” He whistled at the :araquanid: and it went back down to the pool. “Everybody knows what Water Bubble does?” Dr. DaRotomMachine asked. A kid raised his hand. “It has the power of fire moves that hit :araquanid: and doubles it down Water Moves.” The teacher nodded in confirmation, and Dr. DaRotomMachine smiled. “Correct. Now, if I had Liquidation on my :araquanid:, what power would it be?” The kids looked dumbfounded as they processed it in their heads. “A 170 BP Water Move is nothing to laugh at,” Dr DaRotomMachine continued. “And isn’t supposed to be laughed at when this :araquanid: has Choice Band.” The kids looked at each other, seeing the reasoning behind the band around the Pokemon’s head and shook their heads. They never thought of this before! Dr DaRotomMachine continued. “Just to show, a Choice Band :araquanid: is guaranteed to OHKO a Non-Bulky :gholdengo: and there . The rest are just fillers, Leech Life is its Bug STAB and keeps it healthy for the duration of a match, Mirror Coat abuses its Gigantic SpD and can also KO :gholdengo:, if it survives the +2 Thunderbolt, with it. Poison Jab is just coverage and hits Fairy-types and has a Poison chance.” The kids, making note of this, made sure that they should be careful of facing an Araquanid when using Fire. “Not only that,” Dr. DaRotomMachine said, “Sticky Webs partially fixes its 42 Base Speed against slower mons. Satisfied, Dr. DaRotomMachine peeked to the next room, and stopped the class. “Hold on,” he said. He ran to a panel in the wall, and a bunch of sunglasses fell out. “Everybody wears these,” he said. “You’re about to meet the Sun.”

:sv/volcarona:
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Morning Sun
- Fiery Dance
- Will-O-Wisp

The class was met with a blinding flash when they stepped into the next room. When the sunglasses readjusted their sight, they saw a huge bug with scales like fire coming off gigantic huge wings that shined bright red. The class oohed and aahed at the sight. “This,” Dr DaRotomMachine asked, “is Bulky :volcarona:.” The kids all crowded around the description, accepting a familiar set. However, they found something strange. “Will-O-Wisp… Instead of Bug Buzz or Psychic? The teacher asked, looking at the description. She looked at Dr. DaRotomMachine. “Well,” he said. “I personally love this set more than others. But there is a reason for this.” He turned to the students. “Imagine this; You set up with your :volcarona: and you sweep with almost all of the opponent’s team. The last pokemon is a :kingambit:.” The students mumbled. They had all experienced this before. “Then, the :kingambit: Sucker Punches! But It fails! Why? Because of Will-O-Wisp neutralizing it. Next Turn, it tries again. But it doesn’t even do half (unless it's a crit). You kill it with FIery Dance.” he paused. “And that’s not all. Not a lot of people expect Will-O-Wisp :volcarona:, so if they start setting up on you, then you Wisp Them. Simple.” The kids looked at the description, then looked at the kid. He was smiling. “Of course,” he continued, “the rest of the set is pretty standard. Quiver Dance + Morning Sun helps it set up, and Fiery Dance can boost its SpA even more. Heavy-Duty Boots prevents the Half Health lost from Stealth Rock. And it is further helped by :ribombee:’s Sticky Webs as it outspeeds certain Scarfers and others fast pokemon with a QD and Webs” Then he saw kids rubbing their eyes with their glasses off. “Okay,” he said hurriedly. “Next Room!”

:sv/lokix:
Lokix @ Silver Powder
Ability: Tinted Lens
Adamant Nature
- Throat Chop
- First Impression
- Leech Life
- Sucker Punch

The students could hear loud noises coming from the next room. When they entered, they expected a huge bug to be bearing at them, but instead they saw a 3 foot 3 athletic looking Bug swiftly beating up a statue of :gouging-fire:. All the kids crowded around it as it continued on the statues of :corviknight:, :groudon:, and even :arceus:. “This,” Dr, DaRotomMachine said, “is a AOA :lokix:, also known as an All-Out Attacker :lokix:.” The kids were so mesmerized by :lokix: beating up a Statue of :arceus: that they didn’t pay attention. “Sticky Webs benefits :lokix: alot,” Dr. DaRotomMachine continued. “It can put its offensive tools, which is its very strong ability, Tinted Lens, double priority in First Impression and Sucker and decently strong STAB moves, Leech Life and Throat Chop, to use by being an excellent cleaner/wallbreaker without having to worry about speed too much . Things include outspeeding :greninja:, :hoopa-unbound:, and anything under that and OHKOing both Gren and :hoopa-unbound: with Leech Life.” The kids, now seeing :lokix: finished with the statue, turned back to see Dr. DaRotomMachine polishing his glasses and looking expectantly at the statues. “Impressive,” he muttered, then he looked back at the kids. “You, with the right support, can sweep through teams that don’t have a sturdy check or a bulky pokemon. Just check the test results for his Karate career(:lokix:).” He checked his watch. “Ok, we're almost done.” When the kids started to file out, Dr. DaRotomMachine looked back. “These last two are the good ones.”

:sv/scizor:
Scizor @ Metal Coat
Ability: Technician
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Trailblaze

As they went into the next room, the first thing the kids saw were massive slashes on a stone wall that covered an entire wall of the room. In the middle they saw a green :scizor: looking straight at them reading its pincers as it flew to the wall and attacked it over and over again. “This is something I spent 3 hours finding,” Dr. DaRotomMachine said, inspecting the stone wall. “If you don’t run a Bug team without a :scizor:, I don’t know what you’re doing with this type.” He turned to the kids. “With Swords Dance + Trailblaze, once this thing gets set up you are going to do damage with either Metal Coat-boosted Bullet Punch or a Close Combat and even Trailblaze, as it's boosted by Technician.” One of the kids stepped up. “Yes..?” Dr. DaRotomMachine replied. “What about :gholdengo:?” the kid asked. Dr. DaRotomMachine rubbed his eyes under his glasses. “Usually I would sack :ribombee: after Webs is up, then go into :lokix: to KO it. But yes, :scizor: cannot effectively deal with :gholdengo: unless it carries Thief.” He adjusted his glasses and looked over at the :scizor: description to see if he missed anything. “Oh yes, just in case you were wondering, :scizor: has enough speed to outspeed uninvested :rotom: forms-” he stumbled a bit. “- and Adamant :azumarill:.” He stood up straight, and he looked toward the last and final room. “Alright,” he said. “Last room.”

:sv/kleavor:
Kleavor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sharpness
Jolly Nature
- Stone Axe
- Defog
- U-turn
- Close Combat

When they stepped into the room, there were several yelps of pain. Some of the kids found themselves standing on sharp rocks that were hidden when they had walked in. The kids who had yelped looked up and saw a massive Rock looking Bug with axe-like arms looking down at them. “:kleavor:,” grunted Dr. DaRotomMachine after he himself stumbled on Hidden Rocks. “Defog.” All the rocks disappeared. The teacher helped the kids who had yelped in pain while Dr. DaRotomMachine gestured to the :kleavor:. “Choice Scarf :kleavor:,” he said, “is one of the main reasons why this team does automatically lose against Fire and Flying. It forms a Hazard-Stack Core with Ribombee with Stone Axe and can also remove the hazards on our side.” One kid raised his hand, but Dr. DaRotomMachine already knew it. “Why would you put Defog on a Webs team, you may ask,” he said. Nobody asked. But he still continued. “Usually your hazard removal would be :forretress:, but it isn’t on this team, so Kleavor has to do. And usually you should only be clicking Defog if :volcarona: has lost Boots or something or you lose unless you remove SR from the field.” He looked at the rest of the kids. “Everything else is just coverage, as Close Combat hits Steel and Dark types while U-turn is a given on Choice sets.
Dr. DaRotomMachine glanced at the clock way above the room. “And that’s it. That,” He said, turning to the teacher and the kids. “is the Insectarium.”
As the kids filed out of the building, the teacher shook hands with the 13 year old kid that was not even out of middle school, and said farewell.

THE END

Shoutouts

As my time in middle school come to an end in a few weeks (9 I think), maybe my time in Smogon will soon as my schedule is due to get busier. But anyway,
I would like to thank Batmason09 for being a very nice friend (which I mean a complete dickhead trying to grind on my terrible proxy while also not giving me answers for schoolwork). I would also like to thank potatovicious for being a nice frind outside of Smogon, bro get on you Smogon account its been 7 months dang it. I would also like to congratulate myself for somehow finding the time to write all of this up and sharing it with all of you.

Thats all from me I guess....

Rototototototototototoototototo...........​
Heyyyy, I love the story you did with this rmt and what you have came up with. I love the concept and i feel like their can be a lil changes to maximize this bug team's potential. I honestly feel like the combination of Sticky Web + Defog kind of just beats the whole purpose of a sticky web ho bug team, since you will be removing your webs in the process. Honestly i feel like you

Team with webs:
Araquanid should honestly be your physical wall, :gouging fire: is really threatening to the team after a +1 and having a defensive backbone to fall back on is really appreciated. With that i feel that you can role compress better with just having araq as your sticky web setter.

Araquanid @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Liquidation
- Infestation
- Rest
- Iron Defense
This would allow us to have a safer option against :gouging fire: while also trapping it in the process. Pair with Iron Defense, it would be able to actually 1v1 Gouging in the process which is huge for Bug teams. And since ribombee is your web setter, we can run this without the drawback of lacking a setter for the team.

Set name: Bulky Setup (Bug)
EVs: 120 HP / 132 Def / 96 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Morning Sun
This is being work on in the analysis right now but it still gives volcarona great bulk and access to coverage move in Psychic which helps in the fighting and poison match up. After a +1 you outspeed zamazenta and OHKO Keldeo with Psychic. you dont necessarily miss out on potential wisp burns since you still have flame body as your ability.

:lokix: Lokix honestly the change i would make is change the item to black glasses over silver powder. And i would honestly change throat chop to knock off, to not only do dmg, but remvoing key items like Heavy duty boots off of mons so you can utilize both sticky web and Stone axe chip.

:Scizor: is fine not really much to say on this, pretty straightforward.

:kleavor: lastly to round out the team is just honestly changing out defog to Night Slash to hit Gholdengo. Like I said earlier in the post, having a sticky web team with a defogger just beats the whole purpose of what we are trying to achieve on the team. Remving both your webs and Stealth Rock on the team will cause annoying problems like not being able to break ceruledge Focus Sash, Chipping down Fire-types like :Ogerpon-hearthflame: and just overall making progress. Once again, this is a great concept and I loved it, I hope this helps and like always Happy gaming!
P.S. hope you are doing well in school! Study hard and get good grades :D Oh and 1 last thing, I know this is a team featuring Choice Band Araquanid, but its just too slow to utilitze choice band imo. even if we were to run max speed jolly nature, firepon, flutter mane, and band hisuian arcanine still outspeeds it.

Last edited:

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
Heyyyy, I love the story you did with this rmt and what you have came up with. I love the concept and i feel like their can be a lil changes to maximize this bug team's potential. I honestly feel like the combination of Sticky Web + Defog kind of just beats the whole purpose of a sticky web ho bug team, since you will be removing your webs in the process. Honestly i feel like you

Team with webs:
Araquanid should honestly be your physical wall, :gouging fire: is really threatening to the team after a +1 and having a defensive backbone to fall back on is really appreciated. With that i feel that you can role compress better with just having araq as your sticky web setter.

Araquanid @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Liquidation
- Infestation
- Rest
- Iron Defense
This would allow us to have a safer option against :gouging fire: while also trapping it in the process. Pair with Iron Defense, it would be able to actually 1v1 Gouging in the process which is huge for Bug teams. And since ribombee is your web setter, we can run this without the drawback of lacking a setter for the team.

Set name: Bulky Setup (Bug)
EVs: 120 HP / 132 Def / 96 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Morning Sun
This is being work on in the analysis right now but it still gives volcarona great bulk and access to coverage move in Psychic which helps in the fighting and poison match up. After a +1 you outspeed zamazenta and OHKO Keldeo with Psychic. you dont necessarily miss out on potential wisp burns since you still have flame body as your ability.

:lokix: Lokix honestly the change i would make is change the item to black glasses over silver powder. And i would honestly change throat chop to knock off, to not only do dmg, but remvoing key items like Heavy duty boots off of mons so you can utilize both sticky web and Stone axe chip.

:Scizor: is fine not really much to say on this, pretty straightforward.

:kleavor: lastly to round out the team is just honestly changing out defog to Night Slash to hit Gholdengo. Like I said earlier in the post, having a sticky web team with a defogger just beats the whole purpose of what we are trying to achieve on the team. Remving both your webs and Stealth Rock on the team will cause annoying problems like not being able to break ceruledge Focus Sash, Chipping down Fire-types like :Ogerpon-hearthflame: and just overall making progress. Once again, this is a great concept and I loved it, I hope this helps and like always Happy gaming!
P.S. hope you are doing well in school! Study hard and get good grades :D Oh and 1 last thing, I know this is a team featuring Choice Band Araquanid, but its just too slow to utilitze choice band imo. even if we were to run max speed jolly nature, firepon, flutter mane, and band hisuian arcanine still outspeeds it.
Thx for the feedback I did not know that Lokix got Knock.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)