The LC Open VI - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Grand Slam rules can be found here.
  • Standard SM LC.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
  • SM cartridge win conditions are in place, there are no ties.
  • Tiers are locked at the beginning of each round.
Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts and I expect many battles to be completed on other servers to prevent scouting. These kind of factors are pretty bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. It is the silliest thing I have ever heard, any battler worth their marbles has more than one team. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any forceful scouting, whether it be spying on another teams irc channel or following your opponent around on PO. There is a difference between "ipl is known for using stall" and "let me follow ipl around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. However, given the fact that this is the big stage, I am sure a lot of people want to watch, so don't be too mean.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.

Disconnections

If a player disconnects and either player contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If it is agreed between players that this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason, the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment. Do not do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview

General recommendations (formerly known as teal6's Specific Hosting Rules, which I'm shamelessly stealing and including in the OP due to the former's status as Smogon's current Head Tournament Director):
  • Contact your opponent as soon as possible upon the round going up. Activity cases are going to be handled in a very strict manner.
  • When scheduling, offer as wide a swathe of time when you are available to play. 1 hour of activity on one or two weeknights is unlikely to be considered acceptable.
  • Schedule specifically - do not schedule for "Friday afternoon" or "Sunday morning", pick a date, a time and note the timezone.
  • If I catch news of ghosting or some other sort of nefarious play, I reserve the right to investigate to the full limits of my ability in conjunction with the TD team provided there is adequate evidence to warrant it.

I'm in the tournament so I streamed myself making the pairings:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/166890124

(zugubu royale vs Tony) vs insult
Randomnick vs Kurukaito
tazz vs John
Rasberry Pie SG vs Aalbaniaa
Erzengel vs EnzoLapras
Peef Rimgar vs Tricking
Sabella vs TUO
Corporal Levi
vs Ganso
EternalSnowman vs TheFenderStory
Dream Eater Gengar vs Ark
Fiend
vs Decision Makers
(Plas vs Lacus Clyne) vs -Voltage-
(Marshall.Law vs Void) vs ItzViper482
0Nl vs chipndale
KingPiloswine vs AShaneghoul
ggggd vs antemortem
(Justice_Avenger vs Arararagi) vs teal6
Eternally
vs paoisd
(MeButYou82 vs Astral Mythmaker) vs Empo
ZDen vs Marcop
xRockGuardian vs r0ady
Fruitdealer vs therealslap
TDK
vs RedMaxx
Omfuga vs Fardin
MFJr King vs Donut2907
Feliburn vs aim
SpaceWorm
vs fatty
Bloodz vs Leru
Kushalos vs Luthier
SilentMango
vs BlazingDark
soulgazer vs madermen
Osh vs Pak
Skelos vs A Hero's Destiny
(Microwavable vs DBW) vs Maomiraeniya
Rad and Subtract vs Drew
Toxigen vs Hikari
Nintendi vs VSX
MiyoKa
vs Elec.
False. vs Amane Misa
TryHard Kirk G. vs (blizzardy vs macle)
SlurpuffLoverKiwi vs Lax
parivard vs Garay oak
Blimax vs Laroxyl
neomn vs Melon
partys over vs King Wynaut
UltraBallz vs Spl4sh
LLH vs lighthouses
Quote vs (Z+V vs Celysi)
TSR vs Dundies
DoubleJ vs Nails
KevinELF vs Letters
Wamr vs M Dragon
(Twixtry vs obii) vs askHMC
kebab mlml vs tko
the_hbomb vs Gondra
oh95 vs Cdumas
Jarii
vs Yoshizilla315
CuckBoyy vs Merritt
(Rodriblutar vs Shrug) vs benbe
SoulWind vs SANJAY
Gratify
vs -Tsunami-
Larlev vs Megazard
KoldKappuccino
vs Christo
Pearl vs TruSwagblu
blunder vs Silverwhiteblue
Eternal Spirit vs Energy
Raseri vs Real FV13
Ciele vs Sam I Yam
djibril6c vs ict
Ojama
vs Arlaxeon
S0L1D G0LD vs MetalGro$$
KingKdot vs Roseybear
Get this Money vs (Vinz28 vs iRKD)
Misicloud vs Simbo
GOAO vs Finchinator
Frania vs Star
Lord Esche
vs Mix
Karppi vs (King vs Malekith)
Cheese5555 vs Dlanyer
dukevesper vs fitzy72
Santu vs miltankmilk
Level 56
vs 6ti
blinkboy vs dodmen
Gunner Rohan vs MK007
OP
vs Bughouse
-Snow vs (Neo vs KratosMana)
elodin vs IRazvann
sparktrain vs Coconut
MJ vs Zebraiken
ilesaural vs HSOWA
tahu
vs Snowy
Sacri' vs Drud
Ninjacalibur vs Ming549
FLCL vs Kingler12345
Shiba
vs hamhamhamham
Pohjis vs Le Sabreur

Extension deadline is Wednesday @ 11:59 PM EST

Regular deadline is August 21st @ 2:59 AM EST

Last edited:

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
Quote I'm not exactly sure what you mean by my match up since It would appear that there are three people facing off against one another. Can I get some clarification?

Quote I think twixtry getting the activity win over me is pretty unfair as he provided only 1 day of availability (sunday), stayed on for less than an hour and then left. Yeah I missed cus I had an unexpected irl issue but that's kinda lame. I'm requesting that you revisit this decision and give us an extension or make it a coinflip. Sorry for not posting earlier, really couldn't get on yesterday

mael

not the same but equal
is a Community Contributorwon the 14th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion

we were in contact via ps pms and then he handed me the win, but you had already coinflipped. so he told me to tell you taht you should overturn the decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)