The MMA/Boxing/Fighting Sports Thread

Bisping wants that fight, Hendo doesn't. Bisping wants revenge.. Hendo can never top what he did the first time. Nothing for him to gain besides some cash. Still though I'd watch.

Dillashaw vs Barao tonight going to be great fight. Going to be VERY interesting..

LOL Jake Shields

Palhares should just go around the world challenging and ripping off limbs from douchebags.

After what Shields pulled on GSP he gets zero sympathy for eye gouging from me.

Aldo/McGregor back on

Werdum/Cain 2

DC/Gustuffson

Dos Anjos/Cerrone

Lawlor/Condit

Fedor returning to mma

All confirmed

Can't wait!

Dunno why Fedor is bothering, he might've been the best HW of his era but he's been showing his age, and since most of his past success was with Pride long ago, I dunno how much of a draw he'd even be with the hardcore fans that remember how great he was considering he's only fought in the lesser promotions since. It's funny how one article was wondering how the UFC would sign him; rather, he'd probably have to beg to be signed by the UFC at this rate because fighters like Cain would bust him up, even Werdum would probably win a rematch these days.

McGregor/Aldo will be fun if it ever happens, Aldo so injury prone it seems now it makes you wonder what his next injury will be that will keep him out. I'm not really sure if I completely buy into McGregor, but like Sonnen before him he's a great draw just because of his self-promotion and he has skills to back up his trash talking, which always makes it more fun. Not really sure why they want to rush a Cain/Werdum 2, sure Cain had ring rust but Werdum was doing a decent job at him, should've given Arlovski or someone the shot (it'd be an even more epic comeback story for Arlovski if he ended up winning the HW belt after losing it so long ago).

Arlovski didn't look too good vs Mir. Give him Overeem or Stipe or someone else, he doesn't deserve a title fight after that performance.

Aldo will grapplefuck McGreggor imo. He's not dumb enough to stand around and let himself get KOed. That being said I think anyone would love a fight with McGregor because he's such a draw right now.

I'm with you on why Fedor is even bothering. He's just going to end up in Japan or somewhere not competitive and risk his legacy on losing to no-names. Don't count Fedor out tho..the UFC still wants him and only one or two other parties will MAYBE be able to match the UFC's offer. Fedor fans must be extremely nervous about his return, I know I am. The only one not nervous about all this is the man himself. ;)

something random

list of current MMA fighters from Dagestan:

UFC:

Khabib Nurmagomedov (22-0, sambo world champion)
Bilyal Makhov (wrestling world champion)
Bekbulat Magomedov (16-0)
Ruslan Magomedov (13-1)
Shamil Abdurakhimov (15-3)
Omari Akhmedov (15-2)
Gasan Umalatov (15-4)
Sultan Aliev (13-2, sambo world champion)
Rustam Khabilov (17-3, sambo world champion)
Rashid Magomedov (19-1)
Islam Makhachev (12-0, sambo world champion)
Ali Bagautinov (13-3, sambo world champion)

WSOF:

Timur Valiev (10-1)
Shamil Gamzatov (9-0)
Vagab Vagbov (16-0)
Magomed Magomedkerimov (16-5)
Magomedrasul Khasbulaev (21-5, sambo world champion)
Marat Magomedov (6-0)
Islam Mamedov (12-1)
Abubakar Nurmagomedov (10-1)

People say Fedor is old mma yet the best fighters are coming from Russia and will continue to do so as MMA popularity spreads to Asia and former soviet countries. The middle east and former soviet bloc are gold mines filled with tough, skilled, hungry youth.

Russia and the surrounding areas are an absolute gold mine for MMA talent, RINGS had that worked out in the early 1990s.

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
i feel bad bc i trained at the same gym as holly, and thought she was gonna get wrecked deep down. im happy for her though

Butthurt Aldo fan checking in.

Don't understand Aldo. Sigh

Why the fuck did he not respect McGregor's hands..sometimes athletes can be so damn stupid. No hate toward McGregor's skills..he's already become a legend.

Will be very disappointed if no rematch. Felt bad for the fans who shelled out so much money for a 13 sec main event. At least Weidman/Rockhold was good.

Also for all you ufc ball lickers look at the champs from top down:
-Werdum (Strikeforce)
-DC (Strikeforce)
-Rockhold (Strikeforce)
-Lawlor (Strikeforce)

Lawler*

I've been following and rooting for Rockhold since his strikeforce debut. I knew he had the potential to be UFC champ and him winning made me sooo happy. lol @ stupid people who said he would get outclassed on the ground.

ps: fuck vitor

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Butthurt Aldo fan checking in.

Don't understand Aldo. Sigh

Why the fuck did he not respect McGregor's hands..sometimes athletes can be so damn stupid. No hate toward McGregor's skills..he's already become a legend.

Will be very disappointed if no rematch. Felt bad for the fans who shelled out so much money for a 13 sec main event. At least Weidman/Rockhold was good.

Also for all you ufc ball lickers look at the champs from top down:
-Werdum (Strikeforce)
-DC (Strikeforce)
-Rockhold (Strikeforce)
-Lawlor (Strikeforce)
Aldo let McGregor get into his head andbit showed by making a sloppy mistake 10 seconds into the fight

i feel bad for aldo because he is a legend, but im really happy to see all the salty aldo fans that said conor was going to get murdered be shut up by an undeniable great counter KO.

leremyju

Banned deucer.
Has anyone heard of JJ Ambrose? Dude is a wrestling coach at my high school and I just found out he's an MMA fighter with some experience

Weidman's kick was really terrible too lol

Doesn't excuse him from getting mauled on the ground as Rockhold seems REALLY strong on the ground.. but the fight was dead even before that funny kick and subsequent ass kicking.

Overeem just KO'd JDS..did NOT see that happening

Skinny Reem is a THREAT

And Senior Dos Santos might be nearing his end at top level competition

Mirza

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)