The NU Open V - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Didn't want to have to do this but calling activity on Steve angello. We got an extension so we could play on Sunday, but on Sunday he just said 'probably can't play today how about wednesday' and didn't reply to my next vm.
Sorry, but I don't think either of you have enough grounds for an activity win. The only reason you were granted the extension was because your prior VM contact indicated you would be able to get your match done on either saturday or sunday. It's unfortunate that your timezones matched up so poorly but neither of you tried to concretely schedule a time after realizing how strict your availabilities would be, simply saying we'll play sometime on the weekend doesn't count especially considering there wasn't any contact from you two after tuesday.

Steve Angello wins the coinflip and will play UmPM

A friendly reminder to all parties that the best way to schedule for this tournament is to follow the SPL scheduling guidelines.

I'm also out of town for the entire week, but I'll do my best to keep the thread up to date

Paraplegic

relax...
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Calling activity on FlamingVictini. I waited an hour from our scheduled time and he never showed, and I am sick atm and would honestly rather rest then wait another hour :/
If we get another chance to play before deadline(as in I stop puking my guts out) Im more then happy to do so, but as it stands right now, I'm really sorry to have to do this :[

Calling activity on FlamingVictini. I waited an hour from our scheduled time and he never showed, and I am sick atm and would honestly rather rest then wait another hour :/
If we get another chance to play before deadline(as in I stop puking my guts out) Im more then happy to do so, but as it stands right now, I'm really sorry to have to do this :[
I find this activity claim a bit ridiculous. My opponent did not inform me at all that he was sick, and only offered one time for us to play. I thought this time would probably work but I wasn't entirely sure, so I asked to clarify whether he needed it to be a strict time or it was more like a "on this day i'll be free for a few hours around this time" and he responded "I will be able to stick around for an hour or two so no worries," which in no way indicates to me that "i'm sick and waiting for you will be unbearable for me so please treat this like a hard scheduled time otherwise i'm going to call activity on you even though there are at least a few more days till the deadline." I agree that this wouldn't have been a problem if I was able to be on my computer at 7, but it was simply out of my control since I can't just go against whatever my parents bring up, which is why I try to schedule for times where I know nothing will come up, or if my opponent is generously available, for times where I know i'll be able to get online within the time range at some point. Looking back on this I definitely could have been more thorough myself with the scheduling, but judging by the SPL scheduling guidelines, I don't really feel my opponent has grounds for an activity.

Also Kiyo what is the deadline? I haven't found one in the op and iirc I made a post about it earlier as well.

Reactions: PDC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)