Tournament The PU Classic - Introduction

inspiration taken from the smogon classic, clearly
logo.png

standings

Welcome to the first PU Classic. The first iteration of this tournament celebrates PU's history throughout the years. Players will compete in separate tournaments for the ADV, DPP, and BW generations, culminating in a finals where players must play all generations to have a chance to write their names in the history of the tier (and to earn Smogon Championship points).

The format consists of three separate tournaments: The BW Cup, The DPP Cup, and The ADV Cup. Each tournament is single elimination, best of three. Depending on your performance in a Cup, you will be awarded points. The point system is the same as the one used in Smogon Tour (see this for further explanation). When all the Cups have been finished, the eight players with the most points will advance to the play-offs. There they will battle in a best of three series until there is one undisputed PU Classic champion.

Signups for each Cup will be posted a week after the signups for the previous Cup in the circuit tournaments subforum. The hosts are allowed to play in the tournament that they are administering, as long as they elect someone else to create pairings. Here is the list of the Cups with the names of the hosts and the dates each will be posted:

• The BW Cup - Hosted by galbia - May 15th
  • The DPP Cup - Hosted by Akir - May 22th
  • The ADV Cup - Hosted by Leru - May 29th
If there are any questions, post in this thread and I will answer them as well as I can. Do not use this thread as a venue to complain about the format.

Each tier will lock at the beginning of its respective cup. This means that should any past-gen tiering evaluations happen during the process of their respective cup or the playoffs, the tiers themselves will not change.

Have fun and good luck to everyone competing!

Last edited:
In

Edit: Oh Lord Sample Team told me this was a sign up thread lol

Well, to not make this post useless, how will finals be determined? Will it be Bo3 with the gens being the players' choice or will it be a different gen each game?

bit new to tournaments mind you, so don't kill me for not knowing :x

Last edited:
u

Here is the list of the Cups with the names of the hosts and the dates each will be posted:

• The BW Cup - Hosted by galbia - May 15th
  • The DPP Cup - Hosted by Akir - May 22th
  • The ADV Cup - Hosted by TBD - May 29th
If there are any questions, post in this thread and I will answer them as well as I can. Do not use this thread as a venue to complain about the format.
I dunno if my english is that bad, but I think this is not the place to sign in...

Just to make this something more than a one liner, could you post all the clauses and banlists please? :3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)