SM RU The Race - [Qualified for RLT]

Senpai D.M

さようなら
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Hello all again I'd like to share a team that I've had success with on the ladder and helped me qualify for rlt. [peaked #2] Now this isnt your standard build by any means just something I had fun laddering with while being effective as well and felt like sharing.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Curse

I started this build with Quagsire to take advantage of all the set up mons currently in the tier. For any mons trying to set up on Quagsire its a free chance to set up curse along with it. Lastly it can toxic stall with partners support. Overall a solid defensive tank to take hits and able to punish set up mons and hit switches.

Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog

I wanted to make a Moltres build that did well in the current meta and I chose to go with a bulky spread that could fire off hurricanes to support a grass weakness that Moltres covers p well with good bulk. Thanks to pressure I can toxic stall alot of the mons I could have trouble covering or hit something on the switch. Defog is really good right now for all the spike stacking teams.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Defog

Flygon is speed control paired with Jolteon you have a volt-turn core as well.Flygon also has good typing to take hits if needed and threaten with a move back. Defog is also nice thanks to choice scarf as a last ditch effort if theres too many hazards or to support Moltres. you could also try toxic or something else as last slot.

Jolteon @ Expert Belt
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heal Bell

Next is Jolteon to make the volt turn core. Outside of the core and Moltres its a slowish team and Jolteon can threaten most of the tier with its stab or hidden power. I chose expert belt to bluff being a choiced item and avoid using life orb to take life orb damage. the last slot was free so I went with heal bell again like Flygon it can work as a last ditch effort to heal any status. or you can use another attacking move.

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Knock Off
- Scald

After playing with different rockers I chose Seismitoad because I like its bulk and it has a bit offense in scald and knock off. toxic helps cripple any walls and switches. Water absorb is another bonus it can heal up on Milotic and other water moves.

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 172 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Last is the set up sweeper and it sets up on alot right now. It has nice bulk and can fire off megahorns its job not only is to set up it can be used to take a hit and fire back or simply chip away with megahorn. This also is mostly my way of not losing to psychic set up sweepers just be careful of any hidden power fire.

I wanted to contribute to the ru rmts and hope others can have fun as well thanks for reading.
Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Shiny: Yes
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Curse

Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Defog

Jolteon @ Expert Belt
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heal Bell

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Knock Off
- Scald

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 172 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)