Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Chapter 1: THE BEGINNING

Well, its chapter 1, so not much is happening, but still gonna put in a progress update.

I choose my character, mash the A button a couple million times, and meet my new neighbors!

INTRODUCING *drum roll please*

Shauna and the backup dancers (only one of them can dance tho lol)
The male rival is so bland i can’t even recall his name off the top of my head. Calem? Caleb? He has the same lines as Selena most of the time, but somehow manages to make them even blaaaaaander. *yawn* where was i?

Ah right. Starters. Well none of the starters are scramblemons, so i grab Froakie for the heck of it (can’t remember if any of my mons can learn surf) and roflstomp Shauna.

Now that we’ve done that, I can go and pick up Explorer!

Timid nature eeuuuggghhhh well could be worse i guess could be something like Bold or Impish.

Route 2 and Santalune Forest are pretty uneventful, with the only scary part occurring when I forget about the trainer with the Pikachu. Sand attack hax ensure no risk of fainting.

Shauna: “I want to catch a Pikachu, but I can’t find any!”
>next two encounters are both Pikachu

Since Shauna has a bottomless bag of potions, we grind up Explorer a bit more, defeat all the trainers just in case we need to come back to grind wild pokemon later, then it’s on to Santalune City!

(Now i can finally deposit my Froakie and get into the real Scramble spirit)
(Yes Tierno I know how a pokemon center works)

Since route 22 is the only place to get a Litleo, lets go pick up Burniate!
know what? Imma wait until i get a male Litleo, because why not.

Jolly Nature. … … the price we pay for gender differences.

now both of my pokemon have +spe -meaningful atk stat

ANYHUE time to grind up Burniate a bit. but there are some surf trainers on route 22 so I can’t lead with Burniate. Back to santalune forest!

(10 years later)

meh, lets just go to the gym and grind a bit there.
Not much to say about the gym really, both Explorer and Burniate have SE STAB, so I just sorta facerolled everything, including Viola.
Next episode, we will get all the way to Grant, sometime along the way picking up Arthur, Wall, and ohgod Insanity!
or somewhere along the way, gyms 1 and 2 are pretty far apart

Explorer (Pidgey)
Lv 17
Keen Eye
Timid Nature
-Tackle
-Sand Attack
-Gust
-Whirlwind

Well Explorer is pretty dang overleveled rn, due to first-pokemon-syndrome. Unfortunately, this will probably be a double-edged sword, since Explorer’s restriction will make it pretty hard to train up my other pokemon, and it will take a long time before she evolves (both evolutions will probably happen hear the 8th gym). But for now, face rolling is fun. Grant is gonna be a snap back to reality tho

Burniate (Litleo)
Lv 11
Unnerve
Jolly Nature
-Leer
-Ember
-Work Up
-

Burniate is probably going to be a very situational mon, coming in on anything that doesn’t beat fire and Lysandre. But what he is effective against, he burns down really quickly (pun totally intended). Work Up will probably be a permanent fixture for dealing with solos later. The Team Flare restriction will be fun, but we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it

tldr; pretty smooth sailing for now, getting ready to get slammed by all the restrictions later on!

I just got Yellow on my 3DS, and I'd like to do a Scramble challenge.

Game: Yellow
Trading: No
Difficulty: Medium
Other: I'd like to use at least one starter.

Thanks!
I present to you: PINKDEMON, the Clefairy
restrictions:

-PINKDEMON is totally into Martial Arts and will beg you to teach it Mega Punch (TM01 @ Mt Moon) and Mega Kick (TM05 @ Celadon Department Store)
-It considers itself not worthy of Evolution and will reject any Moon Stones, until its Punches and/or Kicks are strong enough to break the hardest of Rocks (Defeat a Onix by only using PINKDEMONs "Mega-Attacks")
-In order to gain the respect of any Martial Artist around, it will forcefully switch itself in whenever you are fighting a Blackbelt or Bruno and will not be allowed to switch-out.

I hope its not to difficult ^^
You can still teach it Psychic, of course.

Heyhey :)

Its a real shame, that Scramble Challenges arent more popular.

i would love to try one for Pokemon Crystal:

- No trades
- At least 1 Surfer
- It can be REASONABLY difficult. I am not going to train e.g. a zubat, that wont evolve until soloing lance only using leech life. I dont hate myself.
- No Unown, Shuckle, Ditto, Wobuffet or Smeargle. Again: I dont hate myself.
- Be inventive, I want my Pokes to have some personality to them ;)

1. Plebeian the Slowpoke!
-Always hold Amulet Coin
-Gain Double Money on Rival, Gym and E4 battles
-Have at least 10.000*Number of Badges Pokedollar after Whitney
-Solo every Pokemon with "King" or "Queen" in their evo-line and do not evolve till it dethroned 30 of those Pokemon in Trainer-Battles.

2. Kofflette the Koffing!
- Kofflette must always know Self-Destruct
- Kofflette also must only use the move that is on the top of the attack-list.
- When Kofflette levels up, shift the Self-Destruct attack down by however many times the last digit on your Trainer ID specifies.
- If a Kofflette dies in battle via Self-Destruct, get immeadiately another one. There are 9 Kofflettes in total.
- Must hold Blackbelt
- Solo Blackbelts, Chuck, Janine and Koga
- No Rare Candies or Exp.Share
- Never be the lowest level in your party

3. NewSnorlax the Sudowoodo!
- Can only be used for one hour per day.
- Cant hold Items and I cant use Items on him.
- Must learn Rest and Snore.
- Must solo every Snorlax.

Last edited:
I can't decide a team for Gold, and I haven't done a scramble in ages so
Game: Gold
Difficulty: Easy
Extra: I'd like a starter, and no type overlapping. Also should be kinda obvious, but no Pokémon that I have to wait until Kanto to catch.

Team:
Try FURRYFURY, the Furret with anger-managment issues.
It has to learn Fury Cutter.
Whenever you get a hold of PROTEIN, it will consume it immediately, to become even more vicious.

Chapter 2: These gyms are too far apart

I am personally making the executive decision that if Insanity calls a random move, this will override Explorer and Wall’s move restrictions. If any of the 3 users who submitted these pokemon would rather me do the opposite, let me know.

In the last episode, we defeated Olivia, and claimed the Bug Badge! (raucous applause, gr8 accomplishment m8)

So first things first, we head out to Rt 4, receiving the XP share. With a heavy heart, I decide to turn it off. what could go wrong?

Explorer is starting to get over leveled, so I mow through all of the trainers in Rt 4, trying to save as much XP for Burniate as I can. The over leveling thing will get offset eventually once we get to like the 7th gym and he’s still a Pidgey, so time to make the most out of it.

Not much happens in Lumiose City, Sycamore goes down easily, and we pick up a Kanto starter. And promptly box it. Maybe ill use a Charizard postgame for the lulz.

Route 5 means catching Cookie Lover. Unfortunately, no Poison moves is going to be a huge downer, especially for the Grass gym solo, but Gulpin can use the Infestation TM, so I am predicting lots of stalling. Probably something along the lines of Infestation/Stockpile/Swallow/Spit up, since he learns all those 3 moves at lv 28 (I think).

I hit A a couple billion times through the weird Shabboneau and Parfum storyline, being careful to skip all of the trainers in Rt 6 for now.

Now we have the PokeFlute, and can catch Wall!
adamant nature heck yeah

Wall learns Rest and Sleep Talk by level up, but if we get to Cyllage City before then, we can just pick up the TMs.

Now that we have Wall, Explorer’s Whirlwind challenge is activated, so we can go back to Rt 6 and go through all of the trainers there!

For some strange reason, the Furfou Double Battle is very difficult. Probably just me tho.

While in Rt 6 we also pick up King Arthur! Who is female. huh. anyways.

The Berry farm is here, which is good, because I’ll probably need all the help I can get to beat Grant, since my two strongest pokemon are weak to rock. And ill have Insanity by then. uh oh.

Wall ate his Sitrus berry during the fight, which is unfortunate, but hey we can still plant oran berries. They’re good enough at this stage in the game.

I love the Battle Chateau. I’m going to be using this for XP (and Explorer Whirlwinds) a lot in the future I bet.
Caleb/Calem (still forgetting lol) and I wipe the floor with Tierno and Trevor, and it’s off to Ambrette Town!

On the way, we pick up Insanity. This run has officially become difficult AF woohoo.
Glittering cave just provides us with our first meetup with the bois in Tuxes, and a near panic having to solo the first Grunt’s houndour with the lowest BP Return ever. Thanks Insanity!

But yeah we do all that, and head to Cyllage City, picking up the Rest and Sleep Talk TMs to teach to Wall. Unfortunately, my XP distribution is incredibly skewed, so It’s time to go and grind some more!
*Rocky montage at Battle Chateau*
ironically, leveling up is even more tedious now, since Explorer always leads in Trainer Battles, and by the time I switch pokemon, Insanity has called in a random move.
Minus Explorer, all of my pokemon are still lower levels than Grant’s, but Wall has been proving his worth in the Chateau and the Gym Trainer Battles, so it’s time to see what could possibly go wrong!

Because of Explorer’s evolve requirements, he has to survive long enough to Whirlwind both Amaura and Tyrunt. I’m fairly confident I can survive an attack from Tyrunt, but running the calcs, Refrigerate Take Down will 1HKO, which is unfortunate.

Thankfully, Amaura TWaves first, and Explorer avoids parahax twice in a row to Whirlwind both pokemon, surviving a Bite from Tyrunt.
Since I have just used Whirlwind, I can switch to Wall, and since Amaura has not been confused, I spin the wheel of shame, and end up using Lick.
Amaura’s Take Down is looking to be a 3hko, so I need to use Rest next turn. Thankfully, the Take Downs, combined with Wall having a Rocky Helmet, force Grant to use a Hyper Potion, allowing me breathing room to fit in a Return, since Wall has been hit with 3 Take Downs.
This time, with the extra damage from Return, Amaura dies before Wall wakes up from Rest.
Tyrunt’s Bite crits, taking Wall down to the red, followed by Wall waking up and deciding to go back to sleep, healing up again (god i love rest)
On the 2nd turn, Insanity rolls the wheel of shame, and Return does nothing since Snorlax is asleep.
Tyrunt’s Bite is only a 4hko, which gives me plenty of time to simply spam RestTalk and let Tyrunt suicide into Rocky Helmet.
And with that, the Cliff Badge is ours! Ironically, Grant says that we are a “Wall” that he cannot surmount.

Next episode, its on to Shalour City!

Explorer (Pidgey)
Lv 35
Timid Nature
Keen Eye
-Return
-Twister
-Gust
-Whirlwind

6 Poison
4 Water
4 Electric
4 Flying
3 Ground
3 Rock
2 Psychic
2 Bug
2 Fighting
2 Fairy
1 Fire
1 Ghost
1 Normal
1 Ice

Not much to add on from last episode. Still over leveled as heck, and while gust and twister have low BP, after the 3 turn duration Return hits like an absolute truck, even with -Atk nature. Unfortunately, the extra levels did nothing to help the Rock weakness, so Explorer barely had enough time to Whirlwind before having to switch. The fighting gym should give Explorer some breathing room.

Wall (Snorlax) @ Rocky Helmet
Lv 22
Adamant Nature
Immunity
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Lick
-Return

Wow. This guy is an absolute monster. He gives absolutely no f—ks to anything. The heaviest hitting thing thus far, Amaura’s Refrigerate Take Down, only did about 40% (it would have 1HKOed Explorer, even with a 10 level disadvantage). Even Insanity isn’t that much of an issue, since Wall’s usually sleeping anyways, and can definitely spare the turns. With Adamant nature, Wall has 66 Atk (for comparison, Explorer, 13 levels above, has 43 Atk). Basically, all I have to do against physical mons is hit Rest and laugh as they die to either Return or Rocky Helmet. So far, the only pokemon that has forced me to use potions on Wall was a Skiddo from the Battle Chateau with Leech Seed and Worry Seed. Sadly, this is probably the peak of Wall’s performance. The next foreseeable time I can use him will be the 5th gym, and by then, most of the pokemon’s BSTs will have caught up to Wall. It was fun while it lasted.

Cookie Lover (Gulpin)
Lv 16
Quiet Nature
Sticky Hold
-Pound
-Return
-Yawn
-Infestation

This was going to be my backup option for defeating Grant, with even more stall shenanigans. With Wall being the absolute monster that he is, there was not much usage of Gulpin though. The Cookies will get lots of love later on, when he has to solo the 4th and 6th Gyms. Good thing Poison resists Grass and Fairy.

Burniate (Litleo)
Lv 18
Jolly Nature
Unnerve
-Noble Roar
-Leer
-Work Up
-Ember

Eh, not much to say here. Burniate did absolutely nada against the entire Gym, so he’s been on the back burner for a while (pun intended).

King Arthur (Honedge)
Lv 15
Impish Nature
No Guard
-Tackle
-Fury Cutter
-Pursuit
-Swords Dance

Again, not much to say here. With getting 4 new pokemon this episode, I had to divide my attention a bit too much. Will get lots of attention next episode, for being able to effectively BS 99% of the Shalour Gym.

Insanity (Spoink)
Lv 20
Naughty Nature
Own Tempo
-Psybeam
-Psywave
-Confuse Ray
-Return

Oh boy where do i start with this one. 1) almost the worst nature possible so woohoo. 2) I can already feel the 4MSS coming in hard. By the end of this run Insanity won’t be able to run any STAB at all because of twave/confuseray/raindance and the need for a move that can hit Dark Types. 3) Aforementioned dark type solos. Thankfully hasn’t been too much of an issue yet, with only a bit of Team Flare action. 4) That dang random move clause. Hasn’t screwed me over yet, but totally will someday.
On the bright side, Insanity already has the same SpAtk as Explorer’s Atk, so until the day where I have 3 status moves, I’m sure as heck gonna nuke stuff. And Grumpig learns Focus Miss so That’ll probably be my Dark-coverage move once I can get it.

tldr; restrictions are fun. having to almost always lead with the same pokemon isn’t good for XP distribution, especially when said pokemon is weak to the entire gym.

Reserving a pokemon for SudowoodoIsTheNewSnorlax ; can't think of a good idea off the top of my head but i will definitely get one muahahaha

I'm itching for a scramble, so I'll try my hand at Platinum

Game: Pocket Monsters Platinum for the Nintendo DS
Difficulty: Medium or Medium-Hard (Don't want to be pulling my little hair out for my first scramble)
Extra: I'd like a full team before Volkner. I'd also like a Surfer and Flyer. Somebody's gonna give me a Sneasel that I'm forced to teach Surf, aren't they

Team:
I will give to you *drumroll* Descartes the literate Rampardos!

-Descartes loves to educate himself and taught himself how to read in no-time. Too bad the first thing it ever read was the Ultramoon Pokedex Entry for Rampardos. Deeply offended by the gross oversimplification of the entry it made a vow to the world, to make it marvel at the erudite feats a Rampardos´ mind is capable of. Therefore Descartes will only use status moves or special-attacking moves and forget any physical move ASAP. (dont worry though, it has actually a very rich special movepool including, you guessed it: Surf)
-As stated: Descartes educates himself and so should you! Take in the monumental concerningness of our very own creation by staring at the painting in the ruins of Celestic Town for 5 minutes without moving a button. When you reach Canalave City, head to the library, change text speed to 1 and read every book in the library.
-Stress the academic nature of Descartes by making him hold no item besides Wise Glasses (talk to the Glasses-Guy in Celestic Town from 20pm to 4am)
-Optional: Descartes bears an intense grudge against Cyrus for wanting to create a new world. Doesnt this ignorant Simpleton understand, that the present is determined by the deeds of the past and that starting anew would erase every single action humanity ever took to improve itself? Teach Cyrus a valueable lesson in history by defeating his last Pokemon with Descartes´ Ancient Power in every encounter. If you do, then Descartes will realize the hypocrisy in despising Cyrus for not respecting the past and himself denying the past of its species by forcefully supressing its natural affinity for physical attacks. You can now teach Descartes 1 Physical Move. However, dont make him butt anything with its head. After all, Descartes is an intellectual, not a football player.

I hope you like him :3

-Descartes loves to educate himself and taught himself how to read in no-time. Too bad the first thing it ever read was the Ultramoon Pokedex Entry for Rampardos. Deeply offended by the gross oversimplification of the entry it made a vow to the world, to make it marvel at the erudite feats a Rampardos´ mind is capable of. Therefore Descartes will only use status moves or special-attacking moves and forget any physical ASAP. (dont worry though, it has actually a very rich special movepool including, you guessed it: Surf)
-As stated: Descartes educates himself and so should you! Take in the monumental concerningness of our very own creation by staring at the painting in the ruins of Celestic Town for 5 minutes without moving a button. When you reach Canalave City, head to the library, change text speed to 1 and read every book in the library.
-Stress the academic nature of Descartes by making him hold no item besides Wise Glasses (talk to the Glasses-Guy in Celestic Town from 20pm to 4am)
-Optional: Descartes bears an intense grudge against Cyrus for wanting to create a new world. Doesnt this ignorant Simpleton understand, that the present is determined by the deeds of the past and that starting anew would erase every single action humanity ever took to improve itself? Teach Cyrus a valueable lesson in history by defeating his last Pokemon with Descartes´ Ancient Power in every encounter. If you do, then Descartes will realize the hypocrisy in despising Cyrus for not respecting the past and himself denying the past of its species by forcefully supressing its natural affinity for physical attacks. You can now teach Descartes 1 Physical Move. However, dont make him butt anything with its head. After all, Descartes is an intellectual, not a football player.

Accepted!

Let's hope I remember to check my ID for the right last digit to get the fossil...

SudowoodoIsTheNewSnorlax take Plebeian the Slowpoke!

Many Slowpoke live their lives dreaming of becoming part of the 8% (the chance of holding a King's Rock) and evolving into Slowking, but Plebeian is a particularly low-class Slowpoke, and as such has no hopes of advancing into the upper class. However, this isn't stopping him from trying!

Plebian must always hold an Amulet Coin (Goldenrod Dept. Store basement fyi). Because he wants to make as much money as possible, you must get the Amulet Coin bonus in all Gym, Rival, and Elite Four battles (excluding solos). switching in and out is acceptable.

Plebeian is fascinated by your ability to easily earn cash simply by battling, and as such tries to hoard your earnings. The amount of cash you have may never be less than (Badges)*10,000. (haven't played Crystal so don't know if this is a fair number or not, lmk)

Plebeian is always infuriated when he meets patricians (aristocrats). Solo any pokemon with "King" or "Queen" somewhere in their evolutionary line (Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Kingler, Seaking, Kingdra, and of course Slowking). This does not take priority over other solos. Plebeian can evolve once he has soloed at least 10 Trainer-owned pokemon this way (again, not sure if this many pokemon show up. lmk)

oh, and solo Claire, because she is obviously born into a wealthy family.

Feel free to tell me if any of these challenges are unfair or impossible in Crystal, I have no playthrough experience.

Last edited:
Chapter 2: These gyms are too far apart

I am personally making the executive decision that if Insanity calls a random move, this will override Explorer and Wall’s move restrictions. If any of the 3 users who submitted these pokemon would rather me do the opposite, let me know.

In the last episode, we defeated Olivia, and claimed the Bug Badge! (raucous applause, gr8 accomplishment m8)

So first things first, we head out to Rt 4, receiving the XP share. With a heavy heart, I decide to turn it off. what could go wrong?

Explorer is starting to get over leveled, so I mow through all of the trainers in Rt 4, trying to save as much XP for Burniate as I can. The over leveling thing will get offset eventually once we get to like the 7th gym and he’s still a Pidgey, so time to make the most out of it.

Not much happens in Lumiose City, Sycamore goes down easily, and we pick up a Kanto starter. And promptly box it. Maybe ill use a Charizard postgame for the lulz.

Route 5 means catching Cookie Lover. Unfortunately, no Poison moves is going to be a huge downer, especially for the Grass gym solo, but Gulpin can use the Infestation TM, so I am predicting lots of stalling. Probably something along the lines of Infestation/Stockpile/Swallow/Spit up, since he learns all those 3 moves at lv 28 (I think).

I hit A a couple billion times through the weird Shabboneau and Parfum storyline, being careful to skip all of the trainers in Rt 6 for now.

Now we have the PokeFlute, and can catch Wall!
adamant nature heck yeah

Wall learns Rest and Sleep Talk by level up, but if we get to Cyllage City before then, we can just pick up the TMs.

Now that we have Wall, Explorer’s Whirlwind challenge is activated, so we can go back to Rt 6 and go through all of the trainers there!

For some strange reason, the Furfou Double Battle is very difficult. Probably just me tho.

While in Rt 6 we also pick up King Arthur! Who is female. huh. anyways.

The Berry farm is here, which is good, because I’ll probably need all the help I can get to beat Grant, since my two strongest pokemon are weak to rock. And ill have Insanity by then. uh oh.

Wall ate his Sitrus berry during the fight, which is unfortunate, but hey we can still plant oran berries. They’re good enough at this stage in the game.

I love the Battle Chateau. I’m going to be using this for XP (and Explorer Whirlwinds) a lot in the future I bet.
Caleb/Calem (still forgetting lol) and I wipe the floor with Tierno and Trevor, and it’s off to Ambrette Town!

On the way, we pick up Insanity. This run has officially become difficult AF woohoo.
Glittering cave just provides us with our first meetup with the bois in Tuxes, and a near panic having to solo the first Grunt’s houndour with the lowest BP Return ever. Thanks Insanity!

But yeah we do all that, and head to Cyllage City, picking up the Rest and Sleep Talk TMs to teach to Wall. Unfortunately, my XP distribution is incredibly skewed, so It’s time to go and grind some more!
*Rocky montage at Battle Chateau*
ironically, leveling up is even more tedious now, since Explorer always leads in Trainer Battles, and by the time I switch pokemon, Insanity has called in a random move.
Minus Explorer, all of my pokemon are still lower levels than Grant’s, but Wall has been proving his worth in the Chateau and the Gym Trainer Battles, so it’s time to see what could possibly go wrong!

Because of Explorer’s evolve requirements, he has to survive long enough to Whirlwind both Amaura and Tyrunt. I’m fairly confident I can survive an attack from Tyrunt, but running the calcs, Refrigerate Take Down will 1HKO, which is unfortunate.

Thankfully, Amaura TWaves first, and Explorer avoids parahax twice in a row to Whirlwind both pokemon, surviving a Bite from Tyrunt.
Since I have just used Whirlwind, I can switch to Wall, and since Amaura has not been confused, I spin the wheel of shame, and end up using Lick.
Amaura’s Take Down is looking to be a 3hko, so I need to use Rest next turn. Thankfully, the Take Downs, combined with Wall having a Rocky Helmet, force Grant to use a Hyper Potion, allowing me breathing room to fit in a Return, since Wall has been hit with 3 Take Downs.
This time, with the extra damage from Return, Amaura dies before Wall wakes up from Rest.
Tyrunt’s Bite crits, taking Wall down to the red, followed by Wall waking up and deciding to go back to sleep, healing up again (god i love rest)
On the 2nd turn, Insanity rolls the wheel of shame, and Return does nothing since Snorlax is asleep.
Tyrunt’s Bite is only a 4hko, which gives me plenty of time to simply spam RestTalk and let Tyrunt suicide into Rocky Helmet.
And with that, the Cliff Badge is ours! Ironically, Grant says that we are a “Wall” that he cannot surmount.

Next episode, its on to Shalour City!

Explorer (Pidgey)
Lv 35
Timid Nature
Keen Eye
-Return
-Twister
-Gust
-Whirlwind

6 Poison
4 Water
4 Electric
4 Flying
3 Ground
3 Rock
2 Psychic
2 Bug
2 Fighting
2 Fairy
1 Fire
1 Ghost
1 Normal
1 Ice

Not much to add on from last episode. Still over leveled as heck, and while gust and twister have low BP, after the 3 turn duration Return hits like an absolute truck, even with -Atk nature. Unfortunately, the extra levels did nothing to help the Rock weakness, so Explorer barely had enough time to Whirlwind before having to switch. The fighting gym should give Explorer some breathing room.

Wall (Snorlax) @ Rocky Helmet
Lv 22
Adamant Nature
Immunity
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Lick
-Return

Wow. This guy is an absolute monster. He gives absolutely no f—ks to anything. The heaviest hitting thing thus far, Amaura’s Refrigerate Take Down, only did about 40% (it would have 1HKOed Explorer, even with a 10 level disadvantage). Even Insanity isn’t that much of an issue, since Wall’s usually sleeping anyways, and can definitely spare the turns. With Adamant nature, Wall has 66 Atk (for comparison, Explorer, 13 levels above, has 43 Atk). Basically, all I have to do against physical mons is hit Rest and laugh as they die to either Return or Rocky Helmet. So far, the only pokemon that has forced me to use potions on Wall was a Skiddo from the Battle Chateau with Leech Seed and Worry Seed. Sadly, this is probably the peak of Wall’s performance. The next foreseeable time I can use him will be the 5th gym, and by then, most of the pokemon’s BSTs will have caught up to Wall. It was fun while it lasted.

Cookie Lover (Gulpin)
Lv 16
Quiet Nature
Sticky Hold
-Pound
-Return
-Yawn
-Infestation

This was going to be my backup option for defeating Grant, with even more stall shenanigans. With Wall being the absolute monster that he is, there was not much usage of Gulpin though. The Cookies will get lots of love later on, when he has to solo the 4th and 6th Gyms. Good thing Poison resists Grass and Fairy.

Burniate (Litleo)
Lv 18
Jolly Nature
Unnerve
-Noble Roar
-Leer
-Work Up
-Ember

Eh, not much to say here. Burniate did absolutely nada against the entire Gym, so he’s been on the back burner for a while (pun intended).

King Arthur (Honedge)
Lv 15
Impish Nature
No Guard
-Tackle
-Fury Cutter
-Pursuit
-Swords Dance

Again, not much to say here. With getting 4 new pokemon this episode, I had to divide my attention a bit too much. Will get lots of attention next episode, for being able to effectively BS 99% of the Shalour Gym.

Insanity (Spoink)
Lv 20
Naughty Nature
Own Tempo
-Psybeam
-Psywave
-Confuse Ray
-Return

Oh boy where do i start with this one. 1) almost the worst nature possible so woohoo. 2) I can already feel the 4MSS coming in hard. By the end of this run Insanity won’t be able to run any STAB at all because of twave/confuseray/raindance and the need for a move that can hit Dark Types. 3) Aforementioned dark type solos. Thankfully hasn’t been too much of an issue yet, with only a bit of Team Flare action. 4) That dang random move clause. Hasn’t screwed me over yet, but totally will someday.
On the bright side, Insanity already has the same SpAtk as Explorer’s Atk, so until the day where I have 3 status moves, I’m sure as heck gonna nuke stuff. And Grumpig learns Focus Miss so That’ll probably be my Dark-coverage move once I can get it.

tldr; restrictions are fun. having to almost always lead with the same pokemon isn’t good for XP distribution, especially when said pokemon is weak to the entire gym.

Reserving a pokemon for SudowoodoIsTheNewSnorlax ; can't think of a good idea off the top of my head but i will definitely get one muahahaha
Yeah, the double-Furfrou-battle is pretty hard in the early game. I remember losing my beloved beedrill in a Nuzlocke to it.

I just read Explorers and Insanitys Restrictions and.... woow, they are though!
Using Random Moves and leading with a pidgey for 90% of the game, thats just cruel :D
Love yourself a little and just turn on the Exp Share.

King Arthur has a really cool little story arc, I love that.

At least your Wall has a decent nature.
Personally, I despise the way Natures are executed in the games, so I prefer gen1 and gen2.

Yeah, the double-Furfrou-battle is pretty hard in the early game. I remember losing my beloved beedrill in a Nuzlocke to it.

I just read Explorers and Insanitys Restrictions and.... woow, they are though!
Using Random Moves and leading with a pidgey for 90% of the game, thats just cruel :D
Love yourself a little and just turn on the Exp Share.

King Arthur has a really cool little story arc, I love that.

At least your Wall has a decent nature.
Personally, I despise the way Natures are executed in the games, so I prefer gen1 and gen2.
yeah, I ended up turning on the EXP share in the most recent episode I'm still writing, because Calem's Absol hurts a lot against Spoink lol. I'm just glad the Battle Maison exists.
Insanity's random move is getting pretty tolerable, since 3 of my pokemon lean towards the stall side and can afford to effectively miss a turn. Its the dark solos that hurt more.

Explorer is gonna stay as a pidgey for quite a while due to the lack of Dragon Trainers early on. Oh, and Pidgey can't take part in sky battles, so there are quite a lot of Routes I can't "explore" completely.

I might try doing some prosaic updates towards the end of the game, but I just have too much on my plate rn lol

Oh, and reserving for Yoshiblaze

Last edited:
SudowoodoIsTheNewSnorlax take Plebeian the Slowpoke!

Many Slowpoke live their lives dreaming of becoming part of the 8% (the chance of holding a King's Rock) and evolving into Slowking, but Plebeian is a particularly low-class Slowpoke, and as such has no hopes of advancing into the upper class. However, this isn't stopping him from trying!

Plebian must always hold an Amulet Coin (Goldenrod Dept. Store basement fyi). Because he wants to make as much money as possible, you must get the Amulet Coin bonus in all Gym, Rival, and Elite Four battles (excluding solos). switching in and out is acceptable.

Plebeian is fascinated by your ability to easily earn cash simply by battling, and as such tries to hoard your earnings. The amount of cash you have may never be less than (Badges)*10,000. (haven't played Crystal so don't know if this is a fair number or not, lmk)

Plebeian is always infuriated when he meets patricians (aristocrats). Solo any pokemon with "King" or "Queen" somewhere in their evolutionary line (Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Kingler, Seaking, Kingdra, and of course Slowking). This does not take priority over other solos. Plebeian can evolve once he has soloed at least 10 Trainer-owned pokemon this way (again, not sure if this many pokemon show up. lmk)

oh, and solo Claire, because she is obviously born into a wealthy family.

Feel free to tell me if any of these challenges are unfair or impossible in Crystal, I have no playthrough experience.
Accepted!

Well, 20.000 right after Bugsy is too hard (still possible, if you are mad enough to wait for rematches, lul)
30.000 after Whitney is doable (unless you faint all the time :D )
To make up for that I will not let Plebian evolve until it has defeated 30 trainer-owned patricians. ^^

Accepted!

Well, 20.000 right after Bugsy is too hard (still possible, if you are mad enough to wait for rematches, lul)
30.000 after Whitney is doable (unless you faint all the time :D )
To make up for that I will not let Plebian evolve until it has defeated 30 trainer-owned patricians. ^^
yep, feel free to alter as needed in those regards.
Watch the slowpoke you catch be holding a King's Rock. That'd be hilarious with regards to story.

Heyhey :)

Its a real shame, that Scramble Challenges arent more popular.

i would love to try one for Pokemon Crystal:

- No trades
- At least 1 Surfer
- It can be REASONABLY difficult. I am not going to train e.g. a zubat, that wont evolve until soloing lance only using leech life. I dont hate myself.
- No Unown, Shuckle, Ditto, Wobuffet or Smeargle. Again: I dont hate myself.
- Be inventive, I want my Pokes to have some personality to them ;)

1. Plebeian the Slowpoke!
-Always hold Amulet Coin
-Gain Double Money on Rival, Gym and E4 battles
-Have at least 10.000*Number of Badges Pokedollar after Whitney
-Solo every Pokemon with "King" or "Queen" in their evo-line and do not evolve till it dethroned 30 of those Pokemon in Trainer-Battles.
This is my first time trying this out, so I hope I can make it hard.
Here ya go
Kofflette the Koffing

Many years ago, there was a tale of a noble band of koffings who fought heroically in a war that happened before the first pokeballs were invented. These koffings were specialists in blowing up, and they did it with pride, despite the risk that it posed to them and their comrades. Now many years after those glory days, the remnants of that proud warrior race still live on for eternity under the burnt tower that Lugia resided in. Those Koffings formed a brotherhood, called the Kofflette's, who swore on day that they would become one of the lucky few to be inducted by powerful trainer capable of giving them the battle of their lives. One of Koffings, named Kofflette ( of course) will join you on your path to glory and fame. However, he( and the rest of the Kofflettes) have on fatal flaw. They can only attack with the first move they know, and if that move is self-destruct, then they will die. That might not seem like a problem, except every time they level up, they shift Self-destruct a certain number of times before stopping. They don't know how to get rid of that move either. Many Kofflettes have died risking their lives for their pride, and paying the ultimate price. However, as a trainer spotted, they will always shift their moves by the same number as the last digit of their trainer's ID.

The Kofflettes are a vengeful race of Koffings, and if on their brothers dies in battle, another will take their place to fight. They also want to prove themselves to most noble of warriors. They have a deep and bountiful respect for martial artists, warriors, and ninjas ( especially Koga and Janine) and will urge their trainers to be the ones to fight them. They also insist on wearing the Blackbelt as soon as possible to ensure that everyone knows of their warrior status. Everyone of them insists on finishing a fight, and will never back out of one. They also don't beleive in 'free experience" and will refuse rare candies and the EXP. Share .

However, the Kofflettes are not without fears. If they see that an irresponsible trainer has killed 9 of their brethren, they will never fight with that trainer again, and will haunt that trainer forever.

To recap if you didn't understand that:
- Kofflette also must only use the move that is on the top of the list.( I recommend getting all attacking moves as quickly as possible)
- Every time, you level up your koffing, you must play a pokemon version of Russian Roulette by shifting the Self-Destruct attack down by however many times the last digit on your Trainer ID specifies
- For challenge, your Trainer ID must not end with 0, 4, or 8
- If your koffing dies in battle via Self-Destruct, you must drop everything that you are doing and grab another one to take its place.
- When you get the expert belt, you must give it them
- This one is optional: if 9 Koffings die then you will never get one again, and you may not use another pokemon in their place out of honor.
- They will also solo any martial artists or ninjas
- No giving out free experience so no rare candies or Exp.Share for them.
- They may not ever be the lowest level in your party

Feel free to tell me if some of these challeneges are too unfair are hard. I'm not the most experienced with Crystal after all.

Yoshiblaze take Bellhop the bronzor. yes i made this whole challenge off of a bad pun

Bellhop, being, of course, a bellhop, always tries to be extremely helpful. Whenever a pokemon on your team faints, you must immediately switch Bellhop in and use a Revive on the fainted pokemon. However, Bellhop is so helpful that he doesn't always look out for himself. You cannot use Revives on Bellhop, except for during a solo.

To evolve Bellhop, defeat five pairs of trainers at the Seven Stars Restaurant at Hotel Grand Lake, alongside each of his teammates.
What this means is that each of the other pokemon in your party can only take part in one of the five fights, making each of the battles a "solo" of sorts. Good luck!

Since the types of hotels with fancy bellhops usually cater to the upper class, solo Fantina and Bertha, who are both classy people who would probably stay at expensive hotels (for different reasons though).

Yoshiblaze take Bellhop the bronzor. yes i made this whole challenge off of a bad pun

Bellhop, being, of course, a bellhop, always tries to be extremely helpful. Whenever a pokemon on your team faints, you must immediately switch Bellhop in and use a Revive on the fainted pokemon. However, Bellhop is so helpful that he doesn't always look out for himself. You cannot use Revives on Bellhop, except for during a solo.

To evolve Bellhop, defeat five pairs of trainers at the Seven Stars Restaurant at Hotel Grand Lake, alongside each of his teammates.
What this means is that each of the other pokemon in your party can only take part in one of the five fights, making each of the battles a "solo" of sorts. Good luck!

Since the types of hotels with fancy bellhops usually cater to the upper class, solo Fantina and Bertha, who are both classy people who would probably stay at expensive hotels (for different reasons though).
Accepted, I love me some Bronzong

This is my first time trying this out, so I hope I can make it hard.
Here ya go
Kofflette the Koffing

Many years ago, there was a tale of a noble band of koffings who fought heroically in a war that happened before the first pokeballs were invented. These koffings were specialists in blowing up, and they did it with pride, despite the risk that it posed to them and their comrades. Now many years after those glory days, the remnants of that proud warrior race still live on for eternity under the burnt tower that Lugia resided in. Those Koffings formed a brotherhood, called the Kofflette's, who swore on day that they would become one of the lucky few to be inducted by powerful trainer capable of giving them the battle of their lives. One of Koffings, named Kofflette ( of course) will join you on your path to glory and fame. However, he( and the rest of the Kofflettes) have on fatal flaw. They can only attack with the first move they know, and if that move is self-destruct, then they will die. That might not seem like a problem, except every time they level up, they shift Self-destruct a certain number of times before stopping. They don't know how to get rid of that move either. Many Kofflettes have died risking their lives for their pride, and paying the ultimate price. However, as a trainer spotted, they will always shift their moves by the same number as the last digit of their trainer's ID.

The Kofflettes are a vengeful race of Koffings, and if on their brothers dies in battle, another will take their place to fight. They also want to prove themselves to most noble of warriors. They have a deep and bountiful respect for martial artists, warriors, and ninjas ( especially Koga and Janine) and will urge their trainers to be the ones to fight them. They also insist on wearing the Blackbelt as soon as possible to ensure that everyone knows of their warrior status. Everyone of them insists on finishing a fight, and will never back out of one. They also don't beleive in 'free experience" and will refuse rare candies and the EXP. Share .

However, the Kofflettes are not without fears. If they see that an irresponsible trainer has killed 9 of their brethren, they will never fight with that trainer again, and will haunt that trainer forever.

To recap if you didn't understand that:
- Kofflette also must only use the move that is on the top of the list.( I recommend getting all attacking moves as quickly as possible)
- Every time, you level up your koffing, you must play a pokemon version of Russian Roulette by shifting the Self-Destruct attack down by however many times the last digit on your Trainer ID specifies
- For challenge, your Trainer ID must not end with 0, 4, or 8
- If your koffing dies in battle via Self-Destruct, you must drop everything that you are doing and grab another one to take its place.
- When you get the expert belt, you must give it them
- This one is optional: if 9 Koffings die then you will never get one again, and you may not use another pokemon in their place out of honor.
- They will also solo any martial artists or ninjas
- No giving out free experience so no rare candies or Exp.Share for them.
- They may not ever be the lowest level in your party

Feel free to tell me if some of these challeneges are too unfair are hard. I'm not the most experienced with Crystal after all.
Accepted ^^

Difficulty: Medium or Medium-Hard (Don't want to be pulling my little hair out for my first scramble)
Extra: I'd like a full team before Volkner. I'd also like a Surfer and Flyer. Somebody's gonna give me a Sneasel that I'm forced to teach Surf, aren't they

Team:
Alright, take Pride the Burmy.

As a very subpar bug type, you'd think that being less than second fiddle would come with the territory. Well, this Burmy is done with that. It wants to come out on top.

It has a constant need to upstage it's fellow party members, and prove that it is the greatest. If it learns a move that another pokemon on your team learns through level-up, it must learn it. Furthermore, any pokemon not otherwise soloed of the same evolutionary family of a team member must be soloed by Pride.

Being so egotistical causes Pride to reject assistance from others. As such, unless it would otherwise conflict with another scramblemon, you can never use items on Pride.

However, it still needs to prove itself the greatest in order to maintain their confidence. To evolve, Pride must solo 10 unique bug catchers. After this, Pride develops a swollen head. It now plans to defeat the greatest in the leagues of bugs. Finally, Pride must solo Aaron.

Optional: Have Pride solo another major trainer based on what it evolves into: Byron if Trash Cloak, Mars (since Bertha is already claimed) if Sandy Cloak, Gardenia (and Jupiter if too easy) if Grass Cloak, and Saturn (since no relevant Flying trainers) if Mothim. If you do this, then Pride realizes that sometimes, one has to swallow their pride, and so can have items used on it after.

Optional: If the challenge is too easy, then you can limit the non-required moves to STAB ones only.

To sum up:
  • Must learn a move if one of the other mons learn it through level-up.
  • Must solo all of the Pokémon that you have (atm, all Tropius, Craniados, Rampardos, Bronzors, Bronzongs, Kricketots, and Kricketunes not otherwise soloed must be soloed)
  • Cannot use outside items on Pride.
  • Must solo 10 Bug Catchers to evolve.
  • Must solo Aaron.
  • Optionally, solo one of Byron, Mars (all fights), Gardenia (and Jupiter if too easy), or Saturn (all fights), based on what the evolution is. Success results in dropping the item restriction.
  • Optionally, outside of moves through restriction, can only use STAB moves.
Too difficult? Drop the teammates solo. Too easy? No held items either.

Last edited:

As a very subpar bug type, you'd think that being less than second fiddle would come with the territory. Well, this Burmy is done with that. It wants to come out on top.

It has a constant need to upstage it's fellow party members, and prove that it is the greatest. If it learns a move that another pokemon on your team learns through level-up, it must learn it. Furthermore, any pokemon not otherwise soloed of the same evolutionary family of a team member must be soloed by Aaron.

Being so egotistical causes Pride to reject assistance from others. As such, unless it would otherwise conflict with another scramblemon, you can never use items on Pride.

However, it still needs to prove itself the greatest in order to maintain their confidence. To evolve, Pride must solo 10 unique bug catchers. After this, Pride develops a swollen head. It now plans to defeat the greatest in the leagues of bugs. Finally, Pride must solo Aaron.

Optional: Have Pride solo another major trainer based on what it evolves into: Byron if Trash Cloak, Mars (since Bertha is already claimed) if Sandy Cloak, Gardenia (and Jupiter if too easy) if Grass Cloak, and Saturn (since no relevant Flying trainers) if Mothim. If you do this, then Pride realizes that sometimes, one has to swallow their pride, and so can have items used on it after.

Optional: If the challenge is too easy, then you can limit the non-required moves to STAB ones only.

To sum up:
  • Must solo all of the Pokémon that you have (atm, all Tropius, Craniados, Rampardos, Bronzors, Bronzongs, Kricketots, and Kricketunes not otherwise soloed must be soloed)
  • Must solo Aaron.
  • Optionally, solo one of Byron, Mars (all fights), Gardenia (and Jupiter if too easy), or Saturn (all fights), based on what the evolution is. Success results in dropping the item restriction.
Accepted! Honey is annoying, but w/e.

One more mon to go!

Team:
Ok, lets do this
Chuckya the Surreally Strong Happiny

Every since he was a young child( or fetus if you choose to take the Happiny egg), Chuckya was obsessed with all the famous Happiny in the world. But none more than Brock's Happiny, whom he idolized as both a source of strength and courage. Inspired by his hero, Chuckya was determined to become the most strong pokemon there ever was. Boasting an impressive 5 Attack Stat, soon to be a 10 Atk stat when he evolves, Chuckya prided himself in mastering the arts of physical attack and defense. He will only have phsyical attacks with no status ailment, and must learn strength when possible
However, Chuckya hates everything about the Special side of battling, beleiving it to be for the cowards that fear doing real battle. This of course puts him at odds with Descartes, resulting in a unrivalled rivalry. To show his contempt for the sissy dinosaur, Chuckya will never help out the team if Descartes is sent out before him.
Chuckya also beleives that knowledge is useless and that physical activities are what is really important. So after everytime you educate yourself with Descartes the Rampardos, you must spend 10 minutes in the Sinnoh Underground working with Chuckya to improve your own physical strength.
Chuckya also wants to be an honorable warrior, and must solo at least one of Maylene's pokemon and Crasher Wake's Gyarados to show off his strength to these strong trainers.
Chuckya also always wants to have utmost strength and will therefore hold the blackbelt when you get it

Optional:
Optional: Chuckya has a deep and personal anger against Cyrus for wanting to create a new world. Why doesn't this sissy understand that making a new universe would reverse all of the hardwork and effort that people had done to accumulate strength to fight. Teach Cyrus a painful lesson in martial arts by defeating his first Pokemon with Chuckya's strength in every encounter. If you do, then Chuckya will realize the wrongness in wanting to beat up Cyrus for not respecting the strength and hardwork everyone has done since he himself has done everything is his power to reverse the reality that he and his line of evolution had spent many millenia working hard to become the ultimate special sponge. You can now teach Chuckya 1 Special Move. However, dont make him have to use his mind. After all, Chuckya is a champion of strength, not a nerd.

Recap
Chuckya will only use physical attacks.
Chuckya will never fight if Descartes is sent out before him
Chuckya must learn strength when you can teach him it
Everytime you educate yourself with Descartes, you must spend 10 minute mining in the Sinnoh Underground to improve your strength with Chuckya
Must hold the blackbelt when you get it
You must solo one of Maylene's pokemon and Crasher Wake's Gyarados
Optional: Beat up Cyrus's first pokemon with strength to unlock the potential to use 1 Special attack, but it cannot involve the mind

And yes before someone says it, this is meant to be the physical counterpart to Descartes the Rampardos

Ok, lets do this

Every since he was a young child( or fetus if you choose to take the Happiny egg), Chuckya was obsessed with all the famous Happiny in the world. But none more than Brock's Happiny, whom he idolized as both a source of strength and courage. Inspired by his hero, Chuckya was determined to become the most strong pokemon there ever was. Boasting an impressive 5 Attack Stat, soon to be a 10 Atk stat when he evolves, Chuckya prided himself in mastering the arts of physical attack and defense. He will only have phsyical attacks with no status ailment, and must learn strength when possible
However, Chuckya hates everything about the Special side of battling, beleiving it to be for the cowards that fear doing real battle. This of course puts him at odds with Descartes, resulting in a unrivalled rivalry. To show his contempt for the sissy dinosaur, Chuckya will never help out the team if Descartes is sent out before him.
Chuckya also beleives that knowledge is useless and that physical activities are what is really important. So after everytime you educate yourself with Descartes the Rampardos, you must spend 10 minutes in the Sinnoh Underground working with Chuckya to improve your own physical strength.
Chuckya also wants to be an honorable warrior, and must solo at least one of Maylene's pokemon and Crasher Wake's Gyarados to show off his strength to these strong trainers.
Chuckya also always wants to have utmost strength and will therefore hold the blackbelt when you get it

Optional:
Optional: Chuckya has a deep and personal anger against Cyrus for wanting to create a new world. Why doesn't this sissy understand that making a new universe would reverse all of the hardwork and effort that people had done to accumulate strength to fight. Teach Cyrus a painful lesson in martial arts by defeating his first Pokemon with Chuckya's strength in every encounter. If you do, then Chuckya will realize the wrongness in wanting to beat up Cyrus for not respecting the strength and hardwork everyone has done since he himself has done everything is his power to reverse the reality that he and his line of evolution had spent many millenia working hard to become the ultimate special sponge. You can now teach Chuckya 1 Special Move. However, dont make him have to use his mind. After all, Chuckya is a champion of strength, not a nerd.

Recap
Everytime you educate yourself with Descartes, you must spend 10 minute mining in the Sinnoh Underground to improve your strength with Chuckya
Optional: Beat up Cyrus's first pokemon with strength to unlock the potential to use 1 Special attack, but it cannot involve the mind

And yes before someone says it, this is meant to be the physical counterpart to Descartes the Rampardos
Accepted!
And with that, I can my start Scramble.

Recap of my team
From KingHeracrossTheBug

Anyways, I present Cricthoven the Kricketot/Kricetune

This Kricketot is a progidy in music... Or so he likes to believe. Because of this, he is obsessed with sound-based moves. He must never forget any sound-based moves he has and try and only use sound-based moves against his opponents (see exception below)

However, Cricthoven has a particularity. He hates Pokemon with the Soundproof ability. He must overcome these barriers on his path to musical success through using the power of music, embodied in a Metronome. He must have Fury Cutter and use it along with the item Metronome only against Pokemon with the Soundproof ability.

Because he is holding his precious Metronome, Cricthoven may not use any other items, lest he risks losing it

Finally, to show off his talents in the big spheres of power, he must solo a Pokemon from each Gym, Elite Four, and the Champion

Finally, his final rival is none other than your own rival's Starly. He must find a way to defeat said Starly on every occasion that you meet him, or ar least try to defeat him

From HotFuzzBall

I'll give you Bananasaur the Tropius (aka a Flyer)

Bananasaur loves to take the offensive stance so, it must have 2 physical and 2 special moves on it at all times and it may not utilize status moves.

Contrary to it's Pokedex entry, Bananasaur hates fruit. Therefore, you may not give it or use any berries on it.

Bananasaur also loves a challenge, so it must solo every Fire-type and avoid any Rock or Water-type you encounter until the end of the series.

Lastly, Bananasaur is also lazy af so you can use Fly a total of 5 times during the entire game so... use it wisely!

From SudowoodoIsTheNewSnorlax

-Descartes loves to educate himself and taught himself how to read in no-time. Too bad the first thing it ever read was the Ultramoon Pokedex Entry for Rampardos. Deeply offended by the gross oversimplification of the entry it made a vow to the world, to make it marvel at the erudite feats a Rampardos´ mind is capable of. Therefore Descartes will only use status moves or special-attacking moves and forget any physical ASAP. (dont worry though, it has actually a very rich special movepool including, you guessed it: Surf)
-Optional: Descartes bears an intense grudge against Cyrus for wanting to create a new world. Doesnt this ignorant Simpleton understand, that the present is determined by the deeds of the past and that starting anew would erase every single action humanity ever took to improve itself? Teach Cyrus a valuable lesson in history by defeating his last Pokemon with Descartes´ Ancient Power in every encounter. If you do, then Descartes will realize the hypocrisy in despising Cyrus for not respecting the past and himself denying the past of its species by forcefully supressing its natural affinity for physical attacks. You can now teach Descartes 1 Physical Move. However, dont make him butt anything with its head. After all, Descartes is an intellectual, not a football player.

From pretzel987

Yoshiblaze take Bellhop the bronzor.yes i made this whole challenge off of a bad pun

From Hitmonleet

It has a constant need to upstage it's fellow party members, and prove that it is the greatest. If it learns a move that another pokemon on your team learns through level-up, it must learn it. Furthermore, any pokemon not otherwise soloed of the same evolutionary family of a team member must be soloed by Aaron.

To sum up:
  • Must solo all of the Pokémon that you have (atm, all Tropius, Craniados, Rampardos, Bronzors, Bronzongs, Kricketots, and Kricketunes (+Happiny, Chansey, Blissey) not otherwise soloed must be soloed)
  • Must solo Aaron.

From stuuful12

Ok, lets do this

Optional:

Recap

I'll start and have an update post.

Also, just one thing KingHeracrossTheBug , I might have to change Kricketot's restriction to using a sound move first in every battle, but being allowed to use regular moves until I have a damaging and/or 3 sound moves and Fury Cutter or else I'll have to get through Eterna Forest with just Growl. Do you have any objections to this?

Last edited:
Chapter 3: These gyms are too close together

After defeating Grant, it is time to head on to Route 10!

I defeated all of the trainers here already to grind for Grant, but unfortunately, I still have to deal with Team Flare. Who have dark types. Perfect.

Many wasted turns, revives, and confuse rays later, I squeak by Houndour with an under leveled Insanity. One Team Flare member down, quite a few left to go! hooray.

Well, we end up making it through to Geosenge Town, and Calem arrives just in time! Lol who are we kidding he’s 5 minutes late, as usual.

Guess we’ll never know where Team Flare’s secret hideout is. Or who their leader is. Confounding puzzles here ladies and gents.

Korrina wants to challenge us with her two Lucario, which is actually super convenient, because both of them have only normal and fighting moves! EZ xp for King Arthur.

Route 11 and Reflection cave are pretty uneventful, except that Explorer faints once in each route, both during Double battles. Man double battles just have something against me don’t they. King Arthur also faints in the double battle trying to avenge Explorer, so bye bye Swords Dance. Explorer solos 2 trainers in Reflection cave, and since I’m not counting the Tower of mastery rival fight as the next “area,” Explorer is going to solo 2 trainers in Shalour Gym.

Speaking of rivals, Calem has an Absol. TIME TO GRIND! (Insanity’s Defense stat is and will always be piss poor, so I gotta win the speed battle here and get lucky).

So after grinding, I go and fight Calem. I defeat Quilladin and get Meowstic into the red, then switch in Insanity. I don’t want to waste a turn switching into Insanity when Absol is already on the field.

Insanity finishes off Meowstic, and lands a confuse ray on Absol. Absolve avoids the confusion, but luckily chooses Slash instead of Bite, and I live with a hair of HP. Whittling down Absol takes quite a while, as I still have Return as my only coverage move (not sure why), but confuuz ray comes in clutch and we manage to beat Calem.

The Shalour city gym is super underwhelming. Explorer solos the two single-pokemon trainers easily, and the only coverage Korrina has against King Arthur is Machoke’s rock tomb (or whatever rock move it is), which does almost 0 damage with Arthur’s defense boosting nature. Even without Swords dance, we slowly and steadily beat Korrina, netting lots of XP in the process.

We head back to the Tower of Mastery, do the whole Lucario thing, and promptly box him. I didn’t have the heart to not accept him. The free Lapras tho, not taking you buster. Wall learns Surf BB. The upside of having a RestTalk tank is that he also works as an HM slave and still wrecks. The move deleter shows up before his gym solo so I can still get Heavy Slam muahahaha.

Since this episode is wayy to short, lets go beet Ramos! (Get it? Beet? Grass type Gym? meh)

I skip all the Route 12 trainers to get to Coumarine city to pick up the Lucky Egg, then head back to net some key XP for Cookie Lover, who has a lot of soloing to do. Calem rears his ugly head again (well its only Absol doing the rearing), but now that Insanity knows Power Gem, I don’t have to rely as much on RNG. double confuse hax still nice tho.
Ok, time for Coumarine Gym!

Cookie Lover basically BSes his way through the entire gym, by way of Yawn, Infestation, and Power up Punch to make Returns stronk as hecc. Ramos is going to be an issue tho, since Gogoat knows EQ, which will probably one-shot Cookie Lover.

…Welp, what could go wrong?

RNGesus is definitely smiling upon me today. I think I earned some karma points from putting up with Insanity’s challenge (jk its actually pretty fun). While the random moves were a pain, throughout the entire Ramos fight I never double stacked Yawn or Infestation. Oh, and Gogoat decided not to use Earthquake. Not sure why.

With that (easier than expected) victory, next episode will see us return to Lumiose!
Whats that? Team Flare fights?
oh boy. Dark solos are going to be interesting.

See you on the flip side!

Explorer (Pidgey)
Lv 45
Timid Nature
Keen Eye
-Return
-Twister
-Fly
-Whirlwind

6 Psychic
6 Fighting
6 Poison
6 Water
5 Flying
5 Bug
4 Electric
4 Ground
3 Fairy
3 Normal
3 Flying
3 Rock
2 Ghost
2 Dark
2 Dragon
1 Fire
1 Grass

Unfortunately, even being miles ahead level-wise, still being a Pidgey with BST of 251 is taking its toll. Return still hits hard, but in the 3 turns before I can use it, Explorer’s low defenses have usually crippled it. I am taking a risk by replacing Gust with Fly, because the first 3 turns now are going to be either WW or a non-STAB BP 40 move, but I am banking on the added power of Fly. Besides, I usually am using Whirlwind at the start of fights nowadays anyways. The Whirlwind challenge is coming along nicely, but one of my evolutions is locked until the 7th Gym (since the 8th is soloed), so catching up will be slow. Once I evolve tho the levels will definitely result in some roflstomping.

Insanity (Spoink)
Lv 38
Naughty Nature
Own Tempo
-Psyshock
-Psywave
-Power Gem
-Confuse Ray

Insanity, I have officially decided. I can live with your random moves. I can live with having to catch up to Explorer’s level after evolving. I have the Lucky Egg after all. But soloing all of Team Flare’s dark types? Oh boy that ones painful. The worst part is that since the Trainers also have non-Dark pokemon, I can’t justify taking Explorer out of the lead slot. So when they lead with a dark type, I waste a turn, then have to switch, then have to do the solo. All ranting aside though, Insanity’s challenge is coming along much nicer than I initially expected. In a few episodes, Insanity is going to evolve, which will put even more pressure on a pokemon already suffering from 4MSS. But hey, when I get to Anistair City, I can buy Focus Blast. Team Flare will never know what hit them.

Wall (Snorlax)
Lv 32
Adamant Nature
Immunity
-Strength
-Sleep Talk
-Rest
-Surf

Yeah, nothing to say here. Had next to no usage this episode, with a Fighting-type gym followed by a Solo. However, Wall still is, and will always be, a great option when stalling out someone is needed. As long as Explorer lives long enough to use Whirlwind, Wall can (slowly) take care of the rest. Oh and HMs are nice too.

Burniate (Litleo)
Lv 33
Jolly Nature
Unnerve
-Noble Roar
-Work Up
-Fire Fang
-Ember

Again, not much usage this episode, since the Grass Gym was soloed. The issue right now is that with where I am in the region, most pokemon weak to Fire are also weak to Flying. Explorer is carrying the weight of himself and Burniate. Once I get to places with more Ice and Steel types, Burniate will get more love. Also, Team flare
fights are annoying AF. But hey, I never actually knew throwing a pokeball wasted a turn before. THE MORE YOU KNOW!
And Burniate doesn’t learn Incinerate until level 46 or some BS like that. welp.

King Arthur (Honedge)
Lv 32
Impish Nature
No Guard
-Retaliate
-Gyro Ball
-Pursuit
-Swords Dance

Arthur got some nice usage this episode with being able to BS Korrina, but hasn’t seen much more usage. Not having Swords Dance hurts, but now Retaliate does a surprisingly large amount of damage. Will be able to evolve in 2-ish episodes, so looking forward to that. Now that I think about it, Lots of pokemon are evolving soon
woohoo.

Cookie Lover (Gulpin)
Lv 34
Quiet Nature
Sticky Hold
-Power-up Punch
-Yawn
-Return
-Infestation

Not much to say here other than Cookie Lover put in some freaking work this episode. Singlehandedly borked the entirety of Ramos’ gym with 0 stab is quite impressive. if any y’all mention that its only because Gogoat didn’t use EQ i will deny it Gonna do more soloing in a few episodes, and then can join the evolve train. Unfortunately, in XY Stockpile is not learned until much later than I was expecting, but I will probably have it by Valerie’s gym. Im thinking of replacing PuP and Return with StockPile and Spit up. Not sure tho the attack boost is pretty sweet.

Tldr; Shalour Gym overall has nowhere near enough Ghost coverage, Infestation is the best move 100%

My First Ever Scramble Challenge - Pokemon Platinum
See here for Pokemon

And so the journey begins! I'm so... excited?

Game starts, Professor ramblings and stuff, name my (male) character "YB" (usually go with Yoshi or my real name, but might as well change it up) using the definitely new, unique, and innovative D S T O U C H S C R E E N (Wish I even knew what Pokemon was back then). Name my rival Bowler, named after my friend BowlerSSF2, who's one of the most successful Smash Flash 2 YouTubers, recently hitting 10k subs,and was kind of my rival when I played SSF2 competitively.

The early part is kinda pointless since I wasn't given a starter (honestly forgot to ask for one lol), just know that I picked Piplup, which gives me a good matchup there versus Bowler's ace, allowing Bananasaur, Pride, or Bellhop to destroy Torterra. Plus, it gets Defog and Cut. Oh, and before that, Professor Rowan stopped Bowler from being torn to shreds by very scary Bidoofs.

TERRIFYING

Kricketots I ran into before getting Poke Balls: 2

Alright, finally got some Poke Balls, time to begin my suffering...
I'm telling you right now, I don't expect much from Cricothoven util the 40s when it gets Perish Song, but hopefully me being inevitably overleveled as heck will be enough to carry me until I can get Bellhop. Well, not quite. I'm just hoping that on my way back to tell my mom about my adventuring, I don't run into any Kricketots so I might get a higher level one after the catching tutorial....

Yeah, literally the first PokemonI run into is a Kricketot, so there goes that. He is Level 3, though, so could've been worse. Anyways, I caught the little guy and now our journey really begins!

Cricthoven has a Gentle Nature, which isn't great considering the fact that with my slightly-modified-to-make-early-game-actually-doable-restriction, it has to click Bide a lot. Could've been worse, though.

And now, for Cricthoven's first battle! An epic duel with... a wild Level 3 Shinx.
Growl -> 2 Bides and 1 Potion used as the Shinx spams Tackle wins it for your hero... we're gonna have a great time, ladies and gents...

Oh, and in his 3rd battle, he already fainted to a Bidoof because I didn't want to waste Potions. Great.

Now for his first Trainer battle, he's just level 4 up against a level 5 Starly, but he'll be fine, right?
Well, a crit Quick Attack literally OHKOs, so as you can see, this went very well as it just took me, oh, idk, FIVE TRIES. This is literally the first trainer. Help me.

Hey look, this third trainer I'm facing has a Burmy! Yeah, I'm not looking forward to honey... Wait a minute, Burmy doesn't have any attacking moves at level 10. Hey, something I can actually beat with just Growl!... Is what I would say if this man wasn't a hacker and has Tackle already. Whatever, still only took 1 try. First route went well enough, getting Cricthoven up to Level 8 already with only the first 2 battles taking more than 2 tries, which is nice.

Enter Jubilife City, meet Looker, who's just delightful, and then we head into the Trainer School for some training and probably more resets.

Gave Bowler his stuff from his mom, he runs off, like always, and then we battle these two children and... Cricthoven actually more than holds his own, not fainting once. Impressive.

We start the Poketch promotional campaign thing, with the first clown telling me about growing through Exp. and evolution and stuff. With a Level 9 Kricketot, this is actually relevant information, so that's nice.

Now, we head left and face our biggest test so far: Bowler.
He leads with Starly, Cricthoven's destined rival, who, after spamming Growl for a little bit, is 3HKOed by Bide, so that goal was met easily. Turtwig's next, which just spams Withdraw for no good reason until he gets to +6. Then, entirely because he got a crit Tackle, Cricthoven is able to Bide twice to easily defeat Turtwig! That went extraordinarily well for a Kricketot and for my trouble...

"What?
Cricthoven is evolving!
Congratulations, Your Cricthoven evolved into Kricketune!
Cricthoven learned Fury Cutter!"

That's pretty exciting, might mean that I can use less Potions and also I can do damage now!.... To Soundproof mons, that is. Anyways, this is a good point to end part 1 at, now that we have taken down Bowler for the first time.
Caught:

Cricthoven (Kricketune) (M)
Ability: Swarm
Level: 10
Gentle Nature
- Growl
- Bide (temporarily usable)
- Fury Cutter
Has actually surprised me so far. After those first two dreadful battles, Cricthoven has really held his own thanks to the mighty Bide. Not much else to say. Let's see if we can carry this into our first Gym badge.

If there's any objection to me using Bide, I can restart.

Not Caught:

*odd number ID: Yes
Alright, part 2, here we go.
I start off by going to left just to see what's there and I find an Z Accuracy. Interesting... I also got an Old Rod, as if that matters.

I explored as much of Jubilfe City as I could, coming aay with a Quick Claw (which will be nice for Bellhop or Bananasaur) and some information about evolution despite the fact that I already have an evolved Pokemon.

And now, as I head north for a couple seconds, I accidentally get in Cicthoven's first battle as a Kricketune! After a few turns, Cricthoven easily handled a Level 7 Shinx. I know I was 3 levels higher and it was a Shinx, but dang I can feel the difference in bulk.

And, I enter a dilemma.
You see, I ran into this trainer to the east that had a Kricketot.
Kricketot only has Growl and Bide.
I am only allowed to use Growl and Bide (Fury Cutter is reserved for Soundproof mons only)
You see the problem here?
And what's worse is that he has a second Pokemon, too.
So, basically, cue a huge PP stalling battle.
What's worse is that using an item that has no effect doesn't use up your turn in this gen.... thank goodness Pokeballs do, though. And so, after more 70 or so turns and being reminded to not be a thief a ton of times, the Kricketot finally starts Struggle itself to death, and I successfully beat something by only using Growl (and a bunch of blocked Pokeballs). Now we have problem #2: Supersonic Zubat. With Bide being a 3 turn move, it's basically impossible to use, so I basically had to PP Stall again. And after all of that, this trainer is finally gone. By the way, that was an OPTIONAL trainer. Sigh...

This wasn't the last time I had to PP Stall a trainer, too, as Kricketune is so bulky with Growl that I ran out versus a trainer with 4 Level 4 Pokemon. I ran out of PP against their 3rd Pokemon, Starly, and thank goodness that their last Pokemon was just an Abra.

For my trouble, I was able to get myself an X Defend, which was somewhat useful I suppose, and entry into Oreburgh Gate. A nice Hiker guy gives me HM06 Rock Smash, which I wish I could teach to Kricktune so much right now.

"Cricthoven learned Leech Life!"
;~;

With that, we enter Oreburgh City and even have access to Route 207. The latter is only relevant as I decided to catch a Geodude to show a guy in building (getting a Heal Ball..) and to teach Rock Smash.

After exploring Oreburgh City, which was admittedly uneventful, I headed into the mine to go get the Gym Leader and start my suffering. Upon entering, I got a Super Potion which is sooooooo great, as Potions are starting to not cut it anymore. After some battles, I ran into the Gym Leader, Roark, who shows me how to Smash rocks. Wish I could do that in battle, but hey, now we can actually battle the Gym Leader.

Ah, the gym, probably the hardest thing I'll have to do until Cynthia, probably. Even with Bide, Rock-types hit REALLY hard, even after a Growl or two.

The trainers went down easily enough, surprisingly, though Defense Curl was annoying for Bide. After this, I was at only Level 16, two away from Sing, which might bea problem, though honestly, I have faith in Growl + Bide.

And now, for Roark...
"I'll need to see the toughness of the Pokemon that battle with you!"
Yeah, you can say that again.

Attempt 1:
I force-Growl, he thankfully Stealth Rocks. Then, I decide to use an X Defend for extra assurance as he Rock Throws. I Bide up as he spams Rock Throw, but he misses one of his Rock Throws, which is killer. I heal up and Bide up again as he only hits 1/2 once again, this time to my favor.

Onix comes out, I Growl as per requirement as he immediately Rock Throws, which does very little as Onix is quite weak (X Defend comin' through). Onix survives the first Bide and gets Potioned up... and that's when he pulls out Screech... Now, I'm forced to use my Super Potion earlier that I wanted to just to beat Onix.

Cranidos comes out as I Potion up. And Headbutt does way too much. I Growl as he chokes by using Pursuit. I Potion up as he of course gets a crit on Headbutt...

Attempts 2-3:
I Growl and he thankfully Stealth Rocks again and this time immediately click Bide, but of course he gets a crit Rock Throw and 2HKOs.

Attempt 4:
VS Geodude
Growl - Stealth Rock
Bide - Rock Throw
Bide2 - Rock Throw miss
Bide3 - Actually Lucky Rock Throw miss
Bide - Potion
Bide2 - Rock Throw
Bide3 KOs Geodude.

VS Onix
I Growl as he Rock Throws before I heal for a few turns. I Bide and after 2 Rock Throws, I OHKO Onix and grow to Level 17.

VS Cranidos
I Super Potion as he gets a crit Headbutt, ruining that. I Growl before healing with regular Potions. I actually get a Bide off before he gets another lucky crit and KOs.

Attempt 5:
VS Geodude
Growl - Rocks
Bide OHKOs after 2 Rock Throws

VS Onix
Potion - Rock Throw
Growl - Rock Throw
Potion - Rock Throw
Bide OHKOs after 2 Rock Throws (Level 17!)

VS Cranidos
Potion - Crit Headbutt
Super Potion - Headbutt
Growl - Leer
I Bide at the wrong time as he spams Leer

*Skipping ahead*

Attempt 9:
Onix and Geodude went the same as Attempt 5 more or less

VS Cranidos (I forgot how it exactly went, but it was something like this)
I healed up before using Growl followed by Bide. Bide doesn't quite kill, letting Roark use a Potion. I healed up as well (I think I used my X Defend and another Growl somewhere in here), before using Bide 1 more time and barely winning. During this, the only move he used was Headbutt.

FINALLY, WE WON.
I'm not going to say that I hate you for making me use a Kricketune without Leech Life to beat Roark, but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't at all mad.

"This is embarrassing..." Oh shut up...

"YB received the Coal Badge from Roark!" Well earned, though honestly I had it on Attempt 1 before crits happened. I also got TM76 Stealth Rock, which might be useful honestly.

Well, we'll end it off here. After finally defeating the Gym Leader, we can finally continue with the days of solo Kricketune being numbered.

Badges: 1

Caught:

Level: 17
Gentle Nature
- Growl
- Leech Life
- Fury Cutter
Roark: Yes (Geodude, Onix, Cranidos)

Yeah, Cricthoven's bulk honestly hurt more than it helps. Having to use Growl first every battle mde Cricthoven more prone to either having to PP Stall in long battle, or in the case of the Gym, being just bulky enough to not OHKO the Gym Leader's Pokemon after 1 or Rock Throws/Headbutts but not being bulky enough to take 5 without having to heal 2-3 times. The Gym was very annoying because of this and Roark's extremely timely luck. Still better than what I could expect from a Kricketune, but not as impressed as before (though maybe Sing would've helped).

Not Caught:

Well now that the painful trek to get the badge is over, I can finally continue on with my newly usable Rock Smash on HM Geodude.

Bowler interrupts me to my surprise, but luckily for me all he wanted to do was tell me about Eterna City. Believe me, I want to get there much more than you do, buddy.

Before getting to Route 204, I decided to explore as much of Oreburgh Gate as I could at the moment, coming away with TM70 Flash (bleh) and a Big Pearl (cool).

As I entered Jubilife City, Looker confronted me with a warning to watch out for shady individuals, which has me wondering, what do shady individuals look like? Hmm, they might a bowl cut... with teal hair... kinda dress like astronauts... eh, who am I kidding... Oh, would you look at that, shady men with bowl cuts, teal hair, and space outfits are harassing Dawn and Rowan. I guess it was just a lucky guess, eh? Rowan gives them some lip because Rowan is awesome, but I still had to fight them off for him with Dawn. It's not like you have that Chimchar that Dawn doesn't own and Bowler & I didn't pick, but whatever, as Cricthoven just ate hits while Dawn's Chimchar did damage.

Not much happened on the bottom part Route 204, except that one of the trainers I skipped earlier had a Magikarp that I had to PP Stall, which also got me to Level 18 and Sing. There was also TM39 Rock Tomb in Ravaged Path, but all that did was make me sad that I an teach it to my future Cranidos. Maybe if I get Wormadam-Sandy... Oh, and 1 trainer on the top part of Route 204 asked me if I was using different types of Pokemon. Yeah, I wish.

By the way, I really hate facing Budews and Leech Seed Cherubi, the latter of which is actually almost impossible to beat. Full disclosure, I had to stall out Leech Seed repeatedly switching because if I stayed in, I'd run out of healing items before successfully stalling out Cherubi and would be guaranteed to lose (Don't worry though, I didn't attack Cherubi with Piplup or Geodude). There was also a double battle, which was a bit weird considering I only had 1 Scramblemon at this point.

After a pretty tedious top part of Route 204, I entered Floaroma Town, and oh how I wish it was Eterna City at this point. I got the TM88 Pluck (bleh) and some berries before I was on my as you can't quite get Honey yet.

Next was Team Galactic, and EWWWWW HYPNOSIS GLAMEOWS
I just want Bronzor already ;~;

I got through the Grunt stationed at Valley Windworks okay-ish, but that's just a sign for things to come and I don't like that at all. Next were the Floaroma Meadow goons, who had an annoying Stunky with Screech and Poison Gas that took way too many attempts (Read: more than 1) to beat, and the second grunt you can't heal before had 2 dumb Zubats, the second of which I had to PP Stall as I have to sit there I wonder what I was doing with my life and why Fury Cutter had to restricted to Soundproof mons.

I got Honey for this, so I GUESS that getting my second mon is a silver lining.... in at least 6 hours. Why does the Honey mechanic exist? Why can't Sinnoh trees be cool like Headbutt Trees in Johto?... Oh, I also got the Works Key, if anyone cares.

I slathered up the dream outside of Valley Windworks before heading in. One annoying Zubat and now Commander time (I skipped a trainer) and this probably won't go well since she leads with Zubat....WITH TOXIC

Yeah, this took multiple attempts

Oh, not to mention, she has Purugly.

Full Disclosure, I had to cheat by using Fury Cutter on Zubat as using only Bide, Growl, and Sing made is impossible to win without literally hoping that she missed every single Toxic she had, which was never going to happen. Zubat took 5 or 6 tries to beat, and after that Purugly was actually a piece of cake.

At the end of the day, I defeated Mars and I cannot wait to get Pride or Belhop, I'm getting quite tired of dealing with Supersonic, poison, Leech Seed, PP stalling Budews, and all of the rest. Though maybe I'm overreacting, I mean, this is my first scramble, so...

Anyway, I'm stopping here because:
a) Eterna Forest would be nice to train a Burmy in if I get it first try,
b) I'm mad,
and
c) I have school tomorrow and need sleep.

See you next time and sorry for all of the NaCl...

Oh, Looker showed up again... this was all worth it, for Looker, right?

Caught:

Level: 20
Gentle Nature
- Growl
- Sing
- Fury Cutter

*unrelenting screams of agony*

Not Caught:

That's a horrible title for this part.

Anyway, if you couldn't guess from the title, after a couple days, the honey (on the Floaroma Meadow tree I didn't originally know existed) finally attracted a Burmy. After putting it to sleep, I caught it quite easily in a Dusk Ball, getting Pride on the squad!

Pride is a girl, so she will evolve into one of the Wormadams. Currently, I'm planning on evolving it into Sandy Cloak, but we'll see. And who knows, it might just evolve before we;re done since Eterna Forest is just up ahead. Burmy isn't spectacular, but with a lucky Relaxed nature and the ability to freely attack, this little miss is a life saver right now.

Pride's first battle is against a Ponyt- wait, no. I did scout with Protect. It definitely had Ember. This battle against a Picnicker actually took 2 attempts because Cricthoven got burned and I forgot to stock up on Potions. The next trainer was a Hiker, so gonna have to wait a little longer.

Pride's first real battle came against a Level 14 Roselia. Roselia literally Growth'd up to +6 and almost OHKO'd with Mega Drain. Tackle was like a 900HKO. Obviously I let Cricthoven handle that one. At least Pride grew to level 13 on that.

As a matter of a fact, Pride really can't hold her own yet. Like, at all. So, Cricthoven still has to do everything pretty much. You know what that means... Biding... PP Stalling... yay....

After a couple more battles
"Cricthoven wants to learn Focus Energy!"
Nope.

Later on, Cricthoven actually fell to an Onix because it got a lucky crit on a Rock Throw. Pride came out and through sheer luck, she was actually able to Tackle it down! I don't know why the AI didn't use Rock Throw, it just didn't. But hey, it got Pride another level, and I'll take that any day.

So after the long trek through Route 205, we FINALLY make it to Eterna Forest and meet this nice green girl. I've been looking forward to this so much as Cheryl means that I won't have to go to the Pokemon Center 93 times in a row, which is more than great, lemme tell ya.

A Bug Catcher told me how great Bug Pokemon were. I mean, I've been frustrated a lot, but I don't think you really need to tell me how good Bugs can be looking at my team...

The first battle is a forced double battle that includes a Bug Catcher, which is good news for me, so I have to hope that Pride can handle herself, though she has Cheryl to fall back on. Just 1 Problem...

The Bug Catcher has a Beautifly.

So, that was a lost cause, so after my 5th or so attempt, I decided to grind to Level 15 to get Bug Bite, though I knew that even if I grinded to level 25, that Beautifly would be impossible to beat. I had to give up on it as Gust is a near OHKO, so there was really nothing I could do about that.

A little bit into the forest now, not 1 Bug Catcher has been soloed and Pride is already level 17. That worries me. Immensely. Luckily, after a pair of Psychics, I faced aa pair of Bug Catchers. I hoped for something not named Beautifly. The first one only had Burmies, so easy money there. 1 solo down, 9 to go. The 2nd, however, had a Dustox. sigh This won't go well... It didn't. In 2 attempts, I got extremely close, but it was clear that it was not happening. So, I grinded from 17 to 19 and tried again:
Against the Bug Catcher's Wurmple, it was an easy 2HKO and I only took 1 damage from Poison Sting. Next was Dustox. I spammed the heck out of Bug Bite while Dustox used a combination of Gust, Poison Sting, and Tackle. After a big back and forth, Pride survived the battle with just 1 HP. Next came Cascoon. Bug Bite was a 3HKO, but all it had to do was click its one attacking move out of 3 moves... Turn 1, Bug Bite VS Harden... Turn 2, Bug Bite VS String Shot miss, Turn 3 Bug Bite KOS! That took too long, but I don't care, 2 down! And that is, unfortunately, the last Bug Catcher in Eterna Forest, so I won't even have a Wormadam before the Gym it looks like.

Due to a wild battle with a Dustox...
"Pride grew to level 20!
Pride learned Hidden Power!
What? Pride is evolving!
Huh? Pride stopped evolving!"

Yeah, I'm gonna have to do that a lot...

As I continued through the last part of the forest, I narrowed down the possible type of Burmy's Hidden Power to Fire, as it was super effective on a wild Budew, not very effective on a wild Psyduck, and super effective on a Kricketot. This is really exciting as Bug Bite honetly hits like a truck and fire covers for a Steel-types, which could be important later.

After that ended my trek through Eterna Forest. TheBug Catcher battles were terrible, though the rest was pretty much fine, I guess. And Pride really held her own after getting a boost in those min-grinds, I'm actually kinda excited to see how she does.

After soloing some Fisherman, we arrive in Eterna City, and that's where we'll end it. I've realized that getting a Wormadam will be way more difficult than I initially thought, but hey, at least for now, I have a powerhouse "tank" in Burmy and the power of Bide in Kricketune. I'm surprisingly optimistic, really.

Caught:

Pride (Burmy-Sandy) (F)
Ability: Shed Skin
Level: 21
Relaxed Nature
- Protect
- Tackle
- Bug Bite
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Bug Catcher Solos: 2/10
*Beat all Kricketots, Kricketunes, Bronzors, Bronzongs, Cranidos, Rampardos, Happinies, Chanseys, Blisseys, and Tropiuses
*Solo Aaron
*Can't use non-held items (Solo future Mars battles to remove)
Move - Team Member - Learned? - Method of Learning
Bug Bite - Kricketune (Kricketot) - No - Level-Up
Sunny Day - Bronzong - No - TM11
Rain Dance - Bronzong - No - TM18
Tackle - Bronzong - Yes - Level-Up
Confusion - Bronzong - No - Level-Up
Safeguard - Bronzong - No - TM20
Endeavor - Rampardos - No - Tutor
Natural Gift - Tropius - No - TM83

After a horribly rough start, after failing the 1st solo, Pride has held her own so well, espeically against the Dustox trainer. She did need grinding to get here, but honestly, this is way more that I could've expected from a Burmy, and she almost didn't even need to be grinded up. Definitely not the cleanest run so far, but at the very least, the next Gym should be a piece of cake with Pride here.

Level: 22
Gentle Nature
- Growl
- Sing
- Fury Cutter
*Attempt to beat Bowler's Starly: (1-0)
*Holds Metronome

He did a good job preparing Pride for Eterna Forest and covering for her against the Beautifly, but after that I didn't use Cricthoven at all, as Pride nearly soloed Eterna Forest, so not much to say here.

Not Caught:

Welp, it's been awhile, but let's get this show back on the road, shall we?

After arriving in Eterna City, I do a little exploring, only yielding the TM for Recycle (which could let me bypass the non-held item restriction on Pride once I get Sitrus Berries, though it might not really be worth it) and sad reminders that I eventually have to go Underground to find Descartes (I'm gonna wait until after the gym to do all that, which will be its own part).

So, I head north when I get interrupted by Bowler once again, though he thankfully only goes on about the Pokemon statue, where we meet Cyrus spouting so philosophical stuff once again, After that, Bowler feels the need to tell me that the secret to becoming a POKEMON MASTERTM is, wait for it... To hit all of your attacks and dodge all of your opponent's attacks.

If only it was that easy...

Anyway, after that, I head west to Route 211 because I can FINALLY get Bellhop, which will make everything so much easier. In my first playthrough of Platinum, I used a Heatproof Bronzong and it still put in so much work, even if the Bronzor days were a bit hard.

Though I had, to put that off for a couple seconds, thanks to a trainer with THREE ZUBATS and Pride was thankfully able to handle for the most part, but only barely. As I headed back to the Pokemon Center, a lady with a lot of hair and black clothes named Cynthia stopped me to ramble about stuff Descartes could've told me once I got him, but she did give me the HM for Cut, so she's nice.

Anyway, after healing, I immediately headed back to Route 16 and after literally a second of searching, I found a Bronzor with Levitate! So, welcome to the team, Bellhop! Bellhop is my MVP prediction for a reason, so I can't wait to see how he (its genderless, but I'll just call it a guy) does. The only really bad thing about him is that he's the reason why I have to teach Rain Dance and Sunny Day to a future Bug/Ground-type...

I'm actually going to end this part here, as I decided to do some grinding and all there really is to do left is the gym, so see you next time! The levels below reflect the posy-grinding levels.

Caught:

Bellhop (Bronzor)
Ability: Levitate
Level: 20
Rash Nature
IVs: 31 HP / 8 Atk / 7 Def / 26 SpA / 9 SpD / 31 Spe (IVs reflect the maximum possible values they could be)
- Extrasensory
- Hypnosis
- Imprison
- Confuse Ray
*Defeat five pairs of trainers at the hotel with one of its teammates each
*Solo Fantina
*Solo Bertha

This thing is everything I've ever wanted. The bulk is great, Extrasensory does a ton of damage, Confuse Ray and Hypnosis are nice cheese options, and the typing (in Gen 4) and the ability means that thins thing will NEVER die. I can't really touch anything that resists Psychic, though Prdie handles two of the types that do (Psychic and Dark), so that's not really a problem. Bellhop will be a huge help on the journey and especially against Gardenia.

Pride (Burmy) (F)
Ability: Shed Skin
Relaxed Nature
- Protect
- Tackle
- Bug Bite
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Bug Catcher Solos: 2/10
*Beat all Kricketots, Kricketunes, Bronzors, Bronzongs, Cranidos, Rampardos, Happinies, Chanseys, Blisseys, and Tropiuses
*Solo Aaron
*Can't use non-held items (Solo future Mars battles to remove)
Move - Team Member - Learned? - Method of Learning
Bug Bite - Kricketune (Kricketot) - Yes - Level-Up
Sunny Day - Bronzong - No - TM11
Rain Dance - Bronzong - No - TM18
Tackle - Bronzong - Yes - Level-Up
Confusion - Bronzong - No - Level-Up
Safeguard - Bronzong - No - TM20
Endeavor - Rampardos - No - Tutor
Natural Gift - Tropius - No - TM83

Pride beat 2/3 Zubats from a trainer during this part, so she's pretty good. Also, I'm so glad this thing has HP Fire.

Gentle Nature
- Growl
- Sing
- Fury Cutter
*Attempt to beat Bowler's Starly: (1-0)
*Holds Metronome

All Cricthoven did this time around was take the last 1/3 of a Zubats health, so nothing to say here really.

Not Caught:

Last edited:
Ok, lets do this

Optional:

Recap

i really love how Chuckya, right after Yoshiblaze spent 5 minutes of LITERALLY doing nothing or spent even more minutes slowly clicking himself through the library, is like: "What?! Do you think THAT was a tedious waste of time? Better go down and play dem awful minigames for 10 more minutes!"

Alright, new update!

Chapter 4: Electric is Super Effective against Flying, who knew?

Ok, 2 big boxes to check off this episode: Power Plant and Lumiose Gym. Nothing else happens in between the two, so this episode is just gonna be quick and painful.
Lets get down to business
to defeat the Huns

I would complain about how Team flare has lots of dark types and yada yada, but I did that last episode so w/e. Lots of hassle, long turns, many item, such wow

Although some of the Mighteyena with Roar proved all so helpful, as they dragged Insanity in ready to solo, which saved a turn.

After defeating the admin and the scientist lady, I stock up on the cheap fresh water because why not, and head to Lumiose Gym.
I contemplated getting trivia questions wrong intentionally for XP, but with Explorer leading, there are much better places to XP grind. And besides, all of the trainers have only 1 pokemon, so no whirlwinds for Explorer.

Now we get to Clemont, and the first issue is immediate: Explorer must phase two of Clemont's pokemon. The only one that doesn't 1HKO is Emolga, and its still pretty darn close.
So Emolga uses Volt Switch, bringing Explorer down to red, and I WW the subsequent Magneton, bringing in Helioisk. Now's where things get tricky. I have to switch into Arthur and intentionally let him die, so that he doesn't switch in every time, and heal Explorer. Then, since Explorer gets 1HKOed by helioisk, I have to switch in Gulpin and use Yawn. But, since I can't run the risk of Helioisk waking up, Helioisk needs to kill Gulpin on the turn that he falls asleep. TBolt crits, which allows me to switch Explorer in and WW the asleep Helioisk. Now that Explorer has WWed the 2 pokemon he needs to, I can switch into Wall (since I just WWed), and with Wall's gr8 bulk, we whittle down Clemont's pokemon one by one. Magneton does crit and kill Wall, but is immediately KOed by Insanity.

When the dust settles, 5 of my pokemon are fainted, and Insanity has 14 hp left. but hey, it worked out! I think?

So with that, we get our 5th Badge! Ironically, the actual defeating of the gym wasn't the hard part.

Next episode has Valerie's Gym and a trainer with a Ghost type pokemon, so we can evolve King Arthur, Cookie Lover, and Insanity!

Explorer (Pidgey)
Lv 49
Timid Nature
Keen Eye
-Return
-Twister
-Whirlwind
-Fly

6 Psychic
6 Fighting
6 Poison
6 Water
6 Flying
5 Bug
5 Dark
4 Electric
4 Ground
3 Fairy
3 Normal
3 Rock
2 Fire
2 Ghost
2 Dragon
1 Grass

Unfortunately, from here until the 7th gym is where Explorer is really going to fall off. Clemont was probably the toughest fight I've had this game, as Explorer's whopping Sp. Def of 43 doesn't exactly take any hits. Welp, at least he'll have levels going for him once he evolves. Speaking of evolving, can I find some Steel and Ice trainers? yeah thatd be great.

Insanity (Spoink)
Lv 45
Naughty Nature
Own Tempo
-Psychic
-Payback
-Confuse Ray
-Power Gem

Y'know, I had my doubts about this scramblemon. But right now, Insanity is the hardest hitting pokemon I have, with a SpA of 84 only ousted by Wall's 106 Atk. Insanity, however, has better coverage by far, and speed to abuse it. I rue the day that I finish next episode, and have to teach Insanity TWave and Rain Dance. It's been a good ride.

Wall (Snorlax)
Lv 35
Adamant Nature
Immunity
-Strength
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Surf

Instead of writing another paragraph about Wall's incredible bulk or something, I'm just gonna write some numbers. Helioisk's TBolt 1HKOed Explorer, dealing over 114 Damage. Wall? He took 28. 1HKO vs 7HKO. that is all

Burniate (Litleo)
Lv 37
Jolly Nature
Unnerve
-Noble Roar
-Work Up
-Fire Fang
-Flamethrower

Another day, another episode in which Burniate has next to no usage. But hey, he has flamethrower! gimme a Lysandre fight so I have an excuse to use him

King Arthur (Honedge)
Lv 36
Impish Nature
No Guard
-Retaliate
-Gyro Ball
-Night Slash
-Swords Dance

King Arthur has probably the best overall move set out of all of my mons, but without the use of Swords Dance, he's sort of a glorified revenge killer at the moment. Great bulk tho, his Defense is greater than either of Wall's defensive stats. Too bad his SpDef is even worse than Explorer's (37)

Cookie Lover (Gulpin)
Lv 37
Quiet Nature
Sticky Hold
-Power-up Punch
-Yawn
-Return
-Infestation

Cookie Lover may not have had as much screen time as he did last episode, but he still got in some clutch yawns. High HP gives a bit of bulk, but unfortunately the rest of the stats are a bit lackluster. He does his job though and that's what matters.

Tldr: TBolt + Pidgey = OUCHIE OUCHIE OUCHIE OUCHIE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)