Finals The World Cup of Pokemon VIII - Finals [Won by Team USA East]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yea, IDM = the good players of the Pokemon Online server, just like there is about 10 good smogon players and the rest suck just like po

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Isn't it PO players that are dominating smogon tournaments atm?, Hugo won the OST, SPL and WCUP, i won spl, ctc won wcup

what have you won?
Posts like this annoy me. Mainly because, you have a trophy, ctc has a trophy, I have a trophy, and gr8 has a trophy, but it's always going to be a team effort. Not to take anything away from you guys, you're good battlers, but you can't just say PO is dominating Smogon, it's you guys flocking to Smogon for the major tournaments, not vice versa.

Smogon is the Premier League, PO tournaments are like, MLS in America. Also, you didn't win your trophy by yourself, it was those Smogon users who helped you. Just like with East, Gr8 and CTC didn't win WCoP, team East did. People boast about Yusuke a IMP guy on PO going 5-1, and that's awesome, but I see no recognition to BKC who went 5-1, Dragonuser who went 5-1, and Shakeitup who went 5-1 (good riddance).

Stop hating on people dude, I like you, I really do but it's annoying. If you wanna be funny or whatever, post logs of your conversations with Asia, that's entertaining. You raging at people and not giving anyone but your friends credit is kinda lame. Hugo is my bro and is one of the better strategists for BW2, but he wouldn't of won SPL without his team, and in wcop, he was as important to his team as we are to him. CTC I always valued his BW2 knowledge as well, he talks even more then you do, but still a loveable guy.

GR8 didn't dominate WCoP, CTC didn't dominate WCoP, East won WCoP. You didn't dominate spl, gr8 didn't dominate SPL, your team did.

You just happened to be on the right team at the right time.

Ugh, I hate going lecture mode. But damn, trying to avoid this topic turning to shit.

Last edited:

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
US BEAST

First of all, congratulations to Asia for making it to the finals, you guys were great opponents. I'd also like to give a huge shout out to France, you guys were really amazing opponents and on another day I truly believe that you guys would be the one with this trophy.

Ok so time for real shoutouts:
Lizardman: I always said that if I ever got a trophy, you would be the first person I thanked. You have helped me so much in this game, whether it is sending me a fuckton of ADV/DPP teams (lol i think i have like 100+ from you) or just generally testing with me and helping me become a better player in general. You are really a fantastic player, but you just need to have more confidence/time during wcop :[. Oh yea, not to mention that you really know how to lighten the mood and keep everyone happy in the channel and you are easily one of my best friends on this site.

BKC: I feel like I really got to know you after last year's Wcop and you had quickly became one of my best friends on Smogon. Aside from your weird fetish for my imaginary sisters, you're a great guy and you wreck at this game. Meeting people like you is the reason Wcop is my favorite tournament and you better head down to virginia before the summer ends so we can meet up.

Peachy: One of my really old friends from serebii and a fantastic player. Kinda sad that you didn't want to start for most of Wcop, but you clutched when needed so hu cares. Although you're pretty quiet in eastlogs, you're incredibly helpful when you do talk and are always willing to help test and build teams with people. Just a tad bit worried about you because it seems like Lizardman knows where you live...

ShakeItUp: This man is 15-1 in official tournaments, what a beast.
[20:28:03] <&gr8astard> chance of him losing = chance of getting a crit
I mean talk about the ShakeItUp luck LOL. I'm still in shock that no one has cteamed you yet, you literally only use HO lol....
Anyways, aside from your incredible luck, you're still a pretty great player and a nice user who is always willing to test and build teams with people.

Gr8astard: People give you way too much shit for OST, I mean you still have 2 other completely legit trophies and that's better than like 99% of this site lol. I know you really don't care about other peoples shit talking, but I really don't want you to take any of it to heart as you were really one of the core members of our team and your 3-3 record doesn't do you justice at all. You were always building tons of teams and always willing to test, and always willing to help another person out with building if they were having trouble. I know I never felt confident for a match this Wcop unless I had you check over my team and give me any suggestions, and I'm sure tons of other players on our team feel the exact same way man. You fucking wreck at this game, and I hope to see you back in Gen 6.

CTC: Man this nigga is so different on irc and skype than he is on the forums. He is easily one of our clutchest players and one of the best teammates any person could ask for. He is always building, always willing to test, and is always willing to help another person out if they are having trouble. You're also a fantastic player, accounting for so many different end game scenarios and always managing to find a way to victory. Regardless of what people say, you really deserve this trophy.

August: Man you are such a fun guy to be around lol. A great player who has incredibly creative teams (fucking RP ttar ftw) and also a great taste in women ;]]]]. Man you have to get back with ellen so we can all come to the wedding....otherwise I'm worried SIU will never be able to say anything more than "Lol." to a girl. Don't worry about your bad luck in playoffs man, you're a great player and were a huge part of the reason we won this season. Oh and nice job finally getting that playoff win ;o

Bad Ass: I have always considered you a fantastic player, and you always continue to exceed my expectations with your playing. Man I still remember your game vs Meridian where we all thought you would be flat out 6-0'd, but somehow played your way out of it and managed to win. You're a fantastic team presence and a fun guy to be around.

Tobes: I've always been sad that we could never get you in for an actual match because you are always building and testing like crazy. You're a great player and really nice guy to just talk to. Its always a pleasure being on a team with you.

Jayde: Gayde regardless of how much shit we gave you this wcop, you're actually not a terrible player (maybe). Lol but seriously, you were incredibly active this season and were always a fun guy to talk to. I really hope you stick around for next wcop.

IFM: Great guy to talk to and a solid player. Wish you were on IRC a bit more this season, but I'm glad we could finally get you a trophy.

Stone_Cold22: While you weren't around as much this season for personal reasons, you still were your usual boss self. You always knew how to raise our morale, and always knew how to loosen the mood in test matches (mantine ftw). I'm glad we could finally get you a trophy, as you really deserve it. Oh yea, thanks for picking me up last year :]

Nails: Legit so helpful and one of my favorite people on east. You're always willing to help test and build, and always know how to lighten the mood when needed. PLEASE GET THIS MAN A TROPHY.

yondie: Another one of my best friends on east. While you don't really play anymore, you are always willing to give whatever advice you have and are always active, keeping our chat fun and lively. I really think you are one of the main people I need to thank for ever getting this far (aside from lamp/lizard/peachy/stone) and am really glad that I got the chance to meet you. Oh yeah, lets go wreck in SPL next season :]

Lamppost: My old tutor and really good friend. I'm pretty sad that LoL has taken over your life and you no longer play Pokemon anymore :'(
Regardless, you're a great guy and I'm glad to see you with a trophy after all the work you put in, in previous years.

PDC: Awesome guy who is incredibly active with testing and building. If anything you were our 9th man for most of the tournament, always incredibly helpful and always able to lighten the mood. Sad that you didn't fit on the roster this year :[|]

uragg: 8========D

Andrew/Dittocrow/Fabbles: Always nice to see old east guys hanging around and talking. I want to thank you for helping to keep our chat always active, and helping where you could.

I also really just want to extend a big thank you to the entire East team as a whole. If it weren't for you guys I definitely wouldn't still be playing this game and you guys definitely make Wcop my favorite tournament here on Smogon. You guys are literally the best team anyone could ask for and are always a pleasure to be around.

Last edited:

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
congratulations team east, it was on honor to have you guys don my flag in this tour, #based as fuck

congratulations to asia as well for making it this far

dice i think its time to rmt that hotty landorus team seeing as its one of the best bw2 teams out there...

really proud of my boys for pulling through, it was great to be a part of the team this season

shoutouts:

august: really chill guy who I enjoyed meeting and talking to this season. you're great at mons as well as regularly fucking your exes. happy you finally got that blue trophy after being on smogon for so many years, you definitely deserve it.

bad ass: cunt who kinda sucks etc

bkc: gotten to know you pretty well in spl as well as wcop, you're one of the the nicest guys I know and one of the most fun teammates I've ever had. I'm glad you got to deal Asia the finishing blow this wcop. you're a pretty great player, although the same can't be said for your taste in music :{|}. also looks like zac efron

ctc: not gonna lie, you got on my nerves a lot by never failing to call me garbage whenever the chance arose. it's always a counterteam :{|}. even so, you were definitely one of the best players and builders we had this year and can potentially be a chill guy when we talk about things besides pokemon, pretty interesting in calls

dragonuser: good player and builder as well as pretty nice guy, (kind of a cunt actually) you're basically everything one could hope for in a teammate. you were constantly online and testing as well as building, and you really deserve this trophy. always nice to have fellow indians on the team (flex). we also dealt with issues pretty well early in the season

gr8astard: one of our best players and builders, you were an amazing find for the team this season. you get a lot more shit than you really deserve from everyone in this community, but what you've achieved on smogon in such a short time speaks for itself. also a chill guy to talk to

ifm: though you didn't play much this year, you've been valuable for the team in previous years and really deserve this trophy as well

Lamppost: you seem cool, but please stop letting LoL ruin your life. it was also kind of annoying how you lost all 5 playoff games you ghosted

LizardMan: the true champion of east. you're one of the funniest people I know as well as one of the nicest, it was great being around you as you are truly unique. I hope you'll be back next wcop for some more great playing and, more importantly, a new lizbin.

LuckItUp: probably won't have to get a job when he grows up, he'll just win mega millions a bunch of times and chill in his south beach mansion

Nails: fuck Nails <3

PDC: honestly one of the most useful people in the chan. though you weren't on the roster, you constantly built and tested to help our players and deserve this trophy as much as any of us. your teams were pretty innovative and awesome as well

Peachy: didn't interact with you much but you're one of the most proven battlers on the team, and you got an opportunity in the finals to prove that you're still one of the best. you'd better give lizardman a blowjob sometime

Stone_Cold: probably one of the most chill people on this site, sad that we didn't get to meet up while you were in the area. it's thanks to you that I even got the opportunity to be on this roster, so thanks a lot for that

Tobes: cool guy who I wish I saw more of. the teams that you did build were really solid, and I hope you return next year for another go.

yondie: ah, yondie. even though we both gave each other a lot of crap this season we're pretty tight, you're a fun guy to talk to on a wide range of subjects and got me into some anime, which I've hated for years (still hate most of it). hopefully you will return to mons for gen 6.

others:

Folgorio: begged me to shout him out, is really from Mexico

PttP: thanks for losing man

Harsha: my #1 fan :)

tab: tab n_n

Thanks to everyone for a wonderful run, we'll be back next season to defend our title!

Last edited:
US BEAST!!!!!!!!

It's been a long road to get here, but finally, we are champions :]
I suppose it's time for an obligatory shoutout post, so here we go. My journey started in SPL 3, where for some unknown reason I got bought for 14K lol....After starting on the bench and then proceeding to play only 2 games before getting benched again, my team made the semifinals, where we subsequently lost. World Cup was the same story, except this time I did not get to play a single game (damn I suck :< ), even though my team made it to the finals. I had some hopes for SPL 4, but that all changed when I did not get drafted...until MoP changed his pick to me. The rest is history. After going 15-1 since the start of SPL and finally getting a trophy, I will have to say that I am pretty pleased ;) GGs to the other teams in World Cup; it's been real. However, US BEAST was just unstoppable this year #16-5playoffs

SHOUTOUTS:
First some quick SPL shoutouts:
Fabbles: Thanks for letting the sharks change their pick :)
The Chaser: I have no idea who you are but why you gonna hate and reject MoP from picking me :< SMH
JabbaTheGriffin, Limitless, little_gk: Joining da hatewagon w/ The Chaser :< SMH
LonelyNess, kd24, yondie, Atticus, Lamppost: Way to step it up guys :D
MoP, pana, Phil, makiri: Thanks for changing your pick to me bros ;)
Sharks: Fun season guys. It was a shame we couldn't win, but I DID MY BEST, I HAVE NO REGRETS.

Now it's time for the important stuff: WORLD CUP

#Rarelyused: best IRC channel ever imo. thanks for supportin US BEAST ;)
Multi: Thanks for lettin' me use your old PurpleSurge nick; it's lucky as fuck ;)
D4RR3N: I got dat trophy ;O Now win one kthx
Babies: My one regret from WCOP is that I didn't get to play w/ you again like back in PSurge :< Maybe another time bro. Sorry I left Asia but I had to do it :<
Honus: BOSS FLAG

Cheerleaders / helpers:
Andrew, sirndpt, Fabbles, Nails, PDC_: Thanks for the support guys. Also, thanks to Nails for helping with teams and for starting Rarelyused ;o Please give him a trophy :< Also thanks PDC_ for constantly building teams and helping, gj bro.
Crow: Now we each have a trophy :D Shame you couldn't be on the team, but it's all good. It's always nice to have you around bro ;)
jason: You don't deserve most of the shit you get tbh. You can actually be a solid teambuilder when you try, and it's cool having someone you know IRL helping you :D keep on playin' nigga. One day you'll win a trophy too. Also, thanks for dat awesome team I beat Cicada with; it's my favorite one :eek:

THE TEAM:

august: Amazing player who's also super creative :D Glad we could win one together after we didn't during SPL. Your 2 losses in the playoffs were due to hax, so don't worry about them (you took all the luck for us anyway, so it's all good :D ) GJ gettin' dat playoff win vs. Dice tho. Enjoy trophy #2 and gl in Grand Slam :)

badass: Even though you started out 1-2, you turned your game up for the playoffs and clutched 2 wins despite having bad matchups. Great player and fun teammate :) Also, nice shoutout post bro. Next time, I'll try contributing more :<

BKC: This man 6-0'd two people in World Cup in stall vs. stall matchups. What more needs to be said? You went 3-0 in the playoffs and got us some clutch wins. Even though you sometimes get mad about my arrogance about my luck, you're a cool dude :p Enjoy life now that you're back in America ;)

CTC: This nigga shit talks more than me; it's ridiculous SMH. This man just steals Hugo's teams and calls them his own. bs imo ;) But on a serious note, this nigga is actually pretty cool and a lot less of a (BAN ME PLEASE) than I thought he was back in SPL. After you haxed WhiteQueen, I remember you were talking sooo much shit LOL It's ok though, I do that shit all the time. Great teambuilder and great battler, even though I'm obviously better with my 15-1 record. You always help niggas out with teams and testing. Also, thanks for the Conkeldurr + Reuniclus team I used vs. Fakes :) Great teammate :] IDM 4 lyfe ;o

dragonuser: Great teammate. You always help the team in whatever ways you can, whether it being through testing or battling. Great person to have on the team :D You also went 5-1 along with me and BKC to help East demolish the competition ;o

gr8astard: 3 trophies in less than a year. This man is way too good LOL! I'm glad you convinced me to join east, since this was an amazing World Cup :] After I helped the WolfPack win after the sharks lost, I wanted to be on a team with you, and I'm glad I got the chance. You are the best teambuilder I have ever seen. It's ridiculous. Not only that, but having you to check over our teams is a real luxury. No matter what people say about your OST win, they cannot dispute that you immensely helped your teams in SPL and WCOP, and that it would be very hard to win without you. PO > Smogon

IFM: Solid player and I'm glad you got to become a frontier brain. It's a shame you didn't get to play, but it's all good. Glad to see you get a trophy :)

Jayde: Even though you get hated on a lot, you're a solid player. Just keep playing and winning trophies and eventually the niggas will have to respect you :eek:

Lamppost: Even though we didn't talk that much, it's nice to see you finally get a trophy :] Nice job last year in the tiebreak btw ;)

Lizardman: SPL 3, World Cup VII, SPL 4, POWC, World Cup VIII. Finally we were able to win a trophy together xD Great player and amazing teambuilder, no matter if its ADV, DPP, or BW. You also definitely make the chat more interesting xD

Peachy: You're very helpful when you talk in the channel, and I'm glad that you got the chance to start in the finals. Clutching a win in the finals and putting us up 2-0 was huge, so great job for that.

Stone_Cold22: Thanks for letting me start and for putting up with my shit talk, even though I know that you hate it :< I tried to scale it down after that France fiasco, and I think I did a decent job ;) Also, you use the weirdest stuff in test matches lol. Even though I have haxed you countless times, you still manage to beat me sometimes with super weird stuff smh. Even your tutees have beaten me in tutee tournaments smh. Glad to see the man who revived East finally get dat blue trophy :)

Tobes: It's a shame that you didn't get to play a match this year since you always tried to help the team with building and testing. Your Heatran set was our MVP last year though, and BKC clearly used sun vs Yusuke in your honor ;o It's nice to see you get a trophy in addition to that Super Moderator badge :O

yondie: My fellow New York Giants fan. You're always active in the channel, and it's always nice to have someone remind me about my luck :p Even though you don't really play anymore, it's fun to have you as a teammate :)

All in all, I'm glad that I decided to play on east again. It's been a super fun season, and I'm glad that we are able to come away with coveted pixels by the end of it.
US BEAST IS HERE TO STAY

Last edited:
grats to all the Team East, you guys have had a excellent performance the last two years and that's not joke, since the start watching your team you were one of the strongest teams of the tourney, and you really showed it.

shoutouts too to Asia team, you guys had also a great team and made a great run!! specially to my puppy MoP, and other good friends like Dice and Luck or blarajan

enjoy your blue trophy guys :) gr8 player of the year??

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
I just want to offer my congrats to this East team. Very well deserved. As a former captain of East some years ago, if you told me East would win it within the next 3-4 years, I would have laughed at you. I honestly thought we would never win, that is unless Metro/East became one team (the East team at one point was so dire I offered this proposition to Jackal, who thankfully thought better of it). Full credit to Stone, of course. Without him, East as we know it wouldn't exist. It was a pleasure getting to know all of the new faces in East this year, and I look forward to doing it all again.

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
SHOUTOUTS:
First some quick SPL shoutouts:
Fabbles: Thanks for letting the sharks change their pick :)
The Chaser: I have no idea who you are but why you gonna hate and reject MoP from picking me :< SMH
JabbaTheGriffin, Limitless, little_gk: Joining da hatewagon w/ The Chaser :< SMH
LonelyNess, kd24, yondie, Atticus, Lamppost: Way to step it up guys :D
MoP, pana, Phil, makiri: Thanks for changing your pick to me bros ;)
Sharks: Fun season guys. It was a shame we couldn't win, but I DID MY BEST, I HAVE NO REGRETS.
Who dfuk dis nigga think he is?
There's a time and place for everything

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)