SM OU This is the first weather based team I've made I would love some pointers/changes I could make to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team was originally built to be based around Alolan Ninetales:

Incineroar (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Atk / 60 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brick Break
- Darkest Lariat
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

The Incineroar set is run with Brick Break to break opponent's screens, Darkest Lariat for dark stab, Flare Blitz for fire stab, and U-Turn for pivoting. I'm running an Assault Vest on him so that he live through some strong hits. The EV spread I'm running is max hp, 196 atk, and 60 spd just to I have a good amount of bulk and large amount of attack when I use my stab moves.

Kommo-o (M) @ Kommonium Z
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Close Combat
- Dragon Dance
- Poison Jab

This moveset has Clanging Scales for dragon stab, Close Combat for fighting stab, Dragon Dance to set up atk and spe, and Poison Jab for pesky fairy types. The item it's holding is Kommonium-Z which works with Clanging Scales and gives an omni boost to Kommo-O once used. I'm running max atk, max spe, and a little spa since Kommo-O has two physical attacks and one special attack and the speed is needed so that it can use Poison Jab on fairy types if needed to.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 16 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

The moves on this Lando-T are EQ for ground stab, Smack Down for ice types as well as Zapdos which would fall down and then can be hit by HQ for super effectiveness, Stealth Rock since you need rocks, and U-Turn for pivot. I'm running Rocky Helmet on this since it's run on most Lando-Ts and I feel like with this set it's a good fit. Okay so the EVs on this set I didn't set they were sent to me by EMVEE so I don't know how they are beneficial to Lando-T.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Rain Dance
- Surf
- Tail Glow

This Manaphy is running Psychic for Pokemon which resist Surf, Rain Dance for Hydration, Surf for water stab, and Tail Glow to raise spa. It's holding Leftys so that it can have some incremental health regen. The EVs are max spa, max spe, and a little in special def so that it can outspeed other Pokemon and once it's gotten a few Tail Glows up then the opponent will almost always die.

Ninetales-Alola (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aurora Veil
- Blizzard
- Moonblast
- Protect

The set on this Ninetales is Aurora Veil for the damage reduction, Blizzard for ice stab and it cannot miss with hail which Ninetales sets up, Moonblast for fairy stab, and Protect so that it can scout out for steel type moves potentially. It's holding Light Clay so that Aurora Veil lasts eight turns. I'm running max spe, max spa, and a little special bulk so that it can hit with stab quickly and hopefully live at least one hit in return.

Sandslash-Alola (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

The Sandslash set is EQ for fire types which it is quad weak to, Icicle Crash for ice stab, Iron Head for steel stab, and Rapid Spin to get rid of hazards. Sandslash is also running Slush Rush so that it can potentially outspeed opponents which it's weak to with it's boosted double speed. The EV spread is max atk, max spe, and a little special bulk it's running max spe so that once it's in hail it'll be doubled making it much faster and max atk for the physical hits.

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hi - I'm locking your RMT for the time being since you're only allowed to post one team every two weeks. This is stated in the forum rules. I'll reopen this thread on Nov 24th upon request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)