SM OU [ Top 3 2073 ELO Peak] A Bad Team for Bad Players

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Ho3nConfirm3d proudly presents a bad team for bad players like myself.

Pokepaste:
https://pokepast.es/466f7c709dcb2934

Importable:
Code:
Magearna @ Electrium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang

Landorus-Therian @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Explosion

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Earthquake

Kartana @ Chople Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 19 Atk
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off
Proof of peak:
Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 10.08.36 PM.png

>when you're a point away for 2nd
>when you have a GXE less than 83%

Anyways, heres the team. It has an odd appeal to it, and picks up on a few trends that I believe are working well in OU at the moment.

Steel/Fairy #1:
Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 11.13.15 PM.png

"Are you sure he will like me more if I put this on?"

Magearna @ Electrium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Trick Room Mag works as the glue for this entire team. It helps Timid Kart and Ash Gren to control faster speed tiers, as well as hit hard on everything that isn't Chansey or a Water/Ground type. The steel/fighting/electric coverage helps cover offensive holes, and Electrium Z is the extra fire power it needs to roll with its sweep.

Electrium Z truly is the best Z move option for Mag. It gives some of the best coverage for a high BP attack, and allows you not to be walled by Toxapex. Fightium Z has its perks, but to me the real advantage there is to just have an accurate fighting type attack. Furthermore, mons like Heatran and AssVest Mag can be picked off by Gigavolt Havoc with the right support. Fairum Z is the strongest Z move and allows you to hit neutrally but hard on Mega Swampert, Mew, Tangrowth, and more. Yet still, for this team, Flash Cannon tends to do be a decent substitute for a STAB.

Ultimately, Magearna offensively supports the other team, and is a great win condition to keep alive versus faster, offensive teams, as all it needs is those 4 turns of Trick Room to sweep. And thats the question that you should be banking on; how am I going to sweep in those 4 turns? It isn't hard to set your sites on whittling the opposing team down so Mag can sweep in a limited amount of turns. In comparison, Shift Gear sets sacrifice balk for speed, and are susceptible to speed checks like Sticky Webs, fast scarfers, and abilities like Unburden or Swift Swim. It is so reassuring knowing that your Mag can set up win the face of Unburden Hawlucha or Scarf Gren, knowing that you don't have to worry about most speed checks.

There is little debating that Z Move Trick Room Mag is a threat, and it supports the rest of the team with both its coverage and speed control.

Steel/Fairy #2:
c16.gif
1530156148923.png

"I posted it so you wouldn't have to!"

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang

It was never my attention to have two Steel/Fairy types on one team. Seriously, it was a pain team building making sure I had enough Fire and Ground switch ins to handle it all. Not to mention I have a third Steel type with Kartana, but the point isn't the typing synergy, its the raw power.

Mega Mawile is is just a monster; an unparalleled wall breaker. I've tried others, like Icium Z Kyruem-Black, but none are as satisfying as as SD Mega Mawile. SD and Sucker Punch just push it to the edge, at +2 and rocks the number of mons that can switch in is microscopic

But furthermore its the balk here that I think is taken for granted. Being able to take the extra hits is great, and a big surprise if the opponent doesn't expect it. It also allows you to be slower, which is where the synergy with Mag comes in. Sometimes Mag won't be able to sweep with trick room, but and the missing fairy and fire attacks come from Mawile.

The goal for Mega Mawhile isn't always meant to sweep or break walls, as sometimes just getting the trade off with one vital mon the opponent has is more than enough. It is imperative to adapt as the game progresses and figure out what your win con is. Then, you can seriously sack Mawhile for the Intimidate drop or SP chip. At that point, when you know how to win, be opportunistic and go for it.

This team is all about being opportunistic and knowing how to win. To me, it is easy to see how Soul Heart or Beast Boost stat raises or whatever can snowball out of control in my favor. Find your win con, and try not to lose it.

The Lead:
1530153926279.png

Landorus-Therian @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Explosion

This version of lead Lando started to get popular in the past month or so, and works well as either gaining early momentum and breaking walls. Sash Lando had earlier variants like with Imprison to prevent rocks, and HP ice or fire as bait, but we have a real killer here with SD and Explosion. Explosion and Earthquake provides decent enough coverage, and sure some things will still resit this, but a the least here you can get to +2 or even +4, and nothing appreciates and explosion that powerful.
This set is NOT a dedicated lead. Every so often you will find a better opportunity to use Lando as a check to say Zygarde or Hawlucha, and the -1 from Intimidate can even stack with Mawile's if desperate.
Let me break it down with last months 1695 OU Lead usuage:

| 1 | Landorus-Therian | 13.98909% | 314128 | 8.348% | > Set up rocks and try to explode.
| 2 | Tapu Koko | 7.36434% | 175411 | 4.662% | > Set up rocks and try to explode.
| 3 | Greninja | 4.49866% | 100734 | 2.677% | > Switch out.
| 4 | Sableye-Mega | 4.08574% | 77909 | 2.070% | > Switch out.
| 5 | Tapu Lele | 2.86737% | 47625 | 1.266% | > Set up rocks and try to explode.
| 6 | Clefable | 2.85860% | 47712 | 1.268% | > Set up rocks, Swords Dance, and try to explode.
| 7 | Pelipper | 2.58711% | 77030 | 2.047% | > Use your judgement if you value rocks or shaving 70% of full phys def sets.
| 8 | Tornadus-Therian | 2.52213% | 31699 | 0.842% | >Explode.
| 9 | Heatran | 2.46124% | 76432 | 2.031% | > Set up rocks and try to explode.
| 10 | Medicham-Mega | 2.42394% | 43597 | 1.159% | > Switch out
| 11 | Greninja-Ash | 1.96837% | 65814 | 1.749% | > Set up rocks and try to explode.
| 12 | Ferrothorn | 1.85865% | 117633 | 3.126% | > Set up rocks, Swords Dance, and try to explode.
| 13 | Excadrill | 1.52529% | 46020 | 1.223% | > EQ twice. Then, set up rocks and try to explode.
| 14 | Diancie-Mega | 1.45272% | 34364 | 0.913% | >EQ.
| 15 | Magearna | 1.42943% | 33240 | 0.883% | > Set up rocks and try to explode.
| 16 | Charizard-Mega-Y | 1.35770% | 39774 | 1.057% | >Switch out.
| 17 | Zapdos | 1.32424% | 41337 | 1.099% | > Set up rocks, Swords Dance, and try to explode.
| 18 | Rotom-Wash | 1.29354% | 63949 | 1.699% | > Set up rocks and try to explode.
| 19 | Mew | 1.25550% | 35090 | 0.933% | > Set up rocks, Swords Dance, and try to explode.
| 20 | Keldeo | 1.24426% | 21855 | 0.581% | > Set up rocks, Swords Dance, and try to explode.

Of the past months top 20 leads, I'd say roughly 12 of them give you winning odds for getting up your rocks and following up with explosion. This of course isn't perfect, and Pokemon is not a game that deals in absolutes, but its a nice estimate as to testify how lead Lando can fulfill its roll as a lead.

Ash Gren:
35480845_459650194488294_4177359447779180544_n.jpg

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse

Do I have to explain this set? It's 2018. Yes, it's the current year. Wow.
Anyways, suicide Lando helps bring down pretty much anything to a point where Ash Gren can snag a KO and get its Battle Bond change. 4
U-Turn is preferred over Spikes, per say, only because I enjoy scouting with it and dealing with the consequences if I predicted wrong, rather than dealing with the repercussions of predicting wrong with Spikes. Miss predictions with Spikes can leave Gren wide open, where as U-Turn at least gives me the control to switch something in. Not always the best option, but it's my preferred poison.

Borderline Bullshit:
222089 - Latias Latios Porkyman.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 11.57.03 PM.png

>Giving a mon with a 217 attack stat EQ when you could really use a Defog user

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Earthquake

Scarf Lati is a ton of fun and fits nicely on the team. The base 110 speed stat is competitive, but scarf allows to you to come in and check a ton of sweepers.
Psyshock is used over Psyschic just to help your other special attackers out, and Trick is one of the most rewarding moves if you catch a Chansey, AssVest Mag, or the like.

EQ is ran over defog merely because I like the option to hit Heatran and AssVest Mag a bit harder. It also has a decent match up against others checks. Defog just isn't that important, and I value my rocks being up at the cost of my opponent having hazards. Besides, Scarf Lati itself has the option to check Swticky Webs teams, and theres always TR Mag to rely on.

Borderline Bullshit Two: Timid Kartana Boogaloo
1530158698638.jpg

Kartana @ Chople Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 19 Atk
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

So this is like the third RMT I've had with Timid Kartana. LOL! Its good guise!!1!!!1!!! xD StOp calling me a memer oWo

I've talked about Timid Kart a lot, with perks like how Scarf Lando fails to 2HKO so you can SD and get the KO and full health. I won't go into that again.

Chople Berry is the new item this time around. It allows you to set up on Bulu, Scarf Kartana, and even lets you survive a Mega Medicham's HJK if needed. Its a cool item, but don't try Occa Berry as most fire type attacks will still 1HKO.

So, to reiterate:

I think this team is awful. Seriously, I've had more fun and creative teams I've made these past months do very well that I like a lot better. I've had a fun Veil team, a TR squad, even a team with endure Hitmonlee got me to the 1950's.

Sadly, this is the only team that got me high enough I believe is worth posting.

Try it out, let me know if you like it, and suggest any improvements in the comments!

Replays (Opponent's ELO):
Vs Viel HO (1977 ELO): https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-768484714
Vs "I do ok" (1934 ELO): https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-768490757
Vs "I don't reply" (1922 ELO): https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-768484714
Vs Semi Stall (1868 ELO): https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-768479512
Vs Webs (1836 ELO) :https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-768482747
Vs Some honest bullshit idk (1796 ELO): https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-768481421

Attachments

Wow! Nice team. I love all team which is built with lots of steel mons. The timid Kart impressed me at the first glare, I haven't thought about this before. However, I see that volcarona will 6-0 this team, after a dance it is unstoppable sweeper. Even gren water shuriken cant stop volcarona (252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Water Shuriken (20 BP) (3 hits) vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Volcarona: 216-258 (69.4 - 82.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO). But today volcarona isnt popular anymore so dont worry about this much. Anyway, good team.

HCJB

Banned deucer.
This team is all over the ladder right now still, I've had to fight it four times on separate accounts in the last half and hour! I don't have any feedback, it's a solid and menacing team - just wanted to say congrats seeing as its effects are still being felt over a month on.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)