Twilight

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
this is particularly for nocs because talking at nights in ocs is legal normally, though still kinda applies to voting.

I think twilight should be permanently enabled. If someone is hammered in a noc with the hammer mechanic, discussion (not vote changes) should be allowed until the host gets on to call deadline. players are not responsible for keeping track of votes (and fake hammering is a thing), and it means there is no more subjectivity in whether or not certain things are allowed.

this also applies to non-hammer deadlines. I see late votes being an issue almost every noc on here. if someone's click is 2 minutes faster that's plenty of time to vote, not to mention the subjectivity over what votes to count. by making the deadline "when host posts calling it" for both hammer twilight and day end voting, this removes all subjectivity for what should and shouldn't count. sure, if a mods a minute or two late there's a bit extra time, but that's fair to everyone and doesn't advantage an individual any more than having deadlines at a certain time does regardless. I'd argue mods should always set deadlines for a time they can at least be on to call it, but if an emergency or something unexpected comes up just ask someone not itg to call it. having a co-host is great for this purpose, as are the many circus mods.

what I am saying: posting in nocs should be legal until host calls it (usually with a bolded "DEADLINE"). votes should count up until that post. small scale it might hurt an occasional player but big scale it makes circus more competitive and less subjective. no more arguing over a vote, no more confusion over a post past deadline, etc.

this could also apply to ocs for voting. for example: I just saw in Wayne a dl be called and sam saying "all votes except x count". idk the situation, but like, stuff like that is unnecessary. if it swings the lynch that's players fault for not voting earlier. it certainly can't be PLANNED because you can't plan for a host to be late (lol). ocs are not my area though so I'll focus this more on nocs.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Personally I always thought that NOCs should allow discussion during night, period. It seems weird that people wouldn't be able to talk during the night (I mean I get why from a 'flavor' perspective, and I am aware it's the norm on other sites), but I am not a huge fan of NOCs in general so take this with a grain of salt.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
noc nights are more just "action submitting periods" than true nights. unicycle nocs are bleh because the flip matters so much (Hitmonleet and internet cough cough), all info is available to everyone and usually there's not much info.

for a point of reference, Ms does 14 days/2 days as the standard. smogon usually does 48-96/12-24. I much prefer ms length but that's not something viable on here so doesn't matter. the point is, nights are short, and it gives time for the mafia and hypothetical masons/cults/whatever to talk which is a major point.

nocs allowing discussion at night just helps the mafia decide who to kill, because nocs are usually not role madness and town has to rely a lot more on scum hunting. plus, townies have to sleep =p mafia was an irl game and that was the concept of it, so ya, flavor wise it's really important too.

i didnt realize this wasn't already a thing. hosts should always be reasonable in their hosting and in a NOC where stealth lynching is really not going to happen, it doesn't make sense to be super authoritarian regarding deadlines. being reasonable and flexible is v. important as a host and this is exactly the sort of situation where it doesn't hurt anyone to allow supposed "late" votes

i don't really like posting during nights, it moves the game away from the actual "mafia the game" aspect which is what NOC is trying to emulate anyways. probably buffs the village allowing night talk since it allows for easier coordination of actions (but then again NOCs where action coordination is a thing is pretty lame i m o anyways). at the end of the day it's an option that is there if a host chooses to allow it,

the oc point is a bit icky mainly because there's some issues regarding stealth lynching and what is considered "fair" and w/e. i was planning on posting a thread regarding stealthing but i've been quite lazy/not here but that would probably be a good discussion on another day (and a discussion i think we need to have eventually since it's a tiring topic whenever it comes up)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)