Other Metagames [Ultimate Z] Titan Webs

[Ultimate Z] Titan Webs

Ultimate Z! A metagame where coverage is as powerful as STAB Draco Meteor, STAB moves OHKO, full heals are plentiful, Pokemon get bad cases of 5 moveslot syndrome, Hidden Power is unseated by much stronger coverage, and Knock Off doesn't work. If you don't know what Ultimate Z is, check out http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ultimate-z.3609393/. Basically, any Pokemon can hold a Z-Crystal that doesn't necessarily share a type with any of its moves. That Z-Crystal applies to all that mon's status moves (so a Volcarona holding Groundium Z can do Z-Quiver Dance and Z-Roost, for example), and it can be applied to any of that mon's attacks to make a Z-Move with that attack's Z-Power but the Z-Crystal's type (so that Volcarona holding Groundium Z can turn its Fire Blast into a Tectonic Rage with 185 BP and its Giga Drain into a Tectonic Rage with 140 BP). Pokemon-exclusive Z-Crystals work only for that mon and will buff only that signature attack, but still apply to all its status moves (so a Mew with Mewnium Z can do Z-Heal Bell and Z-Me First, but it needs Psychic in order to Genesis Supernova, and it can't turn Flamethrower into Shattered Psyche).

In practice, since nearly everything holds Z-Crystals, Knock Off is nerfed into becoming worse than Night Slash, Trick and Switcheroo become speed-buffing Z-moves only, and Taunt and Encore (and Torment) have pretty useless effects and get outclassed by moves with just-as-good Z-effects but better normal effects such as Screech and Yawn. Breaking defensive walls becomes a contest of offensive stat boosts, Z-attacks, weather-related boosts, terrain-related boosts, critical hits, Toxic, and Sacred Sword vs. defensive stat boosts, Z-Haze, Z-Psych Up, Z-Heal Bell, Z-Aromatherapy, Z-Refresh, phazing moves, Clear Smog, more Z-attacks, and more Toxic.

This is the Ultimate Z team I've had the most success with--I got to 1506 on the Oct. 2017 OMotM Ultimate Z ladder on one point, though it was with my main account where I also test other teams--but there's likely some places where it can be changed for the better.

This team is somewhat forgiving if you misplay, and it capitalizes on opposing misplays pretty well. It's harder to pilot than you may think, though.

The nicknames are all of Attack On Titan characters because I like that manga, and these mons hit hard enough to earn their nicknames. Beware--if you don't want to be exposed to major Attack On Titan spoilers, don't read the "Why ____?" sections.

Teambuilding Process

From my previous experience playing with Webs teams in Ultimate Z (even Yanmega can tear holes in teams with Webs support, I've found), I wanted to construct a Lele Webs Ultimate Z team. With 130 base special attack and Psychic Surge boosting her STAB, Tapu Lele is quite possibly the biggest, baddest wallbreaker in the entire meta. Unlike Tapu Koko, it/she can reliably OHKO mons immune to her Terrain STAB (such as Greninja-Ash and Persian-Alola), and unlike Tapu Bulu, it/she hits the fine base 95 speed tier.

Shuckle is quite possibly the best Webs lead in Ultimate Z. It's bulky enough to set up Sticky Web and Stealth Rock against much of the meta. It gets up Webs at worst against offensive leads, and unlike Smeargle, it can use an item other than Focus Sash. I initially used a Z-Crystal on Shuckle, but I switched it to Red Card to force out fast leads like Tapu Koko and force them to switch into Webs.

I normally like priority on my teams in order to revenge kill boosted sweepers, but I can't depend on priority when I pack my own Tapu Lele. Mimikyu is a pretty good emergency revenge killer who often doesn't care how many speed boosts the opponent has, and it even has priority to boot.

I figured I needed a Defiant or Contrary Pokemon to deter Defog (Mimikyu spinblocks). While Bisharp is normally my go-to Defiant mon, it's neutered when my own Lele's Psychic Terrain blocks its Sucker Punch. Serperior suddenly isn't so good when everything can break its Sub with a Z-attack and a lot more mons can bird spam, so I picked Thundurus. Outspeeding the base 110 speed tier helps.

I needed a Rapid Spinner at this point (Defog removes my own Webs), and Excadrill is one of the best Spinners in the game. That's partially because it's also a deadly set-up sweeper. Rocks are rarer in the high-offence Ultimate Z meta than they are in other metas, and having a proactive Spinner instead of a passive one is great when the opponent doesn't lay down Rocks.

Defensive boosters such as Clefable, Hippowdon, Snorlax, and Muk-Alola get annoying fast, so I decided to pack my own Snorlax to phaze them away and boost my way to victory.

The Team

Before I go into detail with each set, keep in mind that this team's move sets, EVs, and natures were picked so each Pokemon could function decently well without Webs.

Ymir Fritz (Tapu Lele) @ Psychium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Safeguard
Ah, Tapu Lele the nuke. It/she's the entire reason I built this team. Super-powered Shattered Psyche OHKOs so much and 2HKOs so many resists.
Focus Blast hits some Steels super-effectively and hits Metagross and Jirachi worth something, but it's mainly here for that 190-BP Shattered Psyche. Moonblast hits Dark-types pretty hard and notably OHKOs Greninja-Ash and Persian-Alola. Psyshock is there for Blissey and other special walls, though I've used it so rarely that I'm considering Shadow Ball or Hyper Beam instead. Z-Safeguard boosts Speed one stage and is pretty useful if Webs aren't up.
Psychium Z is there to turn non-Psychic moves into Shattered Psyche.
Max. special attack and speed EVs should be obvious, and Lele's fine with 4 HP EVs because the resulting max. HP isn't divisible by 4. Lele gets 0 Attack IVs because Persian-Alola will hit it/her with Foul Play some day. Lele is Timid in order to outspeed as much as possible before and after Webs/Z-Safeguard. It/she notably outspeeds Adamant Mimikyu (useful in a last-ditch scenario) and Jolly Landorus-T.
Ymir Fritz: the progenitor, the first Titan Shifter, the one who started it all. She only had 13 years of Titan power before she died, but man, she did so much to advance civilization in those 13 years. She's partially faded into legend in the time of Attack On Titan, but her incredible power is still felt today as the Titan-controlling, memory-warping power of the Coordinate. All that girl power seems to fit Tapu Lele.

Pieck (Shuckle) @ Red Card
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SpA
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Power Split
Shuckle is quite possibly the best Sticky Web lead in Ultimate Z--it's bulky enough to set Webs and Stealth Rock most of the time, it isn't restricted to Focus Sash (unlike Smeargle), and it isn't completely passive after it sets hazards.
Sticky Web puts less pressure on Tapu Lele and friends to boost, and Stealth Rock still helps get KOs. The third move in normal metas would be Encore, except Z-Moves bypass that. Thus, I picked Toxic instead to screw over defensive mons. Power Split is another attempt to make Shuckle not completely passive, as it near-halves the offences of the first sweeper it hits thanks to Shuckle's crummy attack and special attack. I've been considering Rock Tomb instead of it because opponents still dodge Webs and set up on Shuckle, though.
Shuckle started off with a Z-Crystal to ignore (nearly nonexistent) Taunt and get defensive boosts, but once I saw Red Card on another Shuckle set, I used that instead. Red Card phazes leads that are faster than Thundurus (the fastest member of this team) so they have to switch into Webs later, and it also phazes any lead that sets up on Shuckle. Opponents commonly attack Shuckle with their lead and set up with a second mon, though.
Shuckle has Sturdy to be nigh-guaranteed to get Webs up. Mold Breaker from stuff like some Excadrill can ignore it, though. Thank goodness Kyurem-B is banned in Ultimate Z or that's another mon that can pierce through Sturdy.
Shuckle gets only 248 HP EVs to dodge getting a multiple of 4 for HP and therefore get less Stealth Rock damage (252 HP EVs leads to 244 HP). Other than that, the defensive EVs and nature were pretty much slapped on and could afford to be re-distributed (Shuckle doesn't like tanking Greninja Hydro Vortex no matter what, though). Shuckle gets 0 Attack and 0 Special Attack IVs to make Power Split as effective as possible, especially since it has no attacking moves.
Pieck's smart. She's got great judgment, and her Titan form is quadrupedal. She notably had to stay behind in Marley while her compatriots tried to retrieve the Coordinate in the home country of Attack On Titan's protagonists. She's also notably the only Marley Titan Shifter to wear equipment while in Titan form. Such a tactician seems to fit Shuckle.

Porco (Mimikyu) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Splash
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Destiny Bond
Thanks to Disguise, which negates the first attack that connects as long as the opponent doesn't bypass abilities (Mold Breaker, etc.), Mimikyu is a reliable revenge killer and catch-all emergency check to Pokemon that don't boost defences.
Z-Splash boosts attack 3 stages and outpaces nonsense like Z-Stockpile. Shadow Sneak is the only priority on the team and yes, despite Tapu Lele's Psychic Terrain, it gets used. Play Rough is hard-hitting Fairy STAB, OHKOs Greninja-Ash, and is a nice base for Never-Ending Nightmare. The 4th move is rarely used filler. On other teams, I've tried Z-Curse for the meh heal with residual damage and Z-Safeguard to boost speed again. On this team, I'm trying Destiny Bond because Mimikyu actually gets to outspeed things for once with Webs support, and Mimikyu is frail enough to use it well.
Ghostium Z results in Z-attacks that are resisted by fewer Pokemon (Steels are more common than Darks in Ultimate Z).
Max. attack EVs should be obvious, max. speed EVs are here to cut down how often Mimikyu needs to Shadow Sneak, and the remaining 4 EVs are on Defence because putting them on HP results in a max. 252 HP (sadly a multiple of 4) and Mimikyu has worse Defence than Special Defence. Since Mimikyu is an emergency check first and a sweeper second, and it has Webs support anyway, it's Adamant to maximize how many mons it can KO.
Porco Galliard is bitter but perceptive. His brother got the Titan Shifting powers first, he was overlooked again in favour of the loyalist Reiner, and he only got Titan Shifting powers after his brother died on a military mission. The Jaw Titan is a pretty good Titan form to have, though, as it's fast, agile, and has a nasty powerful set of jaws. Porco's saved his fellow Eldians' lives while on duty before, so maybe all that fits Mimikyu.

Zeke (Thundurus) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 68 Atk / 188 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heal Block
- Superpower
- U-turn
Thundurus is a fast and Defiant mixed attacker, although the Defiant part is ignored fairly often.
Thunderbolt is the primary STAB and the primary Supersonic Skystrike source (175 BP is pretty good). Superpower has a chance to OHKO Excadrill (the bane of the ubiquitous Tapu Koko), provides a 190-BP physical Supersonic Skystrike, and tries to make Defiant look good. U-turn lets Thundy pivot on all kinds of things, gets chip damage, and breaks Mimikyu's Disguise without leaving Thundy particularly open. Z-Heal Block boosts special attack 2 stages and can cheese Volcarona from getting Giga Drain healing or Celesteela from getting Leech Seed healing. I've used it the least often, though, and maybe a speed-boosting move can help Thundy against stuff like Greninja-Ash.
Thundurus has Flyinium Z to get strong versions of its Flying STAB, although I've been considering Icium Z instead. Shame neither Icium Z not Flyinium Z OHKO Tapu Koko.
Thundurus has Defiant to deter Defog. However, since Thundurus has no priority, doesn't have a speed booster, and is outsped by Tapu Koko, Greninja, Lopunny-Mega, and friends, the Defiant attack boost isn't as effective as I'd like. Thus, Thundy is the most replaceable member of this team. Maybe I should add a speed-boosting move or switch him out for Tapu Koko?
The EVs and nature are taken from the Smogon OU Mixed Attacker set. They seem fine enough. Thundurus needs all 252 Speed EVs and a Speed-boosting nature or he's not outspeeding the base 110 speed tier (Latios, Gengar, etc.).
Zeke is the warchief of the Eldian soldiers of Marley, including fellow Titan Shifters like Pieck and Porco. His Beast Titan form, handed personally to him by the Marleyan military, is trained to throw stuff really well (maybe like Thundurus throws Thunderbolts) and is capable of climbing walls, unlike other Titans (maybe this is analogous to Thundurus's Flying type). Zeke's capable of far more powerful stuff than that in the heat of combat, but that's reserved for another time.

Reiner (Excadrill) @ Icium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Sandstorm​

Excadrill is one of the best Rapid Spinners in the entire Ultimate Z meta. It's a somewhat reliable Tapu Koko check, it's got barely enough bulk to set up, and it hits like a truck. 88 base Speed isn't entirely there, but that's what Webs are for.
Rapid Spin is more of a failsafe, but it's nice to have against Spikes-stackers and opposing Webs teams. Excadrill is more feared as a sweeper, though. Z-Sandstorm boosts Speed 1 stage, and it turns Excadrill into the fastest thing around with the Sand Rush boost. Z-Swords Dance helps break walls (the Z-boost negates Intimidate and opposing Sticky Web), and Excadrill finally has a window to use this move against offence teams with Webs up. Earthquake is STAB, hits enough things super-effectively, and provides a more powerful Z-attack than Iron Head does.
Excadrill has Icium Z for these reasons:
  1. As Sand Rush instead of Sand Force, it can afford to use Z-Crystal types that aren't buffed by Sand Force. Ice has good enough coverage with Ground, anyway.
  2. Landorus-T and Salamence packing Intimidate, along with Dragonite packing Multiscale, don't immediately stop your speed-buffed sweep:

-1 252 Atk Excadrill Subzero Slammer (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-Therian: 416-492 (108.9 - 128.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    -3 252 Atk Excadrill Subzero Slammer (180 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 352-416 (110.3 - 130.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    -3 252 Atk Excadrill Subzero Slammer (180 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Salamence: 384-456 (116 - 137.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    252 Atk Excadrill Subzero Slammer (180 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 418-494 (129.4 - 152.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Yes, the -3 calcs are relevant--I've had a sweeping Excadrill hit by a Whimsicott Z-Memento followed by a Landorus-T Intimidate before.
I'd normally go for Steelium Z Stealth Rock/Rapid Spin/Sandstorm/Earthquake Sand Force Excadrill on other Ultimate Z teams for the role compression and Z-Sandstorm-turned-pseudo-Dragon Dance, but since this Excadrill doesn't need to set Rocks, I went with Sand Rush instead. Adamant Mimikyu OHKOs Excadrill with Never-Ending Nightmare anyway, and it's not like Mimikyu wants to switch in on much. Excadrill can't OHKO Sturdy mons like Skarmory and Steelix. You're often better off hitting Levitate mons with Subzero Slammer, and Rotom-W is exceedingly rare. Thus, Mold Breaker doesn't really help.
Max. attack and speed EVs should be obvious. The remaining 4 EVs go into HP to make Excadrill a bit bulkier on both sides. Excadrill is Jolly to outspeed as many mons as possible without boosting before and after Webs. Jolly Excadrill notably outspeeds Adamant Landorus-T.
It is fitting that the only Steel-type on the team gets the name of the current Armoured Titan, Reiner. Reiner has a habit of sacrificing himself for the good of the team, which fits Excadrill the Spinner. The Armoured Titan is also powerful enough to break down Titan-reinforced walls by ramming them, which fits Excadrill again.

Bertolt (Snorlax) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 188 HP / 176 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Stockpile
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
Snorlax, like Clefable, Hippowdon, and Muk-Alola, is a defensive booster that can ignore opposing boosts (Clefable has Unaware, Muk-Alola has Clear Smog, the rest phaze). It's nice against opposing defensive boosters, and unlike the other sweepers on this team, it can actually tank more than one hit.
Z-Stockpile full heals and boosts both defences one stage each (up to 3 Stockpile charges for the defensive boosts, although the full heal works no matter what). Z-Curse Swords Dances, boosts Defence one stage, and drops Snorlax's already bunk Speed. Losing a Snorlax speed tie may backfire one day, though. Earthquake hits Steels super-effectively (although Skarmory is annoying and Celesteela also dodges EQ), hits common Ghosts hard enough, provides a powerful Breakneck Blitz, and has a decent 16 PP. Others may like Z-Yawn for the 1-stage speed boost and the opportunity to force switches or sleep something, but I find Tapu Koko (Electric Terrain) and Tapu Fini (Misty Terrain) to be too common, and I've been annoyed by opposing defensive boosters falling asleep, staying in, and not getting KO'd before they wake up and full heal. Thus, I've had more success with Z-Whirlwind and its guaranteed, immediate booting.
Normalium Z makes Snorlax's attacks more powerful on average, as it'll be using its Normal STAB most of the time.
Snorlax has Immunity, even though Thick Fat would help it tank Z-Moves, because Toxic is one of the best ways to take down defensive boosters in Ultimate Z, a meta where Taunt and Encore nearly always fail and full heals are widespread. Immunity no sells Toxic.
The EVs and nature are taken from the Smogon RU Recycle CurseLax set. They seem to be balanced enough, and they patch up Snorlax's iffy Defence.
Bertolt is very tall, and his Colossal Titan form is the largest of all Titan Shifter forms, so that fits Snorlax. Bertolt and Reiner are best friends, which fits Snorlax and Excadrill wearing down some of the same counters. Unlike Reiner the rash squad leader, Bertolt is mild-mannered and content to follow instead of lead, which fits Snorlax's lack of immediate offensive power and need to boost for multiple turns.

Other Materials

Ultimate Z Threats and How to Handle Them
  • Fast, grounded sweepers (Greninja(-Ash), Tapu Koko, Accelgor, Manaphy, etc.): The usual plan against them is to lead with Shuckle and get Webs up. They're prey for the rest of the team after that. Greninja gets pretty hard to handle if they remove Webs, though. Mimikyu ends up being the best way to take down Greninja in this case.
  • Tapu Koko: Before you successfully scout out which Z-Crystal Tapu Koko is holding, you need to treat Excadrill as a Koko check, not a counter. With that being said, as long as Rocks aren't up (and Excadrill hasn't taken chip damage), Excadrill reliably checks Tapu Kokos who can't hit it super-effectively:

252 Atk Tapu Koko Subzero Slammer (200 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 302-356 (83.4 - 98.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I seem to be the only person using Firium Z Tapu Koko on the Ultimate Z ladder, so you can treat virtually all Tapu Kokos as being unable to hit Excadrill super-effectively. The most common Kokos are Electrium Z Koko and Fairium Z Koko, who can't hit Excadrill as hard (though Twinkle Tackle often 2HKOs). Icium Z Koko is the third most common.
  • Mimikyu: Mimikyu can be pretty painful for this team to handle, as it has Disguise and therefore tanks any single hit. If you don't have Webs up, Mimikyu can force out Tapu Lele and set up from there. But as long as you switch Snorlax into Mimikyu immediately, Snorlax may as well be a counter to the boring Ghostium Z Splash/Shadow Sneak/Play Rough/Filler Mimikyu set:

+3 252+ Atk Mimikyu Play Rough vs. 188 HP / 176 Def Snorlax: 352-415 (69.2 - 81.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Press Z-Stockpile as Mimikyu hits you and you get to set up in Mimikyu's face. If Mimikyu gets too annoying, Z-Whirlwind it out. Snorlax often doesn't even care if Mimikyu Z-Will-O-Wisps.
    Please be aware that this doesn't work on stuff like Fairium Z Mimikyu.
    In order to get Snorlax into a better position to nigh-counter Mimikyu, U-turn (on Thundurus) is my favourite way to break Disguise and get Snorlax in.
    If all else fails, break Disguise and then get your own Mimikyu to revenge kill.
  • Whimsicott: This cotton sheep is the new king of priority, with a formidable Prankster Z-Nature Power that turns into Twinkle Tackle, Bloom Doom, or maybe even Inferno Overdrive. If Webs are up and you're feeling ballsy, you can switch Tapu Lele right into Whimsicott and OHKO. If Webs aren't up or both sides have Webs, Snorlax and Shuckle are the only mons on this team who can tank it.
  • Talonflame: On the one hand, Talonflame is neutered pretty hard the moment it takes damage, so get those Rocks up. On the other hand, not much on this team can tank 2 of its Gale Wings Supersonic Skystrike, and Talonflame is unaffected by Webs. Excadrill is OHKOd by Flare Blitz. Thundurus can revenge kill Talonflame, and Tapu Lele can check full-health Talonflame, but if Talonflame boosts its attack, they're finished.
  • Non-grounded sweepers (Landorus-T, Latios, Dragonite, Ninjask, etc.): These are surprisingly annoying because Webs doesn't affect them. Try KOing them with anyone who outspeeds or setting up on any that are weak enough. If things go south, there's always Mimikyu.
  • Defensive boosters (Clefable, Snorlax, Muk-Alola, Gourgeist-Super, etc.): If your current sweeper such as Tapu Lele doesn't KO before they full heal, get Snorlax in and phaze them before they start attacking worth a darn. If Snorlax is down, grit it out for a crit war. Mimikyu can take down one such booster with Destiny Bond, but that requires pretty godly prediction skills at times, and hiding Destiny Bond until they've boosted for several turns is a good idea. ...Until they phaze you.
  • Defiant/Contrary (Bisharp, Serperior, etc.): Setting up Webs is riskier against any team that packs a grounded Defiant/Contrary mon (Bisharp and Serperior being some of the best ones), but at least Mimikyu can revenge kill Serperior (as long as Serperior has taken prior damage or Psychic Terrain isn't up, Serperior doesn't have a Substitute, etc.) and Tapu Lele can revenge kill Bisharp. Thundurus and Excadrill can also revenge kill unboosted Bisharp, but +2 Sucker Punch OHKOs them both.
  • Magic Bounce (Espeon, Diancie-Mega, etc.): Be prepared to send in Excadrill to Spin away the muck on your side of the field if you lead with Shuckle against any team packing them. Leading with a Speed-boosting sweeper instead may be wise (Thundurus outspeeds Diancie-Mega but cannot OHKO it/her, while Diancie-Mega OHKOs back, so Thundy is pretty risky in this case).
  • Sleep-inflicting sweepers (Xurkitree, Ninetales, etc.): These mainly exert their influence on team preview. Think twice before leading with Shuckle against them if you want to lay down Webs, although Red Card does phaze them out once. It's often a better idea to lead with a mon that outspeeds and OHKOs (e.g. Tapu Lele for Xurkitree, Thundurus for Ninetales), then predict the Z-Hypnosis and attack.
  • Slow, grounded sweepers (Magearna, Tapu Bulu, Hoopa-U, Excadrill, etc.): This is generally the easiest type of sweeper to deal with, though you need to make sure they don't have a chance to set up by relentlessly attacking them. Again, Snorlax has enough bulk to tussle with some of them that don't boost offences, and Mimikyu can take down some that don't boost defences.
  • Webs teams (Galvantula, Smeargle, Shuckle, etc.): You can afford to lead with Shuckle and set up Webs and Rocks if the fastest members of the opposing team don't outspeed yours and if their Webs user is Galvantula or Shuckle. If their fastest members outspeed yours, though, you may need to get Excadrill to Spin Webs away. Smeargle is the most dangerous Webs lead against this team because it usually carries Focus Sash and, since it packs Spore, it forces you to lead with Tapu Lele and use Z-Safeguard first, then fail to OHKO Smeargle on Turn 2. Thus, they get Webs up first.
  • Stall teams (Blissey, Steelix, Toxapex, Tapu Fini, etc.): Webs may be a waste of a turn, but Rocks and Toxic aren't, so time Shuckle well. Any annoying enough wall can be phazed out by Snorlax. Get used to crit wars and boosting-vs.-Z-Haze prediction wars, though.
  • Trick Room teams (Uxie, Cresselia, Crawdaunt, Mawile-Mega, etc.): Don't bother putting down Sticky Web against these teams for obvious reasons. Shuckle's going to set Rocks, Toxic Trick Room setters, neuter sweepers with Power Split, and phaze a sweeper with Red Card instead. Leading with a sweeper instead of Shuckle may be a good idea.
  • Veils/Screens teams (Ninetales-Alola, Klefki, Meowstic-M, etc.): Sticky Web may end up being a waste of a turn depending on their team construction and how much pressure they can put on you. If you anticipate a defensive booster as their first sweeper, leading with Shuckle as usual may be fine. Get Snorlax in soon after that, though. Beware of Ninetales-Alola's Hypnosis.
  • Rain teams (Pelipper, Kingdra, Swampert-Mega, etc.): I haven't seen them that much, but since their Swift Swimmers outspeed regardless of Webs, lead with something that takes down Pelipper. If you're feeling ballsy, you can lead with Excadrill and Z-Sandstorm right off the bat, though it's finished if Pelipper stays in and Hydro Vortexes. Mimikyu can handle one Swift Swimmer but not two.

Replays

Importable
Ymir Fritz (Tapu Lele) @ Psychium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Safeguard

Pieck (Shuckle) @ Red Card
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SpA
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Power Split

Porco (Mimikyu) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Splash
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Destiny Bond

Zeke (Thundurus) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 68 Atk / 188 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heal Block
- Superpower
- U-turn

Reiner (Excadrill) @ Icium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Sandstorm

Bertolt (Snorlax) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 188 HP / 176 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Stockpile
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)