Resource Ultra SM OU Bazaar

Drapion Semi Stall
:sm/slowbro-mega::sm/amoonguss: :sm/skarmory: :sm/drapion: :sm/clefable: :sm/tornadus-therian:
(click on sprites for team)

The point of Drapion is to serve a similarish role to Alolan Muk while being able to outspeed more pokemon in exchange for special bulk. I Ev'd drapion to outspeed and ohko banded bulu and I basically threw the rest in to spdef and hp for the bulk. Assault vest is self explanatory, same thing as muk, screw with psychics like zam, latias, reuniclus among others. Drapion has more physdef than muk so thats nice but I really havent messed around with this enough to know if I should spec into it at all. This team probably really isnt that great in the grand scheme of things and would love some suggestions. I've considered doing an rmt on it, but the team is probably not good enough to do yet. Not sure about clef, maybe chansey would be better? maybe toxic on skarm? Eh idk, definitely need some help on this one.
You have no solid MVenu answers save for Drapion
It's not exactly common, just something I noticed

Drapion Semi Stall
:sm/slowbro-mega: :sm/amoonguss: :sm/skarmory: :sm/drapion: :sm/clefable: :sm/tornadus-therian:
(click on sprites for team)

The point of Drapion is to serve a similarish role to Alolan Muk while being able to outspeed more pokemon in exchange for special bulk. I Ev'd drapion to outspeed and ohko banded bulu and I basically threw the rest in to spdef and hp for the bulk. Assault vest is self explanatory, same thing as muk, screw with psychics like zam, latias, reuniclus among others. Drapion has more physdef than muk so thats nice but I really havent messed around with this enough to know if I should spec into it at all. This team probably really isnt that great in the grand scheme of things and would love some suggestions. I've considered doing an rmt on it, but the team is probably not good enough to do yet. Not sure about clef, maybe chansey would be better? maybe toxic on skarm? Eh idk, definitely need some help on this one.

I’d try Chansey over Clef and Gliscor over Torn. They both help against Heatran, Blacephalon, Toxapex, LO Protean Gren, and Volt Switch spam.

https://pokepast.es/5d825deabaf77f43
MVenu BO
can y'all tweak it especially since I can't post another RMT yet
I know it lacks a hazard remover but most of my team isn't affected by that, and this team enjoys stacking hazards as well.
It relies on outstacking opponents to get them hazards on my side removed

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
So here’s a small batch of teams I’ve made and tested around low-mid ladder, roast enjoy the squads

Mega Glalie + Seismitoad Grass Spam
:glalie-mega: :seismitoad: :tapu-bulu: :tornadus-therian: :kartana: :heatran:
https://pokepast.es/46784c2f5feedd38
I really like Mega Glalie. Its got Mamo coverage, a great Speed tier, nuking potential with Explosion and offensive utility with Spikes. It’s practically a better Mamoswine aside from not checking Tapu Koko/having EQ do a bit less. I partnered it the rising Seismitoad because it formed a hazard-stacking core, but also dealt with Koko and especially Rotom-Wash, who slapped Glalie senseless. I added an FWG core afterwards to manage lots of threats within the metagame. Band Bulu is just a good mix of explosive power and defensive utility, acting as a backup Ash-Gren check and general Dark resist. It also gives Grassy Terrain, which Seis, Tran and Kart all appreciate. Glalie can blow up Celesteela and Ferrothorn for Bulu as well. Heatran is the Psychic, Steel and Fairy check for the squad, and it does the generic Heatran thing. 52 SpA EVs allow you to OHKO offensive Tran, while doing more chip to Pex and Tyranitar. Tornadus-T was my Defogger of choice, as well as a check to Scarf Kartana, which could be threatening since this squad has a Bulu on it. Speaking of, a Kartana of my own rounds out the team, because Steela, Ferro and Sciz would often be worn down enough or dead by the time it came in. Giga Impact lets you revenge offensive Volcarona in case Heatran needs to take care of something.

Shedinja Stall
:shedinja: :sableye-mega: :kommo-o: :chansey: :pyukumuku: :skarmory:
https://pokepast.es/6ded5b6d78fc3a98
You guys have seen me talk about Shedinja before, but here is the squad I’ve enjoyed the most with it. Sableye is the only Bouncer that fits on stall, because Xatu is kinda awful lol. Its the Medi counter, and Snarl allows it to weaken special attackers like Ash Gren and MegaZam. Protect is also an option to scout and make a triple Protect core, making it difficult for choiced attackers to not get frustrrated. Shed walls anything without supereffective or passive damage, including Bulky Mana, Latias, Latios, Offensive Washtom and Dragonium Garchomp. That last one is why I have Protective Pads so I can actually beat it, although Safety Goggles can let you beat Rush Exca while sand up (even though it’s walled by Pyuk lol). SpDef Kommo-o + Wish eats hits from everything, including Blace, MGyara and Heatran. Its also the Rocker and a strong phaser. I don’t think I need to explain Chansey because its stall with Chansey. Pyukumuku is the unaware user because I wanted to use it, but I don’t know if something will work better in this slot. It is the Zard-X check, and many of the things Quagsire walls are managed by the rest of the team. Skarmory rounds out the team, giving me a Defogger that beat all of Garchomp, Landorus-T, Gliscor, Kart and Bulu. 8 Spe outruns standard MMaw, which could let you beat it with Roost + Counter, although this needs strong prediction. The only issue I’ve had piloting this is defensive Washtom, which Wisps Shedinja and Volts on the rest of the team, but other than that, it’s good.

Nihilego + Mega Latias Balance
:nihilego: :heatran: :latias-mega: :tapu-bulu: :tornadus-therian: :gastrodon:
https://pokepast.es/0ee3775b4e896e8c
Nihi is a pretty cool mon ngl. Aside from simply setting Toxic Spikes, it is a super role-compressing mon, giving a Flying resist, answer to Zard-Y and offensive check to stuff like Kyurem-B and Tapu Lele. I paired it with MLati, who loves CelePex dying and TSpikes, and went from there. You’ll notice I used the same FWG core idea from the first team, because it just serves its purpose here. I chose Gastrodon over Seis here because I wanted to keep a balanced mu vs Ash-Gren and needed recovery in order to do so. Dual Protect + Magma + TSpikes is absolutely deadly chip damage, while MGuard mons can generally be managed by the team. Taunt Torn prevents opposing Defogs from going off, while also letting me stop opponents from setting hazards up, which keeps me from Defogging my own hazards away. Sidenote, if you decide to use the team, make Latias 8 SpA and max Speed, thats my mistake.

Icium Z Kyurem-Black Rain
:pelipper: :swampert-mega: :greninja-ash: :kyurem-black: :ferrothorn: :tornadus-therian:
https://pokepast.es/f673ebca182ecd18
Made this after seeing BKC’s post on ZKB with Rain. So I basically took standard Rain and replaced Mana with Subzero Slammer Kyurem-Black. Team has worked quite well, play this like standard rain but let Kyurem in everytime you expect a Grass/Rotom switch-in.

Mega Alakazam + Kommo-o Spikestack
:alakazam-mega: :kommo-o: :ferrothorn: :clefable: :tornadus-therian: :landorus-therian:
https://pokepast.es/46a087d7944f205f
This is possibly one of my favorite teams, just because of the synergy between all of its members. I built this off a rate I did in the TA room, and absolutely love the result. The idea was a non-hyper offensive approach to hazard stacking with LO Clefable as the primary wallbreaker. Needless to say, she does this job quite well. Ferrothorn provides the Spikes and is the Water, Electric, Psychic and Fairy resist for the team, giving me tons of options for the next four slots. Kommo-o gave me a Dragon-Steel-Fairy core, a Stealth Rock setter, a Z-move user/sweeper, and a check to several Pokemon both Clef and Ferro hate facing. MegaZam was added next because it wrestled with Toxapex and Heatran so well, while also taking advantage of Spikes to weaken non-resistant checks (think Tangrowth and Bulu). It carries Energy Ball because I felt the team would be annoyed by Rotom-Wash and Rain teams. LandoTorn was a good pivot backbone, giving me a lot of opportunities to switch breakers in while also giving Defog, a Kart check, and Electric check and Explosion.

Bronzong Balance
:bronzong: :scizor-mega: :gastrodon: :tyranitar: :tornadus-therian: :clefable:
https://pokepast.es/66c476bbf6b30980
Zong is a very cool mon, because it walls so many relevant offensive threats in the metagame. Seriously, you wall Garchomp, Gliscor, non-Knock Lando, Lele, Mage and Mega Latios. I decided to pair it with Mega Scizor because Zong is very passive and doesn’t solidly check Mega Alakazam. Bronzong also lures Heatran and Magnezone with Earthquake, making Scizor much deadlier. The core was weak to Rotom, so I added Gastrodon because Bronzong already had Rocks. Tornadus-T was next, giving me some speed control in tandem with Thunder Wave Clefable and Scizor’s Bullet Punch. FlyZ was because the team had no Z-Move and had good Kartana counterplay. Tornadus also brought in Zapdos and Heatran, which it could U-turn on and bring Ttar in for a trap/kill. Clefable filled the last slot as a wincon and a check to various mons like Medicham and Lopunny. It’s also a secondary Dark resist which is quite nice. We also all know T-Wave Clef is gay so yeah.

Cloyster Hyper Offense
:cloyster: :excadrill: :thundurus: :magearna: :gyarados-mega: :kommo-o:
https://pokepast.es/e2bf9d24cc34fc01
A Hyper Offense that combined old and new ideas. The idea was a hazard-stacking beatdown, but ensuring that all of the team had a dangerous offensive presence, even the setters themselves. I’ve never liked Suicide Gren—it gets good hazards and stops Defog, sure, but it doesn’t do much more aside from dying. Veez brought up Cloyster in the VR, and I thought “why not try it on HO?” So this was born. Excadrill is a generic lead, chosen over Lando because it beat Washtom in addition to Heatran and Magearna, which was helpful to Cloyster. Toxic over Rock Tomb because Cloy beats all Rock Tomb targets anyway, and managing MSab can be loads of fun. Cloyster’s set may look odd, but it is not designed to sweep. It is designed to manage the entry hazard game while looking like a sweeper (which considering Ice’s coverage is not bad). Dual Spin feels alot better than Spin + Taunt, as hazards can still go up with the latter. Anyway, the rest of the team is generic HO. Mage is the one-time stop to all Lele shenanigans, Gyara and Kommo-o check Tran and Greninja and Thundurus checks Scarf Kartana, which can rip through this team with enough boosts.

Edit: Added descriptions :blobthumbsup:

Last edited:
Are you tired of those pesky Hawlucha teams stealing your ELO, despite clearly outplaying them at every turn? Allow me to present The Solution

Jokes aside, with the Gen 7 meta about to wrap up, I figured I'd share my pride and joy dumpster fire team, featuring Doublade. Doublade actually has a very solid niche in OU as a defensive check with priority, and it pretty reliably checks Kartana, Tapu Bulu, Medicham, offensive variants of Magearna, and of course, Hawlucha. Paired with Salazzle, who checks Ferrothorn and Celesteela while also just being a general nuisance with Toxic stall, and Suicune, who acts as a win condition while also continuing the stall after Salazzle's inevitable demise, and you have a joke of a three-man defensive core that actually works for some ungodly reason. The rest of the picks are pretty self explanatory, Diancie as a lead denies hazards and can cause mayhem early on if your opponent misplays, Kyurem-B helps wallbreak so that the Suicune endgame is feasible, and Scarf Lando ensures I don't auto-lose to VoltTurn or anything faster than base 110. I personally would advise playing an aggressive early to midgame with this team, but there's enough here to play safe until Suicune's endgame is more possible. I also have a more "reliable" offensive version, link to it below.

tears

Talking to me like they were they realist out
End of generation team dump. Got some solid ladder squads and some fun stuff.

This contradicts everything I just said about fun but I'll start with my favorite fat teams I've made to get it out of the way

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 9.25.22 AM.png
Thunder on Mega Lati is for rain matchups (more specifically bulky Manaphy). Pyuku dies but kills things like Mawile, Medi, Kyub, Hoopa along with it. Shed Shell on Skarm is pretty much mandatory since its the only defogger.

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 9.26.40 AM.png
Slowbro + Chansey is like, really good. You can run more speed on Zapdos if you want to be more confident about bulky Manaphy matchups. Foul Play on Weavile is for SD Kartana.

Bulky Offenses, Offenses, Hyper Offenses

Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 10.09.52 PM.png
I wanted to use this cool Kommo-o set to lure Glalie's checks such as Tapu Fini, Toxapex and Rotom Wash. SD > DD to OHKO Fini (I suppose you could run Adamant DD if you want). The coverage on this thing is godly and underrated af.

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 9.30.50 AM.png
The name says it all. Pretty standard bulky offense but I wanted to build around Grassium Heatran + Ash Gren since BKC mentioned it in the SSD thread. He also mentioned modest Ash Gren but timid is needed as there is no scarfer (and I'm too pussy to run modest Gren anyways lmao). Medi seemed perfect to cap off the offensive synergy and I added the defensive core of Torn + Rotom + Ferro (the defensive core is a recurring thing that will pop up in this post.)

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 9.34.21 AM.png
I wanted to build around Nidoking since it obliterates a ton of teams thanks to its amazing coverage and LO + Sheer Force boosted moves. I was using scarf Kart + pup Lop but pup Lop was way too inconsistent for my liking so I decided to use Band Kart and dual priority Lop + twave. Zapdos can be a major threat by walling everything so I put Frustration on Kart, Toxic on Ferro, and moved Twave over Wisp on Rotom. The things you have to do not to get 6-0d by something...

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 9.38.58 AM.png
One of my favorite Zard X teams I've made. CM pain-split Mag is for stall since you lose at preview without it.

Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 10.47.44 PM.png
Some brainless psychic spam. Alolan Muk can be an issue but it's not used a ton.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-966068425 replay vs my guy Real PHeal Spheal who's using Alolan Muk, I managed to win with a little bit of luck (rhyme not intentional)

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 6.23.35 PM.png
Not a Mega Manectric fan by any means but I think it has some decent benefits over Koko. Manectric + Hoopa tested well together so I just stuck with it.

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 6.30.59 PM.png
This is BY FAR the most standard team I have ever made. I made this but I'm 100% sure someone else has used the same 6 on a team. Anyways, Mawile + Spikes is Broken so this team abuses that.

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 7.08.10 PM.png

I made this about 9-10 months ago when I wanted to build with Mega Chomp. Couldn't decide if I wanted to use Physical SD or Mixed so I just had 2 versions. Modest > Timid on Lele since I have webs and modest specs Lele hits so damn hard.

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 8.32.51 PM.png
Wanted to try out lo all-out attacking Gren. This thing is so damn good, lures sooooo many of its supposed checks and counters.

Can only really find fatter balances in my builder atm so these are the best of those

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 8.05.26 PM.png
Made this almost a year ago now and it was one of my first teams that I thought was pretty solid. CelePex + Electric immunity has always been really good and to top that off, there's a Mega Latias.

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 8.44.41 PM.png
I wasn't super sure about this at first, but it has grown on me. Draco on Mega Lati is for Normal Kyurem as it 6-0s without it.

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 8.47.00 PM.png
Just some heavy hazard stack stuff

hopefully someone enjoys these :P

As the end of the generation is closing in I wanted to share some teams that I've made throughout the generation.

Since I mainly build sun and sand teams a good portion of the teams presented will be sand or sun. All teams will be put into 3 categories: Sun, Sand, And Unproven. Sun and Sand will be presented to you in the following format:

1) Team Building Process

2) Pokemon Sets with Pokepaste

3) Strengths+Weaknesses, Peak, and How to Use

4) Recommending team to whom

Unproven teams will only have #2 to account for, but with all of that out of the way I hope you guys enjoy my teams!

When I was in the beginning stages of building this team I wanted to use Thunderous as the main pokemon to center the team around. First glance at the idea might make you say "but it doesn't even abuse sun so why make a sun team around it?" For the curious minds of those people I will present this: Thunderous gives me a wall-breaking monster who cripples walls I want severely chipped or KO'd directly because of this pokemon such as Heatran, Tyranitar, Garchomp, Toxapex, and many other pokemon. Thunderous also has the ability Prankster, a ability that allows thunder wave to be a great way to annoy other things that might wall/outspeed it like Mega Latios, Mega Zam, Mega Latias, Torn T, and many common set up sweepers get crippled by this annoying monster. Thunderous also gives me a ground immunity, invaluable to any team in general but especially a sun team. The very few pokemon who take these attacks normally end up being complete Venusaur food, so its a match that is fluid overall.

Next up is Garchomp, a pokemon who gives me a fire resist, electric immunity, solid speed tier, and another wall breaker who doesn't need sun but can benefit from sun's ability to boost Fire Fang and the sweepers that break down what annoys it. Dragon+Sun is a pretty common way to use sun back then and even with fairies this trend continues due to fire and poison types doing good against fairies. Garchomp's set takes advantage of these traits to go dragonium Z, normally inferior to Z stone edge, but with the assistance of its teammates lets this set run free. Earthquake and Swords Dance lets it be Garchomp and the already mentioned Fire Fang kets it break Celesteela, Bulu, Skarmory, and Ferrothorn much easier and under sun makes it a legit coverage option that can work outside of it.

Torkoal+Venusaur are the next 2 obvious slots as this is the main sun core, but after that I needed a fire type and something that reliably takes care of pokemon like Heatran and can defog on it, so the last one of the slots go to Hydreion due to its ability to resist water, take on Heatran in a 1v1 and defog, and also gives me yet another Ground immunity. The other slot is taken up by scarf Victini due to its speed tier outside of sun and good power under it as it can be a great revenge killer and a switch in on stuff like Tapu Lele and Mega Zam.

The Team and Sets

1573167088902.png

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 88 Atk / 168 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Superpower
- Thunderbolt
88 attack is to KO Rocks Mega Tyranitar 100% of the time

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Growth

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Trick / Final Gambit
Final Gambit is a fine option on this team if you want to explore with that.

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 236 HP / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Roost
- Draco Meteor / Dark Pulse
- Defog
Dark Pulse can be used over Draco if you want but be weary of the Kommo-o matchup if so.

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/8388a4c8dc3c0740

How To Use
For most games you want to make sure you identify these things: What blocks a Venusaur/Thundy/Chomp/Victini endgame, what needs thunder wave support, what needs to be checked defensively, and what backup plan do you have for when sun isn't up/unreliable during the game. After you identified these things, all I can honestly say is play your best by not wasting torkoal's health on useless plays and making sure you know what scenario you want to end up with a endgame with what you want.

Matchups to be careful of

Kommo-o Z: Garchomp has to be in or t-wave go off, but generally this can be a annoying matchup but manageable.

Offensive Destroyers: Pokemon like Ditto and Mega Lopunny will be an annoying threat, but both can be t-wave and Victini can deal with Mega Lopunny if you're desperate.

Tapu Lele: This thing will click buttons against anyone and sets up terrain for Mega Zam so it can avoid t-wave, a real headache so taking it out or forcing it to click moonblast if specs might be the only way out. On the Bright side is that once Victini comes in a pokemon dies.

DD Mega Ttar with Ice Punch: This pokemon is immune to thunder wave, takes out Garchomp in 1 hit, and your only real chance of dealing with this is to never let it set up, other Ttar are generally going to be something you can manage well and Ttar is lured in by Victini and Thundy, both who could use moves to take it out.

There could be other potential matchups that I missed but those are the ones that come to my mind first.

Peak: No evidence of peak of 1900+ but I do remember getting at least 1920 with this if not higher.

Who I recommend this to: Newer players who want to experiment with sun but still have something they might still feel familiar with overall. This works for most player skill levels.

Made this team a while back and it still does the job well in present day. When I was making the team I was focused on the idea of using Volcarona to its max potential under sun while helping Venusaur beat Heatran, this team does both. For the team, I already had 4 slots taken and a predictable 5th slot too in Torkoal, Venusaur, Lele, Volcarona, and Hydreigon. All these pokemon give me the usual needs for sun and for the last slot I got scarf Lando T to fill out the ground typing slot and backup defog. Reason for little description is because I already talked a ton about the other mons and I feel like a broken record doing so and I will also say this team was fairly easy to make once I had the idea in mind.

Team Preview
View attachment 204494
Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Volcarona @ Psychium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Quiver Dance

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Growth

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 Atk / 68 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog
- Stone Edge

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/ebff95a25cdaf367

How to use
You want to identify what way of winning will be most effective before every game: Lele breaks everything, Venusaur sweep, or Volcarona sweep. After you do that find what needs to be defensively taken care of and go from there. You'll need to play with some aggressiveness with this team but with Hydreigon you can afford to scout out how the opposition reacts. Past that good luck using the team.

Ttar: Landorus can switch in once and Lele lures and outs dents on Ttar, but sadly this monster of a tank will be annoying to deal with all game so best bet is to take it down as early as you can.

Ditto: Yeah you're weak to everything that you use but now ditto is always faster, not much needed to be said outside of that. If you see Ditto your best bet is likely Venusaur sweeping because most Ditto don't carry HP Fire to take you out. Volcarona can use Psychuim Z to ohko ditto in terrain as ditto tries to use Volcarona as a way to auto-win the game, but be extremely careful around ditto.

Threats

Psyspam: Other Tapu Lele are annoying to switch into and mega zam a big pain, but with Tapu Lele+Volcarona setting up you can beat this as long as you outplay.

Peak: Fuzzy on details but I do know that I hit 1800+ on many occasions and hit 1900 once with it, sadly replays are limited of me using this and are hard to find, I'll update this part in the future but for now take my word on it.
(morale of the story kids, get your replays prepared lol)

Before I begin with this team I want to give a huge thanks to Pokemon Hates Me for making this team with me.

Team Building Process

When me and PHM (Pokemon Hates Me) first was thinking of building the team I was thinking about combining the 2 main play styles that we like using, Sun (me) and Trick Room (PHM). Now first thing that comes to mind is "ok sun trick room then", but the thing is that full TR is pretty shit overall, but semi-tr is amazing imo, so the goal turned into how can we build sun semi-tr. First 2 pokemon to this list was obviously Torkoal and Venusaur as they make up the sun core. Next up was a Trick Room setter that reliably gets it up throughout the game and the options are a handful of pokemon, but when it came to it both me and PHM liked Cresselia who works great on both sun and trick room, so easy pick. Next 3 selections came down to a OTR mon that PHM wanted, a Fire resistance that I wanted that could defog reliably, and a fire type that abused trick room. For the OTR mon, Stakataka was a pokemon that PHM had in mind for the team as LO Staka is a amazing sweeper with its insanely powerful gyro ball, great bulk, steel typing, and is a great partner to Cresselia. Stakataka also gives me a Ttar switch in, a Volcarona counter play, and a win condition that doesn't need sun. The fire resistance that is a defog user was next which was my selection, Hydreigon. Hydreigon partners super well with Cresselia and Stakataka as a whole, helps Venusaur against the pesky Heatran, and provides me a good fire resist overall. With the team dynamic at the moment clearly going towards trick room, I made Venusaur poison Z to lure and break annoying threats like Mega Latias and Bulkarona. Poison Z is also great for revenge killing a number of annoying pokemon and adds to the longevity of Venusaur thanks to no Life Orb recoil. The last slot had to be, at least to me, a electric immunity and a fire type, there where only 2 real options; Alolan Marowak and Mega Camerupt. Both of these pokemon are already known to be good under trick room, PHM at first wanted to use Alolan Marowak because of its amazing flare blitz under sun, but since this is a sun team there was a couple problems with Alolan Marowak; pursuit and recoil damage. Camerupt on the other hand allowed me to have a pokemon who truly abused sun to the fullest without fear of recoil or no electric immunity, I get a 2 in 1. Camerupt also had access to the nail in the coffin that made it obvious that Camerupt was the better pick, growth. Camerupt is honestly broken with sun+tr, no switch in besides cm mega latias if Camerupt hasn't already got a growth off, even then rocks up its a roll to have Mega Latias drop. With the whole team out together and the 2 ideas seamlessly being put together, we accomplished the goal of creating the best sun semi-tr I think is out there. Stakataka slot can be used on Magearna if you really want but Venusaur becomes the Life Orb user instead of the OTR mon.

Team Preview

View attachment 204462

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Relaxed Nature
- Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Substitute
- Growth

Stakataka @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 15 Def / 0 Spe
- Stone Edge
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Trick Room

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Earth Power

Cresselia @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
- Trick Room
- Lunar Dance
- Moonlight
- Ice Beam

Venusaur @ Poisonium Z
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Growth

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/173ccc09a25e9019

How to use
Its fairly basic in what the team's goal is, but before each game you must look at these three things offensively: Does Venusaur break/sweep, does Camerupt break/sweep, does Stakataka sweep/break. You must also identify what needs to be checked on the other end, examples like "Ttar so Stakataka+Hydreigon must be used for it" or "Tapu Lele and Medicham are there so Cresselia should check it", stuff like that. Once you identify all of those things, make a game plan, and know what scenarios lead to a win, you should be good to go, its up to you to make sure you win.

Matchups to be careful of

Mega Latias: This pokemon can and will be an annoying threat if its a calm mind set with sub/refresh, only real way to beat this is to lure and kill with Venusaur or use Camerupt to lure and take out, very difficult.

Rain
One of the few sun teams who might be at a preview disadvantage, but with Venusaur, Torkoal, and Hydreigon, you can defeat this with the right plays.

Might of missed other pokemon, but those are what comes to mind on what can be annoying to deal with.

Recommend to whom: I would suggest this team for a more experienced player as this team is hard to use for a beginner in using sun and/or trick room and working out those dynamics, but this team is extremely rewarding to those who do know how to manage that.

Peak: Yes, I have replays for once lol.
From memory I hit 1970+ during olt period and one of the ladder replays show something very close to that mark.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-953580869 (lol Tyrantrum in 2k+)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-953204618
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-956838548

This is the second oldest team I'll present as it was build in the mist of the Zygarde meta but the team is still decent to this day.

When making this team I had one thing ringing in my ear: Avoid over-reliance on sun. This was right after my peak with whimsicott zygarde sun and I felt like bulu sun was the only sun (wrong af lol), but the team solely relied on sun to do the big damage and Zygarde out of it, at the time my Bulu was AV so it didn't do much. I got to work once someone made me realize this fatal flaw in my building, so I search everywhere for a decent pokemon who benefits from sun, benefits sun, and doesn't need it to win. I searched up and found a article in BW OU sun for some ideas and ran into Rhyperior, a perfect match for Bulu Sun. Rhyperior's bulk, attacking stats, meshing with bulu seamlessly, electric immunity, and a great fire resistance made it the perfect choice for my new team. Bulu, Torkoal, and Venusaur made up the next 3 pokemon as the sun core. Last 2 pokemon came down to me wanting defog on Heatran that was reliably and wanting a fire type that worked well with the team. Fire type was the more obvious choice as Mega Houndoom is disgusting under terrain, able to ohko Toxapex at +2, Garchomp with no need for NP, and plenty of other free kos while reducing damage from solar power. The other slot was also obvious but at the time it was the first time I thought of bulky defog hydra. I always seen it as a solid offensive piece to any team, but once I realized that it was great and did everything I wanted, I couldn't resist trying it out, safe to say that it worked well as I still use that very same set to this day.

Team Preview
View attachment 204467
Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Relaxed Nature
- Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Bulk Up
- Light Screen
- Synthesis
Superpower>Light Screen is perfectly fine but Light Screen is there to help set up Venusaur, Force defog, handle Lele much easier, lets Bulu beat CM Reuni in a 1v1 along with bulk up, and also lets Rhyperior check more stuff like Volcarona. Stone Edge can work for Volcarona and Torn t too in a more direct way to handle them.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 244 HP / 248 Def / 16 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stone Edge
- Stomping Tantrum
- Fire Punch
- Avalanche

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Growth

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Solar Beam
- Nasty Plot

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/c8a2d6ff22ef6aac

How to use

First thing you do is to figure out how Venusaur can win the game late game. After you identify that, figure out what needs to be check and how along with what needs to be broken with Houndoom. Lastly before every game, always have a backup plan incase sun isn't up, a majority of the time Hydra+Bulu+Rhyperior can win games on their own with some support from your teammates. Once in battle and determine how want to attack and everything else needed, you should be good to go.

Threat List

Volcarona: Although this seems like a unbeatable monster, Torkoal's toxic, light screen from bulu, can't set up on Rhyperior, flash fire on Houndoom base form, and Venusaur able to revenge kill makes the matchup at least doable.

Kommo-o: While draco Hydra can lure it in and ohko, Bulu beating most variants, and Rhyperior able to beat most of them once chipped down, it is still a giant pain to deal with as it lives Houndoom's flamethrower at +2, Venusaur's Giga at +2 in terrain, and with Poison Jab can beat bulu, so careful around Kommo-o. Spedef Kommo-o is the worst of them all as it can toxic bulu and whatever else, uses protect for leftovers+terrain+burn sun turns, and also sets rocks as it comes in on Houndoom and Venusaur with ease.

Hawlucha: This pokemon can be a gigantic pain to face as +2 will win if you don't have Bulu at full or Torkoal at full. Best ways around this is to either 1v1 Lucha with Bulu before it eats the seed or use Rhyperior's bulk and ice coverage to annoy it and then take out with Torkoal, but this requires all of these pokemon to be at near full health so be extremely careful.

If you don't get spedef Kommo-o your matchup should be a winnable one.

Recommend: To people who want to use something cool looking to flex on people with but still pulls out wins with ease. This will be better in a more experienced player then a beginner because of how odd the team is as a whole.

Peak: It was 1980+, though because I'm a tad lazy and don't want to dig through so many replays to find the replay that shows it I'm going to say take my word for it. (I might edit later and put some in but thats not a guarantee)

The flagship sand team I have and will always have in my back pocket out of the sheer bs it will pull off. As of now with the decline of Mega Zam this team is only better with its main threat gone, now onto the team.

Building Process
I wanted to make a team that can abuse t-spikes but wasn't so painfully slow while doing so, first thing that came to mind was Pex+Drill. Toxapex lays down hazards as Drill abuses pokemon who attempt to switch into t-spikes by getting nuked by drill or getting poisoned so its easier to beat later on. PsySpam was also a cool way of also getting the most out of t-spikes and drill as if benefits from drill taking out steels and poison pokemon who can't come in on psychic usually. With the idea set in motion, the team looked liked Hippo, Pex, Drill, Lele, and Zam. I wanted a defog user, pivot, a lure to steels, EQ immunity, and a way to deal with scarftana, Torn t become the only choice for that slot, a great one too.

Team Preview

1573164221651.png

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
Modest is chosen because it hits Celesteela much harder to the point it puts Celesteela in range of many attacks, timid wouldn't do that reliably.

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

Excadrill @ Steelium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/8df5c7ab1079140d

How to use: Well its a game plan on what sweeping first: Drill or Psyspam. pick which one is more effective and have the other one break for it. This team can also go into stall mode with pex+torn t+hippo walling a good portion of the meta. As long as you play with a level head any game is winnable and nothing is too strong, well mostly.

Threats:

Other Psyspam: Mega Zam is a cold blooded killer against this team, be extremely careful around zam. You can try your luck with focus miss on drill, chip it and use torn t to take a hit and take it out, Lele eating sball and taking it out, and Mega Zam 50/50, but its still walking on eggshells with this monster.

Z Heatran: Toxapex, Drill, Hippo, and Zam all can help against Heatran to a extent but Grass Z tran is a monster to face, speaking of monsters.

Banded Bulu: Torn T can only switch into this once so be careful around it, good part is that its lured by EQ Drill, Lele, and Zam so it'll be forced to click horn leech more often then not, but a early game wood hammer is something anyone using this should respect.

Everything else is not just beatable but you should beat given the tools at your disposal.

Recommend: To anyone lol, anyone can use this and anyone can use this well with half a brain.

Peak: I'll gather replays later but I know for a fact I hit 1900+ with this at some point during both pre-zyg meta and post-zyg meta.

(Pukes)
Yeah this team is gross, I'll just show you the team, the paste, and a couple replays I got of it, it'll make you want to throw up if I did anything more, oh wait I got to tell people how to use this and what threatens it...

Team Preview

1573164232662.png

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
- Recover

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover

Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane
- Defog

Excadrill @ Steelium Z
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide / Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
I lime rock slide more cause fuck Zapdos but Rapid Spin is likely a little better. Leftovers can also be used for longevity.

You can puke now, wait you're surprised that Reuni wasn't here, well jokes on you I had to use this team and Reuni boring af (not to say this isn't boring still)

How to use
Unless Excadrill 6-0's easily, this is your main gameplan: What pokemon walls/checks what, what opposing pokemon walls who, when can you get hazards, and how to cripple every mon that isn't as effected by the hazards so stuff like scald burn, sand, and knock are needed for those. Once you get burns with Pex on stuff like Torn T, Cele, other Pex, and other bs, all you have to do its just hazard stack until the opposition can't handle it no more. Drill comes in late game and just says "gg".

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/bd48db8ede13721a

Threats:

Lele: Although you can play around all variants of lele, its still a bitch to face. You'll likely have to get the 50/50 every time on it and if its like Z or metronome you'll have to use Ferrothorn+Drill to take it down.

SD breakers: Wisp can cripple these pokemon and Hippo beats Zard X in a 1v1, but I suggest that you make sure these things don't set up for free when you can and make sure they'll get punished for doing so. Kill these things lol.

You being an idiot: Yep thats all, don't be stupid and you'll win.

Recommend: No one use it.

Peak: It made the throw up on how disgusting the team is, thats peak toxicity.

Replays that I'm willing to share:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-881235867
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-881239943

A fun squad I built wayyyy back when, the oldest team on the list. Although the older team used Tapu Bulu and now is Tangrowth, nothing much has changed about how fun it is to use this team and the effectiveness of it.

Team Building Process
I wanted to use Mega Snow+Ttar+Trick Room, so I got banded Ttar+Mega Snow and a trick room setter who complements them well, that being Slowbro. Next up is a rocker who can help Snow deal with fires, so I choose Heatran for that. At the time I chosen Bulu because Bulu+Tran+Ttar was a combo I wanted to try, but in time I realized that I became too Kartana weak so I switched to Tangrowth to deal with it. Last slot I was thinking about giving scarf lando but I wanted a sand sweeper so I went Excadrill insteadas I had Snow, Tang, and Slowbro for grounds, good enough for me.

Team Preview

1573164177000.png

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Pursuit
- Crunch

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 120 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Earthquake
- Wood Hammer
- Ice Shard

Excadrill @ Steelium Z
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 92 SpD / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Flamethrower
- Trick Room

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb

How to use

Identify what end game is most effective: Drill sweep, Snow sweep, Bro sweep, or Ttar sweep. Next identify what needs to be checked. Once both of those things happen, make a game plan and you'll be good to go.

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/a8a3fefb6a7fc745

Threats

Theres a good chunk of pokemon who are technically threats but I'll talk about the main one that you MUST worry about: Kartana.

Kartana: Swords Dance could mean the end of your team if you're not careful, most of the team can take a hit and knock it out in return and when trick room is up nothing to worry about, but you must be careful when going against it or else it will 6-0.

Recommend: To players looking to have fun, any level of play can use this but with effectiveness only someone who knows how to work the dynamics of Trick Room+Drill can really make things happen for real.

Peak: I have hit 1800's and I think for the fun concept it is thats totally fine, still nothing to scoff at overall. I think it could hit 1900+ on a good day but that is TBD.

Team Preview

1573174582470.png

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Zen Headbutt
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 240 HP / 60 Def / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Defog
- Taunt

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/107bd9f5c4ad200d

Team Preview

1573170242120.png

Kommo-o @ Choice Band
Ability: Bulletproof
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Spikes
- Water Shuriken

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Taunt
- Defog
- U-turn

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Scald
- Yawn

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 212 SpA / 8 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Pain Split
- Fleur Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/a0ce77d6e383155

Team Preview

1573170116860.png

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Trick
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Defog

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 232 Atk / 68 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/af11eaf9afdf3401

Team Preview

1573169007838.png

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Rotom-Heat @ Electrium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Pain Split
- Thunder
Can be Fire Z too and T-bolt>Thunder if so

Necrozma @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 72 SpD / 104 Spe
Bold Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Moonlight

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Defog
- Scald

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/f6e4cf07b9c7f599

Team Preview

1573168562725.png

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 104 SpD / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 156 Atk / 68 Def / 76 SpA / 208 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog
- Earth Power

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 92 SpD / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Magma Storm

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/03b6e26267667ae0

Team Preview

1573167998108.png

Araquanid @ Choice Band
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Liquidation
- Leech Life

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 52 SpA / 40 SpD / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Defog
- Hurricane

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 236 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

Zeraora @ Expert Belt
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/f9bcca3dbd069a99

Team Preview

View attachment 204473
Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Relaxed Nature
- Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Growth

Glalie-Mega @ Glalitite
Ability: Refrigerate
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Spikes

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Future Sight
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Eruption
- Focus Blast
- Fire Blast

Garchomp @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/3bd98479751b147c

Team Preview

View attachment 204481
Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 Def / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
Want to fuck with SD Gliscor you can opt for a Foul Play set>Stone Edge

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Relaxed Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Growth

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Trick
Honestly any set works for Victini on this team but I chose scarf because I wanted as much speed as I can possibly get.

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Roost

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/5c00617a3c6a7299

Team Preview

PHM's Idea (Victini) @ Ring Target
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Trick

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Relaxed Nature
- Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Venusaur @ Poisonium Z
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Growth

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 36 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
This Koko set can be just about anything honestly.

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 232 Atk / 68 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog
- Stone Edge

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/e7ad2076de582c77

Team Preview

1573168802977.png

Volcarona @ Mystic Water
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Bug Buzz
- Hurricane
- Quiver Dance

Manaphy @ Waterium Z
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Tail Glow
- Rest
- Energy Ball

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Bold Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost
- Scald

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Spikes

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Substitute
- Stealth Rock

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/944279dad73bbb95

Team Preview

1573168403467.png

Kartana @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Giga Impact
- Sacred Sword

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 68 SpD / 144 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Fire Punch

Seismitoad @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 20 SpD / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog
Spread allows me to eat 2 ice punches from mega pert after rocks, outpace spedef tran, and rest of the evs went into spedef to have a tiny bit more effectiveness against something like Ash Greninja.

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/0626ad73c1b1a132

Last edited:

PsyducksChili

Banned deucer.
DA1F4F00-FE78-4B3A-9501-32C7790C4E1F.gifD56582B7-5019-4F21-9A34-E5A5CB3DC67A.gifC8C94476-EBB0-4392-9316-57225F70C237.gif307C0947-C34A-4F15-9E91-632EC3225E7F.gif3DA00213-3F45-4B8F-A81D-35B8440ADB26.gifC38CE666-E0C6-42C2-9771-52888A56A86C.gif
gen 7 is over who the fuck cares about ladder teams. the bazaar is for peasants anyways. sheesh
this is the only team i use anymore because ladder is dead and nobody cares about mons now until swsh
have fun with this dogshit team lmao. its hard to win with this because the ferro runs no gyro or pwhip and i have what you alpha chads would call an “unmon”, gardevoir. use this bullshit vs people who you KNOW AS A FACT are shit at the game. you will never win against anyone with half a brain

heres some funny replays from back when i was autistic
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-962702902
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-962444146

this team is a meme and a shitpost. just use this for memes or use it to ruin your elo or smth

Last edited:
I peaked at team building too early in Gen VII, and now it's too late to get good at it. So here's a few teams I built more recently that I don't hate. I figured I might as well share them since they'll be useless in a week.

Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 9.12.58 AM.png
I actually made this when Zygarde was still in the tier and haven't really changed much since then. The point of this team is to wear down Volcarona's checks and counters to allow it to sweep. Beedrill has the speed and power to take down or cripple threats like Greninja, Tapu Koko, Heatran, and Diancie. Volcarona is a bulky set with Fiery Dance for a chance to snowball on the opponent. Bugium lets it break through bulkier mons without needing too many boosts. Hydreigon is a cool choice for this team because it counters non-Ice Beam Ash Greninja (most stopped running Ice Beam after Zygarde was banned) and can threaten some rain builds. With Taunt and Roost, it's one of my two stallbreakers and still hits hard with its great coverage. The speed is for getting the jump on base-95s, and I think the SDef EVs prevent it from being 2HKO'd by Ash-Gren. Fini is the second half of my stall breaker core that used to run enough speed to outrun Timid Heatran (which is less common now). Now the EVs are more standard, and help to check Ash-Gren, Rain builds, Hawlucha, Z Kommo-O, and Landorus switch ins. The Lando-T set I use feels outdated, but I still feel like Rocky Helmet is the best item on defensive sets. I didn't really overthink it, and it does its job perfectly. Kartana is the typical Scarf set, and is the second Defogger to help make sure my Bugs have no issues with hazards. This is a very balanced team, obvious issues with Tornadus, Tapu Lele, Victini to an extent, and Kommo-O, so play carefully around them and try to keep hazards up on their side ONLY.

Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 9.12.45 AM.png
Based on songs by one of my favorite bands, Terror Jr. This is a tried and true Trick Room team that I used on the Zygarde suspect ladder and thereafter. I love symmetry and Girl Power™, so I wanted to see if I could make a team that had a limited number of weaknesses and a lot of coverage and power. They're all nukes in their own right. Primarina is the best Gen VII started bar none, and Liquid Voice gives it the option for getting around Substitute users, which has come in handy. Echoed Voice more fore the memes, but Ice Beam is far more consistent. Azumarill is usually an early-game sweeper and is nasty in and out of Trick Room. The Uxie set has changed a few times. I decided that having both Memento and U-Turn would give me the most chances for momentum, so no regrets there. Cress is standard and a reliable late game TR setter. Magearna is freaking nasty, so I went for maximum disgust with Fairium Z. Volt Switch also helps it support the team. Mawile has Fire Fang to help with the obvious weaknesses to Ferrothorn, Celesteela, Magnezone, and Magearna. Team struggles a bit with Toxapex and Tapu Koko, so don't expect it to go too high on the ladder lol.

Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 9.12.30 AM.png
I built a team with the old school core of Scizor and Bisharp in mind. Scizor is a bulky SD user that can break through Steels if needed. Bish is nice to clean after all the wall-breaking Scizor helps with. Bulu is here more for weakening Ground moves and checking Rain to an extent. If they have Fire types, just throw out Edge early and often. Volcanion is underutilized in OU, as it as a nice set of resistances/immunity to Water and a good amount of bulk. Adding a Shuca Berry lets it surprise a lot of Ground types and EQ users outside of Terrain. SDef Heatran for Psychics, Fairies, Koko and Fire types, which is essential with 4 Fire weaknesses. Another Scarf Kartana because it's that consistent of a Scarfer.

Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 9.12.15 AM.png
This was more of a personal challenge. I haven't really built Stall before, so I wanted to see if I could make a team that I liked. Mostly standard sets with Skarmory, Gliscor, and Sableye. I went with Fightium Z Reuniclus to help with Greninja and Heatran, both of whom can be dangerous, but Energy Ball with Grassium Z can cover Greninja while also helping against Swampert, which is a very relevant threat. Also helps against Toxapex, who I have no offensive strategy against. I went Wish + Soft-boiled on Chansey to help with team longevity. I think you could consider Heal Bell, though it would be counterproductive with Gliscor. Scarf Nihilego. This thing is clutch as f*ck for having the speed and power to check/take out most Fires excluding Heatran. Foul Play helps with SD Kartana that manages to get past Skarm. HP Ice has helped several times against Z Chomp, Z Lando, and SD Gliscor. Overall, not a perfect stall team, but a bit more creative than most I've seen.

Overall, I thought Gen VII had lots of fun toys, but the power creep and bloat made it not that fun. So looking forward to a shake up in Gen VIII. Enjoy/slaughter the teams.

Last edited:

PsyducksChili

Banned deucer.
93825E5C-1CC0-4F42-9DCF-B09137F578B6.gif4D5CB73F-9498-4D5B-955C-1A5FB1C9B9D1.gifC350BB38-DC92-4FAF-AD55-A32BE680A58E.gif5192780E-29B4-4D31-B6F3-192AA6139275.gifA949A6B1-17D0-43DD-89F3-42F3B66314FF.gifAA336D5F-EF18-4042-BE68-B53C27AEBBB1.gif
for some reason you liked my psyduck aids so ill post some more cancer for clout, i guess.
somehow this works. scarf tentacruel fucks up ashgren p badly, z happy hour jirachi is a decent wincon,
magneton traps shit, ttar traps shit, latios is an okay mega and a backup calm minder. and scarf torn is there so i can distance myself from the cringe normies who use pivot/z torn. i hate this team so much, its the worst thing i have ever done, and im sure you cant unsee this shitshow of a bazaar post. enjoy

and just a disclaimer before using this. this NOT HEAT. IT’S JUST BAD. i repeat, this is NOT HEAT, LITERALLY JUST TERRIBLE.

:shelmet: :chansey: :sableye-mega: :toxapex: :excadrill: :skarmory:
- S H E L M E T S T A L L -

https://pokepast.es/09fa3aac6da0fd9a

NGL shelmet can actually pretty good. with 252 hp/252+ def it can actually take on Powerhouses such as Medicham and kartana. it can also set up spikes if you want lol. Rest of the mons are self explanatory. Chansey is chansey, so is Sableye. Pex is a good regen mon that can absorb t-spikes. Drill has extra hazard control, and skarm has sturdy and beats physical mons.

[note that the shelmet was inspired by a jamvad replay]
[also I'm not very high ladder, as i recently dropped down to 1400 from 1690 ,_, but note that the team ok down there, as i managed to get back up to 1500 pretty quickly]
[edit - now 1600 kek]​

Last edited:
EDIT:
As a tribute to all those of our favourite mons who jumped ship when they saw how horrible gen8 would be, here are some more teams featuring everyone's by which I mean my favourite to use in OU mons
Despite their absence, this post is also dedicated to the one true pokemon Spheal, as well as specs slowbro, rip my favourite pex breaker

Gone Forever (Greninja) (M) @ Groundium Z
Ability: Protean
Happiness: 187
EVs: 162 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dig
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot

The Ending (Dragalge) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 22
EVs: 252 HP / 1 Atk / 1 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes
- Focus Blast

The Great Divide (Doublade) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
Happiness: 39
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 2 Def / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak

So (Tapu Bulu) @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Happiness: 242
EVs: 249 HP / 252 Atk / 9 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Focus Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Pretend To Be (Kartana) @ Choice Scarf
Happiness: 196
EVs: 1 HP / 252 Atk / 1 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword

The New Real (Gastrodon-East) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Happiness: 194
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Recover
- Clear Smog
- Earthquake
- Scald

Gastrodon, aside from essentially soloing rain and heavily troubling magearna/heatran/koko/reuni/mlati/half the meta (this stuff is A rank material for a reason), is also the only pokemon with real recovery on this team, making it generally the safest option to switch into pokemon you can't threaten directly.
Doublade, with its 110 attack STAB gyro balls and almost impossibly stupid bulk (jolly hoopaU's banded Hyperspace Fury fails to ohko lol), provides a blanket check to almost all of the tiers' physical attackers and more specifically provides a counter to mmedi and Hawlucha. The addition of stab sneaks and sacred sword for certain switchins make it a fearsome mon for many HO teams to deal with.
Dragalge is the team's main wallbreaker, whose answers in OU are limited to Mmaw, Magearna and Chansey (which is passive enough to be safely tspiked on). Generally drop Dracos early game and sludgewave once you got rid of all the steels or expect a fairy to come in
Bulu runs FalconFocus Punch to beat skarmory so the team can break through SkarmChans cores.
The rest consists of somewhat standard mons, Zdig gren is for pex and scarf paper is scarf paper

I dont quite know (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Happiness: 0
Hidden Power: Ground
EVs: 248 HP / 79 Atk / 182 Def / 1 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Transform

How to say (Garchomp) (M) @ Rockium Z
Happiness: 39
Hidden Power: Ice
EVs: 1 HP / 252 Atk / 1 Def / 4 SpD / 252
Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

How I feel (Snorlax) (F) @ Mago Berry
Ability: Gluttony
Happiness: 134
Hidden Power: Bug
EVs: 188 HP / 130 Def / 192 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recycle
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Curse

Those Three Words (Kartana) @ Choice Band
Hidden Power: Steel
EVs: 1 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 1 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Frustration

I've said too much (Charizard) (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Happiness: 243
Hidden Power: Dragon
EVs: 249 HP / 1 Atk / 72 Def / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz

But not enough... (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
Happiness: 12
Hidden Power: Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave
- Discharge

Pimped out EVs and IVs secure solid RNGesus, Snorlax is your catch-all special wall and basically has chansey level bulk thanks to the way berrycycle works (you come into specs gren in rain while you have your berry, just keep recycling until the rain's gone), paper is paper and breaks stuff, zap and chomp need no introduction.
Zard is EV'd to outspeed and take less than 50 from burned scarflandos quake.
Ditto speed controls like no one else.

That one may have been my best team this gen, so it'll only get worse from here.

Golisopod @ Choice Band
Ability: Emergency Exit
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Aqua Jet
- Spikes
- Leech Life

Donphan @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Toxic

Magneton @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Def / 184 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Magic Coat
- Flash Cannon

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Recover
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
So after i saw this amazing RMT last gen, I stole some of the mons on there (Magneton is a don) and built this.

The Magnet is basically your everyday AV mage, except you have different resists and trade worse coverage moves for Magic Coat to help you keep rocks off for golisopod. HP grass nails Pert switchins, just lead this mon vs rain and click HP Grass.
Donphan is a weird physical tank-ish mon that somehow works in checking stuff thanks to sturdy
Gunk Ashgreb is for fini, which is distressingly common recently
Mzam is your only real tran answer so try to dodge toxics and steeliums
Florges can wishpass into donphan/magneton and switch into ashgren and similar bois

F E A R me (Togedemaru) @ Shell Bell
Level: 1
Jolly Nature
- Endeavor
- Nuzzle
- Fake Out
- Spiky Shield

I got a Suit (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Spaghetti meme (Tangrowth) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I See Gen8 (Xatu) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Future Sight
- U-turn
- Protect

A better plant (Florges) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Defog
- Toxic

TEH URN (Lanturn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Scald
- Toxic

Yes, FEAR toge balance. Hear me out, this mon's not even that bad on this team.

Fake Out with toge lets you recover rocks chip (watch out not to fake out into helmets or iron barbs though), Endeavor is Endeavor and basically spells trouble any team without a ghost type. Spiky Shield scouts for pursuit, choice-locked moves, makes wishpassing into toge after a sack trivial and creates 50/50s after you hit an endeavor.
Nuzzle does 1hp to magnezone so you can kill choice zones with endeavor->nuzzle, but toxic works in that slot if you dont face any zones

Ttar is the #1 partner to toge, able to pursuit mons that stayed at low health (and the band' power boost means that if you go TTar as they recover, you can usually create a 50/50 too), killing every blace under the sun, setting sand for Toge to kill mons in and generally being a band ttar.
Superpower is there because fuck ferro and chanseys that stay in to scout suit

Helmet Tang is familiar to most of you, but did you know leech seed gives togedemaru free switchins into things like mage if rocks are off?
sludge for bulu, hp fire for ferro and sciz, knock to knock stuff, some normal stuff here

Xatu has Magic Bounce, flies, wishpasses and future sight helps Togedemaru secure kills if you play your cards right (try hitting endeavor+sight in the same turn). Wish -> hard toge is a fine play if hazards are off, and xatu is here to keep hazards off.

Florges is your obligatory Ashgreb answer, defogger, secondary wishpasser and special wall. Not much to say honestly, dont go into this on kommo unless you know the kommo isnt subdrum

Lanturn is the koko counter we needed, but not the koko counter we deserved. Volts around, heal bells, is surprisingly persistent thanks to all the wishes thrown around on this team.
This team isnt gonna win you every game (shit like mhera, kyuB etc. just win tbh), but extremely fun in the MUs where it can do stuff

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play

Togedemaru @ Shell Bell
Level: 1
EVs: 1 Spe
- Fake Out
- Endeavor
- Spiky Shield
- U-turn

Shedinja @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Shadow Sneak
- Secret Power
- Will-O-Wisp

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Transform

EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Defog
- Taunt

Snorlax @ Iapapa Berry
Sassy Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Curse
- Recycle

Dont ask what this is, its just some stall
This would probably be better if you dropped toge for some other mon, but i cba to edit this since it was more a joke than a real team, though it worked surprisingly well for one so w/e

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Fire Punch
- Outrage

Magnezone @ Steelium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Stomping Tantrum
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

CARLOS DANGER (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 212 Atk / 44 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam

Magearna @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gyro Ball
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

Yeah I revived Dragonspam HO. Most teams only carry 1 or 2 fairies at most so it' not too hard to muscle past one.

AV Mage and Doublade are the defensive backbone incase something sets up, doublade has ridiculous bulk (lives a band hyperspace fury from jolly HoopaU) and gyro balls off stab 110 atk hurt and av mage is av mage.
Dnite and Chomp try to remove any dragon resists on the opposing team, at which point Carlos Danger (named after the OU chatrooms' resident god) goes to town with scarf outrages.

Iron head on kyuB snipes stray memekyus through disguise which otherwise endanger the team, the other moves on most mons are fairly straightforward, just click the moves that do damage

That Boi (Barbaracle) @ Rockium Z
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Shell Smash
- Cross Chop
- Liquidation

I Know Wai-Fu (Mienshao) (F) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Drain Punch

2010s Aerodactyl (Archeops) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defeatist
Hasty Nature
- Heat Wave
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Focus Blast

I See 2012 (Xatu) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heat Wave
- Psychic

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 224 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Haze
- Scald

Terra Ligma (Hippowdon) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

I honestly dont know why i built that, but it's a great way to lose elo fast!

No explanation on account of me having no idea of how this team works, but apparently it worked when i was drunk

Spoony Gandalf (Alakazam) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Psychic
- Encore
- Focus Blast

Clowning Hard (Blacephalon) @ Ghostium Z
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower

Last Train Home (Greninja-Ash) (M) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Spikes
- Water Shuriken

Bear Hugs (Snorlax) (M) @ Iapapa Berry
Sassy Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Recycle
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Curse

Big Birb (Tornadus-Therian) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Hurricane

Best Lead TBH (Excadrill) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

This team is weird to explain, basically imagine chansey HO but your chansey has 110 atk and curse.

Exca is spdef because spinning reliably was deemed more necessary than early rocks, since the defensive backbone of lax+torn is surprisingly resilient.
Encore zam snipes slow setuppers like MLatias, recover users like chansey and generally makes hardswitching it into mons on passive moves a rewarding play.
Lax is your gren, tran, zardy, tauntless gyara, Rotom, kingdra in rain and basically also everything else that lacks knock off answer, curse is more for beaging gyara than to actually win games with it but it does occasionally clean lategame if it got burned by a bad mon like rotomW
SubCM blace is spa- and not speedboosting to ensure a better matchup against msab stall teams since it's my only weapon against those.
also that peak really wasn't clickbait

Snorlax @ Mago Berry
EVs: 189 HP / 129 Def / 192 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recycle
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Curse

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 2 SpA / 252 Spe Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off
- Defog

Magearna @ Custap Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 121 Def / 136 SpA / 1 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Pain Split
- Fleur Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Garchomp @ Rockium Z
EVs: 1 HP / 252 Atk / 1 Def / 4 SpD / 252
Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Greninja (M) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 1 Def / 252 SpA / 5 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump
- Spikes

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 98 HP / 252 Atk / 150 Def / 8 SpD Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

This is an actually good team around snorlax, play lax like a chansey that isnt passive and comes into tran/subcm blace

Also shoutouts to WarioMasters for showing me the glory that is Custap Mage, that shit basically claims 2 every game

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)