Ultra Sun & Moon OU Reservation Index (READ FIRST THREE POSTS BEFORE POSTING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Gen VII OU C&C Index
If you are new to C&C and analysis writing standards, look over these threads before posting:

Welcome to the official Ultra Sun & Moon OU analysis Reservation thread. Here, you may reserve analyses for Pokemon that you are knowledgeable about and wish to contribute a analysis for.

All analyses must be approved by the OU Quality Control Team

Forum Moderators

Hootie
GMars
Leo

Reservation Rules
  • Anyone is able to reserve up to two Pokemon at a time. Badgeholders and QC members can reserve more if they wish (four being the maximum amount).
  • Pokemon that are in the high priority bracket are to be reserved by QC members and anyone with prior approval from them. This is to ensure that the most important Pokemon meet high standards required.
  • Once you figure out which Pokemon you want to reserve, post in this thread. Under the circumstances that the index isn't updated, be sure to pay attention to recent posts to see what's taken.
  • Do not edit your posts if you wish to uphold your reservation or reserve an additional Pokemon.
  • If a Pokemon is not on the reservation list and you strongly believe it deserves an OU analysis, post in this thread with a thorough explanation as to why and the QC team will address it.
  • This should be common sense, but only reserve a Pokemon if you have a good amount of knowledge about it and experience with the metagame.
  • If you have written for a Pokemon in the past and are writing for it now, do not copy and paste lines from your old analysis. This is plagiarism, and you will be punished for it.
Analysis Thread Tags
When you post your thread, be sure to use the appropriate tags for each stage of the analysis:

[WIP] - Work in Progress: The analysis is incomplete and is not ready for the QC Team to evaluate. Keep in mind that the longer your analysis stays in WIP stage, the greater the chance of it being reassigned. Please avoid making comments in these threads until they are ready unless it's something very important.

[Quality Control] - Quality Control Ready: In the thread title, include [QC 0/3]. The analysis is complete in bullet point form and now needs to seek approval by the QC Team. Make sure you update the thread title with the number of QC checks you currently have. Once you receive two checks from the QC team, the analysis must be written up in order to receive its third. Do not write up the analysis before getting two QC checks either.

[Copyediting] - Grammar-Prose Ready: In the set title, include [GP 0/2]. The three required QC approvals have been met. The Grammar-Prose team now takes over. When you are ready for GP to check your analysis, please post in the Grammar-Prose Queue with a link to your analysis.

[Done] - After the analysis gets two GP stamp, the analysis is ready for upload.

**Update your thread's tags and stamp number as you move along the process.

Reservation List
After reserving a Pokemon, you must post your analysis in a timely fashion. Your analysis thread must be up in 48 hours (2 days) or your reservation will be dropped. After that, you have 3-4 days to get it QC ready. If you have any extenuating circumstances that prevent you from getting up your thread within this time frame, notify a QC member. Do not reserve an analysis you don't have time to do. Pokemon analysis will be categorized under the following headings:
  • Unreserved: The Pokemon has yet to be claimed by someone.
  • Reserved: The Pokemon is claimed by someone.
  • In Progress: The Pokemon's analysis has been posted and is going through the process.
  • Completed: The Pokemon's analysis is complete and is awaiting upload.

Choice Scarf Victini - Indigo Plateau
Mega Latias - Jordy
Screens Tapu Koko - LL
Alolam Golem - Flame from Heaven
Zygarde revamp - sedertz

If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to ask any of the Quality Control members or the leaders themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This will be unlocked when Naganadel gets banned this weekend, because there's no point writing analysis with Naganadel mentions when it's just going to get banned anyway. Sorry this is a pretty underwhelming list but I've been pretty on top of things keeping most of the analysis updated so not many of them need revamps. The only Pokemon that are currently getting revamped are most likely only getting one due to move tutors. I may add some more as time goes by though, so this is by no means permanent. Other changes such as Defog Lando-T, are not significant enough to need entire analysis revamps, and I can just edit those changes in as the meta develops. Same with other stuff like Knock Off Pex, other niche Defog users, etc. Lower tier Pokemon might need revamps at some point depending on how significant their niche changes, or not.

If you think I should add something to this list that needs revamped or changed significantly, please leave a post in the discussion thread, and QC will take it into consideration. Keep in mind that if the Pokemon is not currently ranked on the Viability Ranking thread, it will NOT be getting an analysis, so don't bother asking. Also, because of how minimal this list is, everyone will be restricted to ONE analysis at a time. This is so other people can have a chance to contribute, instead of some badgeholder coming in and reserving half of the analysis. Once your analysis is completed, only then can you reserve another, if it isn't taken. This also applies to us QC members, so we can only have one as well.

I will tag everyone in the OU QC Discord when this is open, so people can't bitch about not being notified. Turn on your notifications if you wanna have first dibs on shit. No one is getting pre reservations, so don't even bother asking me. First come, first serve.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hello fellow Contributors, Ladybugs, and future Contributors alike!

After Naganadel's banishment, the Quality Control team and OU C&C Staff have decided to re-open the OU Reservation thread. We are going to run things a bit differently from normal as noted above in the OP and Gary 's first post.

Furthermore, we are also going to be a bit more strict on time - barring if any significant metagame changes arise. Many people appear to want to write analyses, and we personally feel that it is unfair that someone holds an analysis for so long. While we will be a little lenient on the first batch of reservations due to the volatile nature of the metagame (after all, Naganadel was just banned today), do bear in mind that the OU C&C Staff will keep a closer track record on things that are not getting done. If a person is being constantly reminded to update the thread or failing to implement Quality Control / Grammar-Prose thread there will be harsher consequences this time around. Also, if an analysis has significant quality issues (metagame knowledge, grammar / prose) to the point that the analysis nearly needs to be re-written we will also reserve the right to relinquish the analysis and re-assign it. We are not grandfathering anyone in for this new rule, so previous analyses also apply to this new procedure as well. Tagging P Squared , The Dutch Plumberjack , and GatoDelFuego so that they are aware of this new implementation as well.

With that in mind, we have officially temporarily barred analysis writing from the following user(s). This does not mean that they are permanently barred from C&C nor does it mean that they can never write an analysis again, though they are not allowed to reserve or write another analysis until they are cleared from this list:
  • Ash Borer (failure to implement checks properly, failure to notify members when checks were completed, fluffy prose)
We are also going to keep a closer eye on the following user(s) due to their poor track record of either implementing checks in a timely fashion and / or due to poor grammar / prose. These users are not necessarily barred from writing analyses, but failure to properly follow procedures may result in being temporarily barred in the future. Like the list above these users can also be removed from the list if they follow procedure properly after some time. These users may lose privileges for extensions if the reason they are on this list is failure to implement checks in a timely fashion:
  • Vertex (failure to implement checks in a timely fashion)
I request that everyone follow the rules and read the posts before making a reservation and writing an analyses. The tools are readily available for everyone to use, and questions can be re-directed towards me throughout the next couple of days to help Hootie with school and Grant with his new OU Tier Leading duties.

Last edited:

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
First gentle reminder that everyone has about 36 hours from this post to get their analysis in QC stage.

Secondly, to tackle the problem presented here I will be making sure to enforce this:
If you think I should add something to this list that needs revamped or changed significantly, please leave a post in the discussion thread, and QC will take it into consideration.
Ergo, bringing up the set via PMs to me either on Discord or forums will be considered invalid and ignored.

If you would like to suggest adding a set or a significant change, you may post it in here. From there QC will evaluate whether to accept or reject. If the person wishes to reserve the analysis due to suggesting it I will allow it, but it must be mentioned in the post that you wish to reserve it AND you must not already have a reserved analysis as well. Furthermore, we will determine if the person is allowed to reserve the analysis. I will at least try to be fair when exercising this new rule.

Tagging LL since this was brought to my attention of adding something this morning.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
Can I reserve a set writeup analysis for suicide lead Focus Sash Landorus-T? It's commonly used on HO on ladder especially, being almost omnipresent on both Sticky Web and Aurora Veil HO. Sorry for asking on discord instead of here
It's cool.

I will allow the exception. You will be granted 48 hours to get it QC ready. If you need a little extra time let me know immediately.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
To show I was dead serious, I have relinquished the three Pokemon that were not completed at the due time without asking for extensions.

Stakataka, Rotom-Wash, and Araquanid are back up for reservation

All 3 are low priority.

I really want Stakataka fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)