Project UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, pretty new to the whole scene so I'm not particularly good at team building.

Could I request a BO or HO team built around one of these two pokemon (or both if you have the time). Also I am open to the sets being modified.

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch

Haxorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Could I get an offense team with the legendary double dragon combo of SD Haxorus and Scarf Lati? Thanks.
angery dracoboi (Haxorus) @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

bullis r bad (Latias) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Healing Wish

Hi, can you do a team about Nidoqueen Toxic Spikes + Suicuna Subprotect+CM+scald?

Balance team i think

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Bomb

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Protect
- Scald
- Substitute

yeezyknows

Banned deucer.
Hi, can you do a team about Nidoqueen Toxic Spikes + Suicuna Subprotect+CM+scald?

Balance team i think

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Bomb

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Protect
- Scald
- Substitute

https://pastebin.com/sTc83VcF

Hey, just whipped this up, hope you like it

In addition to the core you gave, i put on M-Agg for rocks and great defensive synergy with cune, hera to threaten slower/bulkier builds, lati for speed control and amoon for general glue purposes.

clear smog's on amoon instead of hp fire as a means of dealing w m-bro, but as a result SD superpower scizor can be a big problem if you let it set up.

other than that, not too much else to say, enjoy playing!

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Haxorus @ Dragonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Dragon Dance

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
- Knock Off

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Roost

Seismitoad @ Expert Belt
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stealth Rock

Latias @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Defog

I started with the core of Crawdaunt + Haxorus. I modified the sets a little bit; changed Crawdaunt to Swords Dance and Haxorus to Dragonium Z. I added Scizor because it just greatly compliments the set-up spam core I started with, and because it can take advantage of -2 Latias, a huge threat to the starting core, and set up. I wanted a Fairy-type because I still felt really threatened by Dragon-types, especially with Fire coverage. Altaria seemed very fitting because it further enhanced the set-up spam nature of the team. At this point, I wanted Stealth Rock, Electric-type immunity, and a decent Scizor check. I decided to add Offensive Seismitoad because it lures in Scizor that may wanna U-turn on it to get chip, and lures threats to offense, such as Serperior, and severely weakens them to be in the range of either Crawdaunt or Scizor's priority. I lacked Speed control and I wanted a reliable revenge killer to faster Pokemon, such as Serperior, Crobat, and Mega Manectric. Latias was the all-around best choice because it also provides the team with Defog and Healing Wish support.

xShazzy I hope you'll have fun with the team as much as I did!

Last edited:

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Haxorus @ Dragonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Dragon Dance

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
- Knock Off

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Roost

Seismitoad @ Expert Belt
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stealth Rock

Latias @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Defog

I started with the core of Crawdaunt + Haxorus. I modified the sets a little bit; changed Crawdaunt to Swords Dance and Haxorus to Dragonium Z. I added Scizor because it just greatly compliments the set-up spam core I started with, and because it can take advantage of -2 Latias, a huge threat to the starting core, and set up. I wanted a Fairy-type because I still felt really threatened by Dragon-types, especially with Fire coverage. Altaria seemed very fitting because it further enhanced the set-up spam nature of the team. At this point, I wanted Stealth Rock, Electric-type immunity, and a decent Scizor check. I decided to add Offensive Seismitoad because it lures in Scizor that may wanna U-turn on it to get chip, and lures threats to offense, such as Serperior, and severely weakens them to be in the range of either Crawdaunt or Scizor's priority. I lacked Speed control and I wanted a reliable revenge killer to faster Pokemon, such as Serperior, Crobat, and Mega Manectric. Latias was the all-around best choice because it also provides the team with Defog and Healing Wish support.

xShazzy I hope you'll have fun with the team as much as I did!

Thank you very much for the team! Going to play about with it now. Looks like mad fun to use :D

Felixx

I'm back.

https://pastebin.com/sTc83VcF

Hey, just whipped this up, hope you like it

In addition to the core you gave, i put on M-Agg for rocks and great defensive synergy with cune, hera to threaten slower/bulkier builds, lati for speed control and amoon for general glue purposes.

clear smog's on amoon instead of hp fire as a means of dealing w m-bro, but as a result SD superpower scizor can be a big problem if you let it set up.

other than that, not too much else to say, enjoy playing!
Isn't sludge wave always better than sludge bomb on a sheer force nidoqueen?

Hey, I've always enjoyed Porygon 2, decided I want a team built around it. Anything other then stall is fine. Thanks in advance!

This is just a sample set; if you think moves/evs need to be adjusted for teambuilding feel free;
Porygon 2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpDef
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam

1523077912619.png
1523077890491.png

Hydreigon @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Taunt

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Heal Bell
- Air Slash
- Roost

I think this Core has a lot of potential, as the increasing variety in stall warrants more than one stallbreaker on teams with poor stall matchups. They have the duality of being a mon with heavy immediate power + a setup wincon, they also tend to accel more against stalls the other struggles with. The Togekiss-consuming Mega Aggron stall tends not to faze taunt Hydra too bad while the Mega Altaria based stall that brings Hydra agony is Togekiss' field day. The sets can be modified and tweaked as long as they remain effective stallbreakers. I'd love a Bulky Offense or Balanced based team with these two since those are my main playstyles, but I'm not picky about what I get. Thank you in advance!

Hi, I'd like a bulky offense team with volcanion and gliscor. I think this is a good core, but i'm not that good. Gliscor can deal with the earthand electric weakness of volcanion when volcanion can absorb water and ice weakness of gliscor. I thought about the sets, but you can change them if you want :) I chose volcanion cause he can beat azumarill, and with hp grass he takes out swampert or seismitoad. Gliscor fits well with it I think and is a fast rock setter. Thanks!

Here are the sets :

Volcanion @ Assault Vest
EVs: 84 HP / 252 SpA / 172 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 76 Atk / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roost
- U-turn

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Amaroq. I've never asked for a team before, but I've had great fun reading about and messing with the ones you guys have made for others. Thank you so much for all the help you've given!

I was going to ask (now to our two new hosts!) if I could have a Hail/Veil team based around:

Aurorus @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Blizzard
- Encore
- Hidden Power [Fire]
with maybe Freeze-Dry/Thunder Wave replacing one of the last three

Sandslash-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Slush Rush
Jolly Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
with maybe Hail instead of EQ or RS for opposing Hippos switching in

So far I've most enjoyed using Linoone/Slurpuff with these two (standard Belly Drum sets), but I see they are C rank or below so I won't ask for them specifically.
A would like an offensive Veil team, ideally with set-up sweepers and a few Pokemon to deal with the teams weaknesses (eg other weather setters and phasers, in particular Hippo can be a pain). If you need me to narrow down the options above, I'd be happy to, but thought it best to leave it open for now since I'm not 100% sure on what I'm doing and I'd imagine it depends on the rest of the team. I'm a bit of a noob so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you once again!

Last edited:
I would like to request a team built around Infernape sweeping. Here’s the set I normally run as wallbreaker( in hindsight, not sure why I run it as that).

Infernape @ Choice Band
Ability:Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Sp.Def
Adamant Nature
-Flare Blitz
-Mach Punch
-Grass Knot
-U-turn

I run Grass Knot because prediction Grass Knot into switch-in Waters is devastating, even if all of Infernape’s power is on the physical side, it’s special attack it pretty good too. I run Mach Punch over Close Combat because Close Combat’s Defense drop leaves it extremely vulnerable to revenge killing. Also Mach Punch priority is great.

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi, we're going to be shifting to a new thread. Just so you guys know, I'm planning to wipe out every request that's still standing as long as it's not on this page (page 8). All other requests are pretty much more than a month old, so I'd like to make use of the tier shifts just dropping to start anew. As far as currently listed teams, they're all outdated as hell at this point anyway too, so we'll just list the ones that are from the most recent 2 months to have something there.

Finally, we're likely to open builder applications again for a short period of time, so keep a lookout for the new thread!

e: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/underused-teambuilding-lab-v2.3632393/#post-7753834 new thread

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)