Project usum teambuilding workshop [closed until further notice]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I wanna return to competitive in Showdown but I'm rusty (and not good to begin with) and I'm not too familiar with the new gen mons (only played SM main game once till becoming champ). Still wanna have a team around new mons so if possible, I'll request a double specs team around Tapu Koko and Blacephalon. I like Specs and Koko and Blacephalon seem to complement each other (Koko hits water, Blace hits grass).

Sets:

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice

Blacephalon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Overheat
- Trick

Kinda hard to format and add sprites cause on mobile so if I did something wrong please tell me. Thanks!

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader

I'm here to requeat a Mega Medicham and Greninja-Ash team.

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes

The way this offensive core works shouldn't be a secret to anyone in particular, given simple, straightforward and still outstandingly effective it is. To cut the long story short: Mega Medicham - at the moment one of the most stronger breakers on the OU - pressures and potentially gets rid of Gren's answers (Pex, AV users, Chansey, to mention a few), while it does pretty much the same for Medi, putting weight against most of its checks and counters (Bulky Psychics and some ghosts) - all this back and forth in order to reduce the opposing team to nothing but shreds.

I think this is good enough. As closing words, let me say that I'm not picky about the direction this team should take. Anyone is free to grab this request it and build around it in any way they deem fit. Don't worry about these little details and have fun while getting the work done.

Thanks in advance.
Team here

Basically, this is a pretty standard bulky-offensive team around this core. A lot of people would give the Z to Magearna, but having the Z on Heatran is pretty crucial here in order to lure/kill things like Mega-Sableye, Mew, and even Reuniclus (as well as help vs the stall MU in general). It tends to open games against fatter teams for Mega-Medicham. Shuca on Magearna allows you to have so many set-up opportunities against offensive teams and function as a stellar win conditon and with the pressure of spikes, medicham, and ash greninja, it is really easy to break open teams for Magearna. All in all, this is one of my favorite teams rn and I have used it quite a bit recently -- just try to avoid those whacky bulky mlati + clef + reuni fat builds we've seen an increase in lately and you should be well-off!

Requesting a team for Volcarona + Latios. Volcarona sets don't matter just as long as the Latios is the standard one (Scarf/Specs/LO/Soul Dew whatever lol).

I've tried to build Volcarona teams before, but none of them works at all. I would prefer a Balanced Offensive team, as Hyper Offense is just too reliant on mind games and I just want a solid, safe team.

talah

from the river to the sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Zard X
requested by aogalicia

[click the sprites for the importable]
(excuse the wait, i've had this ready for a LONG time now i just never got around to posting it)

zard x is definitely a cool mon - a lot of teams aren't properly prepared for it and it can wallbreak quite effectively. i deviated a bit from the standard set of 3 attacks+roost and instead went for wisp+2 attacks+roost, but keeping a more offensive spread. this allows you to still be very threatening offensively but not being trapped by tyranitar, being harder to revenge kill by scarf lando, weakening defensive lando with a lot more ease, etc. the targets that dragon claw hit, namely zygarde and mlatios get crippled(zygarde) or trapped because of the burn(mlatios). its overall a cool set but dragon claw, even dragon dance are fine choices even so.

next mon that was added was koko. it was originally volt switch but later became defog, which is honestly fine - you take full advantage of the momentum loss since all of koko's checks are zard x fodder. shuca is the item of choice to let you take on lando more easily, especially after burn. electrium z is also a viable alternative, however.

tyranitar is used in order to trap problematic mons like choiced tapu lele, mlatios so zard has an easier time breaking. mlatios being burned is huge for it too, since you no longer die to EQ into Draco. it also pressures defensive lando even more, giving charizard more opportunities.

ferrothorn is was then added to cover the ash gren weakness as well as provide spike support, which all of the previous mons can appreciate. thunder wave as the last move was chosen in order to help with kartana, volcarona, heatran, etc.

scarfed lando-t provides u-turn support to zard x, something to clean late game as well as a possible second defogger. the last slot is interchangeable, though. ive used both defog and superpower and i like both options, but others like rock slide, knock off, punishment are also fine. the spread helps deal with zygarde, pinsir while outspeeding max speed mega alakazam.

clefable rounds out the team as a better zygarde pivot, a reliable rocker and a defensive dark resist. calm mind is chosen in the flexible slot to have an easier time against stall/fatter MUs, however thunder wave, knock off or even flamethrower are also decent alternatives.

things to look out for include z move lele, which will always get 1 kill, pretty much but is easily revengeable by charizard and gives it a breaking chance.
cm keldeo is a tough MU for this team, since it can pressure at least tyranitar and charizard and get cm opportunities - its possible to play around but will more than not get at least 1 kill, much like lele.

s/o to sorry for helpin build this btw

Zard X
requested by aogalicia

[click the sprites for the importable]
(excuse the wait, i've had this ready for a LONG time now i just never got around to posting it)

zard x is definitely a cool mon - a lot of teams aren't properly prepared for it and it can wallbreak quite effectively. i deviated a bit from the standard set of 3 attacks+roost and instead went for wisp+2 attacks+roost, but keeping a more offensive spread. this allows you to still be very threatening offensively but not being trapped by tyranitar, being harder to revenge kill by scarf lando, weakening defensive lando with a lot more ease, etc. the targets that dragon claw hit, namely zygarde and mlatios get crippled(zygarde) or trapped because of the burn(mlatios). its overall a cool set but dragon claw, even dragon dance are fine choices even so.

next mon that was added was koko. it was originally volt switch but later became defog, which is honestly fine - you take full advantage of the momentum loss since all of koko's checks are zard x fodder. shuca is the item of choice to let you take on lando more easily, especially after burn. electrium z is also a viable alternative, however.

tyranitar is used in order to trap problematic mons like choiced tapu lele, mlatios so zard has an easier time breaking. mlatios being burned is huge for it too, since you no longer die to EQ into Draco. it also pressures defensive lando even more, giving charizard more opportunities.

ferrothorn is was then added to cover the ash gren weakness as well as provide spike support, which all of the previous mons can appreciate. thunder wave as the last move was chosen in order to help with kartana, volcarona, heatran, etc.

scarfed lando-t provides u-turn support to zard x, something to clean late game as well as a possible second defogger. the last slot is interchangeable, though. ive used both defog and superpower and i like both options, but others like rock slide, knock off, punishment are also fine. the spread helps deal with zygarde, pinsir while outspeeding max speed mega alakazam.

clefable rounds out the team as a better zygarde pivot, a reliable rocker and a defensive dark resist. calm mind is chosen in the flexible slot to have an easier time against stall/fatter MUs, however thunder wave, knock off or even flamethrower are also decent alternatives.

things to look out for include z move lele, which will always get 1 kill, pretty much but is easily revengeable by charizard and gives it a breaking chance.
cm keldeo is a tough MU for this team, since it can pressure at least tyranitar and charizard and get cm opportunities - its possible to play around but will more than not get at least 1 kill, much like lele.

s/o to sorry for helpin build this btw
Didn’t mind wait for the team. It turned out really great if you ask me. Really like the new Zard set. It provides the team with a better way to cripple physical attackers other than just intimidate. Double defog looks great on the team too. Overall really like the team, the wait was worth it, also thank you so much for taking the time to create the team and type this out. Once again thank you.

Alolan_Raichu_SM.gif
Tapu_Koko_SM.gif

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Tapu Koko @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

Description: Basic Core consisting of Alolan Raichu and Tapu Koko. At +2 Special Attack, Alolachu OHKOs a majority of the walls in the metagame using a corresponding move. After the boosts, it 2HKOs Chansey with Focus Blast and 2HKOs Unaware Clefable with Thunderbolt (With the Electric Terrain active).. The only problematic Pokemon for this core are listed below.
Quasire
Tangrowth
Hippowdon
Gastrodon
Latios-Mega
Tapu Bulu (Removes Electric Terrain)
Tapu Fini (Removes Electric Terrain)

If someone is able to build a team around this core, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Hopefully it goes through this time

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Taunt
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam

Surprisingly, the more defensive Tapu is the least tilting. I like it because it's quite bulky, even for a Defog user, and despite not having recovery besides Leftovers, it does clear other terrains and mostly keeps status problems away for a while, therefore living quite well, in the end. Thanks to the terrain, it even helps against stall, weirdly enough. If needed, you can give it HP Fire or smth, or replace anything but Defog with Haze. Anything but stall works for me.

1524408857395.png

Mew @ Mewnium Z
Ability: Synchronize
Timid / Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Aura Sphere
- Nasty Plot
- Rock Polish

I'd like to request a Bulky Offense team using the offensive mew set. Most people expect this to act as a defogger/support mon, and bring in either dark types or mons such as heatran to check/counter it. However, this set gives Mew a fighting chance against these, threatening slower answers out with nasty plot and faster ones out with rock polish. Genesis Supernova deals insane damage at +2 SpA and sets up Psychic Terrain which not only powers up Psychic in addition to the STAB boost but prevents priority from revenge killing you. This could be very useful if you have another cleaner that appreciates this support, e.g Mega Diancie, Mega Alakazam and Volcarona.

1524454305431.png

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 16 SpD / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Protect

haven't used this thing in sooo long esp with pex and kart being everywhere, but i think Suicune could be good in ou. id prefer a balance team as opposed to hyper offense but do what you want with this mon.

Hey requesting a balanced team around banded Hoopa-u. Hoopa-u has a lot of wallbreaking potential and can demolish teams with it's STAB hyperspace fury and Zen butt plus coverage as i recently saw in a tournament battle. The set is as follows

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch
- Zen Headbutt

I am new to the usum OU metagame so i don't know any good core with this. The builder is free to change the moveset as per the requirement of the team.If the builder can explain the teambuilding process a bit then I'd be really grateful as it'll be helpful for me in near future :). Thanks in advance! cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)