UU Community Create-a-Team - Team #5 | Hiatus

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
alright I'm a bit late but... the final team stands as,

Since there was a tie between Expert Belt and Shuca Berry Metagross, I decided that Shuca Berry would be the better route to take. This helps provide us a better matchup against mons like Terrakion and (maybe-ish) Mega Aerodactyl that will likely have Earthquake to RK Metagross. Togekiss and Volcanion had the majority vote so no questions there.

Haxorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab
- Mach Punch

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell / Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Metagross @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 236 HP / 96 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Crunch / Earthquake / Aqua Tail
- Aerial Ace

Volcanion @ Grassium Z
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Solar Beam

Alright, now is the discussion part of the team. This is where you share your thoughts about the current team (preferably after you played a few games with) and maybe propose some changes for the team raters to take into consideration ^^. Also this would be the time where we will be "voting" on the "/'s" for Togekiss and Mega Aerodactyl. Post away ^^

The discussion will last maybe 1-3 days depending on how fruitful it turns out​

Howdy my fellow Alolans! Wasn't sure how to start this off so I went with that. After playing with this team for a couple days now (haven't got any quality replays yet) I'll say this, this team performs really well together. One of the problems with this team, though, is that Haxorus has tough times sweeping during some games. Haxorus' bulk is not that great and what is resists usually has another STAB to hit it hard with or just has SE coverage for it. Togekiss can spread t-waves very easily; I usually get 1-3 t-waves per game. Conkeldurr is such a great pivot and I love bringing it in as a double. Metagross consistently gets up rocks (even if togekiss defogs them away, Metagross can still come in again to bring them up again due to it's bulk). And Mega Aerodactyl is a fantastic late game sweeper and/or just mid-game hole puncher. Volcanion is great as a lure as people guess specs a lot of the times of scarf when I bring it on a slower mon but see lackluster damage on the pivot; not too many people guess grassium Z. The ones that do guess it usually still have a tough time against it + togekiss (burning and t-waving).

This team has a tough time with Swellow by the way, yea I know right? Swellow is annoying for this team, especially if the players predicts right when going for heat wave on metagross and u-turning on mega aero to get off chip damage with rocks up. I'll also say that I feel like Haxorus is the weakest member of the team and I feel as though it needs better ways of sweeping (which is why I suggested alolan persian at the very beginning). Haxorus works great at hole bunching but man is it tough for it to get off a d-dance. Pursuit feels unneeded most games, by the way, on metagross, especially if latias isnt on the opposing team.

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
Alright gonna drop my thoughts here before I put this team up for a rate, I wish I had my replays but my computer chose to update and the links I had on a notepad doc poofed

So after some tinkering with the team, I agree with tmacbalanced that the team is very weak to Swellow as well as Bewear and both Nidos. Swellow, Bewear, and both Nidos were quite difficult to deal with since we did not have any safe switchins but, we did have ways to RK them (Mach Punch / Aero for Swellow, Togekiss / Volc for Bewear, and Aero for Nidos). Mega Aerodactyl was also a bitch to deal with since it required a lot of scouting before I was able to have a fine switch-in.

As for the weakest member of the team, I actually found Mega Aerodactyl the weakest on the team. While it is our fastest mon, I didn't find it useful other than checking the Nidos (probably because I ran Earthquake so it wasn't too useful against Hippo and Gliscor). I also didn't find Hone Claws too useful, I found just a simple AoA set worked best with Aqua Tail over Hone Claws. I found that Haxorus had a pretty easy time considering I faced like maybe 4 different stall teams where Haxorus was able to set up on like bulky Mega Aeros and Mantine (this one had Air Slash over Haze). Even against balanced / offensive teams I still felt like it managed to pull its own weight.

Anyways, I tried doing some replacing like running Scarf Krookodile (Cake's Mega Aero replacement), Utility Rocks Clefable, AV Metagross, and Mega Blastoise.

So Scarf Krookodile basically replaced Mega Aerodactyl obviously and, I kept the same team. I actually preferred Krookodile over Mega Aerodactyl at times since it was a nice check to Mega Aerodactyl, who we were quite weak to, while still being able to outspeed and check Nidos and Swellow. This is a personal bias but, I dont really like teams with more than 2 stealth rocks weakness sooo...

Clefable + AV Metagross + Mega Blastoise basically replaced Togekiss and Mega Aerodactyl. This trio was pretty solid actually, Clefable acted as a rocks setter while being able to check mons like Terrakion, Mega Aero, and Krookodile. AV Metagross was able to Pursuit trap Latias a lot easier with the extra Spdef. While Mega Blastoise was just a solid choice for a spinner since it is really popular (It also helped check Ground-types better since Volcanion is weak to it). I only played like maybe 2 games with this trio since that's all I had time for but, I encourage anyone to try it out!

Anyways I'll post again once the RMT is up ^^ Also Team #3 will start tomorrow so take this time to think about which mon(s) you would like to build around with!

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
ok Team #3 commences right now, if you have been following this project you probably know the drill so...

All posts must include...
- either 1 Pokemon or a 2-Pokemon core
- the set(s) in this format

post away! ^^

deadline - 5/24 @ 11:59 PM PST

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 136 Atk / 120 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot

Wassup. Special ape is actually pretty fun. Mixnape lets it break through some things like Swampert and Cune that would wall it while still punching things like Blissey in the face. Figured it'd be fun to build around and I'm not allowed to say Delphox.

Pffft what is a mix tape infernape to a Goddess Blissey?! You all should know the pure power that is the pink blob! The main event that is pif's mascot. King UU's Queen. The powerhouse that sparrow used to counter clefable with such serene grace in uupl.
Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpA or 172 HP / 252 Def / 84 SpAtk (Second EV spread is from coffee addict in the underrated sets thread)
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock/Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Ice Beam/Fire Blast/Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt/Ice Beam
So this is a lure set that can catch many pokes off guard like, Scizor, Nidoking/NidoQueen, Cobalion, and Mega Blastoise/Aerodactyl.
The first EV spread is just for a little extra power as it can allow you to beat psyshock Latias first with the combination of toxic + Ice Beam. The second EV spread allows you to knock out all Scizor variants with Fire Blast. I've ran these sets quite a few times and had a lot of fun with them as it is nice to live hits comfortably and just dish out a huge amount back. I think it would be really fun building with this monster. By the way, the first EV spread is my own that I gained inspiration from pokemon sparrow's serene grace set and coffee addict's fire blast set.

Crawdaunt @ Waterium Z / Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Alright my first submission to start a team! Figured it would be fun to continue the pattern of using a powerful set-up mon to build around. Crawdaunt is a powerful wallbreaker (and an underrated Water) with Adaptability and two great STABs (Knock Off is pretty spammable). I went with Waterium Z for the item because Z-Crabhammer is a behemoth of a move, able to KO defensive Scizor and Unaware Clefable after Rocks, Quagsire and likely to KO Bold Klefki. However, Life Orb can be considered for more consistent damage and to use a Z-move on someone else. Obviously Crawdaunt would need some help like speed control, hazards and a switch-in to water resists like Keldeo, but that's easy to do if we start with Crawdaunt.

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist

Venomoth @ Bugnium-Z
Ability: Tinted Lens
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Sleep Powder
- Roost / Sludge Bomb / Hidden Power [Ground] / Substitute

Thanks to UUPL, it is now known that Venomoth is quite the potent setup sweeper in the UU tier, considering it went from the obscurity of C- to B in viability. Venomoth is very scary for teams that are unprepared for it, imo due to Tinted Lens which basically deals neutral damage to any Pokemon that is resistant to its attacks. The set is pretty standard, Quiver Dance, Bug Buzz, and Sleep Powder are mandatory in order for Venomoth to pull off a sweep. The last slot is basically a toss up for whatever Venomoth needs that the team doesn't have (did that make sense?). Roost is for recovery, Sludge Bomb is nice secondary STAB, Hidden Power Ground to deal super-effective damage to Steels/Rocks/Fires, or Substitute to prevent a stray Thunder Wave from affecting it while also potentially giving Venomoth a free Quiver Dance or attack. Disable could also be pretty neat against bulkier setup users like Suicune and such but, it seems pretty bad overall (or just outclassed).

As for team members, obviously hazard control is a must since Venomoth is weak to rocks while it benefits a lot from entry hazards on the opposing field to weaken bulkier checks like Empoleon. Someone to deal with revenge killers like Talonflame and Mega Absol would also be nice as well. Tbh I'm pretty blank when it comes to Venomoth so I'm hoping to improve my knowledge on it if we do decide to pick it ^^

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
I actually will be ending submissions early since 4 submissions is actually pretty decent sooo... Anyways we have,

Nightingales - Specially Mixed Infernape
Infernape @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot

Wassup. Special ape is actually pretty fun. Mixnape lets it break through some things like Swampert and Cune that would wall it while still punching things like Blissey in the face. Figured it'd be fun to build around and I'm not allowed to say Delphox.

tmacbalanced - Blissey
Pffft what is a mix tape infernape to a Goddess Blissey?! You all should know the pure power that is the pink blob! The main event that is pif's mascot. King UU's Queen. The powerhouse that sparrow used to counter clefable with such serene grace in uupl.
Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpA or 172 HP / 252 Def / 84 SpAtk (Second EV spread is from coffee addict in the underrated sets thread)
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock/Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Ice Beam/Fire Blast/Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt/Ice Beam
So this is a lure set that can catch many pokes off guard like, Scizor, Nidoking/NidoQueen, Cobalion, and Mega Blastoise/Aerodactyl.
The first EV spread is just for a little extra power as it can allow you to beat psyshock Latias first with the combination of toxic + Ice Beam. The second EV spread allows you to knock out all Scizor variants with Fire Blast. I've ran these sets quite a few times and had a lot of fun with them as it is nice to live hits comfortably and just dish out a huge amount back. I think it would be really fun building with this monster. By the way, the first EV spread is my own that I gained inspiration from pokemon sparrow's serene grace set and coffee addict's fire blast set.

OrangeGuru - Waterium-Z Crawdaunt
Crawdaunt @ Waterium Z / Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Alright my first submission to start a team! Figured it would be fun to continue the pattern of using a powerful set-up mon to build around. Crawdaunt is a powerful wallbreaker (and an underrated Water) with Adaptability and two great STABs (Knock Off is pretty spammable). I went with Waterium Z for the item because Z-Crabhammer is a behemoth of a move, able to KO defensive Scizor and Unaware Clefable after Rocks, Quagsire and likely to KO Bold Klefki. However, Life Orb can be considered for more consistent damage and to use a Z-move on someone else. Obviously Crawdaunt would need some help like speed control, hazards and a switch-in to water resists like Keldeo, but that's easy to do if we start with Crawdaunt.

HotFuzzBall - Venomoth
Venomoth @ Bugnium-Z
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Sleep Powder

Thanks to UUPL, it is now known that Venomoth is quite the potent setup sweeper in the UU tier, considering it went from the obscurity of C- to B in viability. Venomoth is very scary for teams that are unprepared for it, imo due to Tinted Lens which basically deals neutral damage to any Pokemon that is resistant to its attacks. The set is pretty standard, Quiver Dance, Bug Buzz, and Sleep Powder are mandatory in order for Venomoth to pull off a sweep. The last slot is basically a toss up for whatever Venomoth needs that the team doesn't have (did that make sense?). Roost is for recovery, Sludge Bomb is nice secondary STAB, Hidden Power Ground to deal super-effective damage to Steels/Rocks/Fires, or Substitute to prevent a stray Thunder Wave from affecting it while also potentially giving Venomoth a free Quiver Dance or attack. Disable could also be pretty neat against bulkier setup users like Suicune and such but, it seems pretty bad overall (or just outclassed).

As for team members, obviously hazard control is a must since Venomoth is weak to rocks while it benefits a lot from entry hazards on the opposing field to weaken bulkier checks like Empoleon. Someone to deal with revenge killers like Talonflame and Mega Absol would also be nice as well. Tbh I'm pretty blank when it comes to Venomoth so I'm hoping to improve my knowledge on it if we do decide to pick it ^^

Deadline for Voting will be 5/24 @ 11:59 PM PST

also check out the RMT for Team #2 which received a rate courtesy of Kreme! If you can, post your thoughts / comments / concerns with the team over at the RMT (I'll be doing it after I get a chance to play with it at some point this week ^^)

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sm-uu-ccat-2.3604391/

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
yeah I would have to vote for Crawdaunt (probably won't matter but...) since it is very underrated and will destroy teams that are not prepare for it due to how good Water / Dark + Adaptibility STAB is, also it lacks reliable switch-ins in the tier (only one I can think of is Chesnaught if Crawdaunt doesn't run Aerial Ace) and it can probably 2(o)hko the entire tier.

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
alright gonna end voting right now since there is a clear winner which is obviously Venomoth

Venomoth -
Infernape - 3
Crawdaunt - 2

Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Sleep Powder

Anyways team-building starts right now with Round 2!

Submissions will end @ 5/27, 11:59 PM PST

Noticed last night that Venomoth can and does struggle with some things like Cobalion if it can't sleep it, Blissey in general, Scizor just overall ignores most of it, so back up we go with...

Infernape @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot

Where Ape beats the bulkier things like Blissey, Cobalion, Swampert if SpD, and Scizor for Venomoth and just gives it an easier time sweeping in the first place. We'll still need something to handle mega Aero but this feels like a good place to start.

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

Mega Blastoise supports Venomoth a lot. Hazard removal is essential on a Venomoth team, since it's weak to SR. Blastoise also takes hits from Mega Aerodactyl and Krookodile, OHKOing them with Hydro Pump. Blastoise's EV Spread allows it to outspeed Adamant Scizor, which threatens Venomoth as well.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)