UUPL V - Finals - Won by Mikan Island Monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

banner by HotFuzzBall

Finals

Mikan Island Monsters (6) vs Blackthorn City Battlegirls (2)

SM UU: Sacri' vs Poek
SM UU: Aquadext vs YABO
SM UU: King UU vs TDK
SM UU: Slurmz vs rozes
ORAS UU: Rodriblutar vs Pearl
ORAS UU: Teddeh vs Tony
BW UU: r0ady vs Finchinator
BW UU: Advantage vs Bugzinator
DPP UU: Eo vs Malekith
ADV UU: Colchonero vs Floppy

Deadline June 4th, 11:59 PM GMT -4.
Records and Standings

Last edited by a moderator:

Amaroq

Cover me.
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Congratulations to the finalists. I hope to see an excellent series during the upcoming week.

I'd like to apologize to my team for basically being dead weight for the entirety of the season. You guys didn't deserve to be punished for spending 10,000 credits with the expectation that I'd be useful. You were all way more supportive than I deserved, and I cannot express my appreciation for that enough. I enjoyed being part of the Smashers and wish that I could've repaid your trust and support with some better results.

Shoutouts:

Smashers
Shiba
I told you I wasn't worth the cost of retention. I wish we hadn't had to find out how right I was the hard way. Still, thanks for picking me up. You're really dumb sometimes, but you definitely posted a good record this year and I'm glad you were able to find success in SM. That said, if you don't answer my Player of the Week questions, you're dead to me.

HT This UUPL was a bit rough for you, but you're still an incredible player and one of my favorite people. I think you'll hit your stride in SM soon and I look forward to seeing you dominate UU Open and UU Majors. Definitely worth the retain even if you had some unfortunate weeks.

Pak Legendary ORAS god. I was really impressed with your record and play this year. Buying you was probably the best decision Shiba made all season. You're one of my closest friends on Smogon and an amazing player. I'm looking forward to seeing you pick up SM and demonstrate the same level of performance you did in ORAS.

PDC You didn't talk much in the team chat, but you played well despite a couple unfortunate weeks. I wish you the best of luck in World Cup.

Accelgor You're probably my best friend on Smogon (man, I really need better friends...). It was a pleasure to team up with you for the second time. I don't think I've ever had as much fun playing this game as I have when building with you, regardless of the meta. Here's hoping that we get to play together in the future.

Meru I know you're upset about how our season ended, but don't beat yourself up too badly. I appreciate your willingness to play so many different tiers when we needed you to. You performed well throughout most of the season and I'm glad we had you on the team.

Tricking I've been on a team with you three times now and been useful for a solid one of them, but I still enjoy the chance to team up with you. You didn't talk in the team chat much, but you had a great record in an extremely competitive tier and we wouldn't have made it as far as we did without you. Good luck in World Cup!

col49 You're an incredibly nice dude and a great team presence. Thanks for getting the wins you did and supporting me and my neurotic collection of players when we were busy beating ourselves up for losing (I think we had all of five players who didn't suffer a confidence crisis this season). Your knowledge regarding various UU metas was very valuable to the team and I appreciate the positive attitude you brought to the team chat.

Isa I know you weren't super interested in starting, but your willingness to sub in during a couple of weeks when we needed you was very helpful for the team. Thank you for doing your best in Week 1, when we needed you to play a meta you'd never really touched.

Killintime If I had known you wanted to quit Pokemon, I never would have inadvertently forced you to pay attention to this game for 2.5 months longer than you wanted to. I feel really bad about dragging you back into Pokemon when you thought you were safely out. You're still one of my friends, and I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

Snowy Our 3,000-credit SM savior. The fact that we could give you a team and get a win every week we put you in definitely helped out a lot.

Eyan I know you're down on yourself right now and wanted to finish with a better record. I also know that you probably won't believe anything I say here. Even so, you're one of my best friends and an excellent player. I honestly think you're one of the best SM players in the entire tournament and can see you competing with this tier's greats once you get over your nerves and start having some confidence in yourself. I'd be happy to play with you in the future and hope to see you make a splash in either UU Open or UU Majors.

Honorary Smashers
LeoLancaster
Top-tier cheerleader for the second straight year.
Donphantastic Top-tier cheerleader for the second straight year.
Adaam I would've picked you up this year if you'd come back to life before the auction. I'm glad to hang out with you again, though.

Friends
Ark
Come back to life, please. I need someone to yell at me angrily in German and make fun of Hikari with me.
BOUFF Weeb.
Sacri' Baguette.
Aquadext Inferior baguette.
YABO No one else is real enough to bring Turtonator. You're still dumb, though.
Tony Thank you for the words of support you offered me throughout the season, even when you had no reason to.
Pearl I appreciate the kind words during Week 7. Good luck in the finals.
TSR Glad you got the chance to get some more games in this season. I'm looking forward to seeing you do well in UU Open.
Hogg Thank you for offering your encouragement during Week 7.
r0ady fat
Hikari is a doofus.

Pak

fly higher
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Going to try keep this shortish. It's been a fun year and I'm proud of my own and our team's overall performance even if it ended in a more sour way than we would have preferred. I just wanted to take a sec to shoutout all my bros that put up with me hitting them up for tests every 8 seconds (AmaroqVictory, HT, Shiba, YABO, TSR, Accelgor, Pearl). I couldn't have possibly had the success I did without you guys. I wish you guys and the rest of my teammates the best in the future. Go Monsters.

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Semifinals stats and updated cumulative stats took longer than they needed to but they're done. Shiba sucks for not posting the replays when he had a week to do so...
___

While I'm at it, I might as well give thanks to him for drafting me and my team for believing in my capabilities by giving me the chance to play time and time again to get more experience with forum tournaments. You guys were great, so sorry that I didn't pull as much weight as I probably could've, as well as for my lack of confidence that probably annoyed some of you. A big shout out to my friends for essentially motivating me to play week after week despite that (AmaroqVictory Accelgor Pearl Tony Aquadext Sacri'). I didn't do as well as I'd hoped, but we'll see what happens as I keep trying to improve as a player and builder. See you guys next year if any manager thinks I'm worth buying again. Killintime sucks btw.

For now, though, I'm going to be a Monsters fan this week; go my friends! :toast:

Last edited:

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Was busy yesterday but just wanted to drop by and say sorry to my team about last week. I didn't listen to Pak about using one of the many teams he provided, wishing things could've gone differently. Feeling bad about dropping the ball for my team in semis two years in a row. I know I had a lot of highs and lows this tour but I did the best I can with irl getting in the way. Hoping I can still play next year somehow.

Rooting for the monsters obv

TJ

Banned deucer.
is the Smogon Tour Season 34 Championis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-289675

Won with hax on my side, sorry and gg (I know YABO's a chill enough bro not to get offended by that).

Regardless of the result of this tournament, I want to say that this was a very fun UUPL and I enjoyed it a lot. I particularly want to thank Kink for picking me (I know he's obnoxious sometimes but he's a good guy at heart, stop bullying him), Battle Girls for supporting me despite my inconsistent run, and all of my PS, Smogon and Discord friends for being great.

With this... GO BATTLE GIRLS!!!

Last edited:

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
http://smogtours.psim.us/battle-gen7uu-289675

Won with hax on my side, sorry and gg (I know YABO's a chill enough bro not to get offended by that).

Regardless of the result of this tournament, I want to say that this was a very fun UUPL and I enjoyed it a lot. I particularly want to thank Kink for picking me (I know he's obnoxious sometimes but he's a good guy at heart, stop bullying him), Battle Girls for supporting me despite my inconsistent run, and all of my PS, Smogon and Discord friends for being great.

I don't need a baguette defending me!!

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
http://smogtours.psim.us/battle-gen7uu-289675

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-289675
Aquadext is a potato

Trying to get in touch with tony, we've both been pretty lazy thus far as far as contacting one another goes, but im in france now until next tuesday and i need to make a scheduled time, because otherwise im not gonna be able to fit in the match and actually have a holiday. So can someone from his team try and resurrect him :toast:
also go team, i might actually build a team for this game !

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
stuff came up, we play sunday I guess :blobexpresionless:

Last edited:
Trying to get in touch with tony, we've both been pretty lazy thus far as far as contacting one another goes, but im in france now until next tuesday and i need to make a scheduled time, because otherwise im not gonna be able to fit in the match and actually have a holiday. So can someone from his team try and resurrect him :toast:
also go team, i might actually build a team for this game !
Listen here you conniving twit, you first contacted me less than 24 hours ago even though you're the one with a tricky schedule this weekend. I cannot fathom why you'd drop this sensitive availability bomb in this public thread, while we could've discussed this in private like mature adults, too! Didn't we just team up in the admittedly dissapointing Ruins of Alph Premier League (Shout-outs dekzeh)?! Does this mean nothing to you? Are you ducking kidding me?! :c

That being said, I hope you enjoy your time in France. I hear the weather is nice there around this time of the year. But dude/bro, baguette it together! (I will never apologize for that)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)