NU Vanilluxe

Vanilluxe is a force to be reckoned with in NU due to its high Special Attack and access to the Snow Warning + Blizzard combo. Vanilluxe can 2HKO even certain Pokemon that resist its attacks, such as Emboar and Delphox after a bit of hail damage. It also has a STAB Freeze-Dry to hit Water-types, Explosion to nuke foes, and Flash Cannon to hit bulky Ice-types hard. All of this makes it a stellar wallbreaker, tearing through Slowbro, Seismitoad, Vileplume, and many more. Finally, since it can remove many walls, Vanilluxe is really spammable in NU and can pair well with sweepers like Rhydon and Sceptile.

Vanilluxe @ Choice Specs
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Sleep Talk
- Hidden Power Ground / Flash Cannon

Blizzard and Freeze-Dry are great STAB attacks for Vanilluxe, the former tearing holes through teams and the latter being able to 2HKO Water-types like Slowking, Seismitoad, and Jellicent. It should almost never deviate from using these two moves as they are so powerful. Sleep Talk allows Vanilluxe to absorb a Sleep Powder from Vileplume, and due to its two powerful STAB moves, it is a prime Sleep Talk abuser. Hidden Power Ground hits Fire-types like Emboar, while Flash Cannon hits Ice-types like Cryogonal hard. Snow Warning both whittles down foes and gives Blizzard perfect accuracy. Choice Specs and a Modest nature supplement Vanilluxe's Special Attack to make it hit as hard as possible. Vanilluxe also has some other options—it can use a Choice Scarf to more easily revenge kill, specifically against offense, due to its powerful STAB attacks, and it can also use Explosion to surprise nuke a threat. When using Vanilluxe, it's important to identify and remove its switch-ins. However, if these switch-ins are frailer, such as Delphox and Sneasel, it can just power through them with Blizzard, compared to bulkier switch-ins like Cryogonal that require Vanilluxe to use its coverage moves.

But despite its advantages, Vanilluxe has some issues, one such being its horrible defensive typing that leaves it weak to Steel-, Fire-, Fighting-, and Rock-types, as well as Stealth Rock. Notable Pokemon with these typings are Delphox, Houndoom, Cryogonal, Hariyama, and Toxicroak. Also, although it doesn't need coverage most of the time, Vanilluxe's shallow movepool leaves it very predictable. Vanilluxe has only an okay Speed tier, leaving it vulnerable to faster threats like Sawk, Virizion, Dodrio, Tauros, Cinccino, and Hitmonlee.

So go on out there and use the ice cream Pokemon today; who knows, it may be pretty cool! (I'm so sorry)

Last edited:
id mention cinccino > ambipom and Houndoom > magmortar cause ambi and magmortar arent vry relevant

this looks good to me otherwise though

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I wouldn't mention ice shard in the first paragraph considering vanilluxe will very rarely ever use ice shard. you can mention explosion as an option, though.

slash hp ground before flash cannon

make a stronger mention that vanilluxe will very very rarely ever click anything aside from blizzard or freeze-dry because they're that powerful

Vanilluxe has some issues, one such being its horrible typing
specify defensive typing here. it's offensive typing is really good
Vanilluxe is also weak to Fire-, Ice-, and Fighting-types, such as Delphox, Houndoom, Cryogonal, Hariyama, and Toxicroak.
you already made a mention of it being weak to these types earlier in the paragraph

you can also add scarf as a second set instead of just a mention. it's really good against offensive teams and has just as many good matchups as specs imo.

implement this and tag me real quick after and I'll stamp it

Did all this but add a new set since I don't know if there would be enough different content to justify it. I could just make it sound really good if you want Disjunction

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ok just dedicate a few sentences to scarf vanillux doing good shit vs offense as a good revenge killer. Good matchup against weather, powerful stab, etc

Also talk a bit more about snow warning and how it helps vanilluxe whittle down its common switchins like incineroar and hariyama

2/2 after that is done

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
2 SCOOPS

Vanilluxe is a force to be reckoned with in NU due to its high Special Attack and access to the Snow Warning + Blizzard combo. Vanilluxe can 2HKO even certain Pokemon that resist its attacks, such as Emboar and Delphox after a bit of hail damage. It also has a decent movepool, [you mention later that Vanilluxe's shallow movepool leaves it predictable, consider removing the phrase "a decent movepool" and just saying "It also has a STAB Freeze-Dry..."] a STAB Freeze-Dry hitting to hit Water-types, Explosion nuking opponents to nuke foes, and Flash Cannon hitting to hit bulky Ice-types hard. All of this makes it a stellar wallbreaker, tearing through Slowbro, Seismitoad, Vileplume, and many more. Finally, since it can remove many walls, Vanilluxe is a really spammable in NU and can pair well with sweepers like Rhydon and Sceptile.

Vanilluxe @ Choice Specs
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Sleep Talk
- Hidden Power Ground / Flash Cannon

Blizzard and Freeze-Dry are great STAB attacks for Vanilluxe, the former tearing holes through teams and the latter being able to 2HKO Water-types like Slowking, Seismatoad Seismitoad, and Jellicent. It should almost never deviate from using these 2 two moves as they are so powerful. Sleep Talk allows Vanilluxe to absorb a Sleep Powder from Vileplume, and due to its 2 two powerful STAB moves, it is a prime Sleep Talk abuser. Hidden Power Ground hits Fire-types like Emboar, while Flash Cannon hits Ice-types like Cryogonal hard. Snow Warning both whittles down foes and boosts Blizzard's accuracy immensely. [consider saying "gives Blizzard perfect accuracy" here, since just saying boosts sounds like it's still less than 100] 252 Special Attack EVs, Choice Specs, (RC) [basic info word reduction so p^2 doesn't obliterate me] and a Modest nature all supplement Vanilluxe's Special Attack to make it hit as hard as possible. Vanilluxe also has some other options. It—it can use a Choice Scarf to more easily revenge kill, specifically against offense, due to its powerful STAB attacks., (AC) and it can also use Explosion to surprise nuke a threat. When using Vanilluxe, it's important to identify and remove their its switch-ins. However, if these switch-ins are frailer, such as Delphox and Sneasel, it can just power through them with Blizzard, versus compared to bulkier switch-ins like Cryogonal where Vanilluxe must use its coverage moves to defeat threats that require Vanilluxe to use its coverage moves. [or other alternate phrasing, the wording was a bit off or redundant in the previous form]

But despite its advantages, Vanilluxe has some issues, one such being its horrible defensive typing that leaves it weak to Steel-, Fire-, Fighting-, and Rock-types, as well as Stealth Rock. Notable Pokemon with these typings are Delphox, Houndoom, Cryogonal, Hariyama, and Toxicroak. Also, although it doesn't need coverage most of the time, Vanilluxe's shallow movepool leaves it very predictable. Vanilluxe has only an okay Speed tier, leaving it vulnerable to faster threats like Sawk, Virizion, Dodrio, Tauros, Cinccino, and Hitmonlee.

So go on out there and use the ice cream Pokemon today,; [remove comma, add semicolon] who knows, it may be pretty cool! (I'm so sorry) [lmao]

GP 1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)