VGC 2014 Analysis Reservation Thread

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just as a side note, I have given Chenkovsky the Tyranitar analysis. Furthermore, I am dropping Rhyperior. In light of the new vacencys, I would like to do Smeargle and one of my favorite underrated Pokemon in the metagame, Lanturn and Furret with its nicely-buffed speed stat

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I dont see Kingdra on the Preliminary Pokedex or anywhere else

I'll take it if that's ok

Lord Alphose

All these squares make a circle
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Is it all good if I take over Abomasnow,as the writer is dead?

I'll put it into bullet points and have it ready to go.

Martin

is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
temporarily dropping Lanturn to do Gardevoir (Pwnemon said that someone could take it)

edit: actually, putting on hold is probably a better way to say it.

Last edited:
I'm going to say that after Raichu we are not going to start any more VGC analysis' at this time. We have way too many half done / incomplete analysis', and the VGC 2015 rules will be out before we know it. This will only be temporary until most if not all of these analysis' are finished. Sorry if there are people who wants to do more mons, but it's best to finish the common ones before we tackle more niche things.

I'm going to say that after Raichu we are not going to start any more VGC analysis' at this time. We have way too many half done / incomplete analysis', and the VGC 2015 rules will be out before we know it. This will only be temporary until most if not all of these analysis' are finished. Sorry if there are people who wants to do more mons, but it's best to finish the common ones before we tackle more niche things.
Are we allowed to reserve some yet for the next season? I know for a fact that I am going to want to do Swampert.

Martin

if we could for next season I'd jump on Sceptile and Metagross before anyone even got the chance 'cause their megas will be so rediculously good (Mega Sceptile will be quite literally the best Rotom-Wash counter in the game thanks to typing and Lightningrod and Mega Metagross will be terrifying as it could block Intimidate before mega and gets a monstrous Tough Claws-boosted Meteor Mash, Hammer Arm, Zen Headbutt etc. post-mega - imagine if this thing got a boost from Meteor Mash... oh god...)

if we could for next season I'd jump on Sceptile and Metagross before anyone even got the chance 'cause their megas will be so rediculously good (Mega Sceptile will be quite literally the best Rotom-Wash counter in the game thanks to typing and Lightningrod and Mega Metagross will be terrifying as it could block Intimidate before mega and gets a monstrous Tough Claws-boosted Meteor Mash, Hammer Arm, Zen Headbutt etc. post-mega - imagine if this thing got a boost from Meteor Mash... oh god...)
Yeah it will be good but no reserving analyses for next season yet. We need to wrap up VGC 14 first.

Martin

Yeah it will be good but no reserving analyses for next season yet. We need to wrap up VGC 14 first.
Just thinking ahead and being hypothetical. I understand that there is no point reserving for a format which hasn't even been revealed yet. If Cress is legal it will be GG Reuniclus.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Temporary Index to hold us over until the OP is updated:
Moved to Preliminary Pokedex:
Aegislash
Ampharos
Bisharp
Hydreigon
Kangaskhan
Ludicolo
Manectric
Mawile
Meowstic
Politoed
Salamence
Scizor
Scrafty
Talonflame
WIP:
Ferrothorn
Lucario - is up for grabs
Mienshao
Raichu
Venusaur

QC Stage:
Amoongus
Aromatisse
Chandelure
Garchomp
Gardevoir
Gengar
Greninja
Gyarados
Mamoswine
Noivern
Pinsire
Reuniclus
Rotom-H
Rotom-W
Smeargle
Tyranitar
GP Stage:
Charizard
Done:
Aerodactyle
Conkeldurr
Mamoswine
Roserade
No rejected mons so far :]

Martin

For next season's analyses, I suggest that we do a high-priority list so that only that stuff is done at the start of the season. Furthermore, for anything that is not on that list we should have to argue it and have it accepted before we can write an analysis for it. It is just an idea to make the sub forum a little more well-organised with next season's analyses and not end up with one person doing the vast majority of them (although they were probably for people to take over as they are basically untouched since they were skeleton'd).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)