VGC VGC 2018 [Rate my team!]

I've decided to try the Fini - Zapdos - Lando core. I feel that VGC 2018 is returning to the 2015 days, and consequently I feel my choices are limited. Nether the less, I'm trying to optimise this core.
If you have any suggestions on replacements or detail changes, please let me know!

Zapdos @ Misty Seed
Ability: Pressure
Level: 50
EVs: 244 HP / 136 Def / 80 SpD / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tailwind
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Firstly, this is apart of the core. Tailwind is amazing; and has decent bulk.

Tapu Fini @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 236 HP / 108 Def / 132 SpA / 28 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Protect
The third part of this core. Good Coverage. The calm mind set seems to fit with this team, tell me your opinion.

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Knock Off
It. Is. Landorus. I find assault vest has the best usage, taking hits for my partner Pokemon to move or to retaliate against Trick Room Cresselia etc.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Low Kick
- Protect
This mega is just so good; love it or hate it. Moveset is somewhat flexible. E.g. Double-Edge -> Return, Low Kick -> Power-Up Punch. Any suggestions?

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 236 HP / 28 Atk / 12 Def / 228 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Protect
A BIG WALL. Can clutch 3v1s in some situations. It's Celesteela, its amazing but not sure about synergy with the core.

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect
This was a filler that has switch potential, good attacking capabilities and has good use of a Z-Move. Unsure about keeping it or replacing.

*Was a bit lazy with the descriptions. it's midnight...

(Belated) welcome to Smogon!

I saw your last comment, but this thread will be locked if you don’t add better ones.

For Example- Your Zapdos. (Feel free to copy paste)
Zapdos is my main Pokémon for speed control. With its EVs, and Misty Seed, it can survive (Attack) and proceed to set up tailwind, and is thus a central part of my core; and to the team. Other than Tailwind, and the item/EVs, it is a standard Zapdos set.

You could also add things like an importable, replays of you winning, pictures, and a description of you winning.

On to the team rating. As I play Monotype and BH, I do not have as much experience with VGC.

The team looks standard enough, but you should add a process for EVing these Pokémon, unless they are random, but then you don’t call attention...

My only comment is that Double Edge is definitely outclassed by Return (or frustration, if ditto is a thing). You could run Power Up Punch, but that isn’t really as big a faux pass. I feel like it (PuP) does do better than Low Kick (or drain punch if it gets it).

Not much else to say, but keep in mind this meta isn’t my forte.

Good luck on the ladder!

(Belated) welcome to Smogon!

I saw your last comment, but this thread will be locked if you don’t add better ones.

For Example- Your Zapdos. (Feel free to copy paste)
Zapdos is my main Pokémon for speed control. With its EVs, and Misty Seed, it can survive (Attack) and proceed to set up tailwind, and is thus a central part of my core; and to the team. Other than Tailwind, and the item/EVs, it is a standard Zapdos set.

You could also add things like an importable, replays of you winning, pictures, and a description of you winning.

On to the team rating. As I play Monotype and BH, I do not have as much experience with VGC.

The team looks standard enough, but you should add a process for EVing these Pokémon, unless they are random, but then you don’t call attention...

My only comment is that Double Edge is definitely outclassed by Return (or frustration, if ditto is a thing). You could run Power Up Punch, but that isn’t really as big a faux pass. I feel like it (PuP) does do better than Low Kick (or drain punch if it gets it).

Not much else to say, but keep in mind this meta isn’t my forte.

Good luck on the ladder!
thanks for the tip! I'll add to the descriptions too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)