Viability Rankings (Pre-Bank)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Haxorus deserves to be ranked as an excellent wallbreaker that can do heavy damage even to Porygon2 with a Devastating Drake. I think it should rank at least B
+2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mimikyu: 164-193 (125.1 - 147.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tapu Lele: 142-168 (50.5 - 59.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mimikyu: 164-193 (125.1 - 147.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
As a sweeper it may be outclassed by mons like Mega Mence, but I believe Devastating Drake gives it a niche.

Last edited:
I think Haxorus deserves to be ranked as an excellent wallbreaker that can do heavy damage even to Porygon2 with a Devastating Drake. I think it should rank at at least B-
+1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Devastating Drake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 150-177 (78.1 - 92.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mimikyu: 123-145 (93.8 - 110.6%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tapu Lele: 204-242 (140.6 - 166.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Devastating Drake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 204-240 (94 - 110.5%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
As a sweeper it may be outclassed by mons like Mega Mence, but I believe Devastating Drake gives it a niche.
Devastating Drake isn't really its niche... Dragons like Garchomp and Dragonite can do that as well while having some perks over Haxorus. Garchomp gets access to Swords Dance like Haxorus does, but Garchomp is notably faster than Haxorus, has a secondary Ground typing to hit hard with the STAB, and does more immediate damage with Swords Dance + Devastating Drake if Haxorus is running Dragon Dance. Dragonite may be weaker than Haxorus but has a lot more chances to to set up thanks to Multiscale and nice bulk whereas Haxorus is pretty frail and has a hard time setting up.

Haxorus's niche lies in Mold Breaker which is very useful for a sweeper/wallbreaker, especially with Mimikyu running around along with sturdy Magnezone to an extent. However it still isn't that notable of a niche when Mega Gyarados is more common and flexible to use as a sweeper while also having Mold Breaker. As a wallbreaker it has its uses, but I'd consider Garchomp or other potent wallbreakers over Haxorus in a metagame with a lot of fairy and steel types. I personally think it doesn't deserve a rank at all on here especially because B- isn't a rank on here yet.

I also find it odd that you're using calcs of DD Haxorus over SD Haxorus when you think it's an excellent wallbreaker and not a sweeper...

However it still isn't that notable of a niche when Mega Gyarados is more common and flexible to use as a sweeper while also having Mold Breaker.
I don't really understand what you mean when by saying that Gyarados is more flexible to use as a sweeper when it takes up a mega slot.

Last edited:
I don't really see how Gyarados is more flexible to use as a sweeper when it takes up a mega slot.
There aren't many megas available at the moment to use so mega slots tend to be open most of the time when making a team. I also meant more flexible in the sense that it can be used to set up a DD and sweep easier with its bulk and typing. A great example of a common mon that Gyarados can set up on is Celesteela, which Haxorus actually gets walled by.

First of all sorry for my bad english, it's only my fourth language and I started to learn it in June 2016, but I hope you can understand me.

Why is Magnezone in the A- Rank? Imo there are better Steels (Celesteela, Aegislash) and there are better Electrics (Tapu Koko, imo Silvally-Electric because it can break the core of Celesteela + Marowak, maybe also PZ is better thanks to Z-Conversion). It isn't able to switch into Tapu Bulu (Superpower, AV) and if it is not Assault Vest Magnezone it can't switch into Specs Tapu Lele. Ofc it's nice to have Magnet Pull against Celesteela, but this is the only relevant Pokemon it can trap because of Aegis Ghost-Type. Sturdy is a nice ability too, but only the Abilitys aren't enough to put Magnezone in the A- Rank. Imo it's a B+/B-Pokemon.

Maybe I forgot something, I'm not that good, but I can't understand why Zone is that viable.

Magnezone is a great check against PZ, Koko, Lele, cloyster and can also beat most p2 1v1. Furthermore, as you mentioned, it can trap steel types which is great for lots of teams (for example Celesteela/Skarm for MMence and Chomp and it works in general great for Fairys and Steels on your own.

ok so i think araqauanid should be a plus because it can just destroy everything under tr bar mence. jolly ara can work under tr because it outspeeds things like m scizor without tr and outspeeds everything else under tr. it just pairs really well with lanturn and can ohko or 2hko everything with cb

Magnezone is a great check against PZ, Koko, Lele, cloyster and can also beat most p2 1v1. Furthermore, as you mentioned, it can trap steel types which is great for lots of teams (for example Celesteela/Skarm for MMence and Chomp and it works in general great for Fairys and Steels on your own.
Yeah, but is it enough that it can check four (ofc good) mons? Magnezone doesn't check PZ if this is an electric type (PZ is faster, +1 spdef, +spatk) and than he can hit with a boosted Shadow Ball, Magnet Pull Zone can't check Sash + Shell Smash Cloyster.

Imo Skarm isn't a good Mon in BSS and may it can trap Celesteela, but a good player knows that Zone can trap Celesteela. That Zone can trap one Mon and that it is a solid check against Lele & Koko isn't enough for an A- rank and as I said its more like B+/B.

What about mega aerodactyl?, i've had some real great battles where he has literally sweeped without any setup, and has proved to be a formidable threat with roost thrown on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)