SM PU Voyager [Beheeyem VoltTurn]

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

What's up everyone you got TONE here and welcome to my 3rd RMT. It's hard to believe that it's been over 3 years since my last RMT and man has the journey been a wild one. While I kept telling myself I'd quit at some point considering I've contributed over going on 5 years to the PU community and step away, for some reason I always end up coming back, but anyway on to my RMT which centalizes around a mon that is mostly forgotten in times prior to Mesprit rising to NU, but rose to the occasion now, Specs Beheeyem.

Like I said, the team started with Beheeyem. A powerful wallbreaker capable of 2HKOing the entire metagame and also capitalizes on the recent trend of Dark-types like Skuntank not being as common as before.

The best way to utilize a strong wallbreaker was to pair it with momentum. Choice Scarf Primeape is the most common scarfer for good reason and helps get Beheeyem in safely with U-Turn while dealing with Steel-types that resist Beeheyem's Psychic.

Next I decided to complement Beheeyem and Primeape with a wincon and settled for Silvally-Fairy. SD makes for a solid breaker and provides more momentum into Beheeyem with U-Turn.

While the team did have 2 Fighting resists, neither had recovery and I wanted to prevent Earthquake from being spammable, so I opted for Oricorio-Sensu, another possible win con and a means of dealing with opponsing Ghost-Types that prevents Primeape from clicking Close Combat as well as being a solid response to Victreebel.

Next was a Stealth Rock setter and it essentially came down to either Regirock or Mudsdale, but ultimately decided on Mudsdale to have a better response to Pokemon like Lycanroc while still checking stuff like Dodrio.

At this point, hail was a pretty big problem as well as stuff like Omastar getting out of hand. Eelektross was here originally, but ultimately decided on Lanturn as it gave me a Water resist that still provided momentum.

The Team

Beheeyem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Choice Specs Beheeyem is no slouch in the power department as I mentioned, having the ability to 2HKO essentially the entire metagame, making for a fantastic wallbreaker and soft Fighting check. Notable is that I'm running Psychic and Psyshock on the same set for 2 reasons. One is I really don't tend click Trick in my case to attempt to cripple something especially in a situation where your opponent can be aggressive and switch into a Pokemon holding a Z crystal and make going for Trick a waste, and reason 2 is mainly for specific targets, Psychic helps for Gurdurr, Psyshock helps against AV Hitmonchan, Calm Mind users such as Clefairy and Oricorio-E, etc. Signal Beam for Dark-types like A-Persian and HP Fire deals with Ferroseed, Alola Sandslash, and the rare Bronzor. Speed is enough to outspeed uninvested base 50s like Regirock and Audino.

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

First member of my momentum core, Scarf Primeape does Scarf Primeape things. Helps Beheeyem tremendously by handling Steel-Types with Close Combat, grabbing momentum with U-Turn and just being a very solid revenge killer in general. Stone Edge hits Flying types like Dodrio and Oricorio whereas Earthquake nails Qwilfish and Skuntank without taking Rocky Helmet or Aftermath damage, respectively.

Silvally-Fairy @ Fairy Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- Flame Charge
- U-turn

Part 2 of my momentum core, Silvally-Fairy benefits from Primeape dealing with Steel-types making it's job as a SD sweeper easier. Flame Charge does hit Steels, but the main use is for that added speed to outspeed things like A-Persian, Lycanroc, and slow Shell Smash users such as Carracosta. U-Turn helps maintain momentum providing more opportunities to bring in Beheeyem while also dealing with Dark-types that are immune to Beheeyem's Psychic STAB.

Oricorio-Sensu @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Revelation Dance
- Hurricane

Oricorio-Sensu's role is to provide another Fighting check with recovery as well as taking advantage of the holes Beheeyem makes by being a bulky wincon with Calm Mind. This also helps against Victreebel and can setup on Fighting types such as Gurdurr as they switch out or passive mons such as Ferroseed and can do a lot of damage with a boosted Supersonic Skystrike. Revelation Dance helps against Flying resists such as Lanturn and Eelektross.

Mudsdale @ Leftovers
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Mudsdale's role is simple: Get up Stealth Rock, spread Toxic, and tank hits when needed. While I did ultimately wanted to go Regirock, Mudsdale helped out a bit better against mons like Lycanroc while still checking Normal-types like Dodrio and Kangaskhan and other physical threats like Hitmonchan and Scyther, plus the added Defense boost from Stamina makes up for the lack of a true Normal resist. Pretty straightforward in terms of what this mon is intended to do.

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 172 SpA / 136 SpD / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

The final part of my momentum core. I wanted to complete the Voltturn core with something slow and bulky enough to take special attacks. AV Lanturn fills this role out for me as it provided the team with a better response to Omastar as I didn't have a Water resist prior. HP Grass deals with Omastar, Carracosta, Quagsire, and Gastrodon quite nicely and Lanturn won't miss out on being unable to deal with Ferroseed since that is covered by the first 3 mons.

Threatlist:

Hail: Not much of a surprise that team is very Hail weak. Lanturn can check the latter, but if Lanturn is lost, Blizzard is literally free. My Alola Sandslash check is Mudsdale and it drops to Z Icicle Crash with some chip damage. It also outspeeds everything on my team with Hail up, so that too is problematic.

Normal-types: While not as pressing as Hail, the Normal resist is Mudsdale and since it lacks recovery it can be easily worn down throughout the course of a match. Primeape, however, is able to check both Stoutland and Kangaskhan offensively with Close Combat.

Hazard Stack: As this team has no removal, Spike stack, especially Toxic Spikes while not as prominent, can be a pain to deal with. The best option to combat this is to go aggressive from the start and limit the amount of Spikes they can lay to keep the damage from momentum to a minimum.

Beheeyem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- Flame Charge
- U-turn

Oricorio-Sensu @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Revelation Dance
- Hurricane

Mudsdale @ Leftovers
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 172 SpA / 136 SpD / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

So yeah this might be a bit lenghty so don't expect any one-liners from me.
Megazard 2xTheTap Akir Slowbroth dibs Chloe Jmash MaroGod ShuckleDeath Specs TJ tondas HJAD UberSkitty PTF Taskr Chrisloud1 Teddeh GeneralAnnoyance @g Anty Magnemite Robert Alfons @LST EviGaro Many tom holland Raiza Xiri Luthier RawMelon tlenit1 Toy Time King jonago Oathkeepre gum MamboTND Ktütverde Urusius

If I missed anyone, I'm sorry about that. I wouldn't do it on purpose.

Thanks for giving the team a look at and I hope you guys enjoy the team. TONE out.​

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Hey Tone:)

First of all, very cool team. I have to say, I forgot the psychic UFO existed, and you made a pretty smart move by taking advantage of Mesprit's departure to show us that Beheeyem still exists and can do things in PU. It's also quite fun to have a fighting check and an absolute stall slayer all in one slot. I only have little experience of using Beheeyem, and only tried it out with nastyplot and random items. But specs, never. Though it seems like a great option in a PU team, allowing it to nuke everything without any boosting. Double stab is also super cute, especially versus stall which it is meant to take on on its own.

I have never rated a PU team, and I'm totally used to squad dumps where people post stuff without expecting any answer. Since you are posting in this thread instead, I'll try to help a bit improving the team.

First of all, what strikes me the most is that you have 3 fighting checks and 0 fighting weak pokemon. Secondly, you are extremely weak to SD snowslash. And thirdly, no hazard removal. You are also a bit weak to normal types. You clearly are aware of all this since you listed these issues. What I would recommend in order to truly fix these problems is therefore:

1°)
Hitmonchan > Lanturn.
Hitmonchan does a lot, a shitton of stuff that your team needs much more than what lanturn does:
-Hazard removal (spin)
-Eelektross hard check (the eel pressures muds/sensu a lot)
-Aurorus/Aboma check
-Omastar check (soft one but all your team members threaten oma so it's fine)
-Normal check

On the other hand, lanturn sure gives u a hard oma check, but you don't need that, especially because eel and hail are much more of an issue and you lack answers to this. Give chan a thought, it's not an amazing mon, but it absolutely fits in with the rest of your team. Still, without lanturn you will be a lot weaker to froslass, and that's super important to remember because froslass is nothing to laugh at.

2°)
Regirock > Mudsdale.
This really is not mandatory because mudsdale is so good in PU that sometimes one would rather give up the superior defensive capabilities of regirock just to use the horse that nothing can KO and almost nothing can switchin into its Earthquake. However, Regirock would be extremely interesting, especially if you have hitmonchan (but also with lanturn), because it checks normals and birds very well, and also switches safely on snowslash. If the SD set worries you, just try Drain Punch regirock: that's one of the best SD sandslash answers, and can still help a lot antileading aurorus or keeping rocks up vs defensive snowslash. Given that your team is almost fighting-type-proof, using regirock would make sense because gurdurr doesn't stand a chance vs fairyvally+roost sensu(+specs Voyager).

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 156 HP / 224 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 56 Def / 196 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Drain Punch
- Toxic

The team will obviously not be much better without muds+lant. My suggestions do fix the original issues -which were "defensive issues"-. However, mudsdale+lanturn put a lot more of offensive pressure than regi+chan, and that might just be better than actually playing it "safer" like I just did. It's all I can think of, and I hope it may help you if the problems you listed above prove to be overwhelming. If you finally keep mudsdale, a figy berry would help your horse a lot dealing with normals and birds.

It has been a pleasure for me to rate this team, and wish you the best of luck using it. I also look forward to reading other RMTs (or squad dump) from you, especially if it is based on a slow, choice-specs-equipped breaker. After specs shiinotic and specs beheeyem, what will the next big thing be? :]

-Ktut

P.S.: would you mind adding some replays showing how deadly Voyager is? ty:)

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hello TONE and thank you for the shout out,

I like the Beheeyem quite a bit as it is very difficult to switch into. I found that having the main wallbreaker being very weak to Pursuit is kinda problematic in some match ups but on match ups when there is no risk of Pursuit it defiantly puts in a lot of work between natural bulk and immense power. The two really big problems with this team are Normal-types(:stoutland: in particular is very hard to deal with as it gets kills on Beheeyem or can trap it.) and Hail teams, which you have mentioned in your RMT. Looking at the team I don't really see a way for it to beat a well played Hail team so that is really the big concern for me. The hazard weakness is defiantly a problem too, but there is an easy change that fits the team still. I really like the team overall, you should know I am huge fan of building around powerful wallbreakers with pivots. HOOT.

Set Change:

:Silvally-fairy:
:sm/Silvally-fairy:
EVs: 216 Atk / 40 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Flame Charge ---> Flamethrower
- U-turn / Parting Shot
- Swords Dance ---> Defog

I like Silvally-Fairy as a pivot here, as it is a nice Fighting-type that can deal with U-turn and Knock Off both of which Beheeyem will appreciate and needs. I don't think Swords Dance Silvally-Fairy benefits this team as well as Defog would. Hazards can really give this team a hard time, the cool thing about a team like this is I don't think it's hyper critical to keep hazards away at all times, like say a stall or a very slow bulky offensive team would but still having three layers of spikes is incredibly hard to overcome and takes a good amout of skill to help off set the setterd of them through offensive pressure and even then it still may come down to like 50/50 doubles and what not. Fairy STAB with Fire-type coverage is still a cool way to pressure common builds using Alolan Sandslash and Gurdurr.

Pokemon Changes:

:lanturn: ---> :gurdurr:
:sm/gurdurr:
Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

In my team adjustment process I actually tried changed out Primeape for Gurdurr but then after just a bit of tested relized Primeape is actually really solid here as you need a Choice Scarf user and the momentum and typing worked really well Beheeyem, which just shows you know how to make a really solid core, so tl;dr Primeape was switched with Gurdurr and Lanturn was changed back to Primeape. This plays similar roles to the Hitmonchan my friend Ktütverde suggested, but changes special bulk for physical bulk and acts as a win con as Silvally-Fairy is my suggestion for hazard control, lets be honest by saying Hitmonchan is not a reliable Rapid Spinner when it comes to Spikes so I think this is a nice option. I think the biggest reason you would want to go Gurdurr here is it actually gives you a way to switch into Alolan Sandslash, which before beat the team with very little support. It also adds a Fighting-Spam core with Primeape which is notable here as it really helps in using the Pokemon you set out to make successful, Beheeyem. The combination of Gurdurr, Primeape, and Silvally-Fairy really take care of all the common Dark-type Pokemon in the metagame right now, putting a large amount of pressure on them and also making players really hesitant to click Pursuit against your Beheeyem.

:mudsdale: ---> :Regirock:
:sm/regirock:
Regirock @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch
- Stealth Rock

I think offensive Regirock would make a good addition to this team as it better helps check Normal-types. The main reason you would want this set and Pokemon is because of Oricorio-Pom-Pom, wjich I think is very problematic for your team as well. If you lose Lanturn for Gurdurr that only compounds Oricorio-Pom-Pom. On the other hand this would leave no Electric-type immunities so Volt Switch and Alolan Raichu are slightly more annoying to handle, but certainly still with in reason. Standard Regirock can work here too, offensive is just a really nice as it OHKOs Oricorio with Stone Edge.

Team Changes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)