Walrus Walrus: The Movie

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
In 12th: Myzozoa

Kanye West - Last Call
83/100

Finally a Kayne song that lives up to the hype. The beat is fantastic, the flow is fantastic, the wordplay is interesting, just all around a really solid song. The storytelling part maybe goes on a little long and I’m not SUPER interested in it, but that’s just nitpicking at this point.

Ampharos

In 9th: Adam

Atmosphere - Dreamer
86/100

This beat is attempting to have sex with my eardrums and I think it’s working. Anyways, I am a recorded fan of Atmosphere and his vocal stylings, so this works pretty damn well for me. Not my FAVORITE song by him, but still quite good. I like how much empty space there is in the beat, I think. Works really well with the delivery.

Ampharos

In 8th: Lord Gaius

Ex Libris - Medea
87/100

Metal with operatic female vocals is kind of my jam, so nice job on that front. Intro is super cool, and a lot of the guitar work is super dope. The number of different intensities the song cycles through is a good way to make sure it doesn’t become exhausting or dull. And, of course, the guitar soloes are great.

Ampharos

In 4th: shubaka17

Salt - Bad Suns
91/100

Looks like we got one o them poppy-alt-rock-type-things that’re all the rage with the kids nowadays. And also me. I too am a fan of this genre. Also the whole transgender story is one that resonates a lot with me for a whole bunch of personal reasons. So yeah, cool-ass song. Real catchy, too.
shubaka writes:

the introduction the protagonist, a struggle between who they are mentally and who they are physically. Sure this is the life they've lived so far, but it's strangling them until finally they break down and "Ran 'til i couldn't / and I screamed 'til my voice was gone" (good ass chorus for this movie) and the introduction to the old friend "who can i look to / cuz i'm not like you / and i don't believe in the truth / cuz all of my life's built on lies" leaving the protagonist from all these problems. the protagonist is now all alone trying to reestablish themselves after losing their identity, network, etc

Ampharos

In 3rd: Robert Alfons

David Bowie - Station to Station
93/100

Bowie is someone I always wish I was more into, and this song seems like a great place to start. This is an absolute jam. My nitpick is that the buildup is a bit slow, a bit repetitive, a bit odd at times, but I absolutely love where it ends up, and this winds up encompassing pretty much everything I love about classic rock. Great pick.

That's my absolute favorite Bowie song ever. Excellent choice! Walrein check out the version on the live album "Stage". The beginning sounds much better and ramps up quicker with more energy. He had Adrian Belew on guitar on that album :)

The return of the Thin White Duke...well we'll try and forget he looked and acted like a white nazi supremecist during that phase...

Ampharos

In 34th: Fable

Skindred - Trouble
45/100

I saw Slipknot in the related videos and knew I was certainly in for a ride. I don’t hate these vocals as much as I thought I might, but overall it’s still very much in that vein of nu metal that I’m not a super huge fan of. Sometimes I feel like nu metal guitarists only know how to play 2 chords.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)