WCop X General Talk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Pearl.'s trash talking has improved immensely, I must say.

Anyways, go Laurel you can this!

WhiteQueen: Laurel, I'm one of your biggest fans.
Laurel: my name is Reek.
WhiteQueen: you got this, Laurel. Just believe in yourself.
Laurel: it's Reek!
WhiteQueen: no you're Laurel.
Laurel: REEK!!!!!!!!!!!
WhiteQueen: snap the fuck out of it and just win your remaining two games, nigga.
*Laurel pushes a bitch down a flight of stairs*

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
question

when two people are tied for second why do they get 2 points each? shouldn't they have 3 each? im pretty sure they should because on the spreadsheet right now all the groups have 12 total points while the ones with this particular scenario have 10 total

I'm either really dumb and missing something or there's a mistake in the sheet

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
3-0 2-1 1-2 0-3 = 6 4 2 0 points

2-1 2-1 1-2 1-2 = 5 5 1 1 points

2-1 2-1 2-1 0-3 = 4 4 4 0 points

3-0 1-2 1-2 1-2 = 6 2 2 2 points

not that points matter at all, theyre just for seeding in playoffs. ppl need to stop caring so much about them all that matters is W/L

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
3-0 2-1 1-2 0-3 = 6 4 2 0 points

2-1 2-1 1-2 1-2 = 5 5 1 1 points

2-1 2-1 2-1 0-3 = 4 4 4 0 points

3-0 1-2 1-2 1-2 = 6 2 2 2 points

not that points matter at all, theyre just for seeding in playoffs. ppl need to stop caring so much about them all that matters is W/L
I know how points are supposed to work, all I'm saying is that currently in all the groups where the standings are 1-0 0-0 0-0 0-1 the points are 6 2 2 0 and there is something wrong with that

I know how points are supposed to work, all I'm saying is that currently in all the groups where the standings are 1-0 0-0 0-0 0-1 the points are 6 2 2 0 and there is something wrong with that
I think the points are done with some boolean statements instead of a formula. So that should fix itself once all games are played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)