SM OU Weavile Hyper Offense Team - The Quick Claws

So, I really wanted to create a main competitive team. While a lot of my teams are themed teams, monotypes, or based on a certain Pokemon, I also wanted a team that would be my main, that I would use throughout my competitive battling journey.

I decided to make on based around Weavile. Weavile is my favorite Pokemon next to the eeveelutions, and I already bred a 5IV one in my Ultra Sun game.

I spent all day working on this thing! I really hope you guys can help me make it as great as it could possibly be!

No, I'm not actually using the Quick Claw item (although that would be an interesting team!), it's just a name I came up with that I thought sounded cool!

Anyways, here's the team!

weavile.gif

Weavile

Breezepelt (Weavile) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

This is the star of the show: Breezepelt the Weavile. He is my cleaner (Speaking of which, what exactly does a cleaner do?). I put a Life Orb on him because I don't like being locked into one move when I use him. Icicle Crash is for a stronger ice move, when I'm not sure Ice Shard will do the trick. Knock Off is useful for battling walls and stallers, like Chansey or Toxapex. Also, it's a pretty good move. Even if my opponent resists dark-type moves, I doubt they'd appreciate having their items knocked off! Pursuit is to trap opposing Pokemon if they try to switch out. My EVs, item, and nature ensure that my Weavile is quick and powerful, and the 4 SpD is for a bit of extra bulk.

heatran.gif

Heatran

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

This is my lead, Heatran. I use Magma Storm and Taunt to deal with walls, and I use Stealth Rock as an entry hazard. I've been thinking of putting something like Flash Cannon on it, however, for Steel coverage. Flash Fire also absorbs Fire moves, something my team is weak to. The EVs are for extra bulk, the best possible speed, and giving him a bit more attacking power. Heatran can also deal with Steel Pokemon that threaten my team, and places pressure on Magnezone, who won't be able to trap him.

tapukoko.gif

Tapu Koko

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tapu Koko is my pivot. Volt Switch helps pivot around and switch into Weavile safely, and Thunderbolt is for when I don't want to switch out. Dazzling Gleam is for STAB fairy coverage, and Hidden Power Ice is to deal with Ground types like Landorus-Therian and to prevent unnecessary switching. Tapu Koko is also a fast Pokemon, so it makes sense for the speed to be maxed out. Because most of the moves Tapu Koko uses are special, the SpA needs to be maxed out.

gyarados.gif

Gyarados

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

Gyarados is my set-up sweeper. His ability Moxie helps me sweep. I've actually swept a couple of teams with Moxie in the past. Dragon-Dance is my set up, and Bounce lets me use Supersonic Skystrike, while also letting me avoid any attacks. Even if the opponent were to switch out, it will give them a bit of damage at least! Speaking of avoiding any attacks, the maxed out speed makes it more likely for me to Bounce before I get hit. Earthquake is also to hit Electric types, which Gyarados is 4x weak to.

I was thinking of making him a Mega Gyarados, since I may need a mega on my team and it helps to form a Dark core and overpower any Dark-resistant Pokemon, something that works well with Weavile. But I'll wait for your opinions.

landorus-therian.gif

Landorus-Therian

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP / 148 Atk / 84 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Defog

This is one of my wallbreakers. This is Landorus-Therian Choice Scarf set, something I believe would be good for a more offensive team. The EVs are a bit odd, so let me explain. This set, according to Smogon, prevents a 2HKO from Kartana's Leaf Blade after any Stealth Rock damage. The 196 Speed EVs, with the Jolly nature and Choice Scarf, allow it to outspeed Mega Alakazam and anything slower. Because I already have Hidden Power Ice on Tapu Koko and Weavile, and Landorus is more of a physical attacker, I decided to replace it with Rock Slide to hit Flying types. Instead of using Naive, I went with Jolly so it could work better with Rock Slide. The remaining EVs were put into attack for maximum damage. Earthquake is obviously for STAB, and U-Turn is to keep momentum going and be a switch in for Weavile. Defog is to get rid of any entry hazards, something Weavile is especially sensitive to. I already have Bounce and Supersonic Skystrike on Gyarados, so there was no need for Fly.

breloom.gif

Breloom

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Finally, we have Breloom as my second wallbreaker. Technician, Life Orb, maxed out Attack, and his Adamant nature ensure that he will be a powerful force. Swords Dance also helps him set up to be even more powerful. Spore is to put to sleep walls like Chansey, Clefable, and Toxapex who have a tendency to drive me nuts because they just won't die and keep healing themselves! Bullet Seed and Mach Punch is for STAB, and the latter is for priority. Since it has Technician, my priority move will be even stronger than normal. He's also here to deal with Ground and Rock types, in which the former threatens Heatran and Tapu Koko, and the latter threatens Gyarados and Weavile.

However, I really wanted to put a special wallbreaker on my team to deal with both special and physical threats. If you have any ideas and think I should replace Breloom or Landorus, please tell me!

Be brutally honest! I really want some constructive criticism on my team!​

Hi! I like the fact that you're using Weavile as it is honestly a great Pokemon, but I can see some changes to this team being made as it has a few weak matchups in the meta.

Changes in Blue
Threats in Red

This team kinda struggles against Pokemon like Mega Pinsir, Tapu Lele, Tapu Koko, Ash-Greninja, Kartana, and Zygarde. Which are all major threats in the current metagame.

Changes

Definitely use Choice Band over Life Orb on Weavile as Life Orb takes away from Weavile's health which it heavily needs as Life Orb Weavile with Stealth Rock up is practically 1/3rd dead for every time it comes in to fire off an attack.

I'm not too big on Choice Specs Tapu Koko because it has to rely on prediction to be able to spam Volt Switch as basically every team carries a Ground-type in this meta. Thus, I suggest changing it from Choice Specs to Shuca Berry, this improves your matchup against Mega Pinsir and Zygarde, which are threats to your team.

Now that you have Shuca Berry Tapu Koko I don't see much of a need for Rock Slide because the team already covers Mega Pinsir quite nicely now. So, instead of Rock Slide I recommend using Hidden Power Fire for Kartana, which is a big threat to the team, especially when equipped with a Choice Scarf.

In this metagame, there isn't much of a reason to use Breloom at all, its underwhelming Speed and bulk makes it very hard for it to setup and sweep, respectively. And with metagame titans like Tapu Bulu being so popular I don't see any reason to run it. Yeah, it has Spore, but that isn't big enough of a niche, really. Thus I'd suggest using Tapu Bulu instead of Breloom. This change helps a lot against Tapu Lele, Tapu Koko, Ash-Greninja, and Zygarde, which are big threats to the team, it also provides some nice extra recovery for Heatran.

Ending notes

Another potential change is replacing Gyarados' Flyinium Z with Waterium Z and changing Bounce to Earthquake to help against Zapdos, although the general chance of sweeping with Gyarados goes down significantly due to its inability to hurt Grass-types.

tl;dr: I changed up Tapu Koko's set to improve the general matchup against Mega Pinsir and Zygarde. Landorus-T is now better fit to take on Kartana thanks to Hidden Power Fire. And, changing Breloom to Tapu Bulu helps a lot in the matchup against Tapu Lele, Tapu Koko, Ash-Greninja, and Zygarde.

>>>
<<<
Click here

Hi! I like the fact that you're using Weavile as it is honestly a great Pokemon, but I can see some changes to this team being made as it has a few weak matchups in the meta.

Changes in Blue
Threats in Red

This team kinda struggles against Pokemon like Mega Pinsir, Tapu Lele, Tapu Koko, Ash-Greninja, Kartana, and Zygarde. Which are all major threats in the current metagame.

Changes

Definitely use Choice Band over Life Orb on Weavile as Life Orb takes away from Weavile's health which it heavily needs as Life Orb Weavile with Stealth Rock up is practically 1/3rd dead for every time it comes in to fire off an attack.

I'm not too big on Choice Specs Tapu Koko because it has to rely on prediction to be able to spam Volt Switch as basically every team carries a Ground-type in this meta. Thus, I suggest changing it from Choice Specs to Shuca Berry, this improves your matchup against Mega Pinsir and Zygarde, which are threats to your team.

Now that you have Shuca Berry Tapu Koko I don't see much of a need for Rock Slide because the team already covers Mega Pinsir quite nicely now. So, instead of Rock Slide I recommend using Hidden Power Fire for Kartana, which is a big threat to the team, especially when equipped with a Choice Scarf.

In this metagame, there isn't much of a reason to use Breloom at all, its underwhelming Speed and bulk makes it very hard for it to setup and sweep, respectively. And with metagame titans like Tapu Bulu being so popular I don't see any reason to run it. Yeah, it has Spore, but that isn't big enough of a niche, really. Thus I'd suggest using Tapu Bulu instead of Breloom. This change helps a lot against Tapu Lele, Tapu Koko, Ash-Greninja, and Zygarde, which are big threats to the team, it also provides some nice extra recovery for Heatran.

Ending notes

Another potential change is replacing Gyarados' Flyinium Z with Waterium Z and changing Bounce to Earthquake to help against Zapdos, although the general chance of sweeping with Gyarados goes down significantly due to its inability to hurt Grass-types.

tl;dr: I changed up Tapu Koko's set to improve the general matchup against Mega Pinsir and Zygarde. Landorus-T is now better fit to take on Kartana thanks to Hidden Power Fire. And, changing Breloom to Tapu Bulu helps a lot in the matchup against Tapu Lele, Tapu Koko, Ash-Greninja, and Zygarde.

>>>
<<<
Click here
Thanks so much for the tips!

Although, is Hidden Power Fire on Landorus really a good idea? Like I said, its not a special attacker.

Well, Bulu is my favorite Tapu so yeah! I can do that!

But I already have Earthquake on my Gyarados, and Zapdos is immune to Earthquake. Although I may use Waterium Z

It is, it comfortably OHKOs Kartana, which is practically all its used for.

My b, just replace Bounce with Taunt then, to annoy stall more.
My Heatran already has Taunt though. Besides, I like to use Bounce to deal with grass pokemon

My Heatran already has Taunt though. Besides, I like to use Bounce to deal with grass pokemon
It's perfectly fine to have 2 of the same moves on a team so that doesn't really matter. Also, your team deals with Grass-types better than against Stall so having Taunt to bolster that matchup is imo better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)