What Lines Deserve New Evos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't 100% sure where to post this, but this is def a question I wanted to ask. With new evos for old mons officially a thing again with Legends and SV, and a massively expanded backlog of mons since Gen IV, I was wondering - what lines do you guys think could use a new evolution to massively reinvent them, as we've seen with the likes of Ursaluna and Annhilape? Feel free to give your reasoning as to why.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
This feels like it's on the very edge of wishlisting. I'll put in some Pokemon, with all of them having the same reasoning: I feel they could do more with them.
  • Gen I: Parasect, Golduck, Dewgong, Hypno, Seaking, Jynx
  • Gen II: Ledian, Sudowoodo, Sunflora, Magcargo, Corsola, Delibird
  • Gen III: Swellow, Sableye, Mawile, Manectric, Volbeat, Illumise, Swalot, Torkoal, Zangoose, Seviper, Kecleon, Tropius, Glalie
  • Gen IV: Bibarel, Kricketune, Carnivine, Lumineon
  • Gen V: Simisage, Simisear, Simipour, Swoobat, Maractus, Sigilyph, Cryogonal, Druddigon, Heatmor, Durant
  • Gen VI: Aromatisse, Slurpuff
  • Gen VII: (None)
  • Gen VIII: Pincurchin
  • Gen IX: Spidops
If there's any someone wonders about they can ask.

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
This feels like it's on the very edge of wishlisting. I'll put in some Pokemon, with all of them having the same reasoning: I feel they could do more with them.
  • Gen I: Parasect, Golduck, Dewgong, Hypno, Seaking, Jynx
  • Gen II: Ledian, Sudowoodo, Sunflora, Magcargo, Corsola, Delibird
  • Gen III: Swellow, Sableye, Mawile, Manectric, Volbeat, Illumise, Swalot, Torkoal, Zangoose, Seviper, Kecleon, Tropius, Glalie
  • Gen IV: Bibarel, Kricketune, Carnivine, Lumineon
  • Gen V: Simisage, Simisear, Simipour, Swoobat, Maractus, Sigilyph, Cryogonal, Druddigon, Heatmor, Durant
  • Gen VI: Aromatisse, Slurpuff
  • Gen VII: (None)
  • Gen VIII: Pincurchin
  • Gen IX: Spidops
If there's any someone wonders about they can ask.
Coincidentally the other day I was looking for a thread I'm convinced existed at one point regarding which Pokemon have not received any new forms, gimmicks, or evolutions and I think this mostly answers it, thank you.

Though it's not too hard to find that information on your own. So, to add to your list - by finding a list of every unevolved Pokemon, and removing any which got a mega evolution, Gigantamax form, regional form, or have an obvious gimmick or counterpart that makes an evolution unlikely, you wind up with:

Generation 1
nothing

Generation 2
Shuckle
Delibird
Skarmory

Generation 3
Torkoal
Spinda
Castform
Kecleon
Tropius
Relicanth
Luvdisc

Generation 4
Chatot
Spiritomb
Carnivine

Generation 5
Maractus
Sigilyph
Emolga
Alomomola
Cryogonal
Druddigon
Bouffalant

Generation 6
Furfrou
Hawlucha
Klefki

Generation 7
Comfey
Pyukumuku
Minior
Komala
Bruxish
Dhelmise

Generation 8
Cramorant
Falinks
Pincurchin
Stonjourner
Eiscue

Generation 9
Klawf
Bombirdier
Cyclizar
Orthworm
Flamigo
Veluza
Dondozo

Honestly, with the actual mechanic no longer a thing, I'd really just say Sableye, Mawile, and Lopunny's Megas should just be overhauled into normal evos. There's very little reason at this point not to, outside of some ostensive issue concerning personal pride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)