Project What's Their Last? v2 Week 5: Double Dance Mew BO (Submission Phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
And that's it for our first round! Congratulations to DragonKnightmaster for winning this with his Calm Mind Tapu Lele submission, though the actual last Pokemon was Firium Z Heatran, which noone got. Yuruuu was pretty close with his Groundium Z Heatran submisson tho. OP will be updated soon(tm)

Round 2: SD Kartana Bulky Offense

Kartana @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Defog

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 20 SpD / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Roost
Good luck!

Last edited:

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
This team lacks 2 nearly mandatory things: firstly, a revenge killer for Volcarona and co, and secondly, a way to keep the momentum. At this point, only two mons are fitting these jobs: Scarf Koko, which is very rarely used, and Scarf Greninja, which provide the advantage of setting spikes up, which are very apreciated by Zard and Kartana while still hitting a lot of key threats, and there we are.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leo
Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Team's pretty slow so it needs some kind of strong priority. Ash-Gren tends to lure in things like Tangrowth which Charizard-X appreciates so there's that, and also beats Lando-T and shit. You flinch Toxapex.

Also a water and it almost definitely is.

Zard without hazard removal?
Kartana.

Last edited:
Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum

Throw-back time. BD Azu fits this bulky offense wonderfully, completing both a FWG and DFS core. This set also adds some much-needed priority to the team and an offensive check to greninja.

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
tumblr_mz6z5eORU31scncwdo1_500.gif

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Stone Edge
- Scald

This team kinda lacks a revenge killer for volcarona. Keldeo assists with this, along with knocking out Landorus, or atleast pressuring it out to take more rock damage etc. which helps Charizard and Kartana break things easily.

Keldeo also baits in Latios to help ttar trap it. Again to help charizard and Kartana

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick / Defog / Whatever
- Thunder Wave

The team is slow af with Kartana being the fastest mon and with SG Magearna being able to setup against Tyranitar locked into Pursuit or even Crunch and then proceeding to sweep the team fairly easily doesn't look good. Main reason I chose Latios was for Thunder Wave to cripple Magearna or faster stuff, which Zard X and Kartana can appreciate.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Hello, I decided to end the voting phase a bit earlier as it seems that there's already a clear winner, grats to Team Pokepals on winning this round! However, the last Pokemon is actually Choice Scarf Tapu Lele, which noone got. I kinda wanted to try something new to end this round so I went ahead and left some comments on these submissions:

Scarf Greninja: This was a solid guess and actually a former member of this team so props for that. While you were right on this team needing some Speed control without draining momentum, I don't find Volcarona to be that big of an issue with Charizard X as a decent enough check and Tyranitar as back up in case of a Psychium Z set. Outside of revening Volc Gren is a great scarfer though and definitely a solid pick fo this team, just not what I ended up using.
Specs Ash Greninja: This is indeed a fast mon that can make up for the slow-ish nature of the team but is not enough to check some faster threats. I like the offensive syngergy it has with the rest of the team though.
BD Azumarill: I wouldn't add another slow mon to the team despite having nice late-game cleaning capabilities because that would leave Kartana as my fastest mon which is not ideal in an offensive team like this. Typing synergy was an interesting take I'll admit, though it didn't work out this time.
Scarf Keld: This could probably work as an alternative to Greninja if you're really worried about Volc but in reality out of the few Volcaronas you'll encounter very few will need a dedicated revenge killer with Zard X and Tyranitar already in the team.
Scarf Latios: The winning submission, I like the idea of Thunder Wave on this as a Magearna countermeasure since it can be quite problematic but I don't think this team needs the pivoting capabilities of Latios (basically Keldeo is already covered and most Fire types are covered by Zard X), which is why I usually put this on my teams and Magearna can be handled unless it's a Fairium set, in which case this would be an apropiate answer. Another good last but not what I picked for this team.

Thanks for participating everybody, next round will be up soon!

edit: forgot to mention we're not having anouther round until a couple of days into usum, til then!

Last edited:

Leo

after hours
MPL Champion
And we're back! Took a while but with Naganadel out of the tier it's time to get this round going. For this round I have a team provided by a friend whose identity shall remain hidden because I didn't have anything I felt was fitting for this project, though I plan on using the new mons for the next couple of rounds.

Round 3: Choice Specs Pelipper Offense

Scizor-Mega (F) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 32 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Pelipper (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Garchomp (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Stealth Rock

Greninja-Ash @ Splash Plate
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Taunt

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 56 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness
Good luck!

Zapdos @ Electrium Z
Ability: Static
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Agility

vertex said:
THIS NEEDS SO MUCH MORE USAGE!!!!! its crazy what this thing does. specs pelipper complements this thing nicely by pressure av magearna, and it can uturn out of stuff like mantine and pex which it doesnt want to play games with cuz if u hurricane a ttar by accident, ur screwed. overall insane power and the coverage is ridiculous. cant be rk'd by scarfers and priority and sets up on a lot of stuff. just have mons to pressure mag and ttar. mega latios was something i was thinking of. also keeps venusaur in check.
basically this shit strong, u need z-move, and vertex just explained everything far better than i could

So Noisy

sehna padega thoda
Reserving Tapu koko

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt/Thunder
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Fits the voltturn concept of the team well. Pressures stuff like Toxapex/Celesteela which are kinda annoying to this team. Helps bring Pelipper/Scizor on fat grasses.

Last edited:

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
462.png

Magnezone @ Electrium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This team struggles with things like Toxapex. Since Garchomp and Bulu don't want to risk a scald burn magnezone is nice to have as an extra measure.

It also traps Ferrothorn and Celesteela which wall alot of the team with little worry. Not much else to say, but with Ferro and Pex covered Greninja destroys so much.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Hidden Power Fire
- Roost

This team is bothered by Celesteela, Toxapex and Zapdos. LO Kyu-B heavily preasures all these mons. Fusion Bolt nabs the 2HKO on Cele/Pex and Zapdos is blown back by Ice beam. Bulky grass types are also kinda anoying since Ash-Gren's Dark Pulse is dreadfully weak without Specs and Pelipper relies on Rain being up for accurate hurricanes. This Kyu-B set litterally 2HKOs every bulky grass type in the tier (except for like AV Ferro lol).
I also noticed that this set dosen't actually OHKO that many mons but rather 2HKOs ALOT of stuff. Weakening the opponents team early game greatly helps Gren get its Battle Bond off in the late game.
Hasty nature over Naive because this team does not switch into Zapdos so I find preserving my SpD more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)