move 2: Toxic
move 3: Rest / Moonlight
move 4: Sleep Talk / Heal Bell
item: No Item
ability: Synchronize
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

Musharna's solid bulk and useful movepool gives it a respectable niche as a physically defensive support mon. Its stats and typing let it switch into attacks from notable wallbreakers like Sawk, Silvally-Poison, and Qwilfish. Unfortunately, there are a lot of physical walls resisting Poison and Fightong-types, including Palossand, Uxie, and Alcremie. As a result, Musharna isn't that unique of a wall. To make it stand out from other physical walls, Musharna's powerful Future Sight pressures the opponent into switching different Pokemon in. This, on top of Musharna's use of Toxic, puts a timer on opposing teams. Rest and Sleep Talk let Musharna fully heal to preserve its longevity, but Moonlight and Heal Bell can be used instead for more immediate healing for damage and status. Synchronize makes it so that status users like Rotom and Miltank can be punished for doing so. Musharna doesn't run an item so that it takes less damage from Knock Off and becomes immune to Poltergeist.

Future Sight synergizes well with wallbreakers that force switches, especially ones that lure in Pokemon weak to Future Sight. Attackers like Gurdurr, Lycanroc-Midnight, and Sawk can bait checks like Silvally-Poison, Throh, and Qwilfish respectively.

[SET]
name: Calm Mind
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Psychic
move 3: Moonlight
move 4: Moonblast / Heal Bell
item: No Item
ability: Synchronize
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

Thanks to its defensive utility, quick recovery, and strong Special Attack, Musharna functions decently as a bulky win condition.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Rest and Sleep Talk can be ran on Musharna's Calm Mind set to regain full health and heal status. However, because it wants as many turns to set up Calm Mind, relying on Sleep Talk is unreliable. Calm Mind sets can run Kee Berry to make Musharna more difficult to take down in the late game, but it loses its immunity to Poltergeist while holding an item. Electric Seed is another item option, but its poor speed makes Musharna outclassed by Uxie as a bulky Electric Terrain sweeper.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Ghost-type Pokemon:**

Last edited:

viet noa

eating neopronoun pizza at little xe/xyrs
is a Pre-Contributor
sadly i'm going to cancel this analysis. i have a lot going on IRL, and competitive pokemon hasnt been my priority for a while. someone else can pick up where i left off if anybody feels like it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)