Wolves! Help and ideas much appreciated.

I've started a Mafia/Werewolves style game over at a Stephen King forum I mod at. The site is specifically dedicated to the Dark Tower series King wrote, so our game "Wolves!" is based on the antagonists from one of the books (Wolves Of The Calla, just incase you're interested :nerd: )

Anyway, we're all relative noobs to this sorta game, so I spent a month or so checking out werewolves and mafia forums to learn the ropes. Once I had the basics we played our first game. I kept it really simple. We have the Wolves, who vote on a victim by night and pm to me. Then during the day I announce the victim to the Folken, who are the innocent townspeople. They then vote on who to lynch etc. We had just two additional characters in the initial game, Pere Callahan - who can ask once a night whether a player is a Wolf. And Rosalita, who can save a player once a round (but not know if they are a Wolf or Folken).

Just so everyone understood how it worked, we had people reveal who they were as they were lynched. Also, I allowed all "dead" Folken to join in discussion (but not be able to vote). We've just started a new game where no-ones roles will be revealed until the end and dead players may not join in.

I've got quite a few ideas for making the game more complicated/interesting once my players are familiar with it - but I'd love your suggestions. How do you employ items and that sort of thing?

Using the fandom as the basis is great for the game, because I can draw on scenery and dialect from the book to make the narration parts of the game more, authentic if you like.

I just want to start off saying that Mafia on smogon is MUCH different then other forums mafia. smogon mafia has matured from the years it has been played into something almost unrecognizable to the party game that we have come from.

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

this might be of more help to you for your basic version of mafia to add some more variety of roles.

Yes, I could tell by reading the game threads in CM that your game has really evolved here, but that's why I asked here for advice - better to go to someone who really knows the ins and outs. Cheers for the link <3

Until I discovered Smogon mafia, I played mafia in a similar way. The next step to make it more complicated would be to add a hooker (a role blocker) and/or a mayor (double voter). From there, you can add whatever role you want, except for neutrals.

I'd suggest you take contact with Mekkah if you are interested in Smogon Mafia. He has played since the very first one (Saw Mafia), and is also an experienced host. He if anyone knows the stuff on Smogon Mafia.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)