"Worst Pokémon Ever"

You guys forgot about this piece of shit. I mean it has literally nothing going for it, bad typing, ugly af and mediocre stats and shitty movepool
It's the regional bug; we're not expecting anything good to come out of Burmy, Wormadam, or Mothim. And at least Wormadam can have better typing than Bug/Grass, and its best typing acknowledges it's trash. And it is trash, by the way. (and I'm too lazy to change my avatar to something other than Wormadam)

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
This brings up the question though - are there any Parasect that don't have the mushroom growing on their back? I've researched the Tarantula-Eating Wasp (essentially the premise of Parasect, except it's wasp eggs instead of zombie fungus), and there are rare instances of those that are affected escaping. I'd love to see realistic fan art of uninfected Paras/Parasect.
What Prescottio said. Paras' evolution into Parasect is more like the fungus evolving, bloating its host to improve its self-defense and mobility capabilities. Without the fungus, no evolution, Paras stays the same.

It's the regional bug; we're not expecting anything good to come out of Burmy, Wormadam, or Mothim. And at least Wormadam can have better typing than Bug/Grass, and its best typing acknowledges it's trash. And it is trash, by the way. (and I'm too lazy to change my avatar to something other than Wormadam)
It's the regional bug? I figured Kricketot took up that role; especially since Burmy has a lot of unique traits to it that don't fit the pattern (branching evolutionary line, only available on honey trees, form changes etc.)

It's the regional bug? I figured Kricketot took up that role; especially since Burmy has a lot of unique traits to it that don't fit the pattern (branching evolutionary line, only available on honey trees, form changes etc.)
Kricketot is more common but Burmy fits more, even if the Larva->Cocoon->Butterfly/Moth chain is not standard.

I personally like Mothim, but Burmy's line is one of the most forgettable Bug-type lines.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
I have always hated the ideas of Sawk and Throh. Most of Gen 5 seemed to be unoriginal to me, but these stand out (?) in unoriginality. They are basically Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, but more human-like. I don't know, but they always seem like a cop out to me.
Idk, as far as the Kanto-inspired Unova mons go, Sawk and Throh stand out as perhaps the most original of the group to me. The only thing they really share with the Hitmons is the fact that they're a duo of Fighting types with some type of specialty fighting style. Lore wise they're entirely different, and they also play differently too.

Idk, as far as the Kanto-inspired Unova mons go, Sawk and Throh stand out as perhaps the most original of the group to me. The only thing they really share with the Hitmons is the fact that they're a duo of Fighting types with some type of specialty fighting style. Lore wise they're entirely different, and they also play differently too.
Also, though away from design choices, while Sawk may be similar to the Gen 1 Hitmon's in stat distribution, Throh is really interesting because it's the only really bulky Fighting type. Many fighting types only focus on offence (Mienshao, Conk, Lucario) or have a really high HP/Def/Spdf and nothing else (Hariyama, Crabominable, Hitmonlee, Kommo-o). Hitmontop is it's closest neighbour, and I'll admit that it is a superior wall, despite having less than half the HP Throh has. Throh is incredibly unique in this aspect, although having no reliable recovery really hurts.

Last edited:
In my opinion, Corsola is a complete disaster. Its movepool sucks, its stats are even worse, and its design just doesn't appeal to me at all. Seriously, it's a pink coral with a smiley face and an adorable cry, can you take it seriously? I mean, you walk into the Battle Spot/Pokemon Showdown, you bring out your Gyarados, and that is what they chuck at you? It's honestly a wonder how people even find it cute when in reality it was done into a disservice, to the point that I don't see it as very cute.(Maybe it's because I'm more used to working with more dangerous-looking 'mons like Druddigon or Dragalge.)
Competitive-wise, it's utterly useless in the metagame and even outclassed in regular play. It was evidently designed to be a wall, but its defenses aren't even that high and its stats are worse than Onix. Its typing is horrid(a double weakness to Grass plus average defenses leaves it a sitting duck), and Carracosta is a much better defensive Water/Rock type if you ever feel like adding one. Its only chance of injuring anything is a set consisting of something along the lines of a Choice-Band+Hustle-boosted Head Smash with 252 Att EV's and an Adamant nature. That sounds great, and indeed, it would be great on anything else. Defensively, it doesn't even fare well at all(especially nowadays with heavy-hitters such as Bouffalant and Dodrio returning to the NU/PU tiers), since they can take Corsola out easily with their coverage moves(Dodrio can even OHKO Corsola with Jump Kick, even with its type disadvantage). Corsola's defensive movepool is also barren, consisting solely of Recover and, to a lesser extent, Mirror Coat(but good luck surviving ANY special attack), plus Regenerator if you include abilities.
Outside of battle, I hate how Corsola is excessively rare(ESPECIALLY in Gen 7, took me 2 days to find that bastard); in other words, a Pokemon that will eat away at a good chunk of your patience, time, and sanity, and all you get it this trollish grin staring at you because you wasted so much time finding it. All it's really good for is finding Mareanie.
I can now conclude that Corsola was designed to be the world's cutest wall. Well, that's horseshit, because it does not look cute, and it definitely is not a wall.
Special mention goes to Farfetch'd, Unown, Luvdisc, and Delcatty, but I felt I would go off rambling about Corsola first before I start tackling the other useless abominations.

Let me ask you, does that look like a stone-cold murderer(no pun intended)? I'll admit, when I first caught Corsola, I named it Bonesaw because I thought it would be great in battle.
Guess I was wrong.

In my opinion, Corsola is a complete disaster. Its movepool sucks, its stats are even worse, and its design just doesn't appeal to me at all. Seriously, it's a pink coral with a smiley face and an adorable cry, can you take it seriously? I mean, you walk into the Battle Spot/Pokemon Showdown, you bring out your Gyarados, and that is what they chuck at you? It's honestly a wonder how people even find it cute when in reality it was done into a disservice, to the point that I don't see it as very cute.(Maybe it's because I'm more used to working with more dangerous-looking 'mons like Druddigon or Dragalge.)
Competitive-wise, it's utterly useless in the metagame and even outclassed in regular play. It was evidently designed to be a wall, but its defenses aren't even that high and its stats are worse than Onix. Its typing is horrid(a double weakness to Grass plus average defenses leaves it a sitting duck), and Carracosta is a much better defensive Water/Rock type if you ever feel like adding one. Its only chance of injuring anything is a set consisting of something along the lines of a Choice-Band+Hustle-boosted Head Smash with 252 Att EV's and an Adamant nature. That sounds great, and indeed, it would be great on anything else. Defensively, it doesn't even fare well at all(especially nowadays with heavy-hitters such as Bouffalant and Dodrio returning to the NU/PU tiers), since they can take Corsola out easily with their coverage moves(Dodrio can even OHKO Corsola with Jump Kick, even with its type disadvantage). Corsola's defensive movepool is also barren, consisting solely of Recover and, to a lesser extent, Mirror Coat(but good luck surviving ANY special attack), plus Regenerator if you include abilities.
Outside of battle, I hate how Corsola is excessively rare(ESPECIALLY in Gen 7, took me 2 days to find that bastard); in other words, a Pokemon that will eat away at a good chunk of your patience, time, and sanity, and all you get it this trollish grin staring at you because you wasted so much time finding it. All it's really good for is finding Mareanie.
I can now conclude that Corsola was designed to be the world's cutest wall. Well, that's horseshit, because it does not look cute, and it definitely is not a wall.
Special mention goes to Farfetch'd, Unown, Luvdisc, and Delcatty, but I felt I would go off rambling about Corsola first before I start tackling the other useless abominations.

Let me ask you, does that look like a stone-cold murderer(no pun intended)? I'll admit, when I first caught Corsola, I named it Bonesaw because I thought it would be great in battle.
Guess I was wrong.
I actually like Corsola (it may be nostalgia from the anime, but I have always liked it). I thought it was a cool design back in the gen 2 days. And I think a lot of the points you raise are a little unfair. In game, honestly anything is usable because of how easy pokemon is. And competitively, it got better in gen 7 with regenerator as an ability. Sure, it won't be OU or anything but I think it can be fairly effective in the lower tiers this generation and look forward to testing it out. Also, when Onix was designed, it didn't have any evolutions, so it's not crazy for it to have higher stats than Corsola

I actually like Corsola (it may be nostalgia from the anime, but I have always liked it). I thought it was a cool design back in the gen 2 days. And I think a lot of the points you raise are a little unfair. In game, honestly anything is usable because of how easy pokemon is. And competitively, it got better in gen 7 with regenerator as an ability. Sure, it won't be OU or anything but I think it can be fairly effective in the lower tiers this generation and look forward to testing it out. Also, when Onix was designed, it didn't have any evolutions, so it's not crazy for it to have higher stats than Corsola
It actually already had Regenerator.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
I like Corsola from a design standpoint as well, but it's going to take more than a minor defensive buff to grant it any glimmer of viability In-game and in competitive play.

Really, most Johto Pokemon could be placed on this list. I love most of them from a design standpoint, but the majority of them just plain suck on the battlefield. D/P salvaged some mons like Sneasel and Togetic, and you have Pokemon like Qwilfish and Smeargle that can scrap up just enough to work with, but then you get the stuff like Sunflora, Dunsparce, Unown, Magcargo, Ledian, Delibird, Shuckle, and of course, Corsola. It's sad really; I know Pokemon was still pretty young back then, but it makes you wonder what the designers were thinking when designing the battle capacity of said mons.

I don't understand the meaning of Sunflora's existence.
Low stats really makes this monster useless. I really like the idea of being a living Sunflower, but the stats really holds it back. That 75 points onto Atk are really wasted.
I really like the idea of an evolution for it a la Alolan Exeggutor, with a long neck to reach the sunlight.

Shuckle is not really that bad: it is difficult to be OHKOed from full HP and has access to Sticky Web, which has a poor distribution.
Problem is that those abilities could be better.

Last edited:
I don't understand the meaning of Sunflora's existence.
Low stats really makes this monster useless. I really like the idea of being a living Sunflower, but the stats really holds it back. That 75 points onto Atk are really wasted.
I really like the idea of an evolution for it a la Alolan Exeggutor, with a long neck to reach the sunlight.

Shuckle is not really that bad: it is difficult to be OHKOed from full HP and has access to Sticky Web, which has a poor distribution.
Problem is that those abilities could be better.
I've kind of made a list of Pokémon I would adjust the BST for and Sunflora was one of them. My plan for it would be move 10 points from attack to defense and give it 20 additional speed. I have a bunch of guidelines I'd do and one of them is any Pokémon with a weather boosted ability has a minimum speed of 50. At 50 speed under Sun, it's still outsped by things but works much better as a sweeper.

Another guideline I'd have is no Pokémon with a BST under 250, so I would heavily buff Sunkern so it's at least useable in game. My plan for it is 10 hp, 20 defense, 30 special attack, 10 special defense and 10 speed. Even with those boosts it's still pretty garbage but if you make it a really early route Pokémon it could have some use. Thinking about it more I'd probably raise the lowest BST to 270.

For the life of me I don't understand why Gamefreak takes some of the most colorful animals under the sea:
upload_2017-4-27_23-55-7.png
upload_2017-4-27_23-56-1.png

and gives them the most boring color palates.

Dragalge barely scoots off the list but I'm not too big a fan of the "rotten algae" look for Skrelp, poison type or not. I guess the earlier mon's get a pass due to color palate limits for the Gameboy Color, but Finnieon and Luminieon really have no excuse.

I get that Gamefreak is probably trying to help kids identify visual cues with types (like the color blue with water types) but did they really have to kill the color diversity on a butterfly/lion/clownfish hybrid (Luminieon)? I'm pretty sure they'll figure out it's part water 'cause ITS A FISH.

I get that Gamefreak is probably trying to help kids identify visual cues with types (like the color blue with water types) but did they really have to kill the color diversity on a butterfly/lion/clownfish hybrid (Luminieon)? I'm pretty sure they'll figure out it's part water 'cause ITS A FISH.
With all due respect I don't think any of those are lion fish.
I doubt they're trying to make kids be able to recognize the type since the game lists it out anyway.
Probably just a generic letdown choice.

I've never had a problem with Pokémon based on objects.
All the Generation I 'object mons' didn't bother me.
The trash bag mon was stupid but whatever.
The Klink line didn't grind my gears at all.
The ice cream cone wasn't my favourite but I didn't mind.

Then I saw this during the XY leaks and was convinced that it was fake.
Turns out it wasn't and my love for this franchise died a tiny miniscule little bit that day.

And then the SM datamining gave us this beauty and I was experiencing Groundhog Day all over again.

If I ever had to pick two Pokémon to remove from the franchise completely, I'd pick those two in a heartbeat.

Turns out it wasn't and my love for this franchise died a tiny miniscule little bit that day.

And then the SM datamining gave us this beauty and I was experiencing Groundhog Day all over again.

If I ever had to pick two Pokémon to remove from the franchise completely, I'd pick those two in a heartbeat.
Klefki is like the least objectionable and most-easily explained one though? It's like the designs that involve ghosts possessing objects (which are awesome and deserve zero criticism).

Maybe you just don't like the fact they're hoop-shaped?

because if that's the case i have good news, they're not

Klefki actually looks like this

the keys are not actually part of its body, it just collects and then puts its arms together forming a circle

as for Comfey, this is its actual body

it has a spinneret on the back of its head and it sticks flowers to its "silk" making lei, the pokedex outright states that it gives those lei to people it likes

Klefki's my favourite Pokémon so I kinda feel the need to step in and defend it - a lot of people don't like that it's goofy or dumb or stupid or whatever but that's exactly why I love it. And it's clear that the dex entries just have fun with the concept, talking about how it "Jangles its keys threateningly".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)