Your Top 10 Albums of All Time

I enjoy a wide variety of music, but I mostly stick to rap/hip-hop and a few types of rock. This list was hard to make, but here goes:

10. Ready to Die - Biggie Smalls
- Obviously was a great album, very celebrated among hip-hop heads and fans of Biggie. His flow is unmatched and his voice as he spits is just so unique. Definitely a classic.

9. Stadium Arcadium - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Oh man, this album takes me back to the middle school days literally jamming out on my CD player every day on the bus. So many popular songs came off of that album and it turned out being a special one since John Frusciante ended up leaving. Anthony Kiedis never dissapoints, man.

8. Curren$y - Pilot Talk II
- This is a more recent album, but I love it. You've gotta kinda be in sync with the Jet Life that Curren$y raps about but the lines are ill and the beats and production make it a solid album. Audio Dope II is awesome every time I listen to it.

7. Radiohead - Kid A
- I know this album is on a lot of people's list, but damn right it should be. When I first heard it I was left in a sort of confusion. Very unique sound, and Thom Yorke's voice is amazing. I recommend it to people who have never listened to Radiohead and usually get good feedback on it. Go figure.

6. Nas - Illmatic
- Honestly, the fact that Nas wrote the lyrics for these songs when he was 17 is mindblowing. Every song had substance, lyricism, and most of all it sounded GREAT. "Straight out the fuckin' dungeons of rap... where fake niggas don't make it back" To think: that line wasn't even planned before the song...this album was an instant classic.

5. Nirvana - Nevermind
- Everyone loves Nirvana. And this album is no different. Honestly, I'm glad I was shown this album in 6th grade, it changed my view on rock/grunge/ whatever you'd like to call it. In Bloom, Lithium, Come As You Are, Drain You, Something In the Way... hell, the whole album was full of hits.

4. Kendrick Lamar- Good Kid, m.A.A.d City
-I really feel weird putting this into my top 10 of all time seeing as how this album didn't even come out a month ago, but it is seriously the best hip-hop album I have heard since Eminem released the Eminem Show in like '02. All the songs in the album tell one big story about Kendrick's life in Compton and they are put together so perfectly. He changes his flow many times while consistently spitting dope rhymes. What I love about it is that it's not your average mainstream hip-hop either, its actually far from it. Recommend anyone who likes hip-hop to listen to it if you haven't already, won't dissapoint.

3. Houses of The Holy/ Led Zeppelin IV - Led Zeppelin
- This one is a toss-up. Honestly I love both of these albums, and I don't think I'd be able to pick one if I had to. Led Zeppelin IV is regarded as one of the best albums of all time- and for good reason- but Houses of The Holy is just so damn good. D'yer Mak'er is my favorite Zepp song ever, followed by The Rain Song (which are both found on Houses of The Holy) but then Led Zep IV has such classics like Stairway to Heaven, When the Levee Breaks and of course, Going to California. This is about as tied as they can get for me.

2. Marshall Mathers LP - Eminem
- Eminem is my favorite artist overall, not just rapper, so it seems fitting that I'd place this album here. Honestly, the way that Eminem attacked whoever he wanted however he wanted made me love this album. His unique flow, voice, lyrics, beats, I just loved everything about this album. Him and Dr. Dre produced like 3 songs in 2 hours when they first teamed up for this album since they were both just popping ecstacy and going HAM in the studio. Classic Em lol.

1. Infinite - Eminem
-This right here is the reason I started listening to hip-hop. This album literally changed my life from the day I first listened to it. Not a lot of people know about this album, but in my opinion it is Eminem's best, lyrics-wise. Songs like "313", "Infinite", "Open Mic", "Tonite"... all were so good I kept this shit on repeat for hours. It would be great to hear this album remastered, but till then it'll still remain my all time fave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)