CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 5 (Build)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
The more and more I see talk about it getting Chlorophyll, the more I dislike it because it feels predictable and un-originality to a certain extent. I more rather have it with Flash Fire or something else.
Oh, thank goodness, I thought I was the only one. This Pokemon is certainly fitting to be a slow (medium speed) user of Sunny Day.

But I'm still tired, more on that later.

P.S. I would still prefer if this Pokemon stayed away from most stat boosts.

The more and more I see talk about it getting Chlorophyll, the more I dislike it because it feels predictable and un-originality to a certain extent. I more rather have it with Flash Fire or something else.
I totally agree here. Chlorophyll? More like bore-ophyll. o_O

But as you said earlier, the ability will be decided later on.

I'd like to reiterate what I said in an earlier post: I want to see a Fire type Motor Drive ability be utilized on this pokemon. This way it sort of meets in the middle of the Chlorophyll/Flash Fire argument and we can get away with giving it less points in Spe and more points elsewhere.

The only boost i would like to see it get is growth or we may as well just call it houndoom.

I would have thought yet another fire type with flash fire is just as boring as a clorophyll user.

Offensive: Special
Defensive: Mixed
Speed: Medium

im liking something with like base 65 speed, low hp, and good defenses

so it can subseed in the sun
leech seed
substitute
synthesis
fireblast/solarbeam
sounds great

mixed offense might be cool too

Offense: Physical
Defense: Special

I'd like to see it have a good Attack stat (100ish), with a useable Special one (85ish). The traits would be Rock Head and [+Spd, +SpA in Sun], allowing either the Flare Blitz / Wood Hammer physical version, or the Fire Blast / Solar Beam Sunny Day version.

The only boost i would like to see it get is growth or we may as well just call it houndoom.
Agreed. As far as stat boosting moves go I might be okay with Agility too, if it seems appropriate, as not many Fire types (or Grass types for that matter) gain the move. Right now among Fire types only Arcanine, Rapidash, Moltres, and Blaziken can use it. Sceptile is the sole Grass type user of the move. Not that it needs it, lol.

Oh, and we can't forget Double Team, because nearly everything can use that.

Offensive: Physical
Defensive: Physical
Speed: Fast

I don't want this to become another Heatran, I want this to be a Physical Tank, that can subseed if needed. Chlorophyll isn't what I was thinking, I was thinking something like Flash Fire, or something like a Water Absorb, or Volt Absorb.

Something along the lines of,
HP-75
Attack-115
Defense-115
Sp. Attack- 65
Sp. Defense- 85
Speed- 90
Total- 545

Offensive: Mixed

I want this to be able to play both physical and special. I'd like it to really become a force if it can get set up with weather and an ability. I want the speed to be in the 85-90 range. Unfortunately, that's right on the borderline.

I went with Fast because I'm not as worried as everyone else is regarding a Chlorophyll poke with good speed. Whether it gets superfast or ungodly-fast in the sun -- that's fairly inconsequential. If you give it 70 speed (middle medium), it will outspeed everything except Scarfed Weaviles and Scarfed base 130's (Jolteon etc) under Sunny Day. Basically, at 70 speed -- it outspeeds everything in the game if sun is shining. So making it faster than 70 really has no impact on Chlorophyll. What it does affect, is the playability of the pokemon when not in the sun. And with all the auto-weather pokemon out there, it's will have to be usable when not in sun. I think 85-90 is a good speed number, if it has balanced stats elsewhere.
With no evs in speed a 70 base pokemon outspeed every thing in game in the sun or do you have invest some speed i can't remember? Gamefreak designed(or it turned out that way) Chlorophyll pokes with low speed so you would invest evs in speed and because you had to invest in speed you could not put evs in all the other area it need.

It is not about outspeeding is about having to use evs in speed.Which in this pokemon case means it going to dump 252 evs in special attack (which will probably be in 95-130 range),6 in speed and it has 252 evs to put where ever need .252 free evs on poke that does not have all the weakness Eggy,shiftry and jumpluff and probably will have better defenses that all of them.That should bother you some

Speed does matter,You at least get stop to eggy or shifty before they set up,fast means you don't even get that option (which some people like).Without full spread and movepool I can't not present a real argument but i have present a good warning.

My choices

Offense: Special
Defense:Mixed
Speed:Medium

I'd really like to see this take the physical route attacking-wise. I agree with Stall's suggestion of the Rock Head ability, although I'd push for renaming it to be more type appropriate for this pokemon. This way we could viably use physical sets using Flare Blitz and Wood Hammer.

Oh, thank goodness, I thought I was the only one. This Pokemon is certainly fitting to be a slow (medium speed) user of Sunny Day.

But I'm still tired, more on that later.

P.S. I would still prefer if this Pokemon stayed away from most stat boosts.
You do know this would be only poke capable of getting stab attacks in sunshine like how waters get stab attack rain .Yup pretty boring

Offensive: Special
Speed: High

If 90-95 is considered High, then that fine with me.

I think Dane said it best. I want to be able to exercise the option not to use a Sunnybeam set with this Pokemon if I choose to.

Also, someone else had a good point, if it's speed is higher than most Chloryphyll'ers, then you don't have to invest many EV's to use a Sunny Day set.

I would have thought yet another fire type with flash fire is just as boring as a clorophyll user.
Point taken...we could do something unexpected and gave it Rock Head which might be justified by making it really heavy and fat looking, like a huge burning redwood tree. I would Solar Power, Drought, Flame Body, and Natural Cure though most what an really useful ability.

BTW, I said it was predictable and un-originality, I didn't say it was boring since I know it would rock so damn much.

Changed my vote too:

Reasoning: THUNDERPAWCH...that and after Aldraon's word of wisdom, I realized that he was actually right about something.

Physcial
Special
fast

i would like to see thing thing use blaze kick and leaf blade for main stab and be reasonably fast yet able to come in on special attacks

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
You do know this would be only poke capable of getting stab attacks in sunshine like how waters get stab attack rain .Yup pretty boring
Is there any reason you bring this up when it is completely irrelevant to anything I have stated?

Really dont even make drought an option, or everything would just become sunny day teams.

I would like to see it get one good defensive abilty and one offensive

defensive- flame body,nature cure,poison heal?
offensive- aftermath,solar power,clorophyll,

Is physical even in contention for rock head to be under discussion, i thought special had taken the majority of the votes.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Actually, though I was initially a supporter of Chlorophyll, I am not anymore. I thought, by adding some top tier OU Pokemon that took advantage of Sun, we would be balancing a metagame that sees Sand, Hail and Rain used enough but not Sun.

However, I'm going to go ahead and ask for something that isn't Chlorophyll / Flash Fire / Flame Body / (Fire version of Motor Drive) whenever the ability topic comes around, only because I really want some new and something that take advantage of what will hopefully be a unique base stat spread.

Is there any reason you bring this up?
You are trying to treat chlorophyll like it some boring common trait which it might be ,but on this pokemon it is the perfect storm and present a unique chance that will probably never happen again .I understand the backlash people have been assuming that chlorophyll would be the trait when it has not even been chosen.It would be pretty funny if didn't get chosen and the art thread could lead to a different vision.

Change my Vote to:

Offensive: Physical(Medium, like base 90 or so)
Defensive: Mixed (But high, like base 110)
Speed: Very Slow (Like base 20)

He'll be a tank.

if we're talking about abilities, I want to mention Solar Power. It gives a 50% boost to SAtk in sunlight, at the cost of 1/8 HP per turn.

If we did something like that, we could use it as a special attacker pretty well, though it would suicide from all the damage after a while. However, with that big boost in SAtk, you wouldn't need a massive SAtk basestat to let it clean things up, at least after you get rid of special walls. That way, you could also have a big attack stat, letting you use it as a physical attacker outside of Sunny Day. That would make it pretty unpredictable, which is cool, but also limits it a lot so that you can counter it.

To make sure it isn't broken, we'd have to sacrifice some stats somewhere. Speed would have to be high for it to be usable, but you can nerf one of its defenses, and make it bulky on the other side.

I dunno, I'm kinda thinking as I type, what do ya'll think of that?

Solar Power is definitely cool, err.. hot. That's what I was initially thinking for this.

Imagine a Fire Blast: 120 x 1.5 (STAB) x 1.5 (Sun) x (Solar Power) = 405 BP. That's bound to burn a hole into anything not named Heatran.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
When I agreed with Gothic Togekiss, it was purely the basic statement and not the "why."

I do not assume. I also do not care if something is boring or not.

With that said, I will reply to you (Luck) in the most inadequate way of my ability.

Why does this Pokemon need Chlorophyll to be "unique?" Is it because that a Sunny Day-type Pokemon needs to be fast? Why?

Offensive:Special
Defensive:Mixed
Speed:Medium

Dont waste speed stats, we can give it chlorophyll

Special means its most likely going to be blissey fodder, unless Instant Solar Beam + Chlorophyll can 2hko, or it gets a boah set :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)