CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 8 (Stat spread selection)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
I have no idea what Deck Knight is getting at in his post, to be honest, or why he chose Fishin's post to quote (which has nothing to do with anything he says afterwards). O_o

As of now, I am fine with Morning Sun because someone proved to me it wouldn't be that ridiculous. I am still extremely iffy about Growth, although Fishin did a good job defending its limited power.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
You also could've listed Recover. It's a pretty plant-like concept, and this guy looks pretty draconic, so I imagine him going somewhere to heal anyway. People are going to scream broken at the tops of their lungs, but is it really?

1. Latinoheat: 98 / 74 / 112 / 107 / 90 / 63
2. Aldaron&Mekkah: 120 / 70 / 105 / 95 / 90 / 60
3. Admiral_Stalfos19: 110 / 73 / 99 /104 / 99 / 60
4. Hyra: 123 / 61 / 104 / 91 / 86 / 80

This is the sort of crap i'm talking about from these CAP Server/Project mods, they are so bias. Do you see how quick Aldaron was to jump on me about trolling, because he felt my post weren't about the topic. But look at the last two pages, all of you are trolling, including Aldaron. The guy even banned me for a day because he said i trolled this topic. Doug you really need to watch your staff. They punish by convience and not by what is right and whats wrong.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
lol ^

Anyway, elementary school kid aside, Grass support moves are perfectly viable even with the art.

note, sceptile.

lol ^

Anyway, elementary school kid aside, Grass support moves are perfectly viable even with the art.

note, sceptile.
Oh i guess since he can't justify shit, he drifts away from retaliation.

Also Sceptile doesn't have Wooden arms. It looks like a Grass type. Woodman, looks more like Fire/Rock, but i guess the wood shows it's grass type, and yes that sounds farfetch'd but w/e. Sceptile also isn't a Fire type. Giving Pokemon to hit the only other type that blocks it Leech Seed with a Super Effecting hitting move is so broken. Grass type's usually have to settle for Hidden Power Fire. But this things gets 120 Base Power moves such as Fire Blast. Venasuar and Jumpluff can do it as well, but you're comparing Poison and Flying type to Fire type. Also Jumpluff only gets Aerial Ace ( 60 Base Power ), Venasaur gets Sludge Bomb ( 90 Base Power ).. Fire Grass gets Overheat ( 140 Base Power ) It's broken.

uh... talking about moves isn't trolling, its preparation for the next discussion poll thing.

And Sceptile has fertilizer on its back and a tree for a tail. It has plenty of places to generate seeds from. I'm just going to go with cannons shoot seeds for our explanation.

Hm... speaking of that, vines coming out of the cannons for attacks sounds pretty badass. Who else agrees?

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Like I mentioned earlier, Woodman could use Leech Seed the same way Sceptile does. In other words, I have no idea how it uses Leech Seed either. :S

EDIT: Hyra got me.

How is that we're all trolling when the movepool poll is only a day or two away, and discussing on which move(s) would break him, help him, or don't even make sense on him trolling? If you're soo insisting that we should have punished Aldaron for his crime, whatever they may be then okay.

A-Ron, time for your punishment.

Hm... speaking of that, vines coming out of the cannons for attacks sounds pretty badass. Who else agrees?
I totally agree with you.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Lesse *looks at Octy movepool*:

Bullet Seed
Charge Beam
Dust Shoot (lolwat)
Energy Ball
Flamethrower
Flash Cannon
Hyper Beam
Psybeam
Rock Blast
Signal Beam
Solarbeam
Tri Attack
Zap Cannon

these
Ember (lulz)
Fire Blast
Flamethrower
Flare Blitz
Overheat
Sunny Day
WOW
Heat Wave
Power Whip
Wood Hammer
Grass Knot
Leaf Storm
Leech Seed
Flash
Growth
Sleep Talk
Rest
Swords dance
Body Slam
Return
Crunch
Flame Wheel
Headbutt
Iron Head
Seed Bomb
Skull Bash
Rock Smash
Counter
Mud Shot
Mud Bomb
Rock Wrecker
Mirror Shot
Pin Missle
Magnet Bomb (is this a move??)
Aeroblast (yess!!!)
these
that and EQ

This is the sort of crap i'm talking about from these CAP Server/Project mods, they are so bias. Do you see how quick Aldaron was to jump on me about trolling, because he felt my post weren't about the topic. But look at the last two pages, all of you are trolling, including Aldaron. The guy even banned me for a day because he said i trolled this topic. Doug you really need to watch your staff. They punish by convience and not by what is right and whats wrong.
Im not going to pick sides on this one, im simply stating observations. Lil Ant can be a bit inflamitory sometimes. However, Aldaron banned him on the server for no good reason, he hadn't even posted in the main chat at that time. "Trolling" on Smogon =/= Server Ban. With that being said, Aldaron is right that you do troll sometimes. Can you both be civil? If either of you want to respond to my post, please don't turn it into a flame war.

Like I mentioned earlier, Woodman could use Leech Seed the same way Sceptile does. In other words, I have no idea how it uses Leech Seed either. :S

EDIT: Hyra got me.
lol, back sprite helps. As does having Sceptile be one of your favorite designs.

So with all you other guys defending Aldaron, tell me how the fuck was i trolling, when i was talking about how defensive these BST totals were?

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Uhh I banned Cuteslims (lil ant) (who btw is banned ON THIS SITE) for trolling Aki hardcore the other day.

He was exceptionally condescending, and if you have a problem tennisace, please, take it up with me privately. Don't accuse me of not being civil, as I have ignored Cuteslims.

Anyway, someone punish me ;)

And I agree with Karrot; Leech Seed it is ;D

So with all you other guys defending Aldaron, tell me how the fuck was i trolling, when i was talking about how defensive these BST totals were?
I think its more you were saying they weren't balanced when they fit with our current definition of balanced. There's nothing you could do about it, because those spreads were made within the guidelines given.

I think its more you were saying they weren't balanced when they fit with our current definition of balanced. There's nothing you could do about it, because those spreads were made within the guidelines given.
That explains how i was trolling? I really don't see it but meh, whatever you say.

Uhh I banned Cuteslims (lil ant) (who btw is banned ON THIS SITE) for trolling Aki hardcore the other day.

He was exceptionally condescending, and if you have a problem tennisace, please, take it up with me privately. Don't accuse me of not being civil, as I have ignored Cuteslims.

Anyway, someone punish me ;)

And I agree with Karrot; Leech Seed it is ;D
I trolled Aki hardcore the other day? What the hell, you can even ask Aki if i trolled him the other him, watch what he says. Or better yet, tell Doug to read the log, and tell me if i trolled him.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
aldaron im not saying your not being civil, im saying stay civil. same for lil ant. im going to leave it at that and get back on topic.

leech seed is ok, there will be some that use it, some that dont, similar to breloom. and for the how will it use it argument: Wooper+Focus Punch.

Either way, i'm dropping the situation. Even though it's very unfair, but it isn't getting me anywhere so i'll drop it.

1-Aldaron&Mekkah: 120 / 70 / 105 / 95 / 90 / 60
2-Futuresuperstar: 115 / 80 / 95 / 110 / 70 / 75
3-Latinoheat: 98 / 74 / 112 / 107 / 90 / 63
4-Time Mage: 45 / 55 / 115 / 105 / 115 / 105

Off-Topic: Did Wooper learn Focus Punch in the RSE era?

On Topic: Well...since none are truly balanced based on Lil Ant's word, I would say that our turn accidentally turn defensive. I suppose sticking alot of support moves onto him would help him out with his job.

Aldaron

geriatric
Yep, I concur tennisace.

Also, since "defensive brokenness" is so hard to quantify, or even subjectively recognize, I don't think we should limit the support or defense options until testing.

It's a shame that I have no mind for this, or I'd really love to vote. Please no one give me grief....

It'll be interesting to see how this turns out though. Expect me to vote and discuss on the other polls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)