CAP 4 CAP 4 - Art Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice, i like both that and loraks right now.

and yah, spiders are gross looking, but not in the same way that poisons are. think muk, weezing, swalot...excepted is ariados, who is bug primarily.

i donno, i don't think the spider idea is awful, it would just have to be done right...

My second design is inspired by the Mongolian Worm idea going around the thread.
Thank you.

Absolution, I suggest a thorny devil instead of a komodo dragon so we can add spikes to it. Maybe even a thorny devil/ankylosaurus hybrid. The color I imagine is yellowish with a tint of red or brown, just like the regular thorny devil. The Poison aspect can be added by having venom dripping out of the spikes. Your design is solid, though.

I personally do not like the green spider design, mainly because it is bipedal. I'd like to see a spider that looks more like an actual one. I suggest crossing the burrowing spiders with say, a tarantula with poisonous bristles.

For anyone that's not interested in the 'Spider Queen,' I threw together this interpretation of the komodo idea. It definitely looks more bulky, still could be pretty fast, and could probably have a higher attack. And yes, I know the legs aren't level. It bothers me too. lol

Color scheme changed a bit. Traded the acid green for a sandy color.

Damn! You sure can whip these up fast! Very good!

But yeah, I agree with Alper on this one. Mabye add a few more spikes and stuff and we'll be in bussiness. Mabye a few rows going down it's back?

Not a artist or anything but how about a poisonous zombie/earth bound spirit/mud Monster? Like radioactive mud monster/zombie thing.
Damn straight, tsuchigumo fits that concept and base stats to a tee, and it's a spider to boot. With its power to cast illusions, moves like Hypnosis, Gravity and Trick Room will be no problem.

It is also possible to give him a "regal" apparance and control over other arachnid-based monsters such as Ariados, Spinarak and Scorpi, like Politoed can control the Poliwag line as extra flavour.

Not a artist or anything but how about a poisonous zombie/earth bound spirit/mud Monster? Like radioactive mud monster/zombie thing.
I like the radioactive mud monster idea. It could explain all the ulitily stuff (think Clayface). I'll be back with some poor quality art, unless someone else could run with this.

true... but I can't draw it considering that my sketches cause eyes to bleed.

I'll sketch a sludge golem anyways, probably won't post it though.

Hey guys sorry for the long time but i was able to scan some new pictures. As some requested i decided to make my pokemon just a little more badass(but not too much), enough to make him look like he wants to fuk someone up. If enough people like him then ill color it.
p.s. i know some people might think the worm thing is more interesting but i think this pokemon has some possiblites that the worm doesnt

Absolution, I suggest a thorny devil instead of a komodo dragon so we can add spikes to it. Maybe even a thorny devil/ankylosaurus hybrid.
My only issue with that is that the more spikes you start adding on a design, the more fanboyish it becomes. Like its X_TREEEMMME!!!!111 or whatever. I'll consider it though.

The color I imagine is yellowish with a tint of red or brown, just like the regular thorny devil. The Poison aspect can be added by having venom dripping out of the spikes. Your design is solid, though.
For all my designs I'll probably be sticking to the same general color schemes. While not all pokemon stick to their type color schemes, I prefer it.

I personally do not like the green spider design, mainly because it is bipedal. I'd like to see a spider that looks more like an actual one.
The bipedal aspect of it is one of my favorite parts of my design (the hands, however are my absolute favorite). We already have the Spinarak line for regular spiders, and I wanted something different.

Damn! You sure can whip these up fast! Very good!
Get ready for another one ;)

But yeah, I agree with Alper on this one. Mabye add a few more spikes and stuff and we'll be in bussiness. Mabye a few rows going down it's back?
I might add a line down its back, or at least on its tail, a little later.

And here, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you not just my latest, but my favorite design.

I came to realize that what we want this Pokemon to do, the design options we're suggesting, and the Pokemon's type just aren't matching up.

So I went a little abstract. I thought about the Pokemon that Wish, that support, and what they look like. Jirachi, Vaporeon, the rest. They're not gigantic lizard monsters. So Jirachi was my starting off point. A fairy, an elf, a sprite.

An imp.

A Smog Imp.

No matter what stats are decided, they'll work. This thing can be as fast, as strong, and as bulky as anyone wants because the precident has been set for all those things. Celebi, Jirachi, the Clef line, the Toge line, the Grandbull line. This design places him in the Fairy egg group, and thus will have access to all those utility moves that he's being made to use.

I can picture Tailwind coming out of his cloud of smog, dirt, and sand. Rapid spin could be his cloud spinning around like a tornado. Same thought could apply to whirlwind. He has the spikes. Gravity works. Wish works. Encore works. Haze works. Perish Song. Trick Room.

There's very few moves in the original list that I couldn't see apply.

Quite frankly, I really hope everyone likes this little guy, because I love him. I know a lot of people want to go the 'badass' route with everything, but this is Pokemon. They're allowed to be cute too (with a healthy extra helping of badass on the side). Pocket Monsters, remember?

I hope that more ideas come out that look similar to salamenceslashers'/absolutions simply because they look like pokemon that would be used for utility, rather than the monster pokes that are popping up. A spider for me would need something to it that I cant imagine in order to make people think ground rather than there's a big frikkin bug. As for the worm I think that that's the more plausible of between worm and spider but the point I wanted to stress was that something a little more removed from traditional concepts would make utility moves feasible in the way that salamenceslashers does. I think mischief=utility is an idea that's working.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Darth Meanie's design, as rendered by me before, now with color, as to Darth Meanie's specifications:

Darth Meanie said:
It looks really good! The gem was supposed to be purple, the scales a dark yellow or alternating yellow black, and the spines on top were just gray. It also had a pinkish underbelly. Thanks for letting my design not die in the stranglehold of my suxorz art skills.

EDIT 1: Absolution, as a fan of Sableye, I say "Yay!" I think it'd look interesting with some sort of gas mask or respirator, but that's just me.

EDIT 2: Y'welcome, Darth Meanie. As an added bonus... have an avatar!

nice looking! Definetely a good, original design. Only gripe I have is the ground part is hard to imagine.

Smog Imp? Maybe a Smogon Imp!

EDIT: The colors look great! Thanks for the help Lorak!

The smog imp is awesome. I love that idea, and the art goes with just about any support move you can think of. Poorly-drawn-in-Paint radioactive sewer mud monster to come.

EDIT: To make it part ground as well, you may need to put some "earthy" tones to it, or add rocks...

Have it carrying a brown swag bag or a pick axe, I dont know I'm sorry its late. But the Imp does need to look like a ground type because I want it to be the design chosen.

Alright, It seems like everyone is kinda leaning towards small, cute and fast and away from the original worm and spider ideas.

Since poison/ground won, I figured I'd have a go the death worm idea. He doesn't look that pokemon-like but that can probably be remedied.

I decided to just whip up a quick sketch this time. Based on the design though,I could see this guy getting alot of the moves people want. Might need to tone down the badass a bit but... here it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)