CAP 9 CAP 9 - Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, what about Darquake?

The origin of this name is quite simple; Dar = Dark, while Quake = Earthquake. It's not hard to say either. I was also thinking of naming it Narquake.

Not sure which sounds better, if they are any good anyway.

Obviously the name you should choose for CAP9

Final Submission

Since it got a mention, I'm going with Oraboro as my name. It combines Orca with Burrow to make a badass name. It sounds really nice, isn't too complicated, and fits the art pretty nicely. Since the art has been compared with Dugtrio quite frequently, I think the digging aspect of the CAP shouldn't be ignored, and the burrow part of Oraboro fits that very well.

Pronounced Oh-Ruh-Boh-Roh

Hmm, what about Darquake?

The origin of this name is quite simple; Dar = Dark, while Quake = Earthquake. It's not hard to say either. I was also thinking of naming it Narquake.

Not sure which sounds better, if they are any good anyway.
I like Narquake more, but thats just me.

Sanlack
(Sand+Black)

Sand for ground and black for dark type.
Other variations: Sandlack, Sablack, Sandack

Tonicak
(Tectonic + Black)

Tarklack

(Tectonic+Dark+Black)

I skipped the three pages, so if any of these have been said, disregard them and let me know. Thank you.

Final Submission:
Minodon

Derived from "Mine", as in "digging" and "Monodon", "Monodon" being the genus narwhals belong to. Fairly simple combination of words as most pokemon are, rolls off the tongue rather easily, no?

From what I am seeing so far, Mobyss (Sooth), Savadrill (Cartoons!), Malarichtr (FlareBlitz), and Colosoil (franky) seem to be my cup of tea and names that I would vote for. I find that they flow very well so I don't have to feel awkward about saying the name. They are also quite fitting for this fellow.

Since a lot of people seem to be throwing around suggestions, I might as well toss a couple more into the jumble as well.

Sinister + Monodon monoceros = Siniceros

The word "sinister" comes from this narwhale Pokemon's dark type, hence why I used that in this name. Monondon monoceros is the species name for the narwhale, so I just tacked on "ceros" onto the end.

Subterranian + Scar = Subterscar

The word "subterranian" comes from the fact that this Pokemon is peeking his head out of the ground and, hence, goes under ground. It's also dark underground, I would imagine, but that's beside the point. The "scar" part comes from the fact that there are scars on the narwhale's body.

I'm open to suggestions as to adjusting the spelling of either name or which name I should go with for my final submission (if I make one, that is).

Edit:

@ The Other Doug: I'm glad you like "Siniceros." Since you comented on one of mine, I might as well give you some feedback on one of yours. Regarding Terrawhale, I didn't even realize that the "terrible" part was in there, so I think you should bring out the "terrible" more. Maybe changing the name to "Terriwhale" might do it, but that's purely my suggestion and, therefore, at your discretion.

I just had a stroke of genius.

Whalfles.

Whal = he's a whale
fles = stemming from waffles, fitting with the reasoning that dark type = black = liking waffles, fusing with whal... I got nothing.

Final Submission:

Necrodon

From necro-, a prefix usually used for dark magic, since it's dark type, and Monodon, which is the Genus of narwhals.

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I personally belive Torrca sounds pretty awesome.

Terra for land
and Orca because its a whale goddamn

Okay, Tuffy is the best name submitted so far.

Anyway, I'll through down and say Scarwhal. Scarwhal is obviously a compination of Scar and Narwhal. I suppose if you take it a bit further, with CAP9 being made to stop the secondary, the name also relates on how it works. After all, it will be scarring walls when they're secondary damage isn't working as well!

As far as I know, Plus didn't tell us how long we had to submit our final Submission, since I'm still looking for feedback. This is mainly directed towards Plus, but if anyone else knows...
How long do we have left to post here?

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Threads are up for a minimum of at least a day, but I'm probably going to close this by Friday EST in the evening, perhaps.

Here's a few ideas:
Terrawhale (Terrible + Whale/Whale + Terra [earth] ) It's a terrible Whale, of the Nar variety, that lives in the earth.

Monodrill
(Monodon monoceros + Drill) Monodon Monoceros is the scientific name for Narwhal. I don't like this one as much though, because "Mono" implies 1 drill, when this Whale has at least 5.

I tried to choose names that were easy to pronounce. Any feedback at all is aprectiated. I might post a few more ideas if these names are terrible.

So far, I'm liking Gnarwhirl, Saharwhal, and Siniceros.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I really like Deck's name suggestion, Tunnarwhal, a lot. I think that names that emphasize the narwhal aspect of this Pokemon (narwhal itself is a pretty powerful word) work well here, so:

Terrarwhal - Terra + Terror + Narwhal (I'm aware that someone has submitted Terrawhale and possibly even Terrawhal, but it's the extra R that is important)
Tremorwhal - Tremor + Narwhal

Since it got a mention, I'm going with Oraboro as my name. It combines Orca with Burrow to make a badass name.
Just a thought, but that name really reminds me of a certain mythical dragon-snake that is eating its own tail and whatnot. Sounds cool, in other words. I'd vote for it.:)

Just forget about the edit, though. I am just going to do the wise thing and shut my piehole before I get in trouble.

New question: Can I edit my Final Submission? Or at least delete it? Since it's caused so much controversy, I'd like to just get rid of it, if anything. So, do I have permission to do either of these?

Just a new idea I came up with, also. If I can't edit my post, feel free to submit it if you like it enough. I'm probably going to come up with more though, since these things are rolling off of the top of my head.

Drillean
(Drill+[Baliene+Mean] / [corruption of Baliene]. Drill, for obvious reasons; Baliene, which is French for Whale [; and Mean, symbolizing either its toughness or dark attitude]. Mean could even be translated to Lean if it was a [*gasp*] fairly light Pokemon.)

So, what do you guys think?

Final Submission:

Necrodon

From necro-, a prefix usually used for dark magic, since it's dark type, and Monodon, which is the Genus of narwhals.
necro means dead, more fitting for a ghost type imo

what do you guys think about:

Mobiceros (moby + monoceros, the species name of narwhal)

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
FINAL SUBMISSION
Malarichtr

"Mala" is meant to be a variation of the first part of the word "malicious", an adjective which seems to suit our evil little Narwhal just fine.

"Richtr" is referring to the Richter scale, which was used to measure the magnitude of earthquakes. This fits our Ground typing and part of our movepool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)