Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Can someone quickly explain how to hatch a shiny egg in HG and SS. I know how to use the rng program to find my seed but I dont know where to start my game at and when to advance the frame to get a frame of 12

i tried it myself, here's what i got
i had 2 roamers out, did 490 frame advancements and got frame 493
so midnight doesnt advance the frame
thanks guys:)

OK: I have a Staryu, it's Modest. I have it and a Ditto in the Daycare. I want a Modest Staryu with 31s in everything (ATK doesn't matter though). It can eb shiny, or not, whatever is easier.

Can I get some kind of "Step X" explanation? The entire first 2 pages read like gibberish to me, and I have noo idea what I'm doing.

Heartgold btw

Im having trouble getting accurate results when using Pikatimer as its not running properly on my computer, there is often a delay between the second eg 3..2..1..0 and when it 'dings' for those second. Sometimes it doesn't even make a ding at all. I have read that this is caused by having to many programs running on the computer but the only programs I have open are Pikatimer and RNG Reporter. Any suggestions on how I could make it run better??

PID: ba05cc6c (JOLLY, ability 0) 27/31/25/31/31/31 (Seed: 3e160284 Method 1: 12885, J (synch): 12752, J (no synch): 12788, K (synch): 12754, K (no synch): 12802) HP DARK 67

this is an output from PokeRNG and i dont quite know how to read it. Im looking for meathod J with synch so does that mean its on frame 12788?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
PID: ba05cc6c (JOLLY, ability 0) 27/31/25/31/31/31 (Seed: 3e160284 Method 1: 12885, J (synch): 12752, J (no synch): 12788, K (synch): 12754, K (no synch): 12802) HP DARK 67

this is an output from PokeRNG and i dont quite know how to read it. Im looking for meathod J with synch so does that mean its on frame 12788?
if your using a synchronizer then the lowest frame that the spread appears on is 12752 for this seed, without one you get the spread at a minimum frame 12788.

Im having trouble getting accurate results when using Pikatimer as its not running properly on my computer, there is often a delay between the second eg 3..2..1..0 and when it 'dings' for those second. Sometimes it doesn't even make a ding at all. I have read that this is caused by having to many programs running on the computer but the only programs I have open are Pikatimer and RNG Reporter. Any suggestions on how I could make it run better??
I've had some similar experiences but only when I had like 8 windows opened at the same time. Maybe it's your RAM memory?

Sorry for the delay. I have a guide for egg IVs on HGSS on my thread now. You may need to read the shiny egg guide to understand parts of it.

Sorry for the delay. I have a guide for egg IVs on HGSS on my thread now. You may need to read the shiny egg guide to understand parts of it.
I have read your guides before and do all the things you suggest. I am fairly successful at breeding projects for both shinyness and IVs using the button mashing technique. But I now wish to try and learn capturing which is where im having the trouble. The is no way that I can hit the correct high delay when my Pikatimer doesn't run properly.....

I think I quoted the wrong person, Pokemon?. There was someone earlier than you asking for help with breeding. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
I RNGd a Latias successfully last sunday, but since then I haven't been able to hit my seed (well, I hit it once, but ended up on the wrong frame) consistently. Any tips? Should I keep pressing L, R, Select and Start and release them when the first timer reaches zero or should I press all but one of them and the fourth once the timer reaches zero?

RockinX

is a Contributor Alumnus
I just got a copy of Emerald. How far do I have to get into the game before it's reasonable to start with the RNG abuse?
You should finish the game first so you can clone rare candies that'll let you check the pokés' IVs easily.

I just don't understand how to RNG for standing legends in HGSS. The Physical Spreads excel file gives me a list of spreads in this format:

Seed Offset PID Shiny Nature Ability HP Atk Def SpA SpD Spe Hidden Power Hidden Power Power

What is the offset? How do I change it from one number to another?

If I want to RNG Ho-oh with this, for example:

19120275 42 a181a31e Adamant 0 31 31 30 20 30 31 Poison 59

What do I do? I see the seed, and the offset. Is the offset the delay or frame, or something completely different? Do I reset the game until I hit my delay ... or what? I don't understand this, but I want to get a good Ho-oh, so can someone please help me out?

I see. Any speed-run tips, then? It took me well over 60 hours to defeat the Elite Four for the first time in SS; I'd rather not spend that long in Emerald.

RockinX

is a Contributor Alumnus
I see. Any speed-run tips, then? It took me well over 60 hours to defeat the Elite Four for the first time in SS; I'd rather not spend that long in Emerald.
Select Mudkip, use a balanced party of three pokés throughout the whole game (if you choose a Swellow, you can have it poisoned to hit harder and not need to level up as much to beat the Elite Four, though you might want to save the Façade TM for when you can clone it). It's not really that long if you don't do stuff that isn't necessary (like battling all trainers, but you obviously need to battle a few for experience).

Mudkip + Tailow can do pretty well, maybe Grumpig or Kadabra too. If you're not looking to RNG Rayquaza or have an AR and a refight code, catch that, because of how easy it makes the game afterwards.

With a team of Sceptile, Grumpig, Swellow, and Golem, I got through the first 7 gyms easily. After Rayquaza, I beat the game in about 20 some hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)