Ask a simple question, get a simple answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you give a Pokemon a trade item then trade it you are giving that item away. And if you recieve a Pokemon holding an item you get to keep it. Sometimes youu can trade "mule" Pokemon holding items you wish to trade.

Just wanted to clarify how Pokerus and a "Power" item would stack when EV training. If Pokerus doubles the points and the "Power" item adds four, how would it calculate?

Example: Kill a Zubat with Pokerus and Power Ankle -> 1 EV x 2 + 4 = 6?

Kill a Golbat -> 2 EV x 2 + 4 = 8?
Zubat = (1 + 4)*2 = 10

1 being normal EV given, 4 being the power item, *2 being Pokerus.

Golbat = (2 + 4)*2 = 12

1. Are Cresselia's and Mesprit's stats pre-set at the very beginning of the game or is it when you talk to them? (I'm assuming it's when you talk to them).
When you first talk to them. no idea about the burmys in honey trees though.

Question: What is the new name for Somersault?

U-Turn

Is there anyone like the guy in Emerald who gives you a rating for your Pokemon's average IV? if not is using Rare Candy to lvl 20 the only way to calculate IVs fast?

Hill

ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day
is a Past WCoP Champion
Is there anyone like the guy in Emerald who gives you a rating for your Pokemon's average IV? if not is using Rare Candy to lvl 20 the only way to calculate IVs fast?
I'm not sure about the guy, but you can calculate IVs pretty fast with auto level balance from wifi(lv.100). You'll just need another person to do that

You soft reset on the DS by pressing L + R + Start + Select. Not A + B + Start + Select.

I was going to type more, but I forgot what I was going to say...

Is breeding the same in D/P as R/S/E? Like.. 1 IV from dad, 1 IV from mom, 1 IV from a random parent, and 3 random IVs?
Oh.. not related to D/P, but, in Ruby/Sapphire, if I had used an everstone when mating, would it still have the 50% chance of keeping the parent's nature?

First off this is how breeding worked ins R/S/E:

For R/S 3 random IVs from the combined set of both parents were selected. Then the other 3 were generated

For E:
  • 1 IV was selected from all possible IVs from both parents.
  • 1 IV was selected from all possible IVs from both parents excluding HP
  • 1 IV was selected from all possible IVs from both parents excluding HP & DEF
  • The other 3 IVs were randomly generated
So far we haven't gotten to test breeding in D/P. We assume that it will be similar to E. The only thing noted is that the Everstone is broken.

It appears to have been changed to this:
3rd gen + 3rd gen: Everstone works
4th gen + 4th gen: Everstone works
3rd gen + 4th gen: EVerstone doesn't work

where 3rd gen is refering to pokemon imported to D/P via Pal Park

So the Everstone problem is from pokemon specifically from previous games, not the generation they're from.

R/S/E/FR/LG (Pal Park'd) + R/S/E/FR/LG (Pal Park'd) = Everstone works

D/P + D/P = Everstone works

R/S/E/FR/LG (Pal Park'd) + D/P = Everstone doesn't work

Is that correct?

Actual Question: Is there any way to speed up the battles... aside from changing text speed to fast (wish there was a faster), turning animations off, and battle type SET?

This seems to be the slowest battle engine of the entire series.

Actual Question: Is there any way to speed up the battles... aside from changing text speed to fast (wish there was a faster), turning animations off, and battle type SET?

This seems to be the slowest battle engine of the entire series.
just make a sweeper team. i didn't know the difference.

*still waiting on if -EV berries are in this game*...

*still waiting on if -EV berries are in this game*...
I know a least the HP and SpD are in, not sure where I found them though

----

1. Is there anything equivalent to the effort ribbon to know if you filled up your EVs?

2. When you check a pokemons area in the pokedex sometimes its red and sometimes its blue, what's the difference?

3. Do the pokemon in the safari zone change everyday or can you keep looking in the binoculars till the one you want appears (I really want a croagunk)?

The EV berries interest me, since I have a number of Pokemon that I didn't properly EV train, because they were used to beat the Elite 4, etc. However, most of them are level 100 now. Is it possible to still shift their EVs about a bit? I know this sounds silly, but I'm sure I heard something about putting them in the PC and taking them back out again, and it changes. That might have been something else though.

You can, but the only way to do it is feeding vitamins. Since vitamins max out at 100 EVs, you won't be able to get more EVs than that into any stat afterwards.

If that means I can take all the attack EVs out of, say, a Modest Jolteon, and put them back into his special attack, then thats still pretty cool.

Going by the list in the research thread it looks like Grass Knot and Stealth Rock are one time only. Anyone know if it's possible to buy/win either of these in DP?

So the Everstone problem is from pokemon specifically from previous games, not the generation they're from.

R/S/E/FR/LG (Pal Park'd) + R/S/E/FR/LG (Pal Park'd) = Everstone works

D/P + D/P = Everstone works

R/S/E/FR/LG (Pal Park'd) + D/P = Everstone doesn't work

Is that correct?
That's what has been seen so far. We plan to confirm this for sure on the NA version

Whats up with those little personality descriptions you see when you're looking at the sheet with your pokemon's nature on it? Like "often dozes off" or "likes to thrash about"?

I know the Gible question was answered earlier, but is there any requirements I have to complete before he appears in Wayward cave, I helped that girl out of the cave, and I looked in the Morning, but no luck, I have yet to check in the day if the day starts at Noon though, as I had to stop checking at 11:30 or so on account of school, so, where is he?

I know the Gible question was answered earlier, but is there any requirements I have to complete before he appears in Wayward cave, I helped that girl out of the cave, and I looked in the Morning, but no luck, I have yet to check in the day if the day starts at Noon though, as I had to stop checking at 11:30 or so on account of school, so, where is he?
There's a cave actually underneath Cycling Road, as in, you can't actually see the entrance to the cave as cycling road is in the way.

Gible is in there and not in the part of the cave where you help the girl out. And it appears at any time of the day.

Where is the move deleter? I read that he is in the house above the pokecenter in canalave but the door is locked.

You can, but the only way to do it is feeding vitamins. Since vitamins max out at 100 EVs, you won't be able to get more EVs than that into any stat afterwards.
If you use an EV reducing berry in DP and you have 111+ EVs in that stat, the berry will return you to 100 EVs. If you have 110 or less EVs in a stat, the berries reduce your EVs by 10 each use. So, if I had 252 EVs in Attack on my Ursaring and I used an Attack EV reducing berry on it, it would have 100 EVs in Attack afterwards.

Going by the list in the research thread it looks like Grass Knot and Stealth Rock are one time only. Anyone know if it's possible to buy/win either of these in DP?
They're Gym Leader TMs, so tough luck here. I'm pretty sure you can't buy them in PBR, either, so you'll have to restart your game to get more of any of the Gym Leader's TMs. Of course, there are a few that are learned by Pokemon outright (that can be passed on to other species), like Shadow Claw, Flash Cannon and Brine. Electrode learnes Charge Beam, too.

Whats up with those little personality descriptions you see when you're looking at the sheet with your pokemon's nature on it? Like "often dozes off" or "likes to thrash about"?
No one's 100% on these yet, but they definitely describe an IV. Whether or not it's your highest IV or it's just some IV-based flavor text (no practical value) is still up for debate. ADH made a thread on 'em.

He's not in the same cave as the girl. There's a secret entrance under the bridge to the left of the main entrance that opens up once you rescue her. You need strength to go further. Once you're in, make your way to the basement, and that is where Gible is; he's not on the floor you enter on, to be clear.

EDIT
I changed the clock to Friday, and am in the grass outside the Windworks, but no Drifloom =[.
If you change the DS internal clock, you have to wait 24 hours from the time your game realises this until time-specific events will open back up to you, i.e. Pal Park, Drifloon, Rival Battles...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)