5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Start Pokemon White from the 3DS menu, or Continue from the game's menu? My seconds value has been as soon as I started the game from the 3DS menu, but I just tried it from Continue and that didn't work, either.

For that screenshot, I synced the 3DS with the external clock at 15:01:00, turned off the system, turned it back on, then started Pokemon White from the 3DS menu at 15:02:00.
At the 3DS menu. Odd that you aren't getting. You might want to try making the range of min/max of your Pokemons IVs wider, and not exactly 1 number like you are doing. Make sense? I will post a pic in a second.

EDIT: Look at min/max IV range. That's what should look like if your pokemon isn't level 100 or you checked with pokecheck.

At the 3DS menu. Odd that you aren't getting. You might want to try making the range of min/max of your Pokemons IVs wider, and not exactly 1 number like you are doing. Make sense? I will post a pic in a second.

EDIT: Look at min/max IV range. That's what should look like if your pokemon isn't level 100 or you checked with pokecheck.

I've been using Metalkid+Rare Candies to check my IVs.

These are my results when I get a range of IVs from the IV Checker/Minidex:

These are my results when I use the exact same Pokemon in Pokecheck and enter its exact IVs:

Either way, I get nothing.

Well damn. I don't see any other mistakes you could be making. Do you have a AR sticking in your DS? Try a different time. Like 15 seconds, or 30.

Well damn. I don't see any other mistakes you could be making. Do you have a AR sticking in your DS? Try a different time. Like 15 seconds, or 30.
No, I don't own an AR. Tried both times, though.

Hmm... do the foreign languages approved in the readme only apply to the gamecart? My gamecart is in American English, but both of my DSes are in French. Would that have an effect?

how do you find out mac adress
Go to Wi-Fi setting in the 3DS menu, or In the Pokemon menu (where it says continue, new game, etc.)

No, I don't own an AR. Tried both times, though.

Hmm... do the foreign languages approved in the readme only apply to the gamecart? My gamecart is in American English, but both of my DSes are in French. Would that have an effect?
Your 3DS doesn't have a region lock? :S Are you pressing any buttons at all before the Game freak star animation appears?

Your 3DS doesn't have a region lock? :S Are you pressing any buttons at all before the Game freak star animation appears?
NTSC consoles can play both English and French games because of Canada. : ) I have an NTSC French Black as well, but haven't tried to RNG it because RNG Reporter doesn't support French gamecarts yet...

And no, I don't press any buttons before then. I usually set my 3DS down after I select White from the 3DS menu, then use that time to enter the time/date into the Parameter Finder.

EDIT: I tried changing the language of my 3DS, no difference.

I don't think the synch nature dropdown is working correctly in timer finder's capture tab. After doing a few searches for wild shinies, it felt that I wasn't getting as many results as I should when I specified the desired nature and synch nature. So, to test it out, I tried searching for a shiny I'd captured previously.

This is when I search with nothing selected in the nature or synch nature dropdowns:

This is when I use the same search parameters, but with the synch nature changed to Modest:

Then when I search with just the nature changed to Modest or both the nature and synch nature dropdowns changed to Modest, I get no results at all.

So, it looks like what's happening is that the synch nature is getting ignored. When I ran the search with the synch nature changed, the nature should have shown up as Modest, not Quirky. Since it treats the synched nature as the default instead of what the nature would be if it changed, the result is filtered out if the nature is specified.

Note that this doesn't happen all the time and that it seems to be a rare instance. Still, it is not producing results that should be showing up either way.

For reference, I am using RNG Reporter 9.93, and these are my parameters (the same ones I'd used to find the previous shiny).

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't think the synch nature dropdown is working correctly in timer finder's capture tab.
Oh, well, looks like it's been a bad dropdown and we're just going to punish it by removing it entirely next release.

edit: see, removed the offending box.

Would using Pokecheck to determine the SSF mess with the RNG Reporter? Cos the IVs I'm getting are nothing like the ones that are on the main window.

Hello good people from Smogon.

I became interested in learning how to RNG with Pokémon Black-White. However it seems to be a daunting task, specially when I'm not a native english speaker.

I'm well aware of all the guides posted in here but I'm at a loss on where to start. I was wondering if anyone was kind enough to just point me in what order should I follow the guides -being that I have zero knowledge in the subject- to start learning.

Thanks, in advance.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Would using Pokecheck to determine the SSF mess with the RNG Reporter? Cos the IVs I'm getting are nothing like the ones that are on the main window.
Most likely you're hitting the wrong Timer0. Keep trying, or redo your parameters.

Also, if you're trying to find your SSF in an area with NPCs, then using Pokécheck won't always work, because it requires you to save and the NPCs might not necessarily make the same advancements the next time you do it.

I'm playing through PKMN Black for the first time after a year-long hiatus from the series. I intend to get back into RNG manipulation and wanted to know if there are precautions I should take regarding legendaries and any other one-off Pokemon during the singleplayer quest. In other words, is there a point of no return where I should stop what I'm doing in the game and start bringing myself back up to speed on this stuff before I proceed any further? I don't mind spoilers.

I'm playing through PKMN Black for the first time after a year-long hiatus from the series. I intend to get back into RNG manipulation and wanted to know if there are precautions I should take regarding legendaries and any other one-off Pokemon during the singleplayer quest. In other words, is there a point of no return where I should stop what I'm doing in the game and start bringing myself back up to speed on this stuff before I proceed any further? I don't mind spoilers.
If you want to RNG abuse your Roamer (Thundurus / Tornadus) then you need to make sure you don't go past the house on Route 7. If you don't care about the roamer, then the next place you would need to stop is before the E4 if you want to RNG abuse Zekrom / Reshiram (but Zekrom / Reshiram will re spawn later after you KO them if you can completely fill all 24 boxes in your PC). That's about it, I think!

I'm still trying to hit my seed. Am I doing this right?

-Synch clock to the time on the second window of the RNG reporter and hit it 2 seconds before cos of the actual time in the parameters
-turn off the C-gear
-spam x, hit b and then spam a to pick up the egg
-hatch the egg and find out it's IVs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)