5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I'm having trouble finding my parametres. I've saved my game at Victory Road (the first floor where there are no NPC) and I have three PKMN in my team including one with Sweet Scent. I last tried at 2:51:30 starting at 2:51:29.

I'm having trouble finding my parametres. I've saved my game at Victory Road (the first floor where there are no NPC) and I have three PKMN in my team including one with Sweet Scent. I last tried at 2:51:30 starting at 2:51:29.
Are you using a 3DS/DSi? If you are, you need to start 8 seconds earlier, not 1. If you're using a DS/Lite, then could you possibly post a snapshot of your parameters finder window?

When finding your parameters you don't want to start your game up a second early from when you enter your time.

Oh but I thought it took a second for the game to load or something. Anyway screenshots:

Yeah, you should start one second early. Why wouldn't you? :P

Anyways, you filled in everything correctly... are you sure there are no NPCs there? Try going to Lostlorn Forest and try there. Or you could try making your minimum second 28 and searching (maybe Snapback was right) and see if you get anything.

Edit: Snapback, who told you not to start one second early for parameters? o.O I didn't do that when I found my parameters.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Doesn't the parameter finder tell you what your adjusted second is anyway? Shouldn't matter when you start it unless it's near a minute change.

Doesn't the parameter finder tell you what your adjusted second is anyway? Shouldn't matter when you start it unless it's near a minute change.
Yes, but because his/her min seconds is 30 and s/he is starting the game at 29 it isn't picking up any parameters or seeds.

EDIT: At POJ I just have always done that. I think Jolteon305 or something like that on serebii told me to. I will try it right now :P

EDIT 2: I just comfirmed it. Hope this picture helps Reshiram and my case :P

Yes, but because his/her min seconds is 30 and s/he is starting the game at 29 it isn't picking up any parameters or seeds.

EDIT: At POJ I just have always done that. I think Jolteon305 or something like that on serebii told me to. I will try it right now :P

Oh, interesting! Thanks. But I still don't understand why I didn't have Reshiram's problem when I found my parameters.

Reshiram, try putting 29 in the seconds box on the right side, and also make your min sec 29 like Snapback did. Then start your game at 29 like you were doing and see if you find results.

Yeah, you should start one second early. Why wouldn't you? :P

Anyways, you filled in everything correctly... are you sure there are no NPCs there? Try going to Lostlorn Forest and try there. Or you could try making your minimum second 28 and searching (maybe Snapback was right) and see if you get anything.

Edit: Snapback, who told you not to start one second early for parameters? o.O I didn't do that when I found my parameters.
There was just a small lake and two staircases/ whatever you want to call them. I looked around to make sure. I will try it again and then if nothing comes up Lostlorn Forrest.

I'll keep trying, I know I will get it eventually. Just one more thing, is it more likely to work if you use the 24 hr clock?

Just one more thing, is it more likely to work if you use the 24 hr clock?
What do you mean? You're always using a 24 hour clock anyways since the DS uses a 24 hour clock. Just make sure that you type in the exact time your DS is set to. So, if your target time was 14:00:00 you would put the number 14 in the hour spot, not 2.

Why is it that when I copy a seed into the main window of the RNG Reporter that I seem to get target seeds with the same Hidden Power? (For me this is mostly dragon-, ghost-, steel-, ice- and dark-.) Even when I play around with the IV's in the initial seed menu I still manage to get the same Hidden Powers.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
ive heard u can rng standard seeds from dsi or 3ds again..is this true?
Yes. Read the third post.

Why is it that when I copy a seed into the main window of the RNG Reporter that I seem to get target seeds with the same Hidden Power? (For me this is mostly dragon-, ghost-, steel-, ice- and dark-.) Even when I play around with the IV's in the initial seed menu I still manage to get the same Hidden Powers.
Because you keep searching for spreads with the same Special Attack\Speed. HP type depends on whether certain IVs are odd or even, and it looks like you are leaving those two mostly untouched.

I'm also having problems finding my parameters. At first I thought it was because I was using my old DSLite, which has a sticky R button that might have been stuck down as I started the game, but I got the same results when I switched over to my 3DS.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. My 3DS is synced with my PC's clock. I saved in the Giant Chasm Cave with 5 Pokemon in my party, start the game from the DS menu, use Sweet Scent, catch a Pokemon, then determine its IVs. I also tried the same procedure at Victory Road (in an area with no NPCs), but still couldn't find any results.

I'm also having problems finding my parameters. At first I thought it was because I was using my old DSLite, which has a sticky R button that might have been stuck down as I started the game, but I got the same results when I switched over to my 3DS.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. My 3DS is synced with my PC's clock. I saved in the Giant Chasm Cave with 5 Pokemon in my party, start the game from the DS menu, use Sweet Scent, catch a Pokemon, then determine its IVs. I also tried the same procedure at Victory Road (in an area with no NPCs), but still couldn't find any results.
Are you entering the game at 00 seconds or starting the DSs time at 00? If it's the second one then that's why. You want to put the second you started up the game from the DS menu.

Are you entering the game at 00 seconds or starting the DSs time at 00? If it's the second one then that's why. You want to put the second you started up the game from the DS menu.
Start Pokemon White from the 3DS menu, or Continue from the game's menu? My seconds value has been as soon as I started the game from the 3DS menu, but I just tried it from Continue and that didn't work, either.

For that screenshot, I synced the 3DS with the external clock at 15:01:00, turned off the system, turned it back on, then started Pokemon White from the 3DS menu at 15:02:00.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)