5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
When RNG Breeding for Shinies in 5th Gen, if I use an International Ditto that I transferred from a non-international 4th Gen game, do I still check the "International Parents" box in the Time Finder window?
International Pokemon are always considered international. In this case, if the Ditto in question is from another country, then yes, it will still be considered international parent.

you are not suggested to press anything when your keypresses are set to none, not until when the black GAME FREAK screen shows up.
Actually, you should also make sure to not activate the C-gear while entering the game unless you are planning on using the C-gear RNG method. This would cause your frame to advance at a steady pace even if there are no NPCs in the area you're in.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
International Pokemon are always considered international. In this case, if the Ditto in question is from another country, then yes, it will still be considered international parent.
aren't they actually have to be from different languages? Like English and Japanese?

Actually, you should also make sure to not activate the C-gear while entering the game unless you are planning on using the C-gear RNG method. This would cause your frame to advance at a steady pace even if there are no NPCs in the area you're in.
I do press one "B" at some point to make sure the Cgear doesn't activate.

If what you all say is true, I suppose I will recalibrate, this time waiting for the "GAMEFREAK" logo to show up before I start pressing "A" to get through menus, ect. If this is the case I set button presses to none, right? (I still don't understand the function of button presses/holds...)

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If what you all say is true, I suppose I will recalibrate, this time waiting for the "GAMEFREAK" logo to show up before I start pressing "A" to get through menus, ect. If this is the case I set button presses to none, right? (I still don't understand the function of button presses/holds...)
If you're not pressing buttons, then you set it to none. I wouldn't bother with keypresses while calibrating, their only purposes is to make it easier to find good seeds once you start actually RNGing.

In the DS Parameter Finder, what do I enter for the Min/Max Seconds, and the information in the boxes below?

Right Now I have:
Seconds: __ / __
VCount: 50 / 70
Timer0: C60 / CA0
GxStat: 6 / 6
VFrame: 0 / 10

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
In the DS Parameter Finder, what do I enter for the Min/Max Seconds, and the information in the boxes below?

Right Now I have:
Seconds: __ / __
VCount: 50 / 70
Timer0: C60 / CA0
GxStat: 6 / 6
VFrame: 0 / 10
You don't have to touch that box at all

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
To clarify: when you input the time you used, it should fill the seconds boxes automatically. The rest is set by the DS type. You shouldn't ever have to change them manually unless you're using a flashcart.

So when I use certain menus in RNG Reporter (primarily when clicking the seed to time menu), it cause the program to force close. I've tried install the microsoft .net 2.0, but I already have it, so does anyone know how to fix the force hang of this program?

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
So when I use certain menus in RNG Reporter (primarily when clicking the seed to time menu), it cause the program to force close. I've tried install the microsoft .net 2.0, but I already have it, so does anyone know how to fix the force hang of this program?
Try getting the latest version (4.0) instead. If after that you're still having problems post the full specs for your computer.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Try getting the latest version (4.0) instead. If after that you're still having problems post the full specs for your computer.
.NET version should have nothing to do with the issue. Can you please post the exact error message you get when you try to open the menu?

.NET version should have nothing to do with the issue. Can you please post the exact error message you get when you try to open the menu?
"RNG Reporter has stopped working
Windows is checking for a solution to the problem..."
They give you an option to cancel

Then after a few seconds of waiting for a solution it says:

A Problem cased the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."
They give you an option to debug or close program.

My Specs are:
Manufacturer: Toshiba
Model: PORTEGE R835
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.1 GHz 2.1 GHz
RAM: 4 GB
System: 64-bit

If you aren't getting the IVs then you're missing the Standard seed. This could mean that either you are missing your timer0 (not likely if you've tried quite a few times) or missing your target time, or you're not hitting your IV frame. If your IV frame is 1, then that won't be the problem. I'm guessing you're missing your target time, so I'm going to suggest that you try using the 3rd gen. tab of Eon Timer instead of the 5th gen tab, because the 5th gen tab is meant for hitting C-Gear seeds (with delays). If you go to the 3rd gen. tab, set the "first timer" to your target seconds minus however many seconds you're DS is off by (for example, on a DS lite/phat, you have to start the game one second before your target second). This will give you a whole number instead of xx:yy, so I think it works better. Don't worry about the target frame, just put in 0 for that.

You should be using the PID RNG method in the main window, the Method 5 Standard seed will just show you the IVs for each frame. But, since you're getting your target nature, and you don't need a specific ability / gender / shinyness, then you don't need to worry about that either.

You only need to find your parameters once. But if you feel you messed up the first time, you can always try again.
I do find the Gen 3 Timer to be helpful with being consistent. But I think the right nature I was getting was a simple fluke. I'm still getting everything but what I was looking for. Started over from scratch and tried going about it again but with no luck. Again, I can get consistent results but not the results I want to get.

I do find the Gen 3 Timer to be helpful with being consistent. But I think the right nature I was getting was a simple fluke. I'm still getting everything but what I was looking for. Started over from scratch and tried going about it again but with no luck. Again, I can get consistent results but not the results I want to get.
We need to know what you think the problem is, or give us more info on how you're hitting your seed to make sure you're doing everything correctly. Do you think you aren't hitting your target time, or maybe you're messing up on your IV frame, or something else?

When you found your parameters, what second did you enter your game from the DS menu and what second did the parameter window give as "Actual Seconds"? Maybe you're missing your target seconds because you're entering at the wrong time.

If that's not the problem, maybe you aren't using the right keypresses?

We need to know what you think the problem is, or give us more info on how you're hitting your seed to make sure you're doing everything correctly. Do you think you aren't hitting your target time, or maybe you're messing up on your IV frame, or something else?

When you found your parameters, what second did you enter your game from the DS menu and what second did the parameter window give as "Actual Seconds"? Maybe you're missing your target seconds because you're entering at the wrong time.

If that's not the problem, maybe you aren't using the right keypresses?
I ran my parameters again, using the Gen 3 timer. Curiously, I got 30 seconds this time entering at the 30 second mark. Last time using Gen 5's timer, I got 29 seconds aiming for the 30 second mark. My Timer0 is still C7C. Funny thing is that worked for me last time.

Maybe I am missing my target time. My DS is ancient, think that might be a reason? I calibrated my Gen 5 timer with -62 (added an extra .04 seconds) and it worked fine for me. Gave the DS a bit more than a second and I was able to connect with my target time on Wondercards.

As for the present second my target time, it's 59 seconds, entering at 58.

I'm not using keypresses. I tend to get Timer0s of C7D with keypresses.

I ran my parameters again, using the Gen 3 timer. Curiously, I got 30 seconds this time entering at the 30 second mark. Last time using Gen 5's timer, I got 29 seconds aiming for the 30 second mark. My Timer0 is still C7C. Funny thing is that worked for me last time.

Maybe I am missing my target time. My DS is ancient, think that might be a reason? I calibrated my Gen 5 timer with -62 (added an extra .04 seconds) and it worked fine for me. Gave the DS a bit more than a second and I was able to connect with my target time on Wondercards.

As for the present second my target time, it's 59 seconds, entering at 58.

I'm not using keypresses. I tend to get Timer0s of C7D with keypresses.
Hmm. Try using the adjacent seed tool for 5th gen (on the main window, click 5th gen tools and select adjacent seed tool) and set the seconds as +/- 1 with all the info from your seed correctly entered. Generate and see if any of the results match the IVs you get most commonly. I'm going to guess that you're hitting 58 seconds, since when you ran your parameters search again, you entered at 30 and your actual seconds was 30.

I would say try entering at 59 seconds with Eon Timer's 3rd gen tab a few times and see if it works. But the adjacent seed tool should help you find out what you're actually hitting.

If you're still having trouble you can try pasting the seed here with all its info along with your parameters, maybe we can find something you might be missing. (sometimes I miss silly things, like I forget to pick the right game version I'm using, or I forget that the DS uses military time, etc.)

Hmm. Try using the adjacent seed tool for 5th gen (on the main window, click 5th gen tools and select adjacent seed tool) and set the seconds as +/- 1 with all the info from your seed correctly entered. Generate and see if any of the results match the IVs you get most commonly. I'm going to guess that you're hitting 58 seconds, since when you ran your parameters search again, you entered at 30 and your actual seconds was 30.

I would say try entering at 59 seconds with Eon Timer's 3rd gen tab a few times and see if it works. But the adjacent seed tool should help you find out what you're actually hitting.

If you're still having trouble you can try pasting the seed here with all its info along with your parameters, maybe we can find something you might be missing. (sometimes I miss silly things, like I forget to pick the right game version I'm using, or I forget that the DS uses military time, etc.)
I ran adjacent, and it's showing I'm getting C7D on Timer0. Ugh...

At least I'm hitting seconds spot on.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I ran adjacent, and it's showing I'm getting C7D on Timer0. Ugh...

At least I'm hitting seconds spot on.
Try adjusting your timing slightly, I've found that I tend to hit one or the other Timer0 more often depending on what part of the second I press A on. And if you find you hit C7D more often over many attempts, you might want to search for a seed using that instead.

Try adjusting your timing slightly, I've found that I tend to hit one or the other Timer0 more often depending on what part of the second I press A on. And if you find you hit C7D more often over many attempts, you might want to search for a seed using that instead.
Managed to hit the right Timer0 this time. Got the right nature. IVs were a complete miss. :(

That said, I may rely on C7D moreso in the future.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Windows is checking for a solution to the problem..."
They give you an option to cancel
Unfortunately that isn't too much information to go off of. Your computer is plenty new enough. I'll assume you now have .net framework 4.0 installed and are on Windows 7. My best guess then is that either the exe is corrupt (download it again) or that something like an antivirus is getting in the way (see if temporarily disabling it fixes your issue).

I'm starting my game from a hard reset using the AR Dsi, so how should I adjust my timing to hit the target time? I keep getting no results (I'm calibrating),

Managed to hit the right Timer0 this time. Got the right nature. IVs were a complete miss. :(
How did you get the right timer0, but the wrong IVs? If you pressed A at the menu at the correct second and didn't press any buttons until the stars, you should have gotten the IVs.

@Ericcc, using an AR for RNG in BW is not recommended (I'm assuming you're talking about standard seed abuse since you said you're calibrating. You can use an AR for C-Gear abuse if you want). However, I heard from someone that if you set your parameter values wide enough when you search, that you might find results. I'm not sure how to widen the timer0 value since I'm not sure how the letters and stuff work. But this is not guaranteed to work, and your results might even be inconsistent. It's better to just RNG without using an AR; you don't really need one anyhow. c:

Thanks for the reply but I need it to check IV's. Anyhow, I found another old AR which is one of the switch-in-switch-out variants so it doesn't actually stay in the game when you start it up. (You start the game with AR in, take it out, and put the game [B/W] in and select whatever codes, then you hit start and I'm assuming that's the startup time for the game). Apparently this doesn't affect the RNG according to this video, granted it's 4th gen... does this still apply? Ah so confused!!! :-(

Edit; actually I'm getting REALLY inconsistent results with AR so I'll just go without...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)