5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

RNG Manipulation on DSi

With Standard Seeds, are there any process differences (beside having to use an external clock) between RNG manipulation on a DSi compared to the one I'm used to using, a DS Lite?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
How does the "Calculate Initial PIDRNG" works actually/how does the RNG program calculate it? I'm curious because sometimes I feel like I'm hitting lower frames that RNGReporter states. It can be all my imagination since I don't master the Chatot's cry tehnique yet.
It should always start where it tells you to. More information would be great however :3

The starting frame when rnging an egg changes every time you save? Or any starting frame for that matter?
They don't change. However, keep in mind that the NPCs movement will-as they will start at different locations-, so that means the advances they make will most likely be different.

With Standard Seeds, are there any process differences (beside having to use an external clock) between RNG manipulation on a DSi compared to the one I'm used to using, a DS Lite?
The process is exactly the same, just make sure to remember you'll need to find the parameters for your new console.

Hi everyone !

Well, I've been told about the Cute Charm problem in Gen IV (and how it could help finding lot of shinies).
What I want to do is abuse both my ID and SID so that they're the same, in an official retail cartridge.
I have a Pearl version which I can start again for that, but the problem is : how can I do that with RNG Reporter ?

I don't have much knowledge in RNG manipulating, but I've hatched many shiny eggs in Platinum with RNG anyway.

So, first of all :

Is it possible and not too much long to have the same ID and SID in my Pearl version with RNG Reporter's Pandora's Box ?
If yes, how do I do that ? =)

I'm using the latest version of RNG Reporter btw, 9.95 BETA.

Thanks !

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Hi everyone !

Well, I've been told about the Cute Charm problem in Gen IV (and how it could help finding lot of shinies).
What I want to do is abuse both my ID and SID so that they're the same, in an official retail cartridge.
I have a Pearl version which I can start again for that, but the problem is : how can I do that with RNG Reporter ?

I don't have much knowledge in RNG manipulating, but I've hatched many shiny eggs in Platinum with RNG anyway.

So, first of all :

Is it possible and not too much long to have the same ID and SID in my Pearl version with RNG Reporter's Pandora's Box ?
If yes, how do I do that ? =)

I'm using the latest version of RNG Reporter btw, 9.95 BETA.

Thanks !
Hey dear! This thread is to ask questions regarding 5th gen RNG abuse. You might want to take this question here.

Hey dear! Good news, RNG is now possible on all consoles so you can RNG {no C-gear} I would love to help you but I won't be avilable 'till Monday, if you're up to it tough just send me a message
Awesome,i never knew ^^~Thnks,i really want to get started RNG'ng,so let me know when your next online

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Quick question

When it comes to keypresses, where you do press them?

-James
I recommend that you start holding them down before you hit A to start the game from the main menu (unless one of them is A, obviously, in which case you'd just keep holding it down after you press it) so that you don't accidentally fumble it. Keep holding them until after the Nintendo logo.

I recommend that you start holding them down before you hit A to start the game from the main menu (unless one of them is A, obviously, in which case you'd just keep holding it down after you press it) so that you don't accidentally fumble it. Keep holding them until after the Nintendo logo.
Thank you.

-James

interesting. i never thought of holding them down before pressing a. will try this the next time i rng. very informative, thanks.

Is there any way to verify seeds in the 5th Gen like the 4th? I'm hitting something wrong and don't really know how to check it.

-James

Hi, I am trying to RNG a Cobalion and I'm having trouble getting the correct nature (Jolly). I have set my parameters and have found a spread that works. I am using PPRNG v1.11.1 and it's telling me that my spread is on Frame 47| Chatot Hi (98)| Nature <SYNC> I am using a synchronizer but when I hit my seed its nature is Bold. This has only happened twice now so I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong or if synchronize has just failed twice now. I've tried to be as detailed as I can but I'm new to RNG (I've only RNGed one pokemon so far) so I'm not sure which questions are the right ones to ask.

@Cereza Ty from your response. It seems I did hit wrong Timer0 after all so the chatot pitches didn't match. :p I found few similar chatot pitch lines under the initial pidrng frame so I thought the start frame was lower.

Is there any way to verify seeds in the 5th Gen like the 4th? I'm hitting something wrong and don't really know how to check it.

-James
Depends on what you are trying to RNG and what method you are using (Standard Seed or CGear?) You can use Chatots to verify your PID frame and IVs to check your Seed (In Gen V nature and IVs are separated).

Hi, I am trying to RNG a Cobalion and I'm having trouble getting the correct nature (Jolly). I have set my parameters and have found a spread that works. I am using PPRNG v1.11.1 and it's telling me that my spread is on Frame 47| Chatot Hi (98)| Nature <SYNC> I am using a synchronizer but when I hit my seed its nature is Bold. This has only happened twice now so I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong or if synchronize has just failed twice now. I've tried to be as detailed as I can but I'm new to RNG (I've only RNGed one pokemon so far) so I'm not sure which questions are the right ones to ask.
Hey can you post a screenshot from the PPRNG window that shows the seed you're trying to hit? It would be easier to help. =)

Depends on what you are trying to RNG and what method you are using (Standard Seed or CGear?) You can use Chatots to verify your PID frame and IVs to check your Seed (In Gen V nature and IVs are separated).
Trying to RNG Terrakion (first time B/W growing pains here, I know). The Chatot calls seem not to come out right ever. I'm constantly getting the same thing over and over.

-James

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Verify your seed using the IVs; if they're not what you wanted, then use the Adjacent Seed Tool, either from the main window under 5th Gen Tools or by right-clicking your seed in Time Finder. The fact that you're getting the same Chatot pattern every time suggests you're hitting the same (wrong) seed every time, probably your alternate Timer0.

Trying to RNG Terrakion (first time B/W growing pains here, I know). The Chatot calls seem not to come out right ever. I'm constantly getting the same thing over and over.

-James
I'd recommend you to find Seed that has IV spread you like at frame 1. That makes PIDRNG so much easier. And takes less time to figure out whether you did hit the correct seed or not.

Hey can you post a screenshot from the PPRNG window that shows the seed you're trying to hit? It would be easier to help. =)

In my original post I said that it was frame 47, but I believe that it is PID frame 47 so before I encounter Cobalian I turn 23 times and save once (I currently do not have a Chatot, if anyone wants to help me with that I would be forever greatful). The only times I have hit the spread are when I do this. Hope this helps, thanks!

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

In my original post I said that it was frame 47, but I believe that it is PID frame 47 so before I encounter Cobalian I turn 23 times and save once (I currently do not have a Chatot, if anyone wants to help me with that I would be forever greatful). The only times I have hit the spread are when I do this. Hope this helps, thanks!
PID Frame does not start on frame 1. PID Frame usually starts between frame 40-60. Important not to mix up IV frame and PID frame (two separate things). PPRNG also tells you what your starting PID frame is near the top (labeled "Initial PID frame").

PID Frame does not start on frame 1. PID Frame usually starts between frame 40-60. Important not to mix up IV frame and PID frame (two separate things). PPRNG also tells you what your starting PID frame is near the top (labeled "Initial PID frame").
Ok that clears that up a little bit. I see where it says "initial pid frame" and it starts on 47, same as listed next to Chatot. Does this mean that I don't have to do any advances and just start the battle as soon as the season screen clears?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ok that clears that up a little bit. I see where it says "initial pid frame" and it starts on 47, same as listed next to Chatot. Does this mean that I don't have to do any advances and just start the battle as soon as the season screen clears?
If that's what it says, yes.

I got a Jolly Terrakion, 31/31/31/30/31/31

But my question is:

Why was it n - 1 Chatot calls? I got my frame and I had to put it 1 behind to work.

Why is this? Seems weird or the instructional video is wrong?

-James

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)