D_What's first giveaway (Close plz thank you :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! I've been the beneficiary of quite a few different things from the WiFi forum, for which I'm very grateful. That has nothing at all to do with the fact that I'm now going to do a giveaway.
*sound of a trend being bucked*
Actually, I'd put together some eclectic stuff for a private giveaway elsewhere (hence the Quarantine), but I figured, hey, if I get this stuff cloned, I can give a little back :) (Thanks to Nelson Tangela for helping me with that btw!)

ANYWAY! I have a *fairly small* stock of stuff to get rid of in the next 42 hours. 5 Pokemon, 4 copies each, first come first serve, so get them while they're available since I won't have extras!

STOCK

No Jolteon remaining!

All Pokemon are level 50, bred by me in AS and fully trained. Previously nicknamed copies are fully redis, but I won't be so cruel as to force you to use the rather strange (and crowd-sourced) nicknames that most of these have, so if you want a non-redis, vanilla copy, request it!

RULES

Check the stock (or read the most recent posts), request 1 Pokemon, and put something that is unlikely to be sniped on the GTS asking for the Pokemon! Supply your IGN and the message you entered. If it gets sniped, I'll still count your request as "reserved". If all 4 copies have already been taken, though... tough!

Also, so's I know you can read, post the name of a webcomic you enjoy reading and give me 1 reason why I might NOT like it! Saves time all 'round IMO. If you don't read webcomics, or only ever see them on your FB feed (will not accept Cyanide and Happiness for this reason), you can do this instead:
Write a poem about how great another (neither me nor you) Smogon user is. Bonus points if it's in Limerick/Haiku form, and also if you tag that user, and also if it's really bloody funny. Hell, everybody should do this, but I suppose the webcomic thing is sufficient. Not doing either of these two things counts as not posting!

POKEMON DETAILS
Jolteon

"Fulgur"
Nature: Timid | Ability: Volt Absorb
Moves: Thunderbolt - Volt Switch - Hidden Power (Ice) - Shadow Ball
IV: 31 - x - 30 - 31 - 31 - 31
Item: Choice Specs
Male

Crobat

"FalseProphet"
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Infiltrator
Moves: Taunt - Brave Bird - Defog - Roost
IV: 31 - 31 - 31 - x - 31 - 31
Item: Black Sludge
Female

Malamar

"iT's iPad"
Nature: Careful | Ability: Contrary
Moves: Superpower - Knock Off - Rest - Sleep Talk
IV: 31 - 31 - 31 - x - 31 - 31
Item: Leftovers
Female

Sharpedo

"LordNSavior"
Nature: Naughty | Ability: Speed Boost
Moves: Protect - Crunch - Hydro Pump - Ice Beam
IV: 31 - 31 - 31 - 31 - 31 - 31
Item: Master Ball (Sharpedoite not supplied)
Male

Gengar

"Overlord"
Nature: Timid | Ability: Levitate
Moves: Shadow Ball - Sludge Bomb - Focus Blast - Taunt
IV: 31 - x - 31 - 31 - 31 - 31
Item: Life Orb
Male

Giveaway is officially over! PM me if you want a Sharpedo, since there's several left. (MSharpedo can and does run Naughty, guys.) Thanks for participating!

And please, for the love of god, improve your reading comprehension!!!

Last edited:
Request: Gengar (If is possible non-redis)
Pokemon left in gts: Wynaut female level 1
IGN: Vincenzo
Webcomic: Grrl Power
Reason why you may not like it:Is a classic story where a normale people became a superhero, yes, the pg are funny but is really the same as many other webcomic outputs in the past.

I'd like a Jolteon that's nicknamed (props for the Latin). I deposited a level 16 female Magikarp. My IGN is Mizaru and the message is "Lightning."

As for the webcomic, my favorite right now is Unsounded. There are lot of fantasy webcomics out there, but this one sets itself apart with paper-level illustration and writing. It even sticks to the update schedule! The only thing not to like about it (aside from the genre possibly) is that the current narrative is pretty dark and gory.

And thanks for doing this giveaway!

Deposited a Lv. 1 M Mudkip for a non-redis Sharpedo
IGN: Trevor
Also, so's I know you can read, post the name of a webcomic you enjoy reading and give me 1 reason why I might NOT like it! Saves time all 'round IMO. If you don't read webcomics, or only ever see them on your FB feed (will not accept Cyanide and Happiness for this reason), you can do this instead:
Write a poem about how great another (neither me nor you) Smogon user is. Bonus points if it's in Limerick/Haiku form, and also if you tag that user, and also if it's really bloody funny. Hell, everybody should do this, but I suppose the webcomic thing is sufficient. Not doing either of these two things counts as not posting!

I'd like a Jolteon that's nicknamed (props for the Latin). I deposited a level 16 female Magikarp. My IGN is Mizaru and the message is "Lightning."

As for the webcomic, my favorite right now is Unsounded. There are lot of fantasy webcomics out there, but this one sets itself apart with paper-level illustration and writing. It even sticks to the update schedule! The only thing not to like about it (aside from the genre possibly) is that the current narrative is pretty dark and gory.

And thanks for doing this giveaway!
Uggggh I love this comic! I binged the whole archive of it only two weeks ago, right before the last big update. I love the world-building; magic in it is so formulaic, and I love that. Also, all the characters are really... human!

My only wish is that some of the colours were more saturated :o Duane's green pymaric looks kinda dull for what should be bright magical energy.

Anyway, sent! None of the nicknames for these Pokemon are my own, alas :P The Pokemon are all representative of injokes or members of a forum I'm on; one of the users names all of his Jolteon Fulgur.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Put up a level 1 female Sableye for Jolteon (nicknamed version please). IGN is Cara, thanks!

Only webcomic I occasionally read is Dinosaur Comics, which I'm honestly surprised is as popular as it is, because A: the jokes are not always easy to get, and B: it doesn't have the traditional set up to punchline format that almost all other comics use. It is great almost all of the time though!

(please forgive me I gave two reasons)

Put up a level 1 female Sableye for Jolteon (nicknamed version please). IGN is Cara, thanks!

Only webcomic I occasionally read is Dinosaur Comics, which I'm honestly surprised is as popular as it is, because A: the jokes are not always easy to get, and B: it doesn't have the traditional set up to punchline format that almost all other comics use. It is great almost all of the time though!

(please forgive me I gave two reasons)
It's kind of like a wordier, absurdist, less mathsy XKCD. Only with dinousaur clipart. But Ryan North is genuinely funny and really really tall :o

Sent!

Put up a lvl 6 female dratini for a nicknamed sharpedo.
IGN: Brandon
ONe comic I like is Narbonic by Shaenon Garrity, one reason you might not like it is that mad scientists are just to standard and unoriginal. don't have any other reasons really...

Put up a lvl 6 female dratini for a nicknamed sharpedo.
IGN: Brandon
ONe comic I like is Narbonic by Shaenon Garrity, one reason you might not like it is that mad scientists are just to standard and unoriginal. don't have any other reasons really...
Iiiii'm gonna have to raise you a "really small font" on the first set of strips and "crayon'd backgrounds" on the second, but, you've got my attention! I'll give it a look.

In the meantime, your Dratini is there, but you're looking for Female Sharpedo! Mine is male so I can't send it :o I'll reserve it anyway and send it later after you reupload!

IGN: Justin
Pokemon: Whismur 9 F
Request: Jolteon

I enjoyed a comic I found online titled "The Gamer." It's about a guy who is living life, then finds out his life is turning into an RPG where he has stats he can grind for. You wouldn't enjoy it if you don't care for RPGs or Japanese style comics.

IGN: Armed
Pokemon: Female Growlithe lvl 1
Request: Crobat

I like reading Gamer cat, but it has a lot of in jokes for the popular video games, and is about a cat.
Thank you :)

Last edited:
IGN: Azura
Pokemon Deposited: level 18 female Swablu
Pokemon Requested: Gengar

You should check out Melo Holic; it's a fantastic Korean webtoon. It's really psychologically creepy, though, so you might not like it if you're a pansy like I am (but I still loved it).

IGN: Maya
Pokemon Deposited: Lv. 35 Female Pelipper
Pokemon Requested: Jolteon (the nickname is fine)

One webcomic I read is DBMultiverse (Dragon Ball Multiverse). If you are not a fan of Dragon Ball Z, you probably would not like it. If you do like Dragon Ball Z, you may find the pacing to be terrible, especially with all the "Specials" they tend to have between chapters. The specials provide some backstory on the different universes, but a lot of them are largely unnecessary and distract too much from the main plot.

IGN: Gabe
Deposited Pokemon: Lvl. 13 Female Trubbish
Pokemon Requested: Crobat, if possible can it be re-nicknamed "Diaemus"? If not, no nickname is fine.

My favorite webcomic ever was FreakAngels by Warren Ellis because I've been a longtime fan of his writing since he wrote the Authority. His work introduced a lot of ideas to me & post-apocalyptic stuff has always caught my attention.
You might not like it because it tends to be dark and if you're conservative you definitely won't. None of his stuff is PC friendly.

IGN: Azura
Pokemon Deposited: level 18 female Swablu
Pokemon Requested: Gengar

You should check out Melo Holic; it's a fantastic Korean webtoon. It's really psychologically creepy, though, so you might not like it if you're a pansy like I am (but I still loved it).
IGN: Armed
Pokemon: Female Growlithe lvl 1
Request: Crobat

I like reading Gamer cat, but it has a lot of in jokes for the popular video games, and is about a cat.
Thank you :)
The pokemon are level 50, not 100, I can't send them >.< reserved instead!

Other two: sent and sent!

Electro Jazz : no, sorry! Unless they are exclusively online or were digital before being printed.

Request : Crobat ==> deposited a lvl 21 cacnea. IGN is Joce
Also, I don't read any webcomics so you might NOT LIKE me :D
And I won't be able to write a poem as i'm not good enough to do this :'(
thanks for the giveaway bro ! that's cool

Oh Electro Jazz
a haiku is not too hard
see? I just did one!
Wow, just wow! But I have to address a smogonite,
And infact, I will create the poem despite,
the fact I cannot write,
such a good poem.

I'm writing a short haiku,
About Hulavuta,
Cuz his avatar pic is related Goku*

I like DBZ,
And I respect,
Hulavuta due to this!

Does this work? LOL tried my hardest. BTW, DBZ,Naruto, Pkeman And Tokyo ghoul for life!

Request : Crobat ==> deposited a lvl 21 cacnea. IGN is Joce
Also, I don't read any webcomics so you might NOT LIKE me :D
And I won't be able to write a poem as i'm not good enough to do this :'(
thanks for the giveaway bro ! that's cool
Nonsense! See this poem./ 5 syllables
Haikus are really easy./ 7 syllables
Count the syllables!/ 5 syllables

Poems don't have to be good
uh, and trees are made of wood?
D_what's so bad at poetry
that his poems don't rhyme properly.
Try again!

Wow, just wow! But I have to address a smogonite,
And infact, I will create the poem despite,
the fact I cannot write,
such a good poem.

I'm writing a short haiku,
About Hulavuta,
Cuz his avatar pic is related Goku*

I like DBZ,
And I respect,
Hulavuta due to this!

Does this work? LOL tried my hardest. BTW, DBZ,Naruto, Pkeman And Tokyo ghoul for life!
lmao
*the sound of fervent applause breaks through the ether*
But you've forgotten to ask for anything and post details!

Yeah I know! But, forget it. Syllables? Verses? Not my stuff. God I need some more research. I'm going to bed so probably will post 2moro. Bye,and sorry for the shitty poem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)